• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SolarPowered said:
I just realized that this is an OT2 thread.

holy crap

The first OT had about 4600 posts but we decided it would be best to start from a clean slate for the international launch. I mean, the tagline in the commercials is "Start from a new beginning" after all.

DMG-01

Andrex said:
Did they ever really confirm that? We won't know until he gets to Opelucid City, unless they already had whats his face show up in the Japanese version by now.
No, but I just assumed it because Iris didn't recognize any of the other gym leaders (Although, Dent hasn't recognized any gym leaders either. :/) and she only has one dragon pokemon who only knows one move.

goldensun

Andrex said:
I reeeeeeeeaally would hate to do this but if you're definitely not going to use your Master Ball, I'd definitely trade your a Pokerus-infested Pokemon for keeps. If you're planning on using it then nevermind, I'll give it to you anyways.
I'd be happy to give you my masterball for a pokerus poke. It can be any poke :) I like a challenge when it comes to capturing so I usually never use the masterball anyway.

FC: 3739 9411 8726 :)

PS: To spread the pokerus, you have the pokemon in your party and just go into a battle right? Also, if I keep a pokemon with the virus in my inbox will it go away?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DMG-01 said:
No, but I just assumed it because Iris didn't recognize any of the other gym leaders (Although, Dent hasn't recognized any gym leaders either. :/) and she only has one dragon pokemon who only knows one move.

True, but it could play out any way they want.

JVIDICAN

goldensun said:
PS: To spread the pokerus, you have the pokemon in your party and just go into a battle right? Also, if I keep a pokemon with the virus in my inbox will it go away?
Yep, and as long as you get the infected pokemon into a pc within 24 hours of receiving it the pokerus will still be active.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
goldensun said:
I'd be happy to give you my masterball for a pokerus poke. It can be any poke :) I like a challenge when it comes to capturing so I usually never use the masterball anyway.

FC: 3739 9411 8726 :)

Pokerus will never go away once it has infected a Pokemon. However, its ability to spread will be taken away after the clock hits midnight. You can indeed prevent this from happening by leaving it in a PC box or at the Day-Care.

Yeah, to spread it, just have it in your party. I usually put it in the first slot, and it usually infects the second very quickly (after a battle or two.) You can even run from the battle and it will spread.

I'm getting on now. 1764 2003 2436

You should add yourself to the Friend Code spreadsheet linked in the OP. Full list here.

goldensun

JVIDICAN said:
Yep, and as long as you get the infected pokemon into a pc within 24 hours of receiving it the pokerus will still be active.
Thanks! Last time I was so into the games was during the release of D/P. That's when I really got into EV training and such.

I didn't really feel as much a spark in HG/SS, hell I didn't even make it past the elite four the first time...

Andrex said:
Pokerus will never go away once it has infected a Pokemon. However, its ability to spread will be taken away after the clock hits midnight. You can indeed prevent this from happening by leaving it in a PC box or at the Day-Care.

Yeah, to spread it, just have it in your party. I usually put it in the first slot, and it usually infects the second very quickly (after a battle or two.) You can even run from the battle and it will spread.

I'm getting on now. 1764 2003 2436

You should add yourself to the Friend Code spreadsheet linked in the OP. Full list here.
Thank you so much! I added my info. to the list and added you. I'll go on right now :)

Andrex said:
True, but it could play out any way they want.
Or, they could pull an Emerald and have some random Rico Suave as the eighth gym leader.

And then have Drayden and Iris be double battle Champions
:O

So I was just thinking, couldn't you evolve a stone evolving poke (vulpix for example) after they hit level 100, thus skipping all of the extra EXP that is needed to level the evolved form to 100? I feel like that would be way too easy.

IcedTea

Don't suppose anyone has a Scyther or Gible? Don't have too much to give... all of the fire starters, Zorua, Aerodactyl, Metang. Not much else that's worth anything.

4942 5005 9196

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
IcedTea said:
Don't suppose anyone has a Scyther or Gible? Don't have too much to give... all of the fire starters, Zorua, Aerodactyl, Metang. Not much else that's worth anything.

4942 5005 9196

Gimme a sec to breed them and sure.

D-Pad

Pokerus... I transferred some Pokemon with from Platinum that had Pokerus and now they are no longer contagious. Maybe it had to do with traveling through time, but I found that a little disappointing, and now I have to wait for it all over again.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sutton Dagger said:
So I finally beat the Elite 4 and was all excited to go to White Forest...WTF there is absolutely nothing there?

You have to visit it and talk to everybody every day to get the rarer items.

xSL4INx

D-Pad said:
Pokerus... I transferred some Pokemon with from Platinum that had Pokerus and now they are no longer contagious. Maybe it had to do with traveling through time, but I found that a little disappointing, and now I have to wait for it all over again.

I've got some spare guys that are still contagious that I could trade if you're interested?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind said:
Ok, just got my FC if Andrex would like to give me a baby Axew. :D

4985-4817-2871

Just to double check, that's one with Dragon Pulse and good Attack and Speed IVs, right?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind said:

Hrm I forgot, I don't have the power items yet... oops. Let's see if I have enough BP... I might just be able to get the two needed...

If that is the case then I'll have it after I'm done trading with IcedTea.

Edit- You know Dragon Pulse is a special move right?

Andrex said:
Hrm I forgot, I don't have the power items yet... oops. Let's see if I have enough BP... I might just be able to get the two needed...

If that is the case then I'll have it after I'm done trading with IcedTea.
Cool!

Guess I will smack around some random Pokemon until then. Was shocked to know how long it would take to get everything set up. o_O

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind said:
Cool!

Guess I will smack around some random Pokemon until then. Was shocked to know how long it would take to get everything set up. o_O

Are you sure Dragon Pulse is the move you want? It's special.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
IcedTea I got your 'mons, my FC is in the Google Doc. I'll be on shortly.

Black-Wind said:
It's the only Dragon type egg move I know of. But looking at it's moves it learns Dual Chop early so it doesn't really matter.

It also learns it at level 41. I wonder, can Heart Scales be used to make a Pokemon learn a move early? Hrm...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Huh? You can only learn moves that you have forgotten.

Drats. Then I'll have to breed with one of my other dragons then breed that with a Ditto twice...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ahh I had the exact amount of BP required, and I have a male Deino with Dragon Pulse and a female Haxorus handy. This might not be too bad.

xSL4INx

D-Pad said:
Whoops! I'm sorry, are you still here?

Edit - Thank you very much! Sorry for the wait. :)

Not a problem!

I'll be up for a little bit, Does anyone need any help with trading anything? Pokerus?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Got your Axew, Black-Wind.

Axew ♂
Lonely Nature
HP: 20, 21
Attack: 31
Defense: 0, 1
Special Attack: 26, 27
Special Defense: 31
Speed: 31

Scratch
Dragon Pulse
-
-

It also has the active version of Pokerus.

Andrex said:
Got your Axew, Black-Wind.

Axew ♂
Lonely Nature
HP: 20, 21
Attack: 31
Defense: 0, 1
Special Attack: 26, 27
Special Defense: 31
Speed: 31

Scratch
Dragon Pulse
-
-

It also has the active version of Pokerus.
Great, Thanks! Gotta jump in a center.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OK, getting on now.

Man, Axew eggs are rough. I only bred for two eggs (got lucky, I didn't have to "manually" pass down the Attack IV resulting in a third egg) but those two did take what felt like forever.

Just a word of warning, Lonely buffs up Attack at the expense of Defense. And if you notice, this Axew has virtually no Defense IVs. Just something to keep in mind.

Andrex said:
OK, getting on now.

Man, Axew eggs are rough. I only bred for two eggs (got lucky, I didn't have to "manually" pass down the Attack IV resulting in a third egg) but those two did take what felt like forever.

Just a word of warning, Lonely buffs up Attack at the expense of Defense. And if you notice, this Axew has virtually no Defense IVs. Just something to keep in mind.
Wow, must have took some time o_O

Thanks for the effort though! Not a problem.
And thanks again for the trade! :D
Dewott is about to get a giant FU ... flinching at every damn bite >_>

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Heh stick with him, he's a great starter.

Well now that I have two power items I guess I should start breeding my team for the tourney...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Btw the Battle Institute is fantastic for checking IVs quickly. I'm saying audios to the Rare Candy method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom