• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVIDICAN

D-Pad said:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot :p Give me a couple of minutes to get ready.

Will Sassy not keep Escavalier alive? I guess fire's the only thing I'm worried about here...

Well hes pretty much screwed either way when it comes to fire. Might as well go all out on its last attack.

Fuck the Elite Four, seriously. I just cannot stand the Full Restore spamming that goes on. It's just cheap as hell, and always has been.

I always try to beat the E4 with a no item run. What do you guys do? Are revives/potions off limits or fair game?

D-Pad

JVIDICAN said:
Well hes pretty much screwed either way when it comes to fire. Might as well go all out on its last attack.

I see, thanks. :) I'm coming on now.

Let's hope N WFC works tonight. ;[

D-Pad

CoffeeJanitor said:
Fuck the Elite Four, seriously. I just cannot stand the Full Restore spamming that goes on. It's just cheap as hell, and always has been.

I always try to beat the E4 with a no item run. What do you guys do? Are revives/potions off limits or fair game?

It depends, ya know, whether or not you want to stay sane.

I think each member only has two restores, until the last battles, then it's four.

JVIDICAN

CoffeeJanitor said:

What I do?
I use a Scrafty to take out 3 of the 4 and a reuniclus to take out the last :p

upandaway

CoffeeJanitor said:

I start every battle with a fully healed team (except for PP, those are no-go). No items during the fight though.

Dunno about fair or not, but it's just more fun for me. Hard is also often fun, but I'd rather have the hard of underleveled than the hard of not healed.

Azure J

upandaway said:
Opelucid City might be my favorite one in the game. The atmosphere there is really cool.

Nah, it's all about Lacunosta Town. Such a shame that there isn't much to do/see regarding the town though outside of Giant Chasm being to the northeast of it...

Izayoi

Banned
CoffeeJanitor said:

Archeops
Krookodile
Mienshao
Scrafty
Volcarona
Haxorus

Go forth and liquidate.

My first time through I use Revives and Full Restores, but not in battle.

Okay I cheated at the end, but who can blame me? Fuck Hydreigon.

D-Pad said:
It depends, ya know, whether or not you want to stay sane.

I think each member only has two restores, until the last battles, then it's four.
Son of a bitch.

This has shades of Champion "11 Dragonites" Lance.

EDIT: Scrafty is weird but dominant.

Articalys

Well, if anything, this thread makes me feel like a brute the way I inefficiently slog through the single player game.

Anyone have a Vullaby/Mandibuzz they're willing to trade? I can give up any of the White exclusives or a starter in return.

D-Pad

JVIDICAN said:
Isn't Breloom great? <3. lol. Sub/ poison orb is pretty damn nice. ;P

I was about to ask you after the first match what the point of the toxic orb was, now I know. Damn! XD I wish I were that clever. Gotta teach my team some new moves though. :p I'm starting to see too many holes.

And Staraptor FUUUUUUUUUUUU~

JVIDICAN

D-Pad said:
I was about to ask you after the first match what the point of the toxic orb was, now I know. Damn! XD I wish I were that clever. Gotta teach my team some new moves though. :p I'm starting to see too many holes.

And Staraptor FUUUUUUUUUUUU~
Lol The staraptors my glass cannon/scouter. It's not going to last long, but while it is up it's going to wreck shit.

Wiseblade

JVIDICAN said:
Lol The staraptors my glass cannon/scouter. It's not going to last long, but while it is up it's going to wreck shit.
His DW ability allows hit to really wreck face. Reckless boosts the power of recoil moves (Brave Bird, Double-Edge) by 30% making him that much scarier.

I keep getting thrashed online. It's always one-hit kills from Close Combat, Draco Meteor and Earthquake. Usually from stuff like Latias/Latios, or a strong fighting type. They're fast too.

Does this mean I have to do that IV training stuff? :(

Izayoi

Banned
Android18a said:
I keep getting thrashed online. It's always one-hit kills from Close Combat, Draco Meteor and Earthquake. Usually from stuff like Latias/Latios, or a strong fighting type. They're fast too.

Does this mean I have to do that IV training stuff? :(
No, it just means you need more Levitate.

Really, it means stop playing randoms and start playing people on GAF.

Disguises

Just received my copy today! Other than Red/Blue, it will be the first Pokemon game that I'm going into blind. :D. Should be a fun experience!

zoukka

MatthewB92 said:
How the hell can a seedot and a houndoom mate.....

ijqkoS.png

upandaway

Finished the league. Team (unchanged from last post):

500.png
579.png
526.png
553.png
627.png

Sadaharu, Cell, Giga, Quake and Simba. I just went with 5 (and
I knew what was gonna happen anyway
) It was more of a 4 Pokemon team though because Rufflet was still hanging on to his precious Exp. Share.
Funny thing about the
Zekrom fight:
Quake's Dragon Claw did a crit, and in one shot lowered Zekrom's health to basically 1 hp. I couldn't see a pixel of health. It was fabulous.

Levels before: all 46.
Levels after: 48, 47, 46, 51 and 48 in order of sprites.

Now this is where it gets good: I never really played past this point on the Japanese version due to real life. So it's all brand new starting- OH MY GOD NO ONE TOLD ME YOU CAN GET FEEBAS THIS EASILY HE WAS THE FIRST POKEMON I FISHED

I.. I have a Feebas. I have a Feebas.
This is goddamn crazy. I have a Feebas.

vall03

upandaway said:
I.. I have a Feebas. I have a Feebas.
This is goddamn crazy. I have a Feebas.

man, I remember the good old days when you have to fish each and every tile of water in RSE and DP, shit was crazy just to get one appear!

CoffeeJanitor said:

You can actually plan around this. I always use a stat-up move if their opposing Pokemon is in the red because I know they will waste a turn to heal it. If I can get a Nasty Plot/Swords Dance/Shell Smash off I pretty much sweep their entire team afterwards.

Busaiku

And they only use one Full Restore each, so it's not really a problem at all.
The only issues are when I forget whether or not they used the Full Restore, and just go for something like Quick Attack.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
farnham said:
how can you make white forest bloom again

it has turned into a barren place

If Serebii is to be believed, the Forest runs on a points system. You have to visit every day (+3 points), and talk to everyone (+10 points). As a day passes it always counts as -5 points. However, you won't encounter new Pokemon in your game unless you use the local wifi only feature, Entralink to visit other Black Cities/White Forest.

It seems to be the thing most frustrating for people. If you need a specific Pokemon, I could give you a hand and trade, as I have most of the Forest Pokemon from HGSS.

drtomoe123 said:
60th Axew and no Adamant/Jolly. fml. :(

I have a Jolly ditto, and it seems Cubone and Axew are in the same egg group. I can breed you a Jolly Cubone if you want and you can give it an everstone and breed it with one of your female Axews.

jman2050

Anyone have a Ditto with at least a perfect defense IV? I already have ones with perfect IVs in the other stats sans HP (which I'm not overly concerned about).

Min/max breeding does really become significantly less irritating when you have proper dittos and power items.

jman2050 said:
Anyone have a Ditto with at least a perfect defense IV? I already have ones with perfect IVs in the other stats sans HP (which I'm not overly concerned about).

Min/max breeding does really become significantly less irritating when you have proper dittos and power items.

Yes I have a ditto with 31 in Defense. Sadly every other IV it has is not worth writing home about.

Erekiddo

farnham said:
how can you make white forest bloom again

it has turned into a barren place

I have the same problem.

I didn't do any clock changing, and I just arrived having finished the E4 a few days ago. Barren. No water, no grass, no people.

>:\

jman2050

Obsessed said:
Yes I have a ditto with 31 in Defense. Sadly every other IV it has is not worth writing home about.

I can deal with that, I don't mind being at the mercy of the RNG god as long as I'm able to get the important stats in my favor :p

jman2050 said:
I can deal with that, I don't mind being at the mercy of the RNG god as long as I'm able to get the important stats in my favor :p

Do you just want to borrow it, or do you want it for keeps? Actually what are you trying to breed? I could maybe trade you a compatible Pokemon.

jman2050

Obsessed said:
Do you just want to borrow it, or do you want it for keeps? Actually what are you trying to breed? I could maybe trade you a compatible Pokemon.

That would be a better idea actually.

Trying to breed up a CM Reuniclus.

I need a little help here, guys. I had some trouble that I resolved rather easily with Heracross yesterday and I proceeded to breed Eevee for an Umbreon candidate. I decided that I may as well take advantage of the situation and I bred two perfect Eevee candidates for a Jolteon and an Espeon. I knew I'd be in a little trouble with Vaporeon since I only hatched a few and only three of them were relatively superior or outstanding.

I'm not IV breeding anymore damned pokemon for a while after all that so I just need some input here. I'm in a bind since I can't decide if special defense should take priority over defense with this pokemon. Which one would make for a decent Vaporeon? I'm leaning towards Modest1 since I feel that Sp. Attack should be the priority...

Eevee Modest1 Dragon
Eevee - #133 (Modest) : 31 / 18 / 15 / 31 / 29 / 31

Eevee Modest2 Grass
Eevee - #133 (Modest) : 22 / 31 / 30 / 22 / 23 / 31

Eevee Modest 3 Ghost
Eevee - #133 (Modest) : 25 / 22 / 31 / 31 / 12 / 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom