• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

XxCGSxX said:
I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to get the ground shaking trick to work and it doesn't. What am I dong wrong? I am trying it in route 2 btw.

What ground shaking trick?

Gravijah

Walking back and forth to get a shaking grass/ground tile/etc to pop up. Make sure you're walking back and forth quickly, whenever I run long distances it doesn't seem to work. About 5 steps or so.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What is with this guy giving me Fresh Water at every Gym. Is he some advertiser for the local water bottling company?

Subxero

I almost picked up a copy of this today. However I was kind of intimidated since I have never played any of the others. My brother has most of the previous ones, except for the DS titles, and he seems to really enjoy them.

So would I be better off starting with one of the older ones? Also is there really a big difference between the two versions?

Thanks for humoring me.

JackEtc

Yay, turns out my DSi will be here tomorrow instead of Tuesday :D
sxRSY.jpg

Emitan

Subxero said:
I almost picked up a copy of this today. However I was kind of intimidated since I have never played any of the others. My brother has most of the previous ones, except for the DS titles, and he seems to really enjoy them.

So would I be better off starting with one of the older ones? Also is there really a big difference between the two versions?

Thanks for humoring me.
I haven't played this one yet, but get this one. Pokemon is 100 million times more fun when you know other people playing it and this game is the new hotness.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
There are so many cool Pokemon I really don't know what to use. Argh.

Yeah same. It's really tough picking which four to keep. Well three, since I have to keep my starter.

Choices, choices.

As an aside, I am really loving the speed increase you get when you turn off battle animations.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I went through two attacks, and being put to sleep, all in 1 1/2 seconds. This alone gives me great hope for future grinding.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Roggenrola vs Timburr. Argh. :(

I'd choose Roggen if only because you need to trade to evolve Timburr to its final form. Hah they both do, look at that.

Plus Roggen's final form looks a lot cooler.

Forkball said:
I tried to do a random wifi battle and I just get a message that says "Communication error..." What's the deal with this?
If it's error number 13212, then it has to do with Global Link, which won't be up till Mar. 30.

Izayoi

Banned
Subxero said:

Thanks for humoring me.
Black and White are easily the best entries in the series, bar none.

Start with Black and White, and stay onboard for future releases.

Teknoman

ColtraineGF said:
Oh right, about this program playing on certain TVs:

Is this implying that you're actually 11? Or is it that you didn't set out at 10, and you just started at some age past that?

Other question: Is the PC box easier to use for button-only people? I think that Sixfortyfive was disapponted in HGSS for that reason.

I see what you mean now about that TV show. The main three characters are still teenagers/young adults, but the fact that you get your own cartoon show after beating the first gym is strange :p

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Izayoi said:
Black and White are easily the best entries in the series, bar none.

Start with Black and White, and stay onboard for future releases.

I've played a couple of the older ones. Just curious, what makes this one the best?

Also, Snivy is bad? But....... that's who I picked :(

Izayoi

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
I've played a couple of the older ones. Just curious, what makes this one the best?
Gameplay wise there are tons of small improvements that make it play much better than any of the previous titles.

Battles are far smoother and more fluid than they have ever been before. Little changes like damage being applied during the animations and weather/status effects/abilities/whatever no longer taking up seconds each between turns makes a HUGE impact. Not to mention that the battles themselves look absolutely fantastic.

Level progression is much more steady than previous titles. The game flows much better. There's actually a story now, which is pretty neat. Real version differences, not just exclusive Pokemon.

I could go on forever, but really they're the best-looking, best-playing titles in the series to date. In my opinion, it's tied for the best region with Sinnoh, and has the best Pokemon designs right behind Generation III. I love pretty much everything about it.

Teknoman

Izayoi said:
Gameplay wise there are tons of small improvements that make it play much better than any of the previous.

Battles are far smoother and more fluid than they have ever been before. Little changes like damage being applied during the animations and weather/status effects/abilities/whatever no longer taking up seconds each between turns makes a HUGE impact. Not to mention that the battles themselves look absolutely fantastic.

Level progression is much more steady than previous titles. The game flows much better. There's actually a story now, which is pretty neat. Real version differences, not just exclusive Pokemon.

I could go on forever, but really they're the best-looking, best-playing titles in the series to date. In my opinion, it's tied for the best region with Sinnoh, and has the best Pokemon designs right behind Generation III. I love pretty much everything about it.

Agreed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Anyone else want to try a quick battle/trade? I am curious if it is me or Salsa (Or the network) that was having the problems.

Teknoman

Is there any way to figure out what pokemon need to be traded to evolve without resorting to a guide? It seems like the npcs in B/W are alot more helpful than those in past games, so i'm guessing someone will mention it sooner or later.

EDIT: Btw Andrex, can you add a note for people to PM those they add to their friend list?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the NPCs even in Red and Blue gave clues at some point about the few pokemon who did it in that game.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OK yeah, wow, I'm keeping Roggenrola. Saved my ass in the second gym after all five of my other Pokemon fainted, and it did it while being 6 levels under my opponent! Awesome Pokemon, can't wait til it evolves.

Edit- Holy crap it gained three levels from that? In the old games I would have been lucky if it went up one level!

Poyunch

Just like that I put Audino in the Box, haha. I don't know what to do with that sixth slot. I'm using Timburr but I don't have Internet access at the dorms. :/

mjc

I'm only about an hour in...but did early levels really move this quickly before? You can get a lvl 2 up to lvl 10 in three battles. It's kinda awesome.

Kuugrr

Jinko said:
I got 6 Oshawott eggs for anyone who didn't start off with one.

If you've still got an extra one, I'll take one. My FC is: 0905 2075 1638, and I'm online right now if you are.

Edit: Just registered your code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom