• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Picked this game up today, and will be playing it with my 3DS after I pick that up tomorrow. First pokemon game and first DS system all at the same time, I maybe in danger of going into geek overload.

Roto13

Izayoi said:
Protip for box organizing:

Hit select.

You will be fucked.
I was like "If this automatically sorts my Pokemon, I'm going to have a stroke." But it just does the same thing touching that tiny bar on the top of the screen does. I spent a fucking afternoon organizing Pokemon with that thing. :p

OMG Aero

Murkas said:
I heard the longer you take to get there, The more people/stuff there is or something like that.
I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. The longer you take to get there from starting the game, the less people will be in the city/forest.

Roto13

r4z4 said:
Does anyone have a Scyther for trade?
I can breed you one after I finish my breakfast.
OMG Aero said:
I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. The longer you take to get there from starting the game, the less people will be in the city/forest.
Pretty sure it's not that.

Murkas

OMG Aero said:

Well shit :/

Roto13 said:
Pretty sure it's not that.

Oh dear.

I checked Bulbapedia and it says:

"when the player enters the forest for the very first time, the total number of residents is determined by the number of days it took the player to reach White Forest."

But it doesn't say if it's more or less days :(

Roto13

Murkas said:
Well shit :/

Oh dear.

I checked Bulbapedia and it says:

"when the player enters the forest for the very first time, the total number of residents is determined by the number of days it took the player to reach White Forest."

But it doesn't say if it's more or less days :(
Well I got to Black City in like five days and there are only four trainers there. :p

Roto13

r4z4 said:
Thanks! Now the question is Scyther or Scizor? Leaning towards a Scizor due to the resistance factor and the fact that it looks alot cooler.
Well, I think there's only one Metal Coat in B/W, so choose wisely. :p

Mr. Sam

Roto13 said:

One in Twist Mountain (during winter) and, apparently, there's a chap on Route 13 that might give you one if you're lucky - i.e. save and restart until he gives you one.

Woffls

Ughhh, too many of the Unova Pokémon evolve through stones for my liking :( Is there like an endless supply of evolution stones or something? Because I'll need some for the National Dex as well! :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Andrex said:
Still think Gray is coming out this year.

Expect an announcement in a few weeks.

R/S will be the ones using the new engine that Gen 6 will work off of.

Maybe in Japan, but I would be floored if it came out in North America this year. Even in Japan, it would be early for a 3rd installment. The remakes are usually a year after the 3rd installment, but the 3rd is usually two years after the originals. If you look at the Pokemon timeline.

EvilMario said:
Maybe in Japan, but I would be floored if it came out in North America this year. Even in Japan, it would be early for a 3rd installment. The remakes are usually a year after the 3rd installment, but the 3rd is usually two years after the originals. If you look at the Pokemon timeline.

Didn't FR/LG come out before emerald? Two different examples hardly sets a precedent.

r4z4

Roto13 said:
I have one :) Roto could I please trade you my Scyther with the Metal Coat attached so you can send me back a Scizor?

Quick question about compatibility. I'm going to buy Emerald next week to tide me until I can afford a DS, then i'll buy platinum and one of B&W. Say if I EV trained a pokemon in Emerald, will it still hold it's EV/IV stats? I know movesets and that will be different, just curious.

Oh my god, I'm going crazy.

Is there a list of the Black and White pokemon that can learn False Swipe?

None of the pokemon we have can learn it, and Serebii and Bulbapedia have little to no info.

Halp!

Masked Man

I said wow
My 3DS shipped yesterday; it should arrive tomorrow. (Yay for Amazon Prime~)

My brother got his 3DS today, though. After testing out my Japanese copy of Pokémon White, however, I have concluded that, while US/PAL copies of the game work on Japanese 3DS systems, Japanese copies of the game do not work on US/PAL 3DS systems.

asldfiohqlweihfilasjfovjasldfkjoawirjfajwrog

I hate you, Nintendo.

Harpuia

super specific request, but does anyone have a Hitmonchan with Drain punch? I want a Mach punch/Drain punch Conkeldurr, but there doesn't seem to be another way but to breed a hitmonchan and a female timburr.

Harpuia said:
super specific request, but does anyone have a Hitmonchan with Drain punch? I want a Mach punch/Drain punch Conkeldurr, but there doesn't seem to be another way but to breed a hitmonchan and a female timburr.
Didn't I give you one yesterday?

Edit:Ooooh drain punch.

wud

Neo Member
anyone avaliable to help me evolve my Karrablast??

edit: fuck it actually my routers 128-bit encryption and apparently a 3ds cant handle it. jesus christ nintendo

D-Pad

biggyfries said:
Has the Matsuda method worked for anyone yet this gen?

(couldn't figure out how to quote my own post thru secondapps)

Apparently, if what has been said here is true, it works even better than before (the chance has been bumped up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom