• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
I guess it's because in my group of friends no one used fighting moves or types.

I was also going to make a big point about how awesome Snorlax was but then I noticed you mentioned it. Snorlax was such a boss in the anime.
Yeah, Snorlax was one of my few favorites from Gen I.

Pau

For some reason ever since I was a kid I've refused to use Grass types. Naturally, this makes encounters with Quagsire (and now Seismitoad) slightly aggravating. Also won't have something on the team if it's just pure Rock. Used to never use Fighting, but eventually I saw the error of my ways.

And man, reading through this thread makes me feel so behind. I just got the National Dex. :(

D-Pad

WWWHYYYYYYY. FUCK this shit, we'll just try again tomorrow.

And yes Linoone does look ugly. He's looks so damn ugly. >:\

JVIDICAN

DAMN YOU GF!

EDIT: Sounds good. I expect a good counter for Starmie next time :p
From this
Spr_4d_264.png

To this.
Spr_5b_264.png

Why? lol.

JVIDICAN

D-Pad said:
Your Chandelure and Starmie are beasts!
Thanks! Your Crobat was pretty beastly, it kept ruining my substitutions. >:{
I just wish Chandelure had its dream world ability shadow tag. It'd be a godtier with that.

Izayoi

Banned
JVIDICAN said:
DAMN YOU GF!

EDIT: Sounds good. I expect a good counter for Starmie next time :p
From this
Spr_4d_264.png

To this.
Spr_5b_264.png

Why? lol.
For some unknown reason
lol
all of the Generation III Pokemon had their sprites completely re-worked from scratch.

Gravijah

I actually like the new version, too.
Izayoi said:
For some unknown reason
lol
all of the Generation III Pokemon had their sprites completely re-worked from scratch.

It's almost like they're preparing for something.

JVIDICAN

Izayoi said:
For some unknown reason
lol
So Linoons going look like this sickly squashed badger in the remakes... >:/

D-Pad

Battling with others is fun. I need to find some more of my old teams too, to battle with. They're not properly EV'd like my Crobat team, but I haven't used them in a while and I bet they're all pissed at me and are calling me a mean trainer like that HM-slave Furret in that one comic strip...

Yeah, I'm going to bed now. :p

D-Pad

JVIDICAN said:
So Linoons going look like this sickly squashed badger in the remakes... >:/

Nah, they'll fix him. Like they fixed all of the gen 1 and gen 2 pokemon going from R/S to FR/LG.

they better.

JVIDICAN

D-Pad said:
Nah, they'll fix him. Like they fixed all of the gen 1 and gen 2 pokemon going from R/S to FR/LG.

they better.
Actually what makes him look so bad is the color pallet.
Here's a quick shop I did replacing it with the old pallet
10mtu9s.jpg

Gravijah

I don't understand why Cloyster is part Ice type.
Wiseblade said:
I don't really have a favourite/least favourite type. I love/hate Pokémon on a case by case basis.

Yeah, even though my least favorite type is Fire I still like some Fire Pokemon.

upandaway

Gravijah said:
I don't understand why Cloyster is half Ice type.
Once, I went to Bulbapedia to get to Cloyster's page, and in the search, I wrote vagina instead of cloyster. Completely by mistake.

Sub-consciousness at its best.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
I don't understand why Cloyster is half Ice type.
Because magic.

And yeah, the same could be said of any "bad" or "bland" type. The only reason I picked Normal as my least favorite is because it's the type with the least amount of Pokemon that I like - still some Normal types that I adore.

However, it contrasts starkly with Steel. I don't think I dislike a single Steel type Pokemon, and many of my all-time favorites are Steel.

Articalys

Izayoi said:
I like him as well.

And yeah, Gamefreak is pretty terrible at hiding things.
While it's pretty much a given that Gen III remakes are coming, what does the art alone prove? There are a ton of non-Hoenn sprites that were changed coming into Gen V. Everyone had to be remodeled for animation, just some more drastically than others.

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
While it's pretty much a given that Gen III remakes are coming, what does the art alone prove? There are a ton of non-Hoenn sprites that were changed coming into Gen V. Everyone had to be remodeled for animation, just some more drastically than others.
Most of the non-Gen III sprites use HGSS/Platinum sprites as a base.

Gen III was the only Generation that saw each and every single one of its Pokemon get a complete rework from the base sprite up.

upandaway

Izayoi said:
Most of the non-Gen III sprites use HGSS/Platinum sprites as a base.

Gen III was the only Generation that saw each and every single one of its Pokemon get a complete rework from the base sprite up.
They're the ones that weren't changed coming into HGSS right? It makes sense.

Izayoi

Banned
upandaway said:
They're the ones that weren't changed coming into HGSS right? It makes sense.
No, many of the Gen III sprites were changed in the transition from Platinum to HGSS.

Gen III saw less of a change than some of the other Generations, but it still saw plenty of sprites get reworked.

Gravijah

But that would mean RSE remakes would still be using the same sprites. Or, just a pre-cursor maybe. OR MAYBE THEY CANCELLED THE RSE REMAKES! GASP!

Articalys

Whatever, I just don't know why you'd call it "hiding things" for GF to be focusing on changing the Hoenn sprites. I can't think of a single Pokemon player who pays attention to the internet who wouldn't be expecting the R/S remakes on the DS. Hell, I'd say it's been an open secret since they announed HG/SS. Just like S-E steadily remade every FF game so far.

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
Whatever, I just don't know why you'd call it "hiding things" for GF to be focusing on changing the Hoenn sprites. I can't think of a single Pokemon player who pays attention to the internet who wouldn't be expecting the R/S remakes on the DS. Hell, I'd say it's been an open secret since they announed HG/SS. Just like S-E steadily remade every FF game so far.
Some Gamefreak guy denied that they were working on a third version of BW or doing RS remakes, so... not so much hiding things as denying their existence, I suppose.

caffeinedreamer said:
If every Pokémon game had Secret Bases there would be no need for a Gen III remake.
Woah. Woah.

Articalys

Izayoi said:
Some Gamefreak guy denied that they were working on a third version of BW or doing RS remakes, so... not so much hiding things as denying their existence, I suppose.

Woah. Woah.
Well that's just standard operating procedure for any company.
Nonetheless, you do have to admire that's it's an efficient move to get the assets done this early.

Arren

Is the GTS down for anybody else? I can't seem to access the service at all, no matter how many repeated attempts I make.

It's odd, I never experienced such problems with SS or Pearl.

Wiseblade

I would have thought the extensive Gen III pokemon sprite redesign would be a mark against a R/S/E remake. Kanto sprites were really dull in R/S and Jhto sprites were a little lifeless in D/P.

JVIDICAN

Arren said:
Is the GTS down for anybody else? I can't seem to access the service at all, no matter how many repeated attempts I make.

I was on a few minutes ago. Connection is a bit iffy atm though.

Does anyone have a Deino there willing to part with?

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
Well that's just standard operating procedure for any company.
Nonetheless, you do have to admire that's it's an efficient move to get the assets done this early.
Oh, I'm not knocking them at all.

I just think it's funny how Gamefreak puts such obvious hints in their games and then denies it the next day.

Jasmine in DPPt was also a dead giveaway, yet they denied the existence of HGSS for years and years.

Arren said:

Black and White are far more popular than DPPt/HGSS were. Fastest selling Pokemon games of all time.

Articalys

Izayoi said:
Oh, I'm not knocking them at all.

I just think it's funny how Gamefreak puts such obvious hints in their games and then denies it the next day.

Jasmine in DPPt was also a dead giveaway, yet they denied the existence of HGSS for years and years.

Black and White are far more popular than DPPt/HGSS were. Fastest selling Pokemon games of all time.
I was far removed from the Pokemon scene at the time D/P came out... what was the reaction to Jasmine like? She was the only character from a previous gen to show up there, wasn't she?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom