• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Yeah sorry, I'm wrong. My Tepig's nature is Impish, and I could have sworn the Special Attack stat was red. Maybe I'm going color blind.

Red = hot
Blue = cold

Max said:
first gym beat my ass. i haven't played a pkmn game since silver. tell me how to level

Just put whomever you want to level in the front (top left) and start running through the tall grass. If your pokemon is too weak to win, just swap them out for your strongest one. Both pokemon will earn 1/2 of the experience. Rinse and repeat. Once your pokemon reaches a reasonable level they will start learning better moves and they will eventually become self sufficient.

I'd put cut on your weakest; either Patrat or Purrloin. That way you can throw him away later without worrying about it.

Gravijah

Zzoram said:
Why use red up/blue down when they should be using green up/red down so there is no confusion?

Who knows!

Delio said:
I honestly see them as early game uses then tossed in a box. When i used the fire one in my japanese run it was just holding the party down.

Yeah, my fire one keeps getting OHKOd... Goodbye, you stupid little thing.

So today was PokeDay. After about ten hours of play (about an hour or two of that was me sitting the DS down and accidentally leaving it running while I was doing other stuff) I'm currently trying to catch Victini...the little fucker is adorable and probably my favorite legendary ever, but he just won't go in no matter what I do. Dammit.

My team is currently:

Lv. 18 Snivy (nicknamed Smugleaf)
Lv. 20 Throh (Throh X)
Lv. 20 Roggenrolla (Cortex)
Lv. 18 Herdier (Pup Pup)
Lv. 17 Panpour (Drizzle)
Lv. 17 Munna (Steve)

Will probably drop Panpour in favor of Victini if I ever manage to catch the dumb little squirt. I'm against using legendaries in regular teams but he's just so cute. I can't help myself.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If you had told me the Dousing Machine in BW was even better than the one in HGSS, I wouldn't have believed you.

But wow. They made it even better.

Also I personally find it awesome that saving finally has a loading bar. XD

Teknoman said:
EDIT: Btw Andrex, can you add a note for people to PM those they add to their friend list?

Isn't that implied?

Teknoman

Andrex said:
If you had told me the Dousing Machine in BW was even better than the one in HGSS, I wouldn't have believed you.

But wow. They made it even better.

Also I personally find it awesome that saving finally has a loading bar. XD

Isn't that implied?

Got a point there :p

Kurtofan

Delio said:
I honestly see them as early game uses then tossed in a box. When i used the fire one in my japanese run it was just holding the party down.
Yep I replaced my water monkey for a tadpole that evolves in a giant frog covered with warts and never looked back!

D-Pad

My water monkey has been killing it! And the woobat family had definately made its way onto my favorite Pokemon list!

Mightyena, Zubat, Crobat, Woobat, and Raikou! Congrats you speedy little bastard! :D

I mistakingly let my woobat evolve. Fuck me this thing is hideous.

Gravijah

Holy shit, a Throh. Throh vs Timburr.

Argh. :( Who do I choose... Timburr looks cooler but there must be a reason Throh was so rare!

Edit: What the hell, now a Sawk?!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hrm I'm thinking of cutting Blitzle and just focusing on Dewott, Herdier, and Roggenrola... Then Victini when I get to Castelia.

Edit- Hrm he does evolve and did just gain some levels... I'll keep him, but I don't know where that leaves Woobat...

Also Blitzle closes its eyes when it's asleep. XD So much attention to detail.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Hrm I'm thinking of cutting Blitzle and just focusing on Dewott, Herdier, and Roggenrola... Then Victini when I get to Castelia.

Edit- Hrm he does evolve and did just gain some levels... I'll keep him, but I don't know where that leaves Woobat...

Also Blitzle closes its eyes when it's asleep. XD So much attention to detail.
No way! you should keep Blitzle and ditch Herdier.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wiseblade said:
I like Herdier, but I want to get rid of it just because I know everyone will have one.

KJTB

I've logged 9 hours in the game just today.... goddamn >_>

My team:

Pignite- lvl 27
Sandile- lvl 27
Palpitoad- lvl 27
simisage- lvl 27
Tranquill- lvl 24
Patrat- ...lvl 7!

I like to keep my pokemon all about equal if I can help it :X

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:

Well Herdier has been really helpful in doubles... any others on that list learn Helping Hand by leveling up?

zumphry

Banned
I really want a Snivy due to it's awesome smugness at the start, but it's final form looks weird to me. Oshawatt's the opposite, though. Goofy (but adorable), then badass. Plus he/she'd be my first water starter in any game.

Though, I don't know why I'm obsessing over the choice since I know I'm just going to end up with AmerihawkBraviary as my main guy

...with possibly just a team of them, while blasting this, of course.

Gravijah

Is each month tied to a season, or can I move the month forward, and then backwards and end up with a new season? Cause I don't like Autumn much.

hiro4

As someone who has played Pokemon since the Japanese release, bought Red twice (JP and EU), got both Gold/Silver on Japanese release date, put in more then 1000 hours in to the series, but stopped playing after Gold/Silver until Pearl came out but only played that for max 10 hours, is Black/White worth trying again?

It looks pretty damn awesome and the itch is kind of returning and I'm a sucker for special pokemon like Victini.

So what do GAF thinks about Pokemon B/W?
Worth trying or should I avoid it?

Zzoram

hiro4 said:
As someone who has played Pokemon since the Japanese release, bought Red twice (JP and EU), got both Gold/Silver on Japanese release date, put in more then 1000 hours in to the series, but stopped playing after Gold/Silver until Pearl came out but only played that for max 10 hours, is Black/White worth trying again?

It looks pretty damn awesome and the itch is kind of returning and I'm a sucker for special pokemon like Victini.

Obviously play Black/White. Faster battles and more EXP for lower level Pokemon fighting higher level Pokemon removes a lot of the down time and grind making for a better experience.

Wichu

Gravijah said:
Is each month tied to a season, or can I move the month forward, and then backwards and end up with a new season? Cause I don't like Autumn much.
Each month is tied to a season. The seasons have to be in the correct order, right? :p
Dartastic said:
Ah, that might be good. I remember hearing somewhere that it's special attack was high anyway. Yay?
Uh... You don't really want to be weakening its strong points. Not that it matters in-game, but for future reference, it's generally considered better to focus on a Pokémon's strong points.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
hiro4 said:

It's awesome. If you like Pokemon you won't be disappointed.

Zzoram

For Victini, do you have to catch the first one you fight wild in Liberty Garden Island? Or can you be picky about Nature?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Zzoram said:
For Victini, do you have to catch the first one you fight wild in Liberty Garden Island? Or can you be picky about Nature?
According to the leaflet, if you kill it you can make is reappear by re-entering the room.

Kurtofan

Gravijah said:
FWIW, I went with Timburr since I think he has three forms or at the very least, two. Throh seems to be a one stage Pokemon.
Yeah Throh and Sawk are the Hitmons of this game.
Plus Conkeldurr is so cool.

Edit:might as well post my team: 7 badges in:
Serperior
Conkeldurr
Seismitoad
Darmanitan
Zebzstrika
Krookodile

quabba

ok, I've done some breeding that resulted in an Oshawott with Night Slash, so i'm giving a couple away if anyone wants one.

FC is in the list and i'll put it here 3653 9720 7137.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but has it been confirmed whether or not you can re-challenge the trainers in the end-game city of Black? Their was a short debate over it in the other thread, some people said that you would pretty much have to be able to re-challenge them since if you couldn't it would make the area a pretty lame bonus, but then others said that they doubted it since you can't re-challenge trainers anywhere else in the games.

Also, how drastic is the difference between the amount of triple/ rotation battles between the two games.

I pre-ordered White a few days ago from Amazon based on the legendary on the cover and the idea of being able to get some cool captures in the forest in White, but the mechanics behind rotation battles sound far more interesting than triples. If I stick with White will I still get to experience a good number of rotation battles, or should I definitely switch if those sound more interesting?

Zzoram

dr3upmushroom said:
Sorry if this has already been answered, but has it been confirmed whether or not you can re-challenge the trainers in the end-game city of Black? Their was a short debate over it in the other thread, some people said that you would pretty much have to be able to re-challenge them since if you couldn't it would make the area a pretty lame bonus, but then others said that they doubted it since you can't re-challenge trainers anywhere else in the games.

Also, how drastic is the difference between the amount of triple/ rotation battles between the two games.

I pre-ordered White a few days ago from Amazon based on the legendary on the cover and the idea of being able to get some cool captures in the forest in White, but the mechanics behind rotation battles sound far more interesting than triples. If I stick with White will I still get to experience a good number of rotation battles, or should I definitely switch if those sound more interesting?

Supposedly ~5:1 difference, but there aren't many of each type anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom