• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Slide pad really does feel light years better than the shitty d-pad.
You best be talkin' bout the DSLite's d-pad. No way in hell can anything feel better than dpad, especially when movement is limited to four directions (Game Freak?). My phat has clicky buttons, which is another reason I love it so.

Shitty d-pad is also why the Zelda Collector's disk sucks, because the GameCube controller's d-pad was shitty and in a shitty place. You were practically forced to play with the analog stick!

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
You best be talkin' bout the DSLite's d-pad. No way in hell can anything feel better than dpad, especially when movement is limited to four directions (Game Freak?). My phat has clicky buttons, which is another reason I love it so.

Shitty d-pad is also why the Zelda Collector's disk sucks, because the GameCube controller's d-pad was shitty and in a shitty place. You were practically forced to play with the analog stick!
Yeah, DSLite's pad.

(I like the 3DS' d-pad more than I liked any DS revision's d-pad, though. Just the right amount of give and click.)

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
DSL has the worst d-pad in the world. DSP and DSi are both infinitely superior. Hell, even the 360 d-pad can do diagonals.
Yeah. I really hated in (the buttons too).

Hard going back to the DSLite's while trading and stuff. Fffuuuuuu.

KingK

I just realized how hilarious it is when you first catch a Jynx. Its Pokedex entry comes up and you hear it's crazy cry, then read "The cries of a Jynx sound like human speech."

An-Det

My Emboar just accidentally N's entire team at the end of Chargestone Cave. He is level 40 and has: Take Down, Flamethrower, Rock Smash, and Bulldoze.

Just got to the next town, the one with the planes, loving the game.

I just had my first 2 online battles. Won the first but lost the second. THUNDURUS Y U NO FAINT!

Edit: Would a Scrafty be worth having on my main team? What nature/EV spread should it have?

goldensun

Does anyone have a throwaway poke with pokerus that they could spare me?

EDIT: If you ask if I have a specific item you want I'd be willing to trade. Still have my master ball and a few evolution items. Really just needing pokerus badly for ev training since it takes forever without the battle subway items.

Zebra

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but I was wondering if critical hits happen a lot more frequently in this game than in others?

I'm not sure if that's true or if it's all just in my head, but I've been feeling like critical hits have been happening twice as often as I remember them in the other games.

Maybe I'm just getting more frustrated with them this time around. They're awesome when they're in your favor, but I flip my shit every time I annihilate something I'm trying to capture.

Anyone care to trade back and forth with me (starting and ending the trade with our own pokemon) so that I can evolve the ones that only evolve through trade.

Thanks!

FC 3267 4477 3002

Super_Chicken said:
Anyone care to trade back and forth with me (starting and ending the trade with our own pokemon) so that I can evolve the ones that only evolve through trade.

Thanks!

FC 3267 4477 3002
I'll help (again). Hope you know where my code is :O

JVIDICAN

Super_Chicken said:

Thanks!

FC 3267 4477 3002
Sure FC: 4899 5707 4049

EDIT: Nevermind. :p

Zebra said:
I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but I was wondering if critical hits happen a lot more frequently in this game than in others?

I'm not sure if that's true or if it's all just in my head, but I've been feeling like critical hits have been happening twice as often as I remember them in the other games.

Maybe I'm just getting more frustrated with them this time around. They're awesome when they're in your favor, but I flip my shit every time I annihilate something I'm trying to capture.
False Swipe is your friend.

Also, there are definitely moves (and possibly natures/items) that increase your critical hit rate.

Also just saw this:

Bulbapedia said:
If used against a substitute, False Swipe will break it

!

Rejoining with C-Gear on (hope that helps...).
TheOGB said:
Yeah, and I'm sick of these dumbass Chanseys only healing the Snorlaxes.
I hope they fix Ditto next update. I'm tired of getting facestabbed all the time.

So is there a canon reason for the regional differences between Black and White? As in, why are the 8th gym leaders different and why does one boast a corrupted and dark city and the other a fully blossomed forest?

Blue_Gecko said:
So is there a canon reason for the regional differences between Black and White? As in, why are the 8th gym leaders different and why does one boast a corrupted and dark city and the other a fully blossomed forest?
Canon usually comes in the (third version)/(remake version main color). Until then, consider White Version as canon
lol

Also, this connection thing is really >_<;

DMG-01

ColtraineGF said:
Rejoining with C-Gear on (hope that helps...).

I hope they fix Ditto next update. I'm tired of getting facestabbed all the time.
You mean release Dreamworld Ditto? I've been waiting for that for five months. By far the most exciting part of the Dreamworld for me.
Blue_Gecko said:
I've wondered about this myself. According to the anime, Black should be canon because Iris isn't a gym leader, but I don't think the anime has authority over the games' canon.

TheOGB

Banned
Blue_Gecko said:
The Broken Ska Record said:
I thought that each different versions of the same Pokémon game were just different dimensions/universes.
I'm fairly certain someone in the game says something like this, or that they're parallel timelines (where one cherishes the past and the other is very progressive and futuristic). Or something.

ColtraineGF said:
Sorry, I don't have an extra Shelmet :O

I didn't know what you needed at the end, just started offering whatever -_-;

No problem. I just looked I've actually got another one. Sorry for the trouble, if you don't mind jumping back in?

Kodiak said:
Shit this thread is huge. Where do I even begin? You guys make me feel like such a casual player...
PokeGAF is pretty chill, actually. No one will yell at you for asking questions or scoff at your tastes or anything. Unless you post about the Lavender Town theme or ask what happens when you use Strength on the truck, it's all good.

Blue_Gecko said:
PokeGAF is pretty chill, actually. No one will yell at you for asking questions or scoff at your tastes or anything. Unless you post about the Lavender Town theme or ask what happens when you use Strength on the truck, it's all good.

It gets you a mew right? ;)

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Blue_Gecko said:

Cool, sounds good. I'm only like 3 badges in... really digging my Sandile. That little dude is a total baller.

Getting the itch to battle some actual human beings.

ColtraineGF said:
I do, in SoulSilver. I don't need another one particularly :]
Ahh, didn't pull it to BW yet ? (I actually need one :p) I have a ho-oh from fire red and got a good deal on HG, so I prob won't be picking up SS

Super_Chicken said:
Ahh, didn't pull it to BW yet ? (I actually need one :p) I have a ho-oh from fire red and got a good deal on HG, so I prob won't be picking up SS
You can catch it in HG, though. It's at lv. 70, in the Whirl Islands.

Unless you knew that in getting HG :S

In any case, glad to help.

I have a question and I figured it might be best to ask here since some people may have run into the problem I'm having right now.

My Umbreon and Espeon candidates are ready to evolve at any moment. There are some moves that they can only learn in the Eevee stage though. Will letting them level up(let's say level 36 for baton pass) have any effect on their maximum stat potential? I'm pretty sure it won't since there is no other way to learn the moves, but I want to be sure.

I'm fighting the E4 right now and I'd like to know this before I save the game and ruin a perfectly good Eevee.

Thanks
Andrex said:
Congrats on 15,000+ posts everyone! :D
I'm pretty surprised. I never expected to see something as big as Marvel come along so quickly haha.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
An-Det said:
My Emboar just accidentally N's entire team at the end of Chargestone Cave. He is level 40 and has: Take Down, Flamethrower, Rock Smash, and Bulldoze.

Just got to the next town, the one with the planes, loving the game.

Mistralton might be my favorite Unova city/town (except for Village Bridge of course.) I just wish there was more stuff to do there, I haven't been back in ages, since I picked up that TM I think. (Whereas Village Bridge, Opelucid, Nimbasa, Castelia, and even Undella have stuff for you to do every day.)

Izayoi said:
Now the real test - can we get 3000 posts in four more days?

It'll probably be an uphill battle. We'll definitely hit it before the 1-month anniversary of the games' Euro release though (April 4.)

I'm actually kind of hoping this thread hits 20k and I get to make an OT3. :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DMG-01 said:
You mean release Dreamworld Ditto? I've been waiting for that for five months. By far the most exciting part of the Dreamworld for me.

I've wondered about this myself. According to the anime, Black should be canon because Iris isn't a gym leader, but I don't think the anime has authority over the games' canon.

Did they ever really confirm that? We won't know until he gets to Opelucid City, unless they already had whats his face show up in the Japanese version by now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SolarPowered said:
I have a question and I figured it might be best to ask here since some people may have run into the problem I'm having right now.

My Umbreon and Espeon candidates are ready to evolve at any moment. There are some moves that they can only learn in the Eevee stage though. Will letting them level up(let's say level 36 for baton pass) have any effect on their maximum stat potential? I'm pretty sure it won't since there is no other way to learn the moves, but I want to be sure.

I'm fighting the E4 right now and I'd like to know this before I save the game and ruin a perfectly good Eevee.

Thanks

No, it shouldn't have any effect, just like evolving early doesn't have any effect either.

goldensun said:
Does anyone have a throwaway poke with pokerus that they could spare me?

EDIT: If you ask if I have a specific item you want I'd be willing to trade. Still have my master ball and a few evolution items. Really just needing pokerus badly for ev training since it takes forever without the battle subway items.

I reeeeeeeeaally would hate to do this but if you're definitely not going to use your Master Ball, I'd definitely trade your a Pokerus-infested Pokemon for keeps. If you're planning on using it then nevermind, I'll give it to you anyways.

Andrex said:
It'll probably be an uphill battle. We'll definitely hit it before the 1-month anniversary of the games' Euro release though (April 4.)

I'm actually kind of hoping this thread hits 20k and I get to make an OT3. :D
I just realized that this is an OT2 thread.

holy crap
Andrex said:
No, it shouldn't have any effect, just like evolving early doesn't have any effect either.
Good to know.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom