• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
No problem. Thanks for the Scyther. It's a personal favourite. :p

JVIDICAN, I'm going to hang around the Wi Fi room for a while. No rush. Come in whenever you're ready.
alright, give me a few minutes! :)
I'll try to get you a Spiritomb sometime tonight.

Roto13

JVIDICAN said:
alright, give me a few minutes! :)
I'll try to get you a Spiritomb sometime tonight.
Well, don't go to too much trouble. I have one in my HeartGold game, I just can't be assed to transfer it. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If anyone is interested, here is how the older threads break down:

3Q8Lw.png

shahkur

Man, caught Kyurem today, with an ordinary DUSK BALL, felt so good. Why has it become so damn easy to catch legendaries all of a sudden? From what I remember, it was nearly impossible to catch Rayquaza back in Ruby. Not like I'm complaining, it's just that it defeats the whole LEGENDARY idea and the challenge in actually capturing them.

Norua

Banned
OMG Aero said:
If you need three life orbs to win against other players then you need to rebuild your team.
Using multiples of the same item is a cheap as hell way to play in multiplayer.

BEA ARTHUR!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well now, this is interesting. Spreadsheets in Google Docs have a "list view." Here's ours. It seems to be much lighter-weight and easier to Ctrl+F. Anyone think I should make this the default? (For the OP.)

shahkur said:
Man, caught Kyurem today, with an ordinary DUSK BALL, felt so good. Why has it become so damn easy to catch legendaries all of a sudden? From what I remember, it was nearly impossible to catch Rayquaza back in Ruby. Not like I'm complaining, it's just that it defeats the whole LEGENDARY idea and the challenge in actually capturing them.

First, the dusk ball is the best you can do in that situation with the exception of the master ball. Second, you may just be extremely lucky. Kyurem is just as hard to catch as Rayquaza. Only Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram and Zekrom got the benefit of a massively increased catch rate. (Even then, I had a critical capture fail on Reshiram.)

TheOGB

Banned
HiddenWings said:
First, the dusk ball is the best you can do in that situation with the exception of the master ball. Second, you may just be extremely lucky. Kyurem is just as hard to catch as Rayquaza. Only Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram and Zekrom got the benefit of a massively increased catch rate. (Even then, I had a critical capture fail on Reshiram.)
What.

Izayoi

Banned
TheOGB said:
What the fuck

what's the point in even having them if they can fail too idontevenwseyhsdrtydawgtkgyhghydxet
It just gives a large boost to capture rate, does not guarantee a capture, especially when used on low capture rate Pokemon (like Legendaries).

Andrex said:
Well now, this is interesting. Spreadsheets in Google Docs have a "list view." Here's ours. It seems to be much lighter-weight and easier to Ctrl+F. Anyone think I should make this the default? (For the OP.)
Yes, it's easier to read, and moves faster too (at least on my machine).

In my game, I expected to breed one of my Pokes for hours to get an inherited 31 Attack, Speed, and an inherited nature, as well as the right abiity.

I got all of them on the first egg, with one of the other random stats (Defense) being 31 as well :D

But, the HP ended up being 1. Oh well.
Harpuia said:
Guys, if I switch out my lead pokemon, will their received EVs also be multiplied by pokerus and macho brace?
Yes.

upandaway

"Hey what the hell is this.. this route to White Forest is just full of level 24 trai-WHY IS THIS GIRL FIGHTING ME WITH 3 LEVEL 65 POKEMON"

And thus I have been deaded like I have never before.

Harpuia said:
Guys, if I switch out my lead pokemon, will their received EVs also be multiplied by pokerus and macho brace?
Yes, they will.

Fake edit: Only if the lead Pokemon is the one with Pokerus and/or Macho Brace. I may have misunderstood.

ColtraineGF said:
Alright, I think I have an okay request:

Can someone breed me a Pokémon in the Bug egg group (doesn't matter which one), who has a 31 IV in Speed? I'm sure this is more manageable this time.

I think I have a Venipede like that in a box, just let me check.

EDIT: several actually. Do you need a male or a female?

Alright, I'll trade with both of you, so more IDs for me :p

3739 8842 7058
Holy Order Sol said:
I think I have a Venipede like that in a box, just let me check.

EDIT: several actually. Do you need a male or a female?
Doesn't matter which.

Vhalyar

Just finished transfering a massive batch of pokemons from SoulSilver to Black, what a drag. At least I've perfected the transfer minigame.

I still need plenty of pokemon, so let's trade!
To start with I'm looking for:
- Kecleon
- Spiritomb
- Glameow
- Stunky
- Snubbul

In return, I can get you any other starter and pretty much everything marked in green in this list (with very few exceptions :p).

Chozo

OMG Aero said:
Wait.
Ekans, a snake Pokemon, can learn Sucker Punch?

1. Sayeth Wikipedia: "A sucker punch is a blow made without warning, allowing no time for preparation or defense on the part of the recipient. It is usually delivered from close range or from behind." So, doesn't necessarily need to be a punch.

2. The Japanese name for the attack is something like "Sneak Attack"

themoreyouknow.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ColtraineGF said:
Yes, it's easier to read, and moves faster too (at least on my machine).

Consider it done, then.

Anybody using "Find me in the Google Doc, I'm number XXXX" will have to update their saying. You've been moved up by one. So, I was #37, but I was really only #36 (the first row was the headers.)

N4Us

Finally finished the game today. The team I used:

Reshiram lvl 50
Emboar lvl 63
Zebstrika lvl 61
Cofagrigus lvl 52
Gurdurr lvl 59
Stoutland lvl 61

Wasn't too much trouble to fight with, although
Ghestis' Seismotoad
gave me a bit of a fight since I didn't have much to counter him with.

shahkur said:
Man, caught Kyurem today, with an ordinary DUSK BALL, felt so good.

Reshiram escaped immediately out of my Ultra Ball, but didn't struggle out of my Nest Ball. Felt like the smuggest motherfucker when that happened.

So I'm almost done with my team and want to test it but I want to battle someone here who isn't going to be in the tournament and they need to promise me they wouldn't say a word about my team. Don't tell anyone a single pokemon or anything I did to you. This is not a joke!

:p but really no talking about my team to anyone that posts on gaf or knows what gaf is.

Ultratech

upandaway said:
"Hey what the hell is this.. this route to White Forest is just full of level 24 trai-WHY IS THIS GIRL FIGHTING ME WITH 3 LEVEL 65 POKEMON"

And thus I have been deaded like I have never before.

I had something similar happen to me but on Route 11. I was kinda thinking, "This shouldn't be too rough... BOOM! Trainers with 60+ Pokes! AAHHHH!"

Had some high-level stuff with me, so I didn't die, but I was still freaked out a little.

Roto13

If you can take the Elite Four, you should be able to take a single trainer with shitty high level Pokemon. Kick their ass, level up a lot from one battle, go back to the Pokemon center, later, rinse, repeat.
TheOGB said:
It happens. I've had Critical Capture fail a few times. Not even on legendaries.

JVIDICAN said:
Put a boxing glove over its head and you have a winner! :p

Your spiritombs ready roto!
Neat. Are you still around?

Butane123

Can't decide if I just want to go ahead and train one, or keep trying.

Tynamo, both modest.

8/1/14/31/28/16
20/1/22/31/28/4

I'm leaning towards the 2nd one due to the fact its speed is going to be horrible anyway.

Izayoi

Banned
Those little faces are the best new thing about the wi-fi club.

Arren said:
Ready, I'm entering right now. :)

EDIT: Thanks a lot for the quick and generous trade! This will certainly speed up all the process.
Hey, not a problem. Glad to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom