• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

DMG-01 said:
I've wondered about this myself. According to the anime, Black should be canon because Iris isn't a gym leader, but I don't think the anime has authority over the games' canon.
Nothing about the anime is canon.
For example in the first episode of the Black and White series Zekrom shows up. According to either of games, neither Reshiram nor Zekrom should be around yet.

ColtraineGF said:
You can catch it in HG, though. It's at lv. 70, in the Whirl Islands.

Unless you knew that in getting HG :S

In any case, glad to help.
I actually didn't! Sweet in that case I may have to start my old adventure now.

vall03

guys any tips on Entralink? Im trying to talk to the people in White Forest but they dont want to go to my Black City. Anything wrong with what Im doing? I really need these people for evo stones...

Electivirus said:
The fuck?
profholly.png

Roto13

JVIDICAN said:
Is that so? :eek:
Weekends are kind of a bad time for me to be online a lot. :p I have a couple of shiny Eevees I got from that cloned Pokemon server, and a couple of regular Eevees I bred. I should actually be online long enough to trade today. :p

Roto13

Hitlersaurus Christ said:
I have traded patrat eggs for the following over gts negotiations: a shiny murkrow, a tepig, and a japanese terrakion.

am i a terrible person?
The Murkrow and Terrakion are probably hacked.

Roto13 said:
The Murkrow and Terrakion are probably hacked.
The Terrakion was from a different trainer than the one who traded it to me, who was American. It was also at the level you get it. The Murkrow... Well, I guess it could be. There's nothing special about it aside from the color, though.

NEO0MJ

Hitlersaurus Christ said:
The Terrakion was from a different trainer than the one who traded it to me, who was American. It was also at the level you get it. The Murkrow... Well, I guess it could be. There's nothing special about it aside from the color, though.

Most of the time hackers give away shiny pokemon.

xSL4INx

Wiseblade said:
Blaziken got banned? Yeah, I guess I'm not playing OU this Gen...

Link? Edit: NVM found it, but why?

I didn't know people still used Blaziken........I've been using Infernape like crazy in competitive.

Vhalyar

xSL4INx said:
Link? Edit: NVM found it, but why?

I didn't know people still used Blaziken........I've been using Infernape like crazy in competitive.
Because of its Dream World ability, Speed Boost.
On Ninjask it wasn't worth much because Ninjask is already stupidly fast and doesn't hit hard. Blaziken though hits like a truck and is held back by speed... guess what Speed Boost does :p

e: And unlike the third Speed Booster, Yanmega, Blaziken gets a whole bunch of extremely powerful attacks (100+ BP, two of them have STAB)

tim1138

Can someone explain Black City to me? I beat the game and went there, yet there were no people or buildings I could enter outside of the Pokemon Center. What do I have to do to get trainers there?

Double D

About to start the elite 4. Team:
Samurott
Klinklang
Unfezant
Gigalith
Darmanitan
Krookodile

Does this look good or is there some glorious 'Mon that I should have?

Vhalyar

tim1138 said:
Can someone explain Black City to me? I beat the game and went there, yet there were no people or buildings I could enter outside of the Pokemon Center. What do I have to do to get trainers there?
Connect with other players locally and convince their NPCs to come to your game. If you don't have anyone locally then you're pretty much screwed out of that aspect of the game.

What was the whole Blaziken thing again?

Send him out, use Protect to get a free turn of Speed+1 to exploit his moves?

I wonder what Blaziken's usage looked like before the ban...

Oh excuse me, before being 'kicked up the stairs' to Uber, to be clear

What do you guys mean by banned? I can still use him in all the Wi-Fi online battles. Also it is possible to get Legit Japanese Pokemon from the GTS with the Dream World abilities? I want a Dragonite, but not sure how i would find out before the trade?

Gillian Seed said:
What do you guys mean by banned? I can still use him in all the Wi-Fi online battles. Also it is possible to get Legit Japanese Pokemon from the GTS with the Dream World abilities? I want a Dragonite, but not sure how i would find out before the trade?
Smogon

Vhalyar

vall03 said:
meh, I dont play tiers... kinda breaks the purpose of team building...
Technically tiers allow all pokemon to shine. If you like Beedrill you've got an entire bracket where the little guy can be effective. Otherwise he'll get munched and walled and turned impotent by the critters with superior stats and movepools, on top of the legendaries (see: Nintendo contests).

I used to get raged at all the time on wifi battle because I didn't follow Smogon.

hatersgonnahatepokemon.gif

Tournaments and such, fair play, but unless you have established rules prior to a random battle, it's all fair play as far as I'm concerned.

That being said, organized battles are so much better than randoms.

vall03

Vhalyar said:
Technically tiers allow all pokemon to shine. If you like Beedrill you've got an entire bracket where the little guy can be effective. Otherwise he'll get munched and walled and turned impotent by the critters with superior stats and movepools, on top of the legendaries (see: Nintendo contests).
well yeah, but still, I find that playing with tiers feels so limited. Its not really about outmatching the opponent, but rather using the Pokemon I like. Then theres the next problem wherein everyone just uses the same Pokemon from a predefined set. Overall, that play style is not for me...

Vhalyar

Blue_Gecko said:
Tournaments and such, fair play, but unless you have established rules prior to a random battle, it's all fair play as far as I'm concerned.

That being said, organized battles are so much better than randoms.
Of course. Anyone playing online randoms that expects their opponent to follow a set of rules not enforced by the game is absolutely retarded.

vall03 said:
well yeah, but still, I find that playing with tiers feels so limited. Its not really about outmatching the opponent, but rather using the Pokemon I like. Then theres the next problem wherein everyone just uses the same Pokemon from a predefined set. Overall, that play style is not for me...
If all you're doing is playing with friends or randoms then of course you're not bound by any rules. Personally when playing with friends I still find the tiers a good benchmark; I'm not going to pull out my sandstorm KILL BLOOD MURDER team on a friend who doesn't know what IVs are :p

But comparing Nintendo tournaments to matches based on Smogon tiers... yeah, you really see why it has a place.

vall03 said:

Agreed. I love Blastoise, even though he is supposedly not that good. I have won several battles with his tankish defenses, running with Counter and Mirror Coat. But in the end it's all about having fun. :)

xSL4INx

I suppose speed boost helps him out, but he is in general outclassed by Infernape.

Besides, OU staples like Gyarados and
Garchomp (lol)
with speed based natures still outspeed a +1 speed boost Blaziken.

tim1138

Vhalyar said:
Connect with other players locally and convince their NPCs to come to your game. If you don't have anyone locally then you're pretty much screwed out of that aspect of the game.

My wife has White... but I doubt you can do it all with just one other person. Lame.

Vhalyar

tim1138 said:
My wife has White... but I doubt you can do it all with just one other person. Lame.
You can't really "do it all" technically since there's more NPCs than what your city can contain (max of 10), but with one of each game it should be possible to max out the number of citizens.

Boogiepop

...Damnit. Blaziken was finally supposed to take its place back from Infernape, but it had to do it just a little too well. Poor Blaziken can't catch a break :|

shaowebb

OKAY I CALL HACKS!

One of the elite four should be immediately banned from competing in the pokemon league for using hacked pokemon.

Why?

He has a lvl 50 Bisharp.

PAWNIARDS DONT EVOLVE INTO BISHARPS THAT EARLY!

Plus I'm pretty certain that Haxorus was hacked in the next to last gym as well. I don't think those exist at that low of a level either.

Cheatin ass pokemon league is using hacked pokemon. I'm about to have my wife IR trade me my old box full of EEVEE-lutions to put the fear of God back in these guys.

Gravijah

shaowebb said:
OKAY I CALL HACKS!

One of the elite four should be immediately banned from competing in the pokemon league for using hacked pokemon.

Why?

He has a lvl 50 Bisharp.

Plus I'm pretty certain that Haxorus was hacked in the next to last gym as well. I don't think those exist at that low of a level either.

Cheatin ass pokemon league is using hacked pokemon. I'm about to have my wife IR trade me my old box full of EEVEE-lutions to put the fear of God back in these guys.

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Smogon's tier system makes sense most of the time. Then they occasionally go and ban/unban random shit.

I'd still take that over official Nintendo tournaments out of principle though.

tim1138

Vhalyar said:
You can't really "do it all" technically since there's more NPCs than what your city can contain (max of 10), but with one of each game it should be possible to max out the number of citizens.

Oh, nice. I figured it'd be like DQ9's tag mode where you needed 30 unique tags to max out your Inn or something equally impossible to pull off in NA.

shaowebb said:
OKAY I CALL HACKS!

Why?

He has a lvl 50 Bisharp.

Level 54 Hydreigon feeds on your tears!

D-Pad

FUCKING HELL BATTLE SUBWAY!

Lost the sixth battle in the doubles AGAIN! Shit be tripping with all those critical hits and OHKOs!

a6zpx.jpg

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
Weekends are kind of a bad time for me to be online a lot. :p I have a couple of shiny Eevees I got from that cloned Pokemon server, and a couple of regular Eevees I bred. I should actually be online long enough to trade today. :p
lol finally! I'd love a shiny eevee if you have a spare. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom