• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

Well my Pokemon Black code has changed. Was trying to force my 3Ds to connect with and give me a system code but no dice. Anyways my new Black code is 3911-7388-7437

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
NEO0MJ said:
Well that sucks. And I really wanted to train it right. But still, no way will I replay it just for it...

You can take your chances on the GTS I suppose.

NEO0MJ

Andrex said:
You can take your chances on the GTS I suppose.

Reminds me that I still haven't logged on yet. Is it like pear/Diamond where everyone is demanding some neigh impossible to get Pokemon =p?

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
The picture at the very bottom seems sharper. Is that something you did or is that the system itself?
The two bottom pictures were cropped from their own picture, and the two top ones were cropped from a separate one.

Both pairs are running on different systems.

The sharper effect is just me getting a better shot.

Man, it's gonna be hard to keep training my team with 3DS battling fro my attention...

I can never seem to get the Doctor/Nurse to appear in the Stadiums. I suppose it's some sort of random affair :/ I want that experience bad...
NEO0MJ said:
Reminds me that I still haven't logged on yet. Is it like pear/Diamond where everyone is demanding some neigh impossible to get Pokemon =p?
The key is to not to search for what you want, but put up something you want to trade for what you want. Making your life easier, by not worrying about lv 9 Zekrom everywhere.

Butane123

NEO0MJ said:
Pretty much. Try putting your own guys up and asking for other stuff. Generally works better.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Delio said:
Well my Pokemon Black code has changed. Was trying to force my 3Ds to connect with and give me a system code but no dice. Anyways my new Black code is 3911-7388-7437

Updated it for you.

Izayoi

Banned
Anyway, consensus (two people lol) is split.

The 3DS looks a little less sharp in person. There is some definite blurring going on, but it's not terrible. It's not great either, but there's not much you can do in these kinds of situations.

Knocking it down to one-one makes a SUPER sharp image, but it's pretty small.

From what I can tell the 3DS has a slightly lower overworld framerate and a slightly higher battle framerate.

Why that is I have no idea, but there you have you it.

I like playing it on the 3DS more because of the (seemingly) faster battles and the much better input. Using the circle pad is great for moving around and navigating menus and the buttons are just perfect, nothing like the mushy DSLite mess.

NEO0MJ

ColtraineGF said:
The key is to not to search for what you want, but put up something you want to trade for what you want. Making your life easier, by not worrying about lv 9 Zekrom everywhere.

Butane123 said:
Pretty much. Try putting your own guys up and asking for other stuff. Generally works better.

Thanks, gonna do it now. Hope I don't get a hacked one. I once did this in Heart Gold with Ho-oh and got a a lv.100 shiny one.

KingK

Ok, I'm trying to catch Volcarona. I got it to 1 hp using False Swipe, I had it paralyzed, and I got a critical capture with an Ultra Ball. But it broke out! Fuuuuuu-

I caught it already with a great ball on my first try, but it had a nature that decreased Sp. Atk. so I restarted to try and get a better nature and now it's being a bitch.

Izayoi said:
Anyway, consensus (two people lol) is split.

The 3DS looks a little less sharp in person. There is some definite blurring going on, but it's not terrible. It's not great either, but there's not much you can do in these kinds of situations.

Knocking it down to one-one makes a SUPER sharp image, but it's pretty small.

It makes it the same size as the normal DS...

Roto13

Totally NarNar said:
Is this game as bad as the other DS pokemon games?
Totally NarNar
Banned

That didn't take long.

Delio said:
The Poketransfer is really annoying. Why did they have to put in the mini game.
I like it. :p I kind of wish I could play it without having to transfer anything.

Red

The Broken Ska Record said:
I started up Pokémon White, finally. It's probably just me, but I'm a little disappointed that the Female trainer isn't a rival. I'm just so used to seeing both of them together.
You get two female rivals anyway.

Red

Gravijah said:
Cheren of course.
Yes, her.

TheOGB said:
Quiet you
uMSVF.png

Forkball

Ok I'm in Relic Castle fighting Plasma, and I have no idea what's happening. I keep falling in the pits, but eventually I reach a dead end and have to repeat the cycle again.

D-Pad

Cheren's a girl who just happens to like being referred to as a he. (Shrugs) Don't see why that's so hard to understand, especially since no one seems to mind Aurea.

KingK

Forkball said:
Ok I'm in Relic Castle fighting Plasma, and I have no idea what's happening. I keep falling in the pits, but eventually I reach a dead end and have to repeat the cycle again.

Walk on the pits and avoid the center. If you run, it will pull you down automatically.

Roto13

I spent an hour breeding Combee to get a female and the very next Pokemon I run into on Route 12 (looking for a Cherrim) is a female Combee. fml.

I've got a pretty big favor to ask. I just got my 3DS today so FINALLY stated playing White. But I'm just starting off...

..does anyone feel like be charitable and giving me the water and fire starter? I only have trash 'mons to offer in exchange, but I sure would appreciate the help :)

Gravijah

Lavpa Jasai said:
I've got a pretty big favor to ask. I just got my 3DS today so FINALLY stated playing White. But I'm just starting off...

..does anyone feel like be charitable and giving me the water and fire starter? I only have trash 'mons to offer in exchange, but I sure would appreciate the help :)

Making some now.

Edit: Also gonna give you a Zorua since I have an extra.

Gravijah said:
Making some now.

Edit: Also gonna give you a Zorua since I have an extra.

So what are you like the pokeGAF jesus or somthing? :)

Thanks a million!

(p.s. if its not too pushy would you mind if they were unhatched? If they are already hatched no biggie though)

Gravijah

Lavpa Jasai said:
So what are you like the pokeGAF jesus or somthing? :)

Thanks a million!

(p.s. if its not too pushy would you mind if they were unhatched? If they are already hatched no biggie though)

OK, done. Zorua was already hatched but the other two are eggs. FC is 4813 6217 8362

Gravijah said:
OK, done. Zorua was already hatched but the other two are eggs. FC is 4813 6217 8362

Awesome thanks! :)

FC: 3353 3935 0247

EDIT: I just realized I have no idea how to do it. I assume im in the right room. I added you went into the upstairs pokecenter and are in the wi-fi room..it just says seeking participants...are I in the right place?

Gravijah

Lavpa Jasai said:
Awesome thanks! :)

FC: 3353 3935 0247

EDIT: I just realized I have no idea how to do it. I assume im in the right room. I added you went into the upstairs pokecenter and are in the wi-fi room..it just says seeking participants...are I in the right place?

Yes. Can only actually trade one at a time, btw. :( Can show up to 3, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom