• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never got the Cynthia love. She's nothing special. Blue > Alder > Lance = Cynthia > Steven > Wallace.

Andrex said:
Nintendo is doing its hardest to dissuade me with no games on the horizon I absolutely must buy.

Is Paper Mario 3DS not on the horizon or are you just a bad person?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Obsessed said:

Eh. I heard bad things about Super Paper Mario, and playing the first Paper Mario on VC didn't do it for me. Had to struggle to get through it.

Gravijah said:
Best design. Best themes (both of them). She's badass, too.

Her design is the best too. Doesn't look like she fell in and out of a closet. Black and blonde is a hard combo to beat.

DMG-01

So, has anyone planned out their team for the GAF tourney yet? I'd really like to start with planning and breeding, but I don't even know where to start. There's too much variety for me to choose from.

Andrex said:
Eh. I heard bad things about Super Paper Mario, and playing the first Paper Mario on VC didn't do it for me. Had to struggle to get through it.

Super Paper Mario is an awful game.

Not liking Paper Mario is understandable since it is a bit dated.

Play Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. The game is perfect.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
oh wow. So, I've been catching Zekroms casually while watching TV all night, using an adamant + synchronize munna to lead, since that's Zekrom's best nature.

Based on Serebii, the only nature for which this stat distribution makes sense is Adamant (its attack is too high to not be a nature that benefits attack, and its special attack is too low for it to not be a nature that hinders special attack)

Here are the IV spreads according to serebii's IV calculator, assuming an adamant nature.

HP: 24-25
Attack: 28-29
Defense: 30-31
Special Attack: 24-25
Special Defense: 26-27
Speed: 22-23.

I am going to keep it. so my attack stat when fully EV trained will be 2-3 points lower than the max. I don't care. The high IVs in HP, Defense, Special Defense, and speed are worth 2 or 3 points lost in attack.

Not that I ever fight in Ubers anyways :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Obsessed said:
Super Paper Mario is an awful game.

Not liking Paper Mario is understandable since it is a bit dated.

Play Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. The game is perfect.

Eh. I mean I'm sure I'd like it but it's not like I'd miss anything by not getting it on day one, which is in stark contrast to Pokemon games. If you don't join into PokeGAF within the first month you've missed like half the fun.

DMG-01 said:
So, has anyone planned out their team for the GAF tourney yet? I'd really like to start with planning and breeding, but I don't even know where to start. There's too much variety for me to choose from.

I've planned a team but it's reliant on a couple factors, like if I can get that Tornadus...

GaimeGuy

Obsessed said:
Never got the Cynthia love. She's nothing special. Blue > Alder > Lance = Cynthia > Steven > Wallace.

She has an awesome design, music (both the battle and non battle tracks), and easily has the best team out of all the champions.

Every one of her teams has had Spiritomb, Garchomp, Milotic, and Lucario. The other two spots are filled by some mix of (going to include pokemon from her B/W teams, so I'll spoiler it)
Roserade, Togekiss, Gastrodon, Braviary, and Eelektross

Those are some damn good teams.

Andrex said:
I've planned a team but it's reliant on a couple factors, like if I can get that Tornadus...

Wish me luck. This is one time I wish I knew how to abuse the RNG.

Ok what is this. I am on Route 11, no storm. I go look at one of the electronic billboards and it says a storm on Route 11. I go back to Route 11, still no storm.

Azure J

And once more for prosperity (and before I head off for the night):

Shauntal > Caitlin. :p

Edit:

Rivals: Blue = N > Silver > Hyperactivity > Bianca = Cheren > Wally (for the simple fact that he battles you throughout the entirety of the game and doesn't just fall off the map) > Brendan/May

Champs & Champ Tier Trainers: Red (it's Red, seriously) > Blue/Gary (no matter what happens continuity wise, this guy beat you to being #1 even for a short amount of time) > Lance (Dragons are serious shit) > Cynthia/Steven (both of them had the weirdest and most capable teams ever with Cynthia edging out Steven just for that awesome piano pre-fight theme > Adler (it's not that I didn't like him, I just liked the previous champs more)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
GaimeGuy said:
She has an awesome design, music (both the battle and non battle tracks), and easily has the best team out of all the champions.

Every one of her teams has had Spiritomb, Garchomp, Milotic, and Lucario. The other two spots are filled by some mix of (going to include pokemon from her B/W teams, so I'll spoiler it)
Roserade, Togekiss, Gastrodon, Braviary, and Eelektross

Those are some damn good teams.

And they all have perfect IVs.

Obsessed said:
Wish me luck. This is one time I wish I knew how to abuse the RNG.

Good luck! Hope it doesn't make you jump off a roof or something... >.>

AzureJericho said:
And once more for prosperity (and before I head off for the night):

Shauntal > Caitlin. :p

Nya~

And by that I mean, no.

GaimeGuy

Andrex said:
And they all have perfect IVs.

Good luck! Hope it doesn't make you jump off a roof or something... >.>

Nya~

And by that I mean, no.
wait, they do? In which games? All of them? That's awesome.

Blast... Rash Tornadus. Now I need to kill it and beat the E4 again :(

Shit IV's too.

Tornadus - #641 (Rash)
HP: 10 - 11
Att: 25 - 27
Def: 3 - 4
SpA: 27
SpD: 0 - 2
Speed: 23 - 25

Articalys

Anyone have Vullaby/Mandibuzz? Not a single trainer has them in White so I can't even ask for them over GTS, unlike the goth and cotton lines.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
CynthiaWTF01.jpg

GaimeGuy said:
How about their natures/ EV spreads? :p

Dunno about natures but no in-game trainers have EVs.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Articalys said:
Anyone have Vullaby/Mandibuzz? Not a single trainer has them in White so I can't even ask for them over GTS, unlike the goth and cotton lines.

Sure, just give me a little time to breed one for you.

TheOGB

Banned
jman2050 said:
Someone needs to hack Cynthia's pokemon up to level 100 and give her battle tower/battle subway AI and see what happens.
Good lord, are you mad, man?!

changed it because I heard it in John Cleese's voice

GaimeGuy

Andrex said:
Dunno about natures but no in-game trainers have EVs.
They should change that. After all, they're trained pokemon... although I could see N's pokemon, excluding the final battle perhaps (or perhaps not), having 0 EVs (they're all pokemon you can get in the area you fight him. In other words, he catches pokemon, fights you, and releases them)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
@Trainer_Blue: "A trainer came in with a level 100 Illumise today. I knew she was an AR user as soon as it used Hyper Beam. Made a citizen's arrest. She's going away for a long time."

XD

Articalys

Andrex said:
OK, got it. I'm getting on now.
Thanks! Wasn't sure what to offer so I put up the last three things I bred.

This means the only things I'll need an outside source for now are Archen, Reshiram and Tornadus.

GaimeGuy

Andrex said:
@Trainer_Blue: "A trainer came in with a level 100 Illumise today. I knew she was an AR user as soon as it used Hyper Beam. Made a citizen's arrest. She's going away for a long time."

XD
I just checked, and yeah, illumise can't learn hyper beam, through any method, in any generation. Heh.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Articalys said:
Thanks! Wasn't sure what to offer so I put up the last three things I bred.

I took the Petilil since I still had that in-game trade to do. Thanks!

Articalys

Andrex said:

XD
Oh my god, someone's operating a Twitter network for the Pokemon characters? Anyone have a list of the full set?

Azure J

Articalys said:
Oh my god, someone's operating a Twitter network for the Pokemon characters? Anyone have a list of the full set?

Gotta admit, as silly as it was, the tweet about Blue nearly losing to a Haxorus got a chuckle out of me.

Dammit, I was supposed to be sleeping already! :lol

D-Pad

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

"The internal battery has run dry.
The game can be played
However, clock-based events will
no longer occur."

Pokemon Sapphire :(

Remakes in-bound so I don't really care, lol.

edit - spoiler is a lie, I do care because 2d > imminent 3d. :(

Gravijah

D-Pad said:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

"The internal battery has run dry.
The game can be played
However, clock-based events will
no longer occur."

Pokemon Sapphire :(

Remakes in-bound so I don't really care, lol.

edit - spoiler is a lie, I do care because 2d > imminent 3d. :(

I think that's a glitch and if you hook it into Colosseum, Emerald and uh... maybe XD, that it'll fix it.

TheOGB

Banned
Gravijah said:
I think that's a glitch and if you hook it into Colosseum, Emerald and uh... maybe XD, that it'll fix it.
Everytime I see that in the context of Pokemon, I still read it as the laughing emoticon.

Gravijah

"A minor character in the Battle Castle says, "Mr Darach...His feelings for Lady Caitlin are all bottled up...Oh, how I pine for him...", which could imply that Darach has feelings for Caitlin, but refuses to show these emotions to her. "

Eww, she's only 14! At that time.

Calcaneus

Man, I'm so behind on this game, haven't been able to put any real time into it for the past two weeks. Put in some time today, got to Nimbasa City. Gotta say, the music has gotten a lot better as it went along.

Still haven't found a solid 6th pokemon for my team, but I guess that's fine since I'm still early.

Articalys

Gravijah said:
"A minor character in the Battle Castle says, "Mr Darach...His feelings for Lady Caitlin are all bottled up...Oh, how I pine for him...", which could imply that Darach has feelings for Caitlin, but refuses to show these emotions to her. "

Maybe they mean like a father or guardian?

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:

Yeah, and May is 10, right?

789shadow

Banned
Gravijah said:

Think Bruce Wayne and Alfred.

D-Pad

Gravijah said:
Are you talking about the berry glitch (where the berries would stop growing after a while)? I fixed that when I connected to FRLG... Or is this something else?

jman2050

Gravijah said:

The first rule of Pokemon canon is to not think too hard about it cause your brain will explode.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
I hope the HG/SS team makes it. They make everything better. :)
Well the thing that's interesting about the RS remakes is that they'll probably be the first pair of 3DS games in the franchise. I'm wondering how they'll handle it with the new engine, which I assume is done by the new Generation team.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Well the thing that's interesting about the RS remakes is that they'll probably be the first pair of 3DS games in the franchise. I'm wondering how they'll handle it with the new engine, which I assume is done by the new Generation team.
Maybe they'll wait for Gray and then start on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom