• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Zzoram said:
But you can only catch one? So no choice in nature?
Well that's all I can tell ya. I just caught it straight away since I'm not picky about its nature.

More people on the list than available slots in game. Now the dilemma begins.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Zzoram said:
But you can only catch one? So no choice in nature?

You could always save before the battle, catch it, check its nature, reset if you don't like it, kill it, and then start all over again.

Zzoram

Andrex said:
You could always save before the battle, catch it, check its nature, reset if you don't like it, kill it, and then start all over again.

Does that work for online stuff though? Since it's an online special

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Zzoram said:

Sure? If the leaflet says it respawns if you knock it out then that's all there is to it.

Zzoram said:
You only receive the access to that special area via online. Going there and catching Victini is completely offline and like the rest of the game.

Zzoram

BGBW said:
Well that's all I can tell ya. I just caught it straight away since I'm not picky about its nature.

More people on the list than available slots in game. Now the dilemma begins.

Why add everyone immediately? Why not wait a few weeks to see who's still active

Zzoram

Ive been wasting a bunch of time researching base stats of all catchable Pokemon in White to see what team I want to EV train out of the catchables. I don't even have the game yet.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Green Scar said:
Bah, getting this in like two hours. Fuck Nintendo, fuck Game Freak, fuck you guys and fuck Pikachu.

Awptq.png

Zzoram said:
Ive been wasting a bunch of time researching base stats of all catchable Pokemon in White to see what team I want to EV train out of the catchables. I don't even have the game yet.
Uhh yeah, do not worry about any of that until you've at least beaten the game (and preferably beaten all the single-player content in general.) I'm a hardcore EV-er and I always wait. Trying to find good EV training areas is hell before beating the game.

Gravijah

I think I'm gonna finally make some serious teams after I beat the game. We shall seeeeeeee.

Also, what the fucking fuck at the encounter rate sometimes. 5 battles 1-2 steps apart.

Zzoram

Andrex said:
Awptq.png

Uhh yeah, do not worry about any of that until you've at least beaten the game (and preferably beaten all the single-player content in general.) I'm a hardcore EV-er and I always wait. Trying to find good EV training areas is hell before beating the game.

Well if one of the stats you want to train is Speed, Magikarp are reliably easy to find with an Old Rod. I don't know if Magikarp is in B/W though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why it take me till now to realise that fresh water is a better deal than super potions?

Rokam said:
Scraggy idle animaton in battle, great or greatest?
Timburr has the best. He can even flip that wood asleep.

Gravijah

BGBW said:
Why it take me till now to realise that fresh water is a better deal than super potions?

It's subliminal messaging to get kids to drink more water.

Edit: Holy shit what's going on with GAF? I literally just posted this message.

Ondore

Zzoram said:
Is there an Old Rod in B/W and if so, does it catch Magikarp?

Nope, no Magikarp sticks in this one. You don't get the one fishing rod until
after the 1st credit roll

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gravijah said:
Skyarrow bridge
is straight up :O
I actually dislike how long it is. Took forever to walk back over it to battle the rest of the trainers on the bridge you came from.

Gravijah

These surveys... Do people need to actually answer them for me to progress and get items from them?

Edit: This was meant to be further down. Goddamn time travel.

Jinko

Zzoram said:
Why 2 in a row? are you trying to get a gender AND nature combo?

Nah was just a pain to get 1 is all.

Got a female of Snivy, Oshawott and Tepig now so can supply eggs for all 3, assuming wifi trade works.

Jinko

Mafro said:
How far into the game do you have to be before you can start breeding Pokemon?

The day care centre is just outside the first main town, leave a male and female and you will get an egg, egg will always hatch out to be the same as the mother and the male has to be a compatible egg type.

Thx a lots my friend! ^.^ Gonna take care of your little poke!

Come in Wifi room, middle person up the stairs in the Pokehospital thingy.

Gravijah

Drkirby said:
If I get a Pokemon with the default name, but in Japanese, will it's name change when it evolves?

It should, yeah. To whatever the next form is, in Japanese.

Andrex said:
No, if it's not nicknamed, when it evolves, it gets the English name instead.

Oh, weird.

Jinko

Drkirby said:
If I get a Pokemon with the default name, but in Japanese, will it's name change when it evolves?

Yea I had a JP Snivy and the name changed to english Survine when it evolved.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ah good, I was afraid I'd be stuck with the Japanese name for the Snivy I just got.

GTS seems to be working pretty well, two pokemon in only a few hours have gone though. Got that one eyed bat thing, and a Snivy, next is for that White Mouse thing the professor and Janitor/CEO uses.

Loving the game. Desert resort is kicking my ass more than I expected, the pokemon types I run into are always a surprise, you'd think I'd be running into a lot of ground/rock pokemon in a desert.

Team so far is.
Lv. 27 Dewott
Lv. 27 Blitzle
Lv. 27 Darumaka
Lv. 24 Sandile
Lv. 22 Musharna
Lv. 11 Pansear

Suairyu

Banned
Haven't faced the third gym yet, but I was wandering around Route 4 and stumbled across the desert resort. Given the sharp rise in the stats of trainers, I don't think I'm meant to be here yet. I'm levelled enough to handle it, of course, but I can't shake that "not yet" feeling.

edit - haha, "Maractus"
51V48.gif

EDIT 2 - Throh's level 25 move, 'Storm Throw', is incredible. Always lands a critical hit, unless the opponent has some form of critical protection. I'm absolutely decimating the opposition here.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jinko said:
Yea I had a JP Snivy and the name changed to english Survine when it evolved.

What's neat is if someone from Japan nicknamed its exact name, it would not change names on evolving, because being nicknamed is actually a boolean value in a Pokemon's code.

Andrex said:
What's neat is if someone from Japan nicknamed its exact name, it would not change names on evolving, because being nicknamed is actually a boolean value in a Pokemon's code.

Are you sure about this? I thought that nicknaming it using the actual name reset this value. I'm positive it worked this way in Gen 2, and I think it worked like this in Diamond and Pearl.

In other news, my Amazon order is out for delivery a day early, so I should have a brand new Pokemon Black Version by the time I get out of class.

Beat the game. Never has a Pokémon game had such a sense of climax since G/S.
Moving on to the post-game content, which seems to be even more massive than usual.

ajim

Bought Pokeman White Japanese, and played it up until the 8th gym leader and got bored. This is the first Pokemon game I haven't finished. Sigh. Really didn't like it as much as I thought it would.

Still, I will buy the English version, for the inevitable GAF Pokemon Tournament :D

Zzoram

Suairyu said:
High chance of catching a Pokémon with one if you lob it at the very beginning of an encounter. Hasn't failed me once yet.

That seems like it'd be great for finding a Pokemon with the right nature.

Do people catch for natures or breed for them? I imagine catching is easier.

Zzoram

Will the inevitable GAF Pokemon tournaments have any sort of rules about what Pokemon are allowed and what moves? For example are Legendaries banned?

If Legendaries aren't allowed I won't bother to EV train them

Wiseblade

Zzoram said:
That seems like it'd be great for finding a Pokemon with the right nature.

Do people catch for natures or breed for them? I imagine catching is easier.

Breeding is WAY easier. If you give a female Pokémon (or a Ditto) an everstone when you send it to the daycare centre, there's a 50% chance of the offspring having the same nature.

ajim

Zzoram said:
Will the inevitable GAF Pokemon tournaments have any sort of rules about what Pokemon are allowed and what moves? For example are Legendaries banned?

If Legendaries aren't allowed I won't bother to EV train them
Search for the old tournament thread, dude. All the rules are contained therein. But yes, legendaries are banned.

Mafro

Managed to trade my Panpour for a lv.1 Oshawott in the GTS and it' has a goddamn nickname.

I hate nicknaming Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom