• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
D-Pad said:
Apparently, if what has been said here is true, it works even better than before (the chance has been bumped up).
Yeah, it's 6/8192, up from 4/8192.
Obsessed said:
What's the Matsuda method?
Masuda method is a breeding method that allows for a higher chance of getting shinies.

Basically, breed together two Pokémon from different language games. The normal chance for getting a shiny is 1/8192. This method bumps it up to 6/8192.

Roto13

Mr. Sam said:
One in Twist Mountain (during winter) and, apparently, there's a chap on Route 13 that might give you one if you're lucky - i.e. save and restart until he gives you one.
If it needs to be Winter to get the one on Twist Mountain, then apparently I was really lucky and got the one from the guy on Route 13, because I know I had one to evolve my Scyther.
Woffls said:
Ughhh, too many of the Unova Pokémon evolve through stones for my liking :( Is there like an endless supply of evolution stones or something? Because I'll need some for the National Dex as well! :(
Aside from the ones you find around in item balls and the like, you can get evolution stones in Black City and, I guess, White Forest, but only if you Extralink with people. You can also find them in dust clouds in caves, but they're kind of rare. Take it from me. It's a pain in the ass to find enough stones to evolve everything in the National Dex. Do what I did and use the GTS whenever possible, or evolve Pokemon in Gen IV games and transfer them over. Also figure out which stone-evolved Pokemon you can catch in Black and White, because it's possible to catch a few of them, like Honchkrow. And maybe beg around PokeGAF, which I've done a lot of. :p
r4z4 said:
I have one :) Roto could I please trade you my Scyther with the Metal Coat attached so you can send me back a Scizor?
Sure, but I'm assuming you're not around right now. :p
bigdaddygamebot said:
Oh my god, I'm going crazy.

Is there a list of the Black and White pokemon that can learn False Swipe?

None of the pokemon we have can learn it, and Serebii and Bulbapedia have little to no info.

Halp!
This is why Oshawott is the best starter.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EvilMario said:
Maybe in Japan, but I would be floored if it came out in North America this year. Even in Japan, it would be early for a 3rd installment. The remakes are usually a year after the 3rd installment, but the 3rd is usually two years after the originals. If you look at the Pokemon timeline.

I did mean Japan. No game in the series has come out the same year in America as Japan.

Soru said:
Quick question about compatibility. I'm going to buy Emerald next week to tide me until I can afford a DS, then i'll buy platinum and one of B&W. Say if I EV trained a pokemon in Emerald, will it still hold it's EV/IV stats? I know movesets and that will be different, just curious.

Movesets will be the same (unless it's an HM move, then it will have to be relearned in B/W), and it should keep its stats.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Masked Man said:
My 3DS shipped yesterday; it should arrive tomorrow. (Yay for Amazon Prime~)

My brother got his 3DS today, though. After testing out my Japanese copy of Pokémon White, however, I have concluded that, while US/PAL copies of the game work on Japanese 3DS systems, Japanese copies of the game do not work on US/PAL 3DS systems.

asldfiohqlweihfilasjfovjasldfkjoawirjfajwrog

I hate you, Nintendo.

Well we have known the Japanese version was region-locked on DSi, I didn't expect it to be any different on 3DS.

ryan-ts

Alright, question time. So I'm going to try to EV train my Axew. I know have to focus on attack which route 1 is suppose to be good for. What other area should I focus on?

Another question, if I use the Macho Brace how many Lillipup's and Patrats would I need to kill to have full attack EV's?

Merovin

ryan-ts said:
Alright, question time. So I'm going to try to EV train my Axew. I know have to focus on attack which route 1 is suppose to be good for. What other area should I focus on?

Another question, if I use the Macho Brace how many Lillipup's and Patrats would I need to kill to have full attack EV's?

126, though would be much quicker if you had the power bracer equipped instead, would bring it down to 50.4 if you're going for a 252/252/4 split.

I give up Ditto farming for the time being, still not a single one with a stat at 31IV.

Merovin

mazeedibeedi said:
Do we get to find out who the someone from "someone's pc" is? If so then where do you find him/her?

Town with the first gym if you speak to the right person. ;)
Hint: She knows Fennel

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrex Tip #2: Break off a Star Piece from the Challenge Rock to the east of Pinwheel Forest every day. Then on the weekends trade them to the guy in Anville Town for PP Ups.

ryan-ts said:

Well first give it 10 Proteins in order to get it up to 100. Using the Macho Brace, you'd need to kill about 77 Lillipups or Patrats. However, Pokerus halves that to about 39. (I'd count by EVs you earn, not by the amount of things you kill by the way.)

If you use the Power Bracer instead of Macho Brace, combined with the Pokerus you'd only have to kill about 16 Patrats or Lillipups.

Patrat/Lillipup = 1 Attack EV
Macho Brace = x2, so 2 EVs
Pokerus = x2, to 4 EVs total

or

Power Bracer = 4 Attack EVs
Pokerus = x2 to both, so 10 EVs total

r4z4

Roto13 said:
Ok, I'll go hang around the wi fi room.

You don't happen to have a Craniados, by any chance, do you?
Hmm sorry don't have a Cranidos :( Will see if I can get one from my brother and give you a shout if I get one. Heading to wifi club.

Roto13

r4z4 said:
Hmm sorry don't have a Cranidos :( Will see if I can get one from my brother and give you a shout if I get one. Heading to wifi club.
Ok then. Wi Fi was being a bitch so I left and came back.

I have a bunch of Adamant Machop with 31 HP IV, Bullet Punch and Ice Punch to trade/give away. I finally got a beast with 31,31,26,24,24,20 so I don't need them anymore.

Not looking for anything in particular but I would really like a Chansey with Seismic Toss. Or some random rare for the pokedex.

D-Pad

Andrex said:
Andrex Tip #2: Break off a Star Piece from the Challenge Rock to the east of Pinwheel Forest every day. Then on the weekends trade them to the guy in Anville Town for PP Ups.

That's a good tip. What was Tip #1?

Andrefpvs

Guys, how do I stop The Riches from stopping battling me? I fought five of them already and I assume tomorrow will be the last time I can fight them all. So, is there anyway to do this? Even if I never battle the last member of the family.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
That's a good tip. What was Tip #1?

Buy Casteliacones on Tuesday for $100 in Castelia City, then sell them for $2000 on Route 5.

Also you can sell Bluk Berries you get from the guy in Black City/White Forest for lots there, too. I think $30,000.

Andrefpvs said:
Guys, how do I stop The Riches from stopping battling me? I fought five of them already and I assume tomorrow will be the last time I can fight them all. So, is there anyway to do this? Even if I never battle the last member of the family.

Lose on purpose to the sixth one every day.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Holy Order Sol said:
Lose on purpose to the sixth one every day.

That actually works? Holy crap. Oh well, my completionist attitude wouldn't let me not beat it anyways...

jman2050

Obssessed were you able to breed that Pokemon for me? I have a Braviary ready but I also need to leave for a while so we can trade when I get back.

Merovin

Andrex said:

Well first give it 10 Proteins in order to get it up to 100. Using the Macho Brace, you'd need to kill about 77 Lillipups or Patrats. However, Pokerus halves that to about 39. (I'd count by EVs you earn, not by the amount of things you kill by the way.)

If you use the Power Bracer instead of Macho Brace, combined with the Pokerus you'd only have to kill about 16 Patrats or Lillipups.

Macho Brace = x2, so 2 EVs
Pokerus = x2, to 4 EVs total

or

Power Bracer = 4 Attack EVs
Pokerus = x2 to both, so 10 EVs total

I'm embarrassed that in my reply, I forgot about Proteins. :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Merovin said:
I'm embarrassed that in my reply, I forgot about Proteins. :(

Heh don't worry, when I started EV training again last year in SoulSilver, I forgot too.

RagnarokX

bigdaddygamebot said:
Oh my god, I'm going crazy.

Is there a list of the Black and White pokemon that can learn False Swipe?

None of the pokemon we have can learn it, and Serebii and Bulbapedia have little to no info.

Halp!
On serebii just use the BW Attackdex or find the move on a pokemon that uses it in the BW Pokedex and click on it.

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/falseswipe.shtml

And I dunno why you had trouble with Bulbapedia...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/False_Swipe_(move)#Generation_V

Slim pickin's, nonetheless.

jman2050

Doea the amulet coin and money entralink bonus stack? Cause if so you could just get the hour long version and storm through the Elite Four as many times as possible to get some major bank.

Azure J

Wait timeout for a second thread. You can fight the Riches family only for a limited amount of time? I was under the assumption that you can fight them infinitely as long as you came back the next day.

Merovin

Does anyone have a Paras/Parasect they'd be willing to trade/breed a quick egg for? I don't have much I can offer in return, got a few dittos from farming lying around (none are particularly great though), or could quickly breed a Snivy/Tepig/Zorua/Fossil Guys. Have a few other things lying around, but nothing of much interest.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Merovin said:
Does anyone have a Paras/Parasect they'd be willing to trade/breed a quick egg for? I don't have much I can offer in return, got a few dittos from farming lying around (none are particularly great though), or could quickly breed a Snivy/Tepig/Zorua/Fossil Guys. Have a few other things lying around, but nothing of much interest.

Yeah, I can. I'll have it when I get home in about 40 minutes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They let people bring their motorcycles on the Battle Subway...? What?

Merovin said:
Cheers mate, really appreciate it. Anything at all you wanted in return? Playing White but to lazy to wait for a Swarm!

Nah, I'm good.

Merovin

Andrex said:
They let people bring their motorcycles on the Battle Subway...? What?

Nah, I'm good.

They let all sorts on the damn Battle Subway!
Added your friend code, number 15 on the list (on White), though I'll leave it here too for when you return: 2107 7850 9305.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Merovin said:
They let all sorts on the damn Battle Subway!
Added your friend code, number 15 on the list (on White), though I'll leave it here too for when you return: 2107 7850 9305.

Err actually I just got a streak going in the Battle Subway... >.> Might be a little more time, hope that's OK.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
9yX9Q.png

"If you've made it this far, that means you've won 14 in a row. What a fluke! Fourteen is how old I am! Ha ha ha..."

Merovin

Andrex said:
9yX9Q.png

"If you've made it this far, that means you've won 14 in a row. What a fluke! Fourteen is how old I am! Ha ha ha..."

Wow, some is uhh, slightly delusional? Once people start slipping down that road, should they still be allowed Pokémon? Lol.

upandaway

Okay I gave in and caught an Axew (nicknamed Breaker, it's a shortening of a reference of a reference..). He also fits under my "pre-release Pokemon I loved most" little deal, anyway, so now I have my complete awesome pre-release team.

EDIT: Omg I started a fight with Gamefreak. I knew it wasn't a good idea, but I went for it anyway. Then he sent at me a level 75 son of a bitch. Fuck my life. I'm still 49 average!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bah got all the way to 21 but lost to a Scizor. v_v Lame. Oh well, I got 11 BP out of it.

Merovin I'll be on in a little bit, I'll post when.

Izayoi

Banned
Hey Pokegaf, what are your 3DS friend codes?

Mine is 3265-5062-3216.

Assloads of people on the official list and I can't just start adding everyone, so I figure I'll start with Pokegaf and see how many that nets me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom