• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
If you're indecisive like me, yes. Oh screw it, all of the female designs are amazing.

Male on the other hand, are hit and miss. Black is the first one not to look dorky in a while.
Agreed. I like all of the female designs. If I ranked male and female together it would probably look like:

White = Dawn = Leaf = May >> Kris = Lyra >>> Red > Black = Gold >> Brendan > Lucas

TheOGB

Banned
ColtraineGF said:
His original post was about all PCs having Poké Ball designs on their hats. Where they are on the design was irrelevant, if I understand what he's trying to say.
DoomXploder7 said:
but thats not what Andrex was trying to say. which is what he was rebutting.
Yeah, but mostly I was just emphasizing for no real reason :p

Izayoi said:
So GAF... favorite (game) protagonists? For me:

Female:

White = Dawn = Leaf = May >> Kris = Lyra

Male:

Red > Black = Gold >> Brendan > Lucas
Pretty much this

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Busaiku said:
One thing I don't get is why the US localizations never stuck with the color names after Red/Blue.

The Japanese games stopped using colors as well.

Lkr

god damn, got one badge on black(started it today), and this game is just so damn good. I already beat White when it came out, this is easily the best gen since II

DoomXploder7 said:
but thats not what Andrex was trying to say. which is what he was rebutting.
I guess he was just trying to say that he just noticed the other Poké Ball in the design. okay.jpg

Hilbert>Red=(Emerald)Brendan>Lucas>Ethan

May>Hilda>Leaf>Dawn>Lyra

Bonus Rival Round:

N=Blue>Silver>AndrexBarry>Bianca>Cheren>>>Wally

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Watch Da Birdie said:
Hmm...I find this stuff pretty neat...information from Game Freak on the Elite Four from the Nintendo Dream magazine...

200px-Black_White_Caitlin.png

He personally wanted someone who used Psychic-types to use their hair for psychic-abilities and so the two ribbons on either side of her hair are held up by psychic-powers and protect the hair-style.

Neat. Probably my favorite Unova E4 member.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/04/Black_White_Caitlin.png/200px-Black_White_Caitlin.png[img]

Neat. Probably my favorite Unova E4 member.[/QUOTE]

I like people who use their hair in games. Millia Rage <333 Caitlin <333

Lkr

Why do you guys like Bianca? She's annoying and terrible. Gary and Silver were badasses which made them awesome
Wouldn't May be the rival in Gen3?

TheOGB

Banned
Lkr said:
Why do you guys like Bianca? She's annoying and terrible. Gary and Silver were badasses which made them awesome
A lot of her involvement later on in the game can be facepalm-worthy, but I found her to be quite likeable throughout most (or half) of the story.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lkr said:

She's aloof. And at least she admits she sucks and accepts it. Plus her sprite is funny. She's not high on my list but I could see how people could like her.

I think she has the worst design of all the rivals though. It's like Lyra, but worse.

JVIDICAN

Anyone else notice that if your battling someone from Japan and completely destroying them they'll bow out, but if your battling someone from just about anywhere else and destroying them your hit with a "connection has been lost" screen? :p

@rotom
Not a problem. :)

Andrex said:
She's aloof. And at least she admits she sucks and accepts it. Plus her sprite is funny. She's not high on my list but I could see how people could like her.

I think she has the worst design of all the rivals though. It's like Lyra, but worse.

I find it funny she thinks she's weak when
she like defeated all 8 gym leaders(I recall someone in this thread saying that) and heck has level 65 pokemon by the end of the game

JVIDICAN said:
Anyone else notice that if your battling someone from Japan and completely destroying them they'll bow out, but if your battling someone from just about anywhere else and destroying them your hit with a "connection has been lost" screen? :p

@rotom
Not a problem. :)

dignity and honor are large parts of japanese culture.....

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
My favorite Elite Four member ever.

If we're not counting champions then I agree. Although I do like Grimsley's design... he just needs more of a backstory.

Lkr

Andrex said:

Lyra wasn't a real rival though

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
If we're not counting champions then I agree. Although I do like Grimsley's design... he just needs more of a backstory.
Cynthia, Steven, and Lance all come in a close second.

I still stand by my theory of Grimsley being Darach in disguise.

jman2050 said:
That hair is way way way more ridiculous than it appeared in-game.
And I love it. Crazy hair is awesome, and one of the best parts about Pokemon character designs.

I was also a big fan of Shiki.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
Cynthia, Steven, and Lance all come in a close second.

I still stand by my theory of Grimsley being Darach in disguise.

Very possible, especially after that Nintendo Dream interview.

Izayoi

Banned
jman2050 said:
Your avatar is Jasmine of all people, I think this goes without saying :p
Hahaha, yup. People were hating on Iris' hair but that's because it was styling on them. This Generation has some of the best female designs yet.

Andrex said:
Very possible, especially after that Nintendo Dream interview.
Would be interesting to see it expanded upon in Grey.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
jman2050 said:
Also Cynthia is still the best Elite Four member, get it right.

My favorite champion for sure. Although I like Alder's backstory (ie, he actually has one.)

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
She's in a class of her own. Not everyone can be so elegant and strong!
You're biased.

Andrex said:
My favorite champion for sure. Although I like Alder's backstory (ie, he actually has one.)
Hey, Cynthia's obsession with pianos is backstory enough, right?

I agree with you, though. I'm glad they're at least attempting to give characters some kind of history now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
I dunno. Was just curious.

I mean I'd love to have one, but other things take priority. Plus, even though I love the platform itself, Nintendo is doing its hardest to dissuade me with no games on the horizon I absolutely must buy, high initial price, ugly first iteration design, and low first iteration battery life.

I'll be there day one for the 3DS's first Pokemon game, though. Somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom