• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
I really, really, really like how now I don't have to worry about overwriting a TM move because if I decide to change my mind I can just relearn it whenever I want.

So awesome.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
I really, really, really like how now I don't have to worry about overwriting a TM move because if I decide to change my mind I can just relearn it whenever I want.

So awesome.

It's like an officially supported and endorsed Action Replay cheat code! :__D

not sure yet where my team is going so i've been trying to level them all up somewhat evenly

Oshawott lv 14
Pansear lv 13
Lillipup lv 11
Patrat lv 10
Purrloin lv 8

I'll probably drop the last two and catch Munna. scaled exp means these guys level up pretty fast (awesome) but grinding a full team of 6, especially this early is a bitch. guess i can't play the way i usually do.

Gravijah

Aaron Strife said:
not sure yet where my team is going so i've been trying to level them all up somewhat evenly

Oshawott lv 14
Pansear lv 13
Lillipup lv 11
Patrat lv 10
Purrloin lv 8

I'll probably drop the last two and catch Munna. these guys level up pretty fast but grinding is a bitch.

Heheh, somewhat evenly? All of mine are the same level. :(

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Izayoi said:

So awesome.
That's definitely my favorite change about this game. The unnerving stress of having to manage and distribute them with absolute care is finally over.

It also means that people I trade with can teach my 'mons some good moves before they give them to me. :D

Gravijah said:
Heheh, somewhat evenly? All of mine are the same level. :(
my starter is always special, i usually keep it 2-3 levels higher than the rest of the pack.

pansear is higher up because i wanted to use it against cilan.

jaundicejuice said:
At what point is trading enabled? I just got the game this evening and am at the first gym.

After the first gym you need to finish an event to the east and then talk to the scientist, at which point you're ready to go. So not very far from that point.

Pyrokai

I had a tough time deciding between Timburr and Throh. I went with Throh, though, because Timburr seemed to be everywhere. I'm also using Roggarolla :eek:

Fun, fun game so far!

Crazymoogle said:
After the first gym you need to finish an event to the east and then talk to the scientist, at which point you're ready to go. So not very far from that point.

Oh, that Fennel person that Juniper mentioned, okay.

Patrat was a rock for me early on when Purrloin has absolutely no offensive power. The only problem is that the pokemon I run into (quite often Patrat) level up as fast or faster than mine, so I don't really see much point in training my own.

My current lineup:

1. Snivy (Lv.17) My workhorse. Even if some pokemon can wreck him early on.
2. Blitzle (Lv.12) Wow. Electric once again is an early game force!
3. Munna (Lv.9) Yawn is perfect for filling out the Pokedex.
4. Panpour (Lv.12) Uh..well...a water move is nice. Kinda useless otherwise.
5. Purrloin (Lv.6) Just a HM slave thus far.
6. Patrat (Lv.12) Good overall damage normal type.

jaundicejuice said:
Oh, that Fennel person that Juniper mentioned, okay.

Yeah, Fennel will ask you for something after the 1st gym. Once you get it for her trade is ready to go (and you get hammered with all of the useful/useless c-gear functions)

D-Pad

Oh, wow... So I'm standing in the house on Rt 4, and I put the game down to look something up on the internet. Back to the game, Kokorok's standing right behind me, and I instinctively turn around to see how it feels about me.

Damn you, Game Freak!

Gravijah

D-Pad said:
Oh, wow... So I'm standing in the house on Rt 4, and I put the game down to look something up on the internet. Back to the game, Kokorok's standing right behind me, and I instinctively turn around to see how it feels about me.

Damn you, Game Freak!

don't worry grey version will bring that feature back

Zzoram

Not getting White until Friday is making me feel so left out. I'm already 30 pages of OT2 behind after just a day :(

D-Pad said:

Damn you, Game Freak!

What is the significance of this? I don't understand.

Forkball

Jinko said:
Is it just me or are these WiFi rooms shit :p
Yeah when I talk to you, it more or less freezes and then gives me error 84030. Same thing happens when I try to initiate a trade. Ugh, I hope this isn't a permanent problem. I use to use the Nintendo USB Wifi adapter but now that I have Windows 7 and lost the install disc I'm using my router.

Zzoram

Izayoi said:

So awesome.

Can you overwrite HM moves easily now or do you need a move deleter? Since HMs are re-useable, I don't see why they shouldn't just let us overwrite HM moves on a whim.

D-Pad

Zzoram said:
What is the significance of this? I don't understand.

Game Freak toying with our hearts by letting the Pokemon in your first slot follow behind you in HeartGold and SoulSilver, and then snatching the feature away. You could turn around and talk to it to see how it was doing. It was great scrolling through town with your 7' Feraligatr looming over you throwing death glares at every npc you passed.

Salsa

My team so far:

Blitzle lvl 20
522.png

Herdier lvl 21
507.png

Servine lvl 22
496.png

Liepard lvl 21
510.png

Whirlipede lvl 22
544.png

Timburr lvl 22
532.png

i NEED to get a Sandile in there just because he's cool. But in reality i just need a fire-type. Thinking of letting Liepard go. He's kinda boring.

Also im asbolutely loving Whirlipede.

Apenheul

So now I've played the first hour 6 times so I have all three starters in both black and white. Finally I can go on. Hopefully I can trade the other evolutions later on. Gotta catch them sal.

Max

I am not Max
first gym beat my ass. i haven't played a pkmn game since silver. tell me how to level

purrolin lv.4
oshawott lv.13
patrat lv.4
lillipup lv.9
pansear lv.11

and who should i use cut on

Teknoman

Glad they adjusted how much exp a low level gets for beating a higher level. Too many Pokemon I want to train keep showing up...and since I like my current team, i'll have to put em aside for later training.

Delio

Gravijah said:
Man, why do the Pan trio suck so much? Thinking of dropping mine. Maybe I'll bring out Timburr.

I honestly see them as early game uses then tossed in a box. When i used the fire one in my japanese run it was just holding the party down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom