• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Lol @ the girl who gets all depressed when you beat her, and the chick who gives you the puppy dog "why are you hitting me, stop hitting me please, please stop" eyes when you're down to a handful of prize cards. NO MERCY, TPCi. YOU CAN'T TRICK ME.
So I'm battling Penlope, right? Finally turn the battle around and go full Feraligator on her ass.

Game hangs.

:\

It's still stuck. I'm sitting here looking at was was to be my sweet sweet victory, after a long grueling attempt to stay alive against her damn Xatu and Psychic (20x amount of energy cards attached to target).

Look at this shit!!
n5b0Xl.jpg

Roto13

I have three Pokemon left to trade evolve in the whole entire Pokedex. Anyone have a minute? :p
Soru said:
Didn't know where else to post this, but I just read about the Lavender Town Tune from the original games. Apparently some sound engineer put a tone in the game that killed like 200 kids including his own son then killed himself. Not sure if true or not but it was a freaky read.

What is pokeGaf's thoughts? Another creepy pasta or genuine?
Yeah, but it only plays if you catch White Hand.
JVIDICAN said:
Not that I recall..
Why do you need to know? :p

Really? What stalkers. lol.
God, seriously. The first TV show I saw was about me as a Pokemon trainer. I hadn't even left the first town yet.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Soru said:
Didn't know where else to post this, but I just read about the Lavender Town Tune from the original games. Apparently some sound engineer put a tone in the game that killed like 200 kids including his own son then killed himself. Not sure if true or not but it was a freaky read.

What is pokeGaf's thoughts? Another creepy pasta or genuine?

Fake. There was an original tune that was changed in a 1.1 update to the carts, but that was after several complaints of it depressing people or giving them headaches. Not suicides.

Black-Wind said:
Ok, I'm waiting for my 3DS to come so that I can finally play!

Just wanted to know if someone here is breeding Axew. Cause I would like baby one with Dragon Pulse and good attack + speed if someone is. :D

I could do it. Axew eggs take forever to hatch, though.

Black-Wind said:
I always hated that song/ town :/

It's OK, HG/SS version is far superior though.

Harpuia

I still need a dark pulse deino..also, is anyone willing to trade and trade back a thundarus so i can see it? i have a deoxys, shaymin, jirachi i can show as well.

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
I have three Pokemon left to trade evolve in the whole entire Pokedex. Anyone have a minute? :p

Yeah, but it only plays if you catch White Hand.

God, seriously. The first TV show I saw was about me as a Pokemon trainer. I hadn't even left the first town yet.
I can help! :D

JVIDICAN

Harpuia said:
I still need a dark pulse deino..also, is anyone willing to trade and trade back a thundarus so i can see it? i have a deoxys, shaymin, jirachi i can show as well.
You can borrow mine. Use it to battle Landorus and then just send it back! :)

Nevermind! I have Tornadus lol. Sorry. :(

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
So I'm battling Penlope, right? Finally turn the battle around and go full Feraligator on her ass.

Game hangs.

:\

It's still stuck. I'm sitting here looking at was was to be my sweet sweet victory, after a long grueling attempt to stay alive against her damn Xatu and Psychic (20x amount of energy cards attached to target).

Look at this shit!!
http://i.imgur.com/n5b0Xl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Give it a little time. Whenever the game hangs for me waiting for a few seconds seems to let it go back to normal.

I've never had it straight-up stop working. If you're having problems try turning your Flash quality down.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
There are also pokemon who use subs to pretend that they have a bit of bulk. It's one of my favourite things to do with Jolteon. Get in on something it scares the living daylights out of, sub on the switch and and then murder everything. If something actually comes in that Jolt can't touch, Baton Pass to something that can, effectively giving them a free switch in.

:/

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Give it a little time. Whenever the game hangs for me waiting for a few seconds seems to let it go back to normal.

I've never had it straight-up stop working. If you're having problems try turning your Flash quality down.

I'll have to try with the quality turned down. It's not frozen, I can move through the cards, but I can escape from that preview scene. Every action I try plays the "nope" sound and I'm basically screwed. And the status box-screen on the right goes blank.

Had a lot of fun with it, almost as much fun as the Gameboy color game.

Sigh... <3

Harpuia

such a nice offer..but i just want to see it. then i'll trade for one on gts, thanks though!

EDIT: In reference to the kind gaffer that offered to lend their thundarus >->

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Articalys said:
See, this is part of the metagame strategy I don't understand -- wouldn't the substitute get broken in the same turn it was sent out if your opponent attacked you?

Just to comment further, Substitute can be valuable in many situations. If you predict that your opponent is switching to something to counter your Pokemon, putting up a Substitute is a great check to what they're bringing in.

For instance, you bring in your Hydreigon after a Pokemon faints against their Espeon. They switch to their Scarf Jirachi (who vastly outspeeds you) to take the incoming Dragon attack, but you use Substitute. Now behind your Substitute, you're free to pick Fire Blast and eliminate Jirachi.

Even more than that, you can setup a Substitute in the face of status as well. Trying to statup with your Haxorus, and you're worried about the Spiritomb burning you? Just through up a Substitute and the move fails.

Aside from that, it helps with luck too. If a critical hit lands on your Substitute after you've secured 6 Curses and 3 Amensia's with your Registeel, it doesn't matter. But if it lands on him without a Substitute, it will cut through those boost and probably KO him.

That's critical in Battle Tower/Subway as well. Criticals are everywhere, and trying to lessen the 'chance' helps.

Hope these are some good examples.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
I'll have to try with the quality turned down. It's not frozen, I can move through the cards, but I can escape from that preview scene. Every action I try plays the "nope" sound and I'm basically screwed. And the status box-screen on the right goes blank.

Had a lot of fun with it, almost as much fun as the Gameboy color game.

Sigh... <3
Hm, did you try just clicking out of the selection screen?

Also, three mulligans in a row followed by seven negative tails in a row. I'm on a goddamn roll.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind said:
Thanks!
I should hopefully have everything set up Monday. :D

And yes, that is far better. Reminds me ... I have to get Soul Silver to! My DS broke before that one came out ... I have been waiting for the 3DS for over a year now. :(

Oh maaaaaaan... you missed out. HG/SS plus PokeGAF was amazing.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Hm, did you try just clicking out of the selection screen?

Also, three mulligans in a row followed by seven negative tails in a row. I'm on a goddamn roll.
Yep. It's not responding. :{

It's still up too. I fought to hard too let it end like this.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Straight fucked her up. Eight turns, six knockouts, only ten damage done to me on the very first turn. Aw yeah.
Nice!

So is this just a sample or is it like a full-fledged Pokemon TCG game?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
I am rubber, you are too. What ever you say ping pongs off of both of us for eternity or something like that...

No because the energy will run out eventually...

OMG Aero

Holy Order Sol said:
It also stops me from using three Life Orbs, which in turn prevents my team from working at all so fuck it.

And there's no way that story about Lavender Town is true. XD
If you need three life orbs to win against other players then you need to rebuild your team.
Using multiples of the same item is a cheap as hell way to play in multiplayer.

Really odd. The game tells me an odd storm on Route 7. I go to Route 7 and it is indeed storming. I run in the grass and Tornadus doesn't show up. Two regular wild Pokemon encounters later and it stops storming. I go back to check and it says a storm on Route 7. It isn't storming on Route 7...

Gravijah said:
hey nerds stop playing card games

Children's trading card games are serious business.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Nice!

So is this just a sample or is it like a full-fledged Pokemon TCG game?
Right now it's a beta, but eventually it will have all of the official Nintendo cards. Not sure if it's going to allow Unlimited play, but I know they'll be supporting everything in the Modified format.

How cards will be distributed is anyone's guess at this point, but I have a feeling it will be handled in a way similar to the Game Boy games did it - with booster packs. You might be able to buy some of the more rare cards with all of these tokens they give you.

Gravijah said:
hey nerds stop playing card games
</3

Andrex said:
No because the energy will run out eventually...
You're no fun.

Obsessed said:
Really odd. The game tells me an odd storm on Route 7. I go to Route 7 and it is indeed storming. I run in the grass and Tornadus doesn't show up. Two regular wild Pokemon encounters later and it stops storming. I go back to check and it says a storm on Route 7. It isn't storming on Route 7...
Changes even when stepping into gate houses. Might take a few tries. Make sure it's storming so hard you can barely see.

I'm not sure if using repels helps, but it might.

Obsessed said:
Damn straight.

Roto13

I hope the Pokemon TGC Game Boy Color game doesn't take too long to hit the 3DS Virtual Console. (A video game based on a card game based on a video game. Meta.)

Obsessed said:

protip use repel and a pokemon just below tornadus level . at least if the other pokemon are sub lvl 40

Articalys

I gave the online TCG a shot, and while it's a bit of nostalgia, it's also a little boring. The interface feels a bit clunky, even with skipping animations.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy finally finished transferring all 493+ Pokemon from my SoulSilver file. Just a couple of gaps to fill in the Unova Dex too and I'll have caught 'em all once again!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also in transferring my Sinnoh Pokemon I realized just how many were evolutions of previous gen Pokemon. Outstanding.

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
I gave the online TCG a shot, and while it's a bit of nostalgia, it's also a bit boring. The interface feels a bit clunky, even with skipping animations.
Yeah, you need a pretty beastly computer to run it because it uses Flash. Try dialing back your quality.

With animations off you can just spam click, and it basically skips straight from the end of your turn to the beginning again.

Early on it's maddeningly easy, but when you get to the Diamond League it gets a little bit more difficult - even with the powered up decks.

If there's one thing that will make you better at the game though, it's besting someone who has a deck that's far superior to your own. You can learn a lot by being up against the wall the entire game. Makes you really think about your decisions.

Anyone know how to get Kyurem? Do I need both Legendaries to get him?

Also, how do I get to the steps in the northeast corner of the Giant Chasm forest area? I haven't figured out how to get up there yet.

Gravijah

biggyfries said:

Also, how do I get to the steps in the northeast corner of the Giant Chasm forest area? I haven't figured out how to get up there yet.

You don't need both legendaries. Also, to get up the steps, first you need to find the little pond/lake in the middle of the big snowfield in Giant Chasm. Just walk up to it, I think.

D-Pad

Andrex said:
Also in transferring my Sinnoh Pokemon I realized just how many were evolutions of previous gen Pokemon. Outstanding.
And not one of those evolutions are for Heracross or Pinsir.

I think all pokemon should have at least two forms... I mean, because everything has to grow, right? 'Cept for ghosts and stuff, but...

Roto13

biggyfries said:

You don't need anything in particular to get Kyurem. That Giant Chasm kind of confused me for a while too. YOu're not trying to get to the steps. YOu're trying to find a little puddle in the middle of the area. Walk up to it and you'll figure everything out from there.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
biggyfries said:

You're just missing a part of the forest you need to approach. Once you do, everything will freeze.
It's near the upper left/middle. There's a ledge where you drop down, but just a bit below that, you'll see another ledge that you can go down instead.
Sorry if that's not clear. I had a tough time finding it the first time too.

Wow, what a fucking wall I hit after beating the Elite Four.

Pokemon Trainers are all of a sudden rocking a full team of Level 75 Ass-Kicking Pokemon.

Soma

Oh man. On the Online TCG thing i was doing terrible against Grayson (he had a lightning deck and I was using the feraligatr deck).

I had shitty hands all game and I was finally able to evolve my Croconaw (who had 30 HP left at the time and was the only pokemon I had on the field)into Feraligatr. By this time he had one prize left and I had four left. I only had enough energy for Spinning Tail and after a few turns of that, in one single attack i managed to knock out ALL his pokemon (he had a full bench too).

fuckyeah.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Whoah, Pokedex says I've caught 626 Pokemon... that seems like sooooooooooooo much. Breaking the 500 mark has really just hit me how many Pokemon there are now.

Articalys

Izayoi said:
Yeah, you need a pretty beastly computer to run it because it uses Flash. Try dialing back your quality.

With animations off you can just spam click, and it basically skips straight from the end of your turn to the beginning again.

Early on it's maddeningly easy, but when you get to the Diamond League it gets a little bit more difficult - even with the powered up decks.

If there's one thing that will make you better at the game though, it's besting someone who has a deck that's far superior to your own. You can learn a lot by being up against the wall the entire game. Makes you really think about your decisions.
No, my computer is plenty powerful enough, I mean the need to click the smallish view icons and how there's no real "cancel" button to back out of an individual card view.
Being boring wasn't a matter of it being easy, it just didn't excite me to be playing the Pokemon TCG again, especially against CPU opponents. Maybe it's just not for me anymore.

EDIT: Man, between this and the GTS, Nintendo severely underestimates the popularity of their products and the effect it has on infrastructure. That's okay, hopefully they'll learn how to have a stable online system like everyone else.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I was just thinking how awesome it'd be if Game Freak went totally balls-out next gen and introduced 200 new Pokemon (imagine, 850 total Pokemon!) 50 of them would be evolutions of old Pokemon, and 150 would be 100% new. Would be so perfect.

Also maybe I will make the TCG thread. If someone else isn't.

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
That's okay, hopefully they'll learn how to have a stable online system like everyone else.
Never going to happen.

Andrex said:
I was just thinking how awesome it'd be if Game Freak went totally balls-out next gen and introduced 200 new Pokemon (imagine, 850 total Pokemon!) 50 of them would be evolutions of old Pokemon, and 150 would be 100% new. Would be so perfect.

Also maybe I will make the TCG thread. If someone else isn't.
Making threads is not my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom