• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovin

Izayoi said:
Hey Pokegaf, what are your 3DS friend codes?

Mine is 3265-5062-3216.

Assloads of people on the official list and I can't just start adding everyone, so I figure I'll start with Pokegaf and see how many that nets me.

I'll give you an add now, mine is;
4296 2967 9528

Andrex, not sure what's happening, I keep getting stuck trying to communicate with you? Stupid Wi-Fi.

Masked Man

I said wow
Andrex said:
Well we have known the Japanese version was region-locked on DSi, I didn't expect it to be any different on 3DS.

Doesn't make it any less of a shitty move on their part, especially considering that non-Japanese versions aren't region-locked. :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Masked Man said:
Doesn't make it any less of a shitty move on their part, especially considering that non-Japanese versions aren't region-locked. :/

Well I can see their logic, the Japanese version came out so long before the others and all. At the very least it was nice of them to make the international versions region-free.

So I just got the
Dark Stone from the museum
and was wondering if there was anything I can do before I progress with the main story line as I want to level my Pokemon a bit before heading to the final gym / Pokemon league. I already headed to Route 17/18 and got the
Egg
, but was wondering if there's anywhere else useful to go with Surf or any unexplored locations etc.

Scythian Empire said:
So I just got the
Dark Stone from the museum
and was wondering if there was anything I can do before I progress with the main story line as I want to level my Pokemon a bit before heading to the final gym / Pokemon league. I already headed to Route 17/18 and got the
Egg
, but was wondering if there's anywhere else useful to go with Surf or any unexplored locations etc.
You can go to Route 6 next to Driftveil and surf to a cave. You need flash to explore, but you can catch Cobalion in that cave.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Merovin said:
Yeah, I give up. Cheers for trying though.

Yeah can do if we're both still around and you don't mind?

Nah, I got nothing better to do than grind the Super Singles line. And the TCG site if that's even back up.

Izayoi

Banned
Merovin said:
I'll give you an add now, mine is;
4296 2967 9528

Andrex, not sure what's happening, I keep getting stuck trying to communicate with you? Stupid Wi-Fi.
Added you.

D-Pad said:
Which DS did you have before? How does the game look on the 3DS compared to that?
DSLite.

Andrefpvs said:
Yeah, please give us an extremely, ridiculously detailed review of how B/W looks on a 3DS!

Please? :D
I will do you one better, with some side-by-side high-res shots.

Not this second, though. Trying to sort out friend codes first.

hermit7

So, I think I am going to pick this up tomorrow. Haven't played any Pokemon since Pearl came out, but I am itching to get back into it. Is there any advantages of one version over the other?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
hermit7 said:
So, I think I am going to pick this up tomorrow. Haven't played any Pokemon since Pearl came out, but I am itching to get back into it. Is there any advantages of one version over the other?

It's in the OP, but Black City and White Forest are the main differences. In Black City you can buy rare items like the evolution stones while in White Forest you can find 32 more species of unevolved Pokemon for capture, although you can sometimes find the rare items on the ground, too, but it's random. Both are only available post-game.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Speaking of the OP, I'm splitting out the C-Gear into its own section. Global Link info will remain in the "Online" section but I'll be adding info about the GTS to it, as well. Or maybe I'll split those two up too. Decisions...

Merovin

Andrex said:
Nah, I got nothing better to do than grind the Super Singles line. And the TCG site if that's even back up.

Hey mate, no worries about the Paras now, managed to get a mate to trade me one and thankfully worked okay. Cheers for your help though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just to put this out there: I do have all 493 of the previous-gen Pokemon (lots of time in the SoulSilver Safari Zone...) so if anybody needs anything that can be bred I'll be happy to give it to you. And I have a vast majority of the new Unova Pokemon too, I'm pretty sure I have one of all of the Pokemon that can be bred at least.

Merovin said:
Hey mate, no worries about the Paras now, managed to get a mate to trade me one and thankfully worked okay. Cheers for your help though.

Cool! Happy it ended up working out for you ha ha.

justin12140 said:
Gunna ask again if someone would be willing to trade their tornadus for a moment so I can get the pokedex entry and get it for real on the gts

I have White, otherwise I would. :/

D-Pad

There needs to be a way to rearrange the boxes themselves. Forgot I had started a box for teams last night and now there are two boxes of legendaries dividing them up. Heh... Oh well.

Merovin

Andrex said:
Just looked at the spreadsheet, you have both versions? :p

I do indeed! Though I haven't actually started Black properly yet. I knew I would want it down the line, so grabbed it now to make sure I get all the Wi-Fi events on it. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Merovin said:
I do indeed! Though I haven't actually started Black properly yet. I knew I would want it down the line, so grabbed it now to make sure I get all the Wi-Fi events on it. :p

Ahhh you're smart. Maybe I should do the same, I was planning on picking Black up later in the summer... Although really Victini isn't too big a deal, I guess.

Andrex said:
Ahhh you're smart. Maybe I should do the same, I was planning on picking Black up later in the summer... Although really Victini isn't too big a deal, I guess.

It's pretty nice. I got both Black and White, and then to make things better, I work at a local video game chain...I've traded over anything worth having from all of the carts we've had traded in so far. Great GTS fodder.

Morokh

Andrefpvs said:
Yeah, please give us an extremely, ridiculously detailed review of how B/W looks on a 3DS!

Please? :D

Plain and simple, like it was upscaled 2x with bad Jpg compression xD or if you use 1:1 pixel ratio : glorious like a GBmicro game but small.

My 3DS Friend code is 0259-0275-0411
Added you Izayoi

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
drtomoe123 said:
It's pretty nice. I got both Black and White, and then to make things better, I work at a local video game chain...I've traded over anything worth having from all of the carts we've had traded in so far. Great GTS fodder.

Lucky!

Merovin

Andrex said:

Why thank-you kind sir! But there could be better things down the road, who knows?! Plus Black is going to be my pure OCD play-through.

DMG-01

Andrex said:
Andrex Tip #2: Break off a Star Piece from the Challenge Rock to the east of Pinwheel Forest every day. Then on the weekends trade them to the guy in Anville Town for PP Ups.
Also, after you get 21 wins on the subway, there's an NPC that will give you a PP Up. I think it's an elderly woman, but I can't remember. Note: I've only tested it on the easy doubles line, but it should work on all of them I'd think.

Quacking

vKXj3.jpg

Got it after over 300 eggs! Love masuda method. <3

Izayoi

Banned
Alright Pokegaf, time to play a little game.

Both of the pictures you see below were cropped from the same image. A 3DS and a DSLite were placed next to each other for the shot. Can you tell which is which? (Pay no mind to the resolution, I'm horrible at cropping so I just cut one differently than the other. The aspect ratio on the actual screens is identical.)

untitled1xkh1.png

untitled218bl.png

If you're feeling extra crazy, here's the image they were cropped and resized from. It comes in at a hefty 13MB so be warned:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wj41108qfojwyu5

Another pair:

untitled3upp2.png

untitled438y4.png

Wiseblade

DMG-01 said:
Also, after you get 21 wins on the subway, there's an NPC that will give you a PP Up. I think it's an elderly woman, but I can't remember. Note: I've only tested it on the easy doubles line, but it should work on all of them I'd think.
It's an old man if I remember correctly. At 28 wins, a woman will give you a Rare candy. I don't know what happens after that... ¬.¬

NEO0MJ

Just beat the game, w00t! Too bad I didn't know it autosaved, and am now stuck with a relaxed nature Zekrom >=(!
If I release it, will it reappear in the dragon tower or something similar? I really don't want this nature...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
NEO0MJ said:
Just beat the game, w00t! Too bad I didn't know it autosaved, and am now stuck with a relaxed nature Zekrom >=(!
If I release it, will it reappear in the dragon tower or something similar? I really don't want this nature...

No, releasing it wouldn't do any good.

NeoForte

The one at the top is the 3DS I'm guessing. I just played it on mine and I saw a noticible difference in how the 3DS and my DSi looked like. It seemed more warmer in hue and slightly blurry.

Also would anyone help me evolve my Gurdurr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom