• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
1:24:40
612 caught
almost there

also whats everyone's most and least favorite type?
mine are Fighting and Water respectively.
Favorite:

Motherfucking Steel.

Least Favorite:

Hm... Normal, probably. Normal types are usually pretty boring.

D-Pad

Poison is my favorite, I guess. It's a cool concept, with cool alley-like Pokemon, but Game Freak hasn't really done anything cool with it yet. It's only strong against one other type, which happens to be my LEAST favorite type because I'm allergic to most of it IRL.

So, Favorite - Poison; Least favorite - Grass.

If I have to choose favorite types, it would be Fire and Ice for three original reasons:
1) Charmander.
2) Charizard!
3) Freakin' Articuno!!!
It also helped that red is my favorite color.

I can't think of any types I'm better off without, considering each of them have a few pokemon that are not only cool, but are pretty useful in my team.

JVIDICAN

D-Pad said:
I just meant level wise, but damn dude. :( My strongests aren't that high. Are those EV trained?

... :-

Lol. yeah, fully trained bad asses. :p I think Flat rules would bring them down to Lv50 though.

EDIT: YAY! :D
FC: 4899 5707 4049

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
PounchEnvy said:
Favorite type - Dragon
Least Favorite type - Flying (used to also be Fighting also but Scraggy has converted me)

Whatchu got against flying?

Gravijah said:
How can anyone hate Fighting?!

Eh it's so lame. Hitmonchan/lee were probably my least favorite designs in Gen 1 and I've disliked it ever since.

It also just feels arbitrary. Fire, Ice, Electric? Those are elements that deserve to be types. But fighting? Don't all Pokemon fight? So dumb.

Gravijah

PounchEnvy said:
They're so boooooring (design-wise).

But I guess I should say Normal-Flying combo.

HITMONCHAN?! MEDICHAM?! .

Andrex said:
Gyarados, Drifblim, Togekiss, and Skarmory would like to have a word with you.

Psh, Gyarados is Water/Dragon. Don't let Game Freak fool you.

Izayoi said:
Ah, see? Normal is the cancerous type here, not Flying.

Normal types are just boring by definition.

Skitty?! Meowth?!

Poyunch

Andrex said:
Gyarados, Drifblim, Togekiss, and Skarmory would like to have a word with you.
I fixed my post. Braviary and Rufflet and Togekiss are the exceptions.

Izayoi said:

But I love Miltank, Snorlax, Eevee, Kangaskhan, Chansey, and Blissey.

Ravidrath

Favorite: Electric and Ghost
Least Favorite: Normal

I might've said Poison was my least favorite once upon a time, but I'm a fan of Scolipede and Drapion.

Seems like Bug and Poison are getting a lot of love now... not sure how they can fix Normal, though, unless they just give them insane stats to counter their lack of type advantages.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
PounchEnvy said:

TogekissFabulous01.png

Damn straight.

PounchEnvy said:

Those are all pretty bland. The only one I really care for of those is Snorlax.

Izayoi said:

Indeed it doesn't help that they have no strengths and only one weakness. they are barely even a part of the type chart at all.

Ravidrath

DoomXploder7 said:
Indeed it doesn't help that they have no strengths and only one weakness. they are barely even a part of the type chart at all.

That is their role, to be fair - to be generic and versatile.

I can't imagine Normal becoming broken if it got STAB... maybe that's all they need to do.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Even still, Flying/Normal has Noctowl, Farfetch'd, Dodrio, and Swablu. And as mentioned Braviary, Togekiss, and Staraptor.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Psh, Gyarados is Water/Dragon. Don't let Game Freak fool you.

Even though it can only learn Bounce as a flying type move, doesn't prove anything!

I love that I can have it on my flying team, since I use the shiny one from HG/SS. So awesome. I would kill GF if they took that away from me. D:

JVIDICAN

I hate when it does this.. -_-
Try one more time, if it doesn't work backout and rejoin.

DPAD wants to join you.
Me : awesome! lets do this!
DPAD wants to join you............................
>:/

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Even though it can only learn Bounce as a flying type move, doesn't prove anything!

I love that I can have it on my flying team, since I use the shiny one from HG/SS. So awesome. I would kill GF if they took that away from me. D:

I should do an all ghost playthrough, since there are so many interesting ghosts.

Izayoi

Banned
PounchEnvy said:

Braviary, Rufflet, Togekiss, Snorlax, and Kangaskhan I'll give you.

Otherwise, eh.

DoomXploder7 said:
Yup. Boring in every way.

Ravidrath said:
That is their role, to be fair - to be generic and versatile.

I can't imagine Normal becoming broken if it got STAB... maybe that's all they need to do.
Huh? Normal types do get STAB...

PounchEnvy said:
But they make such great walls. :(
Not really. Heavy hitting Fighting moves are so pervasive in the metagame that they're bound to get dropped in one, maybe two turns - and there's nothing they can really do to fight back.

Gravijah said:
I should do an all ghost playthrough, since there are so many interesting ghosts.
Now you're talking. Shit would be awesome.

Poyunch

Izayoi said:
Not really. Heavy hitting Fighting moves are so pervasive in the metagame that they're bound to get dropped in one, maybe two turns - and there's nothing they can really do to fight back.
I guess it's because in my group of friends no one used fighting moves or types.

I was also going to make a big point about how awesome Snorlax was but then I noticed you mentioned it. Snorlax was such a boss in the anime.

Delio

Anyone wanna have a pratice doubles match? Trying to see what works on my team and random wifi is a pain with stuff like Garchomp and HornDrill/Fissure Excadrills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom