• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
jman2050 said:
Female.

Anything in particular you'd like in return?

Do you have a Braviary, or a Caterpie? If you don't I'll take any White exclusives, or pre-Unova Pokemon. And if you don't have those I'll take junk.

I'll breed you up one and get back to you later today. I need to take care of some school work in the meantime.

Harpuia

Heya guys, just dropping in begging asking for a dark pulse deino and to see Thunderus. For thunderus, I can trade and trade back deoxys, jirachi, groudon, rayquaza, manaphy, or jirachi.

Harpuia said:
Heya guys, just dropping in begging asking for a dark pulse deino and to see Thunderus. For thunderus, I can trade and trade back deoxys, jirachi, groudon, rayquaza, manaphy, or jirachi.
I have a crap load of deinos with dark pulse all modest.
FC=0218-0116-0010

Harpuia

MatthewB92 said:
I have a crap load of deinos with dark pulse all modest.
FC=0218-0116-0010

Oh man, thanks! I have..a..treecko you can have. Also, by any chance, do you have a thunderus? I really need to see it so I can get one off the GTS. :(

FC: 0346 8549 3661

Ive had this game for WEEKS now. Cant wait to try it out on my new 3DS tmr! :)

Its kinda nice, this is the 1st pokemon game since the GBC era that I dont know most if not all the 'mons.

Ive seen maybe of a quarter of them, but I've been doing my best not to go out and actively search them.

TheOGB

Banned
Well, after I FINALLY decide to visit Black City (still haven't gone since beating E40), I'll finally take the plunge. I'm gonna start EV/IV trainin' shit.

So to start out, what's the best nature for a Scraggy/Scrafty?

OMG Aero said:
If you need three life orbs to win against other players then you need to rebuild your team.
Using multiples of the same item is a cheap as hell way to play in multiplayer.

No I don't. What I need to do is stick to playing without Item Clause against players who agree to that, thank you very much.

There's nothing cheap to it if both parties agree. I don't even care about "cheap": things are either allowed or they're not. You won't see me trying to use my team in a tournament or against an opponent who requires Item Clause. However, that just means that I won't be playing them at all, at least for the time being. I'll only build a separate team taking Item Clause into account if I feel like it, as it's really low priority for me.

Azure J

OK Poke-GAF, what is the best way to farm up some Heart Scales? I'm pretty much ready to work on my Riolu caught in Challenger's Cave (which is so Unknown Dungeon like it's nostalgic, lol) after checking out Lucario's move pool and finally understanding the hype. Only problem is, well, as it stands now, it's not getting happy fast enough to capitalize on the move set it gets as a Lucario. Halp?

AzureJericho said:
OK Poke-GAF, what is the best way to farm up some Heart Scales? I'm pretty much ready to work on my Riolu caught in Challenger's Cave (which is so Unknown Dungeon like it's nostalgic, lol) after checking out Lucario's move pool and finally understanding the hype. Only problem is, well, as it stands now, it's not getting happy fast enough to capitalize on the move set it gets as a Lucario. Halp?
Get a pokemon with thief farm luvdisc.

Wiseblade

AzureJericho said:
Buy them from Black City.

Black > White

Oli

Walked over to Best Buy to pick up Pokemon White, and all they had was Black. It was on sale for 29.99 though to my surprise so I grabbed a copy. Walked up to the checkout, rang up as 34.99. Told them it was on sale on the shelf. Noticed they had some copies of White behind the counter so I asked to switch it out. They wouldn't give me the sale price and I didn't feel like arguing, so whatever. Payed what I expected to. Will play a bit later.

Also got to try the 3DS for the first time. Pretty nifty.

Okay, so I just beat Drayden and one of the gate attendants informed me of
a freak storm on Route 7, so I'm assuming the roaming legendary's there.
I'm there right now, looking in the tall grass--anything I need to do in particular?

EDIT: nvm, wasn't going
far up
enough, :lol

OMG Aero

Holy Order Sol said:
No I don't. What I need to do is stick to playing without Item Clause against players who agree to that, thank you very much.

There's nothing cheap to it if both parties agree. I don't even care about "cheap": things are either allowed or they're not. You won't see me trying to use my team in a tournament or against an opponent who requires Item Clause. However, that just means that I won't be playing them at all, at least for the time being. I'll only build a separate team taking Item Clause into account if I feel like it, as it's really low priority for me.
So what is your policy on multiples of the same Pokemon?
Like if my team consisted of 6 Arceus, or 3 Garchomp and 3 Hydreigon.

Andrefpvs

Zee-V70 said:
I'm there right now, looking in the tall grass--anything I need to do in particular?

Keep going until you reach a house on Route 7.

Zee-V70 said:
Go towards Twist mountain and you should get an event.

Man, you guys are quick. Also, DELICIOUS SOUP, OM NOM NOM

EDIT: So, what now? I just checked for an area in the PokeDex and it wasn't showing up--does it not actually become catchable until post-E4, or what?

Wiseblade

Zee-V70 said:
Man, you guys are quick. Also, DELICIOUS SOUP, OM NOM NOM

EDIT: So, what now? I just checked for an area in the PokeDex and it wasn't showing up--does it not actually become catchable until post-E4, or what?
You have to check the bulletin boards in the inter-town gates for news of heavy storms. You'll find it there.

Andrefpvs

I swear, if the next Pokémon game doesn't let us search the GTS by Pokémon other people want... :|

Would make trading on the GTS so much easier.

OMG Aero said:
So what is your policy on multiples of the same Pokemon?
Like if my team consisted of 6 Arceus, or 3 Garchomp and 3 Hydreigon.

The same. I wouldn't be interested in playing that, but in the same way that I'm not interested in playing in the Ubers metagame. The only difference here is that you'd have trouble actually finding people who would be interested. Whereas in the case of Item Clause, you have plenty of people who'll play with it in effect and plenty of people who'll play without it. Some people are fine either way, whether they have two teams or one that only requires a few adjustments. So ultimately it's really a given tourney's rules/the agreement between you and your opponent that matters.

Harpuia

Guys, me and MatthewB92 are in need of assistance. We need some one to trade matts Deino to, so I can then trade person 3 the treecko, which you then must give to matt. :(

Can a Lucky Egg boost apply to a Pokemon with an Experience Share? Like, for example:

Equip lead with Lucky Egg.
Equip secondary with Exp. Share.
KO random Pokemon
will it end up like this:
Lead gained x*2 Experience Points!
Secondary gained x*2 Experience Points!

or this:
Secondary gained x Experience Points!

Harpuia

Zee-V70 said:
Can a Lucky Egg boost apply to a Pokemon with an Experience Share? Like, for example:

Equip lead with Lucky Egg.
Equip secondary with Exp. Share.
KO random Pokemon
will it end up like this:
Secondary gained x*2 Experience Points!

or this:
Secondary gained x Experience Points!

I think its basically like giving the pokemon trade bonus exp status...so I don't think so..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom