• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murkas

It keeps saying communicating with you but thats it, I'm on full green bars :/

Gonna reset my router, incase it's from my end.

Roto13

Murkas said:
It keeps saying communicating with you but thats it, I'm on full green bars :/

Gonna reset my router, incase it's from my end.
Just leaving the room and coming back should be enough.

Wiseblade

mazeedibeedi said:
Depends. How long did it take you to get that Nature/IV's?
about 10 mins of SRing. I'm using a Master ball and a Jolly Syncronzer so I could try for a better speed, but I'm so lazy...

JADS said:
Did they completely ban Blaziken or just Dreamworld Blaziken?

If one is banned, they all are banned.

I can't wait for Firestorm to come here and flame me for critising the Smogon tiering precess without even trying to contribute. And rightly so, too.

JADS

Wiseblade said:
about 10 mins of SRing. I'm using a Master ball and a Jolly Syncronzer so I could try for a better speed, but I'm so lazy...

I can't wait for Firestorm to come here and flame me for critising the Smogon tiering precess without even trying to contribute. And rightly so, too.

Thats kinda excessive in my opinion, why ban the entire Pokémon if only an ability is causing the problem. I am sure those guys have their reasons though.

Wiseblade said:

I see. It has good IV's where it's needed.
Also, I've looked up Dream World on Bulbapedia and Serebii and I still don't get how one can get a Blaziken with Speed Boost if you can't find Torchic in the Dream World. Do GF update the servers with new mons?

D-Pad

Anyone here to do a trade-tradeback with me? I'll trade-tradeback my shinies for your Pokedex:

Celebi
Manaphy and Phioni
Regigigas
Heatran (stupid me forgot to catch it before clearing everything out :\ )

And I'll lend you:
Shiny Snivy
Shiny Tangela
Shiny Liloone
Shiny Starly
(That's all I got :( )

Also wondering if someone could trade me (for keeps)
Glameow
Stunky
Magma (or Magby)
Aron (thought I had another one but nope...)
Snorunt
Bagon
Spirit Tomb
Skorupi
Vullaby

Roto13

D-Pad said:
Anyone here to do a trade-tradeback with me? I'll trade-tradeback my shinies for your Pokedex:

Celebi
Manaphy and Phioni
Regigigas
Heatran (stupid me forgot to catch it before clearing everything out :\ )

And I'll lend you:
Shiny Snivy
Shiny Tangela
Shiny Liloone
Shiny Starly
(That's all I got :( )

Also wondering if someone could trade me (for keeps)
Glameow
Stunky
Magma (or Magby)
Aron (thought I had another one but nope...)
Snorunt
Bagon
Spirit Tomb
Skorupi
Vullaby
Pick, let's say, three of those and I'll breed them for you right now. :p

I can also lend you those legendaries for the Pokedex data.

Aad

Just completed the story. Going to now start my real adventure. I'm not fussed about building a team for competitive battling just yet.

I'm going to fill up my boxes with every single Pokémon starting from the Bulbasaur that I just transferred over from my Soul Silver. Looking forward to the inevitable trading with you guys <3

Wiseblade

JADS said:
Thats kinda excessive in my opinion, why ban the entire Pokémon if only an ability is causing the problem. I am sure those guys have their reasons though.

It's about keeping the rulings simple. While you could program a simulator to enforce whatever rules you like, it's a lot harder to enforce "Move/Ability X is banned on Pokémon Y" in-game.

Double D

-Pyromaniac- said:
I just caught a sawk in pinwheel forest, should I be happy? Worth using?

Well, he doesn't have an evolution, and I'm a sucker for evolving Mons. He seems to have a pretty good moveset though.

Miutsu

Aad said:
Just completed the story. Going to now start my real adventure. I'm not fussed about building a team for competitive battling just yet.

I'm going to fill up my boxes with every single Pokémon starting from the Bulbasaur that I just transferred over from my Soul Silver. Looking forward to the inevitable trading with you guys <3

I've been doing this as well since Ruby and I'm currently playing through Black's story. After I beat that I'll import all 493 mons and focus only on getting the new ones (luckily since now I dont have the time I used to).

When I get to finish the story I'll start being active in this thread for the trades and such since I don't wanna spoil myself :p (More than I have anyway).

Roto13

D-Pad said:
Oops, didn't mean to cancel. Not that it mattered anyway. :p

edit - Thank you very much, Roto!
I forgot about Heatran for a minute and cancelled out, and I couldn't uncancel without you cancelling first. So that's how that works. :p And you're very welcome.

Roto13

D-Pad said:
I would have forgotten too had my lovely belly druming Linu not been on the other side. :p
I could have sworn I had already given that back. :p Was I trying to send that to you when we got disconnected? That would explain it. :p

D-Pad

Roto13 said:
I could have sworn I had already given that back. :p Was I trying to send that to you when we got disconnected? That would explain it. :p

Yeah, when I was trying to send back Regigigas the first time. The cutscene finished but I guess the information wasn't saved yet. :\

Thanks again, Roto! Now all I need to find are:
Glameow
Stunky
Magma (or Magby)
Snorunt
Bagon
Vullaby

None of the trainers in-game have a Vullaby? For reals?

tim1138

D-Pad said:
Yeah, when I was trying to send back Regigigas the first time. The cutscene finished but I guess the information wasn't saved yet. :\

Glameow
Stunky
Magma (or Magby)
Snorunt
Bagon
Vullaby

I have a couple spare Vullaby's, I can throw one your way later on this evening if you like.

Nayishiki

D-Pad said:

Glameow
Stunky
Magma (or Magby)
Snorunt
Bagon
Vullaby

I can give you Magby, Glameow, Snorunt, Bagon and Stunky.

Wiseblade

JVIDICAN said:
So.. about the smogon bans. Are they decided on by the community as a whole, or are there certain people in charge of it?

MatthewB92 said:
The mods vote for it.

It used to be like that, but about halfway through Gen IV someone rightfully decided that the tiering system should be opened up to a vote by people who can prove themselves knowledgeable about the metagame by performing above a certain level. However it turns out these best and brightest can't balance to save their lives.

JVIDICAN

MatthewB92 said:
The mods vote for it.
So stuff like this would be prevented for the most part right? :p
28ivw9k.jpg

Seriously, if you feel overwhelmed or irritated at all by the competitive metagame, just completely ignore it. It can be VERY PETTY and often is a frustrating uphill battle for newcomers. It's easy to get burnt out by wading into the torrential downpour of information from Serebii, Smogon and Bulbapedia.

So just forget about it. You can still have fun with Pokemon and you can still battle people and enjoy competition without trying to subscribe to the crazy lengths people go to in creating a perfect team.

Just arrange battles and trade and have fun with people on GAF. No one here will put you down for not EV-training or try and pull a fast one and power play you. Just enjoy the game for what it is to you and do what makes it fun.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Green Scar said:
Don't worry, Smogon are ASSHOLES, but we're awesome. Do you want to be awesome? don't stop being awesome

Yeah and even Firestorm's tourney doesn't care about the tier list, and he's the most hardcore Smogoner here now that Jiggy and 645 don't post anymore.

Einbroch

Banned
Blue_Gecko said:
Seriously, if you feel overwhelmed or irritated at all by the competitive metagame, just completely ignore it. It can be VERY PETTY and often is a frustrating uphill battle for newcomers. It's easy to get burnt out by wading into the torrential downpour of information from Serebii, Smogon and Bulbapedia.

So just forget about it. You can still have fun with Pokemon and you can still battle people and enjoy competition without trying to subscribe to the crazy lengths people go to in creating a perfect team.

Just arrange battles and trade and have fun with people on GAF. No one here will put you down for not EV-training or try and pull a fast one and power play you. Just enjoy the game for what it is to you and do what makes it fun.
I'm trying, but I can't. I'm not knocking the game at all, it's fantastic! Just I don't have the time or willpower to get into another metagame like this. I'm a huge MMO fan, and min-maxing is in my blood. This game has min-maxing within min-maxing. Moods/temperaments/whatever, breeding, Effort Point Value thingies...just too much. There's always that nagging feeling in the back of my head that I'm not doing this right, that I shouldn't be fighting this pokemon, that maybe I caught an inferior pokemon...

Just can't. But Black/White is a great game, especially when I haven't played since Ruby/Sapphire. Giving it to my brother, he eats these games up!

Roto13

Einbroch said:
I'm trying, but I can't. I'm not knocking the game at all, it's fantastic! Just I don't have the time or willpower to get into another metagame like this. I'm a huge MMO fan, and min-maxing is in my blood. This game has min-maxing within min-maxing. Moods/temperaments/whatever, breeding, Effort Point Value thingies...just too much. There's always that nagging feeling in the back of my head that I'm not doing this right, that I shouldn't be fighting this pokemon, that maybe I caught an inferior pokemon...

Just can't. But Black/White is a great game, especially when I haven't played since Ruby/Sapphire. Giving it to my brother, he eats these games up!
Get help.

Gravijah

I'm pretty obsessive about min-maxing in games, but after MMOs and tons of RPGs I just play Pokemon as a getaway from my usual obsessiveness.

Electivirus said:
Purrloin is terrible, and anyone who uses it should feel terrible as well.

Awesome design. Shitty Poke.

Einbroch said:

Been there done that, man. I pretty much stay away from all forms of MMO now because of the long dark road it led me down before. I may make an exception for Old Republic and Diablo III. But yeah man, you need to take some time and get away from the hardcore aspect of these games. Continuing that way never ends up well.
Andrex said:
Yeah and even Firestorm's tourney doesn't care about the tier list, and he's the most hardcore Smogoner here now that Jiggy and 645 don't post anymore.
Aw man, what ever happened to Sixfortyfive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom