• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
You can breed Arceus? Sweet! :p
Yeah, that list is horribly outdated. It's missing the following Pokemon.

Happiny
Cresselia
Budew
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Mantyke
Heatran
Munchlax
Riolu
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Dialga
Palkia
Regigigas
Giratina
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect

Hmm, just listened to the theme in game. I was under the impression that it was a new mix, but it seems to be the mix from HGSS. Oh well.
Zoramon089 said:
Does anyone here know if you can trade between D/P and HG/SS?
Yes, same gen.

Andrefpvs

Vhalyar said:
Not quite since in the Gen 1 era Mew was never released outside of Japan, so the bullshittery was already going on back then.

This is not true, I got a Mew for my Red version at a Toys'R'Us about 9/10 years ago. Official Nintendo Event. I even have the flier back at home.

In fact, I feel like I belong to a very exclusive group of people worldwide who got all their 151 original Pokémon completely legitimately. No Mew glitch!

Anyone here can relate, or am I that awesome?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrefpvs said:
This is not true, I got a Mew for my Red version at a Toys'R'Us about 9/10 years ago. Official Nintendo Event. I even have the flier back at home.

In fact, I feel like I belong to a very exclusive group of people worldwide who got all their 151 original Pokémon completely legitimately. No Mew glitch!

I completed the National Pokedex in SoulSilver legitimately... or at least, if the people I traded with gave me legit Pokemon.

Vhalyar

Zoramon089 said:
Does anyone here know if you can trade between D/P and HG/SS?
Let's try again!
I'll be chilling in the wifi room while I eat.

e
Andrefpvs said:

I got the original 150 legitimately, but I don't think we ever got a shot at Mew in Canada. I guess it was different in America then.

Vhalyar said:
Let's try again!
I'll be chilling in the wifi room while I eat.

e

I got the original 150 legitimately, but I don't think we ever got a shot at Mew in Canada. I guess it was different in North America then.

Alright, gimme a couple minutes to head over!

Hmm, I'm in the room and don't see you...

vall03

Andrex said:
I completed the National Pokedex in SoulSilver legitimately... or at least, if the people I traded with gave me legit Pokemon.
man, now Im having doubts on my friends Heart Gold copy, he just let me borrow it and said I can get all the Pokemon there which helped me a lot on some unobtainable Pokemon in DPP and HGSS. None of these event Pokemons are available in my country and I dont remember him going overseas. Now Im not sure...

I did use the wifi trick to get Raikou and Celebi though so I can transfer them to my White version

Andrefpvs

Vhalyar said:
I got the original 150 legitimately, but I don't think we ever got a shot at Mew in Canada. I guess it was different in North America then.

I'm in Portugal, though :)

It was the first and last Nintendo event for Pokémon here (for a very long time, now we're getting the same events as the rest of Europe since 2009).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Hilbert? Huh? Who? Never heard of 'em.

BWTrainTracks01.gif

Guy on the left

The hat is a Pokeball if it were split in half at the top.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Ohhh, Black. Where the heck did you get this crazy "Hilbert" nonsense? Jeez, Andrex!

Go to the Battle Subway and ride the doubles line as a girl. :p

This ain't the manga, yo!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheOGB said:
All player characters have a pokeball on their headgear

all of them

No I mean it actually is a Pokeball. The front half is red and the back half is white.

Vhalyar

Andrex said:
It's on the spreadsheet, but it's 1764 2003 2436. I don't see yours in it though...
Spreadsheet? I guess I'm not up to date with the PokeGAF stuff :/

Mine is 5414 9492 7288.

e: I'll be in the lobby.

Schmitty

Today I was wondering why I was having so much fun in this game compared to every other entry in the series, and then it hit me. HMs are barely ever required (except for useful ones like surf and fly)

Busaiku said:
Yeah, but the hats themselves (minus the logo) don't look like Pokeballs.
DoomXploder7 said:
you're totally missing what he is saying . ....
His original post was about all PCs having Poké Ball designs on their hats. Where they are on the design was irrelevant, if I understand what he's trying to say.

Izayoi

Banned
So GAF... favorite (game) protagonists? For me:

Female:

White = Dawn = Leaf = May >> Kris = Lyra

Male:

Red > Black = Gold >> Brendan > Lucas

ColtraineGF said:
His original post was about all PCs having Poké Ball designs on their hats. Where they are on the design was irrelevant, if I understand what he's trying to say.

but thats not what Andrex was trying to say. which is what he was rebutting.

Female
Leaf>Hilda>Crystal>May>Dawn>Lyra

Male:
Red>Gold>Brendan>Hilbert>beret guy

edit = signs are for indecisive losers.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:

Female:

White > Dawn > Leaf >> May >>> Kris > Lyra

Male:

Red > Black > Gold >>> Brendan >> Lucas

Female:

White=Dawn=May>Kris=Leaf=Lyra

Male:

Red>Gold>Black>Brendan=Lucas

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
Aw, you can use equal signs? Fine, fixed.

If you're indecisive like me, yes. Oh screw it, all of the female designs are amazing.

Male on the other hand, are hit and miss. Black is the first one not to look dorky in a while.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:

Female:

White = Dawn = Leaf > May >> Kris = Lyra

Male:

Red = Black = Gold >> Brendan > Lucas

Hilbert > Ethan > Red > Lucas > Brendan

Leaf > Hilda >= Dawn >= May > Kris > Lyra

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hmm...I find this stuff pretty neat...information from Game Freak on the Elite Four from the Nintendo Dream magazine...

Via Shell Spider and from the latest Nintendo Dream comes Ohmura talking about the Elite Four.

The Elite Four

Designed by Mr. Ohmura [Bianca, Cheren, Gym Leaders, Oshawott’s line]
This time, the planner [Note: Not the designer] for the Gym Leader and the one for the Elite Four, Adler, Cheren and Biance was different.
The person who did the Gym Leaders was much more detailed in creating their backgrounds, and the person who did the Elite Four only gave broad orders.
Origianlly, they wanted to make Shauntel and Grimsley the ‘black’ and Caitlin and Marshall the ‘white’ ones, but it did not go as well as hoped [Translator’s Note: Notice that this would divide the Four between Ghost and Dark and Psychic and Fighting. Also, they’re not talking about skin colour].
A remnant of that for Ohmura is that he still sees Grimsley and Shauntel as Dracula and a werewolf.

Grimsley
Imagined him to be the son of a distinguished family who’s since been ruined (I.E. become poor/fallen from grace).
As a result, he is throwing himself into gambling.
His garments are designed to show off his good pedigree.
Also, red and blue are the colours of roulette.
(Ohmura makes a comment that makes us think he know that Grimsley is not wearing socks, so is there a reason for it maybe?)

Shauntel
Ohmura’s favourite character.
A woman hoping to become a novelist.
If you ignore the ribbon, gave her a really simple design.
Because she is a Ghost-type trainer, she was designed to look a little like a black cat.
Because of that, her ribbon faster stands out like a cat’s nose and makes her look somewhat like a cat.

Marshall
The planner’s idea was for him to be a ‘Hardened Street Fighter’
He is an unqelcome pupil of Adler’s, and he calls Adler ‘master’ but he has no idea what Adler is thinking.
He’s not a very flexible type, and he broods a lot.
His original design had him wearing a big hood and cap and looked very strong, but, you couldn’t see his face so he gave up on that design and made him have short hair like a monk.
He is a tiger, in contrast to Adler’s lion and so his design alternated between yellow and black.
Because he’s a street fighter, at first Ohmura didn’t want to give him any particular ‘school’ (like Kendo) to follow, and had him wearing big baggy pants and a down vest (think Marty McFly, BTTF2) like they were a uniform, but he got advice from Sugimori and decided that before he was a street-fighter, he had done Karate.
His dad, who was an assistant karate instructor, said to him something like ‘No matter what the fight, always where your Obi [belt]’ and designed Marshall from that backbone.

Caitlin
A more grown up version of the Caitlin from Platinum and HGSS.
Because it’s is a few years later [since those games’ plots] she may look a little older.
When she was in the Battle Frontier she was supposed to look/be about 14,
and they designed her this time based on the element of the Battle Frontier version, but also gave her a tonne more hair.
He personally wanted someone who used Psychic-types to use their hair for psychic-abilities and so the two ribbons on either side of her hair are held up by psychic-powers and protect the hair-style.
They wanted to give her a slight air of self-importance so they folded her hands behind her back.
Because she’s been using Pokemon since she’s been young, she’s quite strong, but she can’t control her own psychic abilities and may loose the ability to control them.
Because of that chance, she came to the Unova region alone to challenge herself.
However, it is hinted that Darach may be watching over her closer than we think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom