• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Pure Power (Skill Swapped from your team, then back to Shuckle) +6 Attack Power Trick Shuckle holding Metronome on the 5th turn of Rollout having used Defense Curl, and scores a Critical Hit (you can Baton Pass a Focus Energy) hitting a -6 Defense Shedinja.

I believe that's the most 'powerful' damage modifying combination possible.

Articalys said:
What is the strongest potential multiplier boost an attack can have? I think it would be STAB + (2x Super Effective) + Critical Hit + Held Item. So that's 1.2*2*2*2*what's the best item boost?

STAB is actually x1.5.

Just finished checking their IV stats and I got pretty good results. I know which one I'll use for battling and I even nicknamed the little suckers. I'll see what I can do about the Evee next, but that is definitely going to take a backseat for the weekend since I have to study.

Results:

Heracross 1st Dark(Tachyon)
Heracross - #214 (Adamant) : 31 / 27 / 29 / 17 / 31 / 31

Heracross 3rd Dark(Starbuck)
Heracross - #214 (Adamant) : 21 / 31 / 27 / 3 / 13 / 31

Heracross 5th Dragon (Apollo)
Heracross - #214 (Adamant) : 2 / 28 / 27 / 29 / 31 / 31

Heracross 6th Water (Gamma)
Heracross - #214 (Adamant) : 31 / 26 / 14 / 12 / 31 / 31

Ravidrath

Gravijah said:
Please tell me your name was inspired by the crab like creatures in Operation Logic Bomb.

It wasn't - just a term I heard used in a movie or something that seemed appropriate, given their supercomputer-like nature.

I really wanted to call it Golden Silver, like in Gunstar/Guardian Heroes, but it's too long. :\

Gravijah

Ravidrath said:
It wasn't - just a term I heard used in a movie or something that seemed appropriate, given their supercomputer-like nature.

I really wanted to call it Golden Silver, like in Gunstar/Guardian Heroes, but it's too long. :\

There's a top down shooter on the SNES called Operation Logic Bomb and some of the bosses are giant mecha crabs.

BZK6C.png

Articalys

Andrex said:
Don't forget weather.
Oh right, plus there's the effects of a ability. And my bad at mixing up the STAB bonus. I should probably include the boost from stuff like Swords Dance, too, even though the damage formula means they aren't multiplied in exactly the same manner but it's close enough.

So the full equation of possible effects would be:

STAB+Weaktype1+Weaktype2+Critical+Boost+Held+Weather+Ability

The first four and max boost are fixed values so we end up with:

1.5*2*2*2*4*Item*Weather*Ability = 48*Item*Weather*Ability

The best item boost is the tenth attack with a Metronome, at 2x. The best ability/weather combination seems to sunlight/rain on top of Huge Power/PurePower, at 1.5*2 for a combined 3x boost.
Putting it all together gives a whopping 288x damage multiplier.
Amusingly, this optimal combination is only possible with Marill and Azumarill attacking a dual-type combination of Fire, Rock, and Ground. So I doubt it would ever actually happen. But it would raise the power of their Aqua Tail to 25,920.

D-Pad

This book is saying that there are
leftovers
hidden around
Village Bridge
but I'm not finding anything...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
leftovers
hidden around
Village Bridge

It's in the hobo's trash can.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
D-Pad said:
leftovers
hidden around
Village Bridge

Don't forget to use the Dowsing Machine. Just walk around with it on, you'll find a ton of crap.

Red

Just tried the Nimbasa City battle test. Got to the fourth or fifth round real easily, when suddenly this guy pulls a set of legendaries out and destroys me.
Regirock
in particular, completely annihilated my team. Curse curse curse curse earthquake. Did not expect that at all.

Do you even get anything for the battle test? I was given a "hyper rank" but have no idea how that factors into anything.

D-Pad

I walked around the whole town with the dowsing machine on (I always have it on :p) and I don't see no hobo man trashcan...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
I walked around the whole town with the dowsing machine on (I always have it on :p) and I don't see no hobo man trashcan...

It's on the lower left side of the river.

When his face turns...I shit brix.

Holy Order Sol said:
Basically my face after seeing the last clip of the soma avatar.

Still working on my team.

-Oshawott

-Blitzel

-Liepard

-Herdier

-Timburr

Feels really bland at the moment but I haven't been introduced to any other choices this early in the game. Only just beat the second gym. Any suggestions for diversifying my poke-assets?

ryan-ts

Just fished a Politoed but it used Perish Song before I could grab it, I am not leaving Route 6 until I catch that amazing Pokemon.

upandaway

Nice! Finally found my 5th member, right before the 8th gym. Still kinda worried I won't get a 6 before the E4.. but I still have one guy in my PC I like and might use.

Team right now (a far, far cry from my Jap team)

500.png
579.png
526.png
553.png
627.png

Sadaharu, Cell, Giga, Quake and Simba.

Looking at them together, I realize that all of these were those I liked most as soon as they were revealed pre-release (besides one more that I used in the Jap release). So it's kind of like my pre-release team, and I never meant for this to happen.
I hope I can find a dude to put alongside them!

vhfive

upandaway said:
Nice! Finally found my 5th member, right before the 8th gym. Still kinda worried I won't get a 6 before the E4.. but I still have one guy in my PC I like and might use.

Team right now (a far, far cry from my Jap team)

500.png
579.png
526.png
553.png
627.png

Sadaharu, Cell, Giga, Quake and Simba.

Looking at them together, I realize that all of these were those I liked most as soon as they were revealed pre-release (besides one more that I used in the Jap release). So it's kind of like my pre-release team, and I never meant for this to happen.
I hope I can find a dude to put alongside them!
haxorus.jpg

Currently on my 4th streak in the Super Single Battle line. My Darmanitan is a fucking lifesaver, oh my god. With Flare Blitz + Sheer Force + Choice Scarf, he's even OHKO'ing things that resist it!

I honestly can't count how many times he's defeated any opponents that mopped the floor with my Starmie and Electivire. SUCH A BRO

farnham

Banned
i prefered anime soma to emo soma

i usually like kojimas works a lot but i thought the anime style suits the sorrow series more

Azure J

Fuck Haxorus, seriously. Blasted thing constantly out speeds me when my brother and I do IR quick battles. How that's possible when I have a Hydregion, Serperior, Volcarona and Dragonite on this team currently is beyond me. :(

Edit: Team Plasma's battle theme is so good, I forgot to mention this before, but Grav's post reminded me to mention it. I'm also hopelessly in love with the final N Battle Theme and Elite Four main theme. Now if only
Champion Adler
had a good one. Total meh-a-ton there.

Also,
Cynthia's pre-fight theme is always and forever > than her battle theme.

Wiseblade

AzureJericho said:
Fuck Haxorus, seriously. Blasted thing constantly out speeds me when my brother and I do IR quick battles. How that's possible when I have a Hydregion, Serperior, Volcarona and Dragonite on this team currently is beyond me. :(

Choice Scarf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom