• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vhalyar

Zoramon089 said:
So no one has ekans or rattata?! Grrr
I can breed both of them for you if you want.
My FC is 5414 9492 7288. Anything from that other list in exchange would be nice, if not whatever will do :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Vhalyar said:
Just finished transfering a massive batch of pokemons from SoulSilver to Black, what a drag. At least I've perfected the transfer minigame.

I still need plenty of pokemon, so let's trade!
To start with I'm looking for:
- Torchic line, Treecko line; any of their forms is a-ok.
- Kecleon
- Spiritomb
- Glameow
- Stunky
- Snubbul

In return, I can get you any other starter and pretty much everything marked in green in this list (with very few exceptions :p).

I can get you eggs of all of those (except Spiritomb obviously.) I recently traded my only spare Spiritomb too, but I could see if I can get one of the GTS for you if you can't.

Vhalyar

Andrex said:
I can get you eggs of all of those (except Spiritomb obviously.) I recently traded my only spare Spiritomb too, but I could see if I can get one of the GTS for you if you can't.
That would be awesome. Anything you'd want back in exchange?
e: As a note I don't need Torchic/Treecko anymore.

Arren

I know it has already been discussed at length, but really, one thing this game manages to excel at is the music.

It's brilliant, varied, at times very evocative even in its simplicity, always in that typical Nintendo fashion which I've come to love in all these years. D/P and HG/SS had their slew of excellent compositions too, but some pieces of B/W like Route 10 and Route 12 strike more than a chord with me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Vhalyar said:
That would be awesome. Anything you'd want back in exchange?

Hrm... nah. I mean I guess the only Pokemon I really need now is Reshiram but I was planning on GTSing that.

Your eggs may take an hour or so, though.

Arren said:
I know it has already been discussed at length, but really, one thing this game manages to excel at is the music.

It's brilliant, varied, at times very evocative even in its simplicity, always in that typical Nintendo fashion which I've come to love in all these years. D/P and HG/SS had their slew of excellent compositions too, but some pieces of B/W like Route 10 and Route 12 strike more than a chord with me.

Driftveil City and White Forest are now some of my favorite town tunes of the series.

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
You know that you can breed Spiritomb, right?

Hey guys, noob question here as I've only played pearl and didnt do much past the elite 4. The legendary beasts mentioned in the op, that you need to catch Zorua and such...how/where do you catch them?

Vhalyar said:
I can breed both of them for you if you want.
My FC is 5414 9492 7288. Anything from that other list in exchange would be nice, if not whatever will do :)

My Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0364 4689

Do you happen to have D/P? I've only got 1 DS so I can't transfer my Pearl pokemon over but I've got a Torchic and Kecleon I can give you in those games (for junk trades in B/W) for the eckans and rattata

My Pokemon Pearl FC: 4596 5933 7321

Shiggie

Snapshot King said:
Hey guys, noob question here as I've only played pearl and didnt do much past the elite 4. The legendary beasts mentioned in the op, that you need to catch Zorua and such...how/where do you catch them?
Nintendo wifi events which have already passed.

Vhalyar

Andrex said:
Your eggs may take an hour or so, though.

Cheers. Just PM me whenever you got them.

Zoramon089 said:
My Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0364 4689

Do you happen to have D/P? I've only got 1 DS so I can't transfer my Pearl pokemon over but I've got a Torchic and Kecleon I can give you in those games (for junk trades in B/W) for the eckans and rattata

My Pokemon Pearl FC: 4596 5933 7321

I got SoulSilver; I guess that'd work?
Let's start with the rattata and ekans. I'll be in the wifi room shortly.

Gravijah

Snapshot King said:
Wow. That's awful.

You can clone and breed pokemon now?

Well, cloning isn't exactly legit. But it's the only way to get certain older legendaries. And you've been able to breed since GSC!

Snapshot King said:

They were acquired through an event outside of the game that has ended now.
However, the japanese games have gotten a Wifi event to catch Zoroark, which can then be bred for a Zorua. That doesn't acquire these legendary pokemon.

So you'll be able to get them without the special beasts eventually.

EDIT:
Or just do that and get someone to breed you one.
I was being dense for a second, haha.

Vhalyar said:
Cheers. Just PM me whenever you got them.

I got SoulSilver; I guess that'd work?
Let's start with the rattata and ekans. I'll be in the wifi room shortly.

Cool, so junk trades in B/W for rattata and ekans and I'll give you the other two in D/P. Cool, I'm heading into the wifi room in Black now

Gravijah said:
Well, cloning isn't exactly legit. But it's the only way to get certain older legendaries. And you've been able to breed since GSC!

Weird, how'd I miss that in pearl? And I guess you get a pokey and make it bang another one and hopefully get a baby of the rare one?

Vhalyar

Gravijah said:
I'm terribly sad that I lost my copy of Emerald since it had every Gen 1-3 legendary and the clone glitch :(

Roto13

Snapshot King said:
Weird, how'd I miss that in pearl? And I guess you get a pokey and make it bang another one and hopefully get a baby of the rare one?
The baby is always the same species as the mother, unless the mother is a Ditto, in which case it's the same species as the father.

Izayoi

Banned
Snapshot King said:
Well, all regular Pokemon (with the exception of Ditto) except Legendaries (with the exception of Manaphy) can produce offspring of their own of species.

Vhalyar

Zoramon089 said:
Cool, so junk trades in B/W for rattata and ekans and I'll give you the other two in D/P. Cool, I'm heading into the wifi room in Black now
Alright then, now onto SS.

Where do I go in that game to make a trade with you? The GTS?

FC code: 4040 5800 8088

Roto13 said:
The baby is always the same species as the mother, unless the mother is a Ditto, in which case it's the same species as the father.

So knowing this I feel like I can make a bunch of duplicates kind of easily. What's the catch?

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
Wh...what?!
Haha, yeah. Here are the only unbreedable Pokemon in the game:

* Articuno
* Azurill
* Celebi
* Cleffa
* Deoxys
* Elekid
* Entei
* Groudon
* Ho-oh
* Igglybuff
* Jirachi
* Kyogre
* Latias
* Latios
* Lugia
* Magby
* Mew
* Mewtwo
* Moltres
* Nidoqueen
* Nidorina
* Pichu
* Raikou
* Rayquaza
* Regice
* Regirock
* Registeel
* Smoochum
* Suicune
* Togepi
* Tyrogue
* Unown
* Wynaut
* Zapdos

+ The Unova Legendaries.

So, uh

One of the post-Elite Four towns talks about how they don't go out at night because they're afraid of a monster or something.

How do I actually get to this place ("Big Valley" or something?) that they're talking about? Do I need to bring a surfing Pokemon?

Holmes

Oh crap, I didn't know you could fight Cynthia in this game, and since I'm not one to say no, I accepted... but she beat me. :| In my defense, I had a level 2 Patrat in my team replacing my Volcarona because I needed to use Cut beforehand, and I got down to her last Pokemon, Braviary. But that sucked! I'll need to buy more items and kick her ass.

Roto13

Snapshot King said:
So knowing this I feel like I can make a bunch of duplicates kind of easily. What's the catch?
Well, only certain Pokemon can breed with each other, but Ditto is a total cumslut and can breed with anyone. Legendaries can't be bred, but that's about the only catch. (EDIT: The list there has some non-legendaries on it, but those are just "baby" Pokemon that grow up into Pokemon like Electabuzz or Snorlax, which can be bred to make more babies.) You can breed starters and fossil Pokemon and other regular Pokemon you only find one of in game.

Izayoi said:

* Articuno
* Azurill
* Celebi
* Cleffa
* Deoxys
* Elekid
* Entei
* Groudon
* Ho-oh
* Igglybuff
* Jirachi
* Kyogre
* Latias
* Latios
* Lugia
* Magby
* Mew
* Mewtwo
* Moltres
* Nidoqueen
* Nidorina
* Pichu
* Raikou
* Rayquaza
* Regice
* Regirock
* Registeel
* Smoochum
* Suicune
* Togepi
* Tyrogue
* Unown
* Wynaut
* Zapdos

There's the catch.

So as for unbreedable pokemon in games I have no access to or who were rare event ones, what are my options?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Roto13 said:
It's not a legendary. Why wouldn't you be able to breed it? Hell, check the last page. JVIDICAN just bred one for me today.

Oh. I dunno, I guess I just assumed. >_< Going into the Underground 20 times with myself was hard...

Vhalyar I can get you that one too, then.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ShockingAlberto said:
So, uh

One of the post-Elite Four towns talks about how they don't go out at night because they're afraid of a monster or something.

How do I actually get to this place ("Big Valley" or something?) that they're talking about? Do I need to bring a surfing Pokemon?

You Surf on the upper right side of Route 13. When you go up the the stairs you can then push a boulder with Strength that will let you get to it again without surfing.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:

* Articuno
* Azurill
* Celebi
* Cleffa
* Deoxys
* Elekid
* Entei
* Groudon
* Ho-oh
* Igglybuff
* Jirachi
* Kyogre
* Latias
* Latios
* Lugia
* Magby
* Mew
* Mewtwo
* Moltres
* Nidoqueen
* Nidorina
* Pichu
* Raikou
* Rayquaza
* Regice
* Regirock
* Registeel
* Smoochum
* Suicune
* Togepi
* Tyrogue
* Unown
* Wynaut
* Zapdos

+ The Unova Legendaries.

You can breed Arceus? Sweet! :p

Snapshot King said:
But who would trade a legendary if you can online obtain one? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Some people have multiple carts, some people aren't collectors, some people value things higher than the legendaries they have... There are reasons.

Man, pokemon got crazy at some point. Gotta catch em all used to be totally doable with no shenanigans. I mean, look at this mess. Thanks alot for the help though guys, I'll probably in here crying next week because I don't understand something.

Vhalyar

Snapshot King said:
Man, pokemon got crazy at some point. Gotta catch em all used to be totally doable with no shenanigans. I mean, look at this mess. Thanks alot for the help though guys, I'll probably in here crying next week because I don't understand something.
Not quite since in the Gen 1 era Mew was never released outside of Japan, so the bullshittery was already going on back then.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Snapshot King said:

In the US I don't think it was ever really doable until Gen 3 or 4... I don't think Mew or Celebi were ever distributed in the US for RBY/GSC. Hrm, maybe Mew was, but probably to very few people...

Wi-Fi has brightened the picture considerably.

ShockingAlberto said:
So, uh

Yeah.

To reach the place, you need to do some surfing around the north end of Route 13.

Make sure to bring someone with Strength, as there's a rock you can push to open up a path to allow for easy acess in the future.

Snapshot King said:
Don't be in despair, there is a way to fight the bullshit. :D http://community.livejournal.com/pokewifi/2167924.html I don't know if that works with Black and White yet, though.
Vhalyar said:
Cloning or this.
e: Derp, finally found the wifi club in SS. I'll be on, Zoramon.
I wasn't aware of that one, though I have been out of the Pokemon loop. Ah, it streamlines the process. Awesome. :D I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever get Soul Silver or Heart Gold.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
In the US I don't think it was ever really doable until Gen 3 or 4... I don't think Mew or Celebi were ever distributed in the US for RBY/GSC. Hrm, maybe Mew was, but probably to very few people...

Wi-Fi has brightened the picture considerably.

Mew was given away, but I think it was in an unofficial manner. Certain Nintendo employees giving them out at events and stuff.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Zekrom
Adament nature (+Att, -SpAtt)
IVS:
HP: 16
Att: 31
Def: 6
Sp Att: 28
SpDef: 29
Spd: 14

The Speed and defense could be higher, but the attack and special defence and are awesome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom