• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

enPjI.jpg

And it only took 150 hours and 37 minutes. This is the first time since Red I've completed the Pokedex. Thanks, PokeGAF. I certainly couldn't have done it without you.

And now I don't know what to do with my time. :p

Izayoi

Banned
Einbroch said:
I read all the stuff on the last page and now I don't want to play this anymore. :(
Smogon is a tiny percentage of Pokemon players. The place is a hellhole. You could not know about their existence and you would be better off.

Please don't let them scare you away. :(

You're seriously giving up the game because of some people who don't matter? Dude...

Gravijah

Congrats! I've decided I'm going to wait to complete my Pokedex in either Grey or the RSE remakes. Probably Grey. I want to keep my sanity right now.

UberTag

Holy Order Sol said:
The game doesn't take those in consideration when checking for Pokédex completion.
Does that also go for event Pokemon from previous gens? Or just the ones not released yet?

Roto13 said:
http://i.imgur.com/enPjI.jpg[IMG]

And it only took 150 hours and 37 minutes. This is the first time since Red I've completed the Pokedex. Thanks, PokeGAF. I certainly couldn't have done it without you.

And now I don't know what to do with my time. :P[/QUOTE]
Congratulations man!

[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/Draikette/random%20stuff/sillypokemon.gif

Pretty solid achievement there. Anything exciting happen in game when you get the last entry?

vall03

really?! damn! Im already at 551 and all thats left for me are for some Pokemon to evolve and some pre-evos! 646 here I come!

Zozz

Banned
I'm getting back into pokemon with White and I just got into trading and I was wondering if anyone would trade me a Skorupi or Drapion? I don't know what I can offer and I'm not looking for anything specific.

I put my name on the OP list but here is my FC for anyone interested. 0046 2230 9692

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Roto13 said:

Good job! It took me double that in SoulSilver. >_<

I'm close to getting it in White now too.

UberTag said:
Does that also go for event Pokemon from previous gens? Or just the ones not released yet?

I really don't know. I remember how Mew didn't count in Gen 1 and both Mew and Celebi didn't count in Gen 2 so I'd assume things haven't changed, but I've never actually tried to fill the Pokédex since then.

Einbroch

Banned
Izayoi said:
Smogon is a tiny percentage of Pokemon players. The place is a hellhole. You could not know about their existence and you would be better off.

Please don't let them scare you away. :(

You're seriously giving up the game because of some people who don't matter? Dude...
I'll dip back in. No no, I'm not. There's always elitists in games. Those people don't effect me at all. I think it's funny, to be honest. It's just how deep this game can be and it's simply intimidating. Throw in the fact that I always min-max in games where stats are involved and it's just not something I want to put that much time into.

That said, I'll give it another go and just try to let go of my OCD side and try to have...gasp...fun. :p

Roto13

Blue_Gecko said:
Congratulations man!

sillypokemon.gif

Pretty solid achievement there. Anything exciting happen in game when you get the last entry?
Not really. Your trainer card turns pink and you can go to the Game Freak building and get that certificate, but there are no fireworks or anything. :p

Oh, by the way. After all of that, I've STILL never seen a shiny in the wild!

Articalys

I'm not even close to ever considering competitive battling anytime soon and I like it that way.

At this point in the postgame I've decided, after filling out some spots in the regional dex, to stop dicking around and level up enough to beat
Alder and Cynthia
, matching my usual immediate postgame goal of defeating the strongest trainer in the game.
(and actually getting into Hall of Fame since you don't the first time through lol)

After that, I think I have a reasonable shot at finishing the regional dex if I can find someone willing to let me get a fleeting ownership of Reshiram and either do the same for Landrus & Tornadus or just borrow the latter for a bit to catch my own of the former. I hate how so many Pokemon level up so goddamn late. Is the quickest strategy there to breed a baby of the line, then lucky egg+giant chasm audino it to gain like 40+ levels at once?

Then... dunno if I have the fortitude to maintain the ridiculous winstreaks you need to advance in the Battle Subway.

By the way, did people figure out the Mystery Gift/Relocator phrases from some official source or from just combing through the game's files?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Articalys said:
I'm not even close to ever considering competitive battling anytime soon and I like it that way.

At this point in the postgame I've decided, after filling out some spots in the regional dex, to stop dicking around and level up enough to beat
Alder and Cynthia
, matching my usual immediate postgame goal of defeating the strongest trainer in the game.
(and actually getting into Hall of Fame since you don't the first time through lol)

After that, I think I have a reasonable shot at finishing the regional dex if I can find someone willing to let me get a fleeting ownership of Reshiram and either do the same for Landrus & Tornadus or just borrow the latter for a bit to catch my own of the former. I hate how so many Pokemon level up so goddamn late. Is the quickest strategy there to breed a baby of the line, then lucky egg+giant chasm audino it to gain like 40+ levels at once?

Then... dunno if I have the fortitude to maintain the ridiculous winstreaks you need to advance in the Battle Subway.

By the way, did people figure out the Mystery Gift/Relocator phrases from some official source or from just combing through the game's files?

They're usually on the official websites when there's an event. Like this one for Zoroark's event.

tim1138

D-Pad said:
Aw damn it! I had to run out and it took longer than expected. Are you still here?

tim1138, are you still here?

Ok I'm in the WiFi room now.
I'm not looking for anything, you can just have the Vullaby (unless you have a spare Solosis).

D-Pad

Thank you, both! Connecting now. I'll contact tim1138 first since we've only 1 trade.

... If Wi-Fi would act right. :\

-edit, I'll have catch you a Solaris tim1138. :p

Electivirus said:
Purrloin is terrible, and anyone who uses it should feel terrible as well.
I told myself I'd replace it the first chance I capture a new Pokémon. Then I got a Tympole when I already had a Panpour.

Also, is there a Gen V equivalent of Ditto? I want to breed some stuff to get more of the Starters/Elemental Monkeys.

tim1138

D-Pad said:
Thank you, both! Connecting now. I'll contact tim1138 first since we've only 1 trade.

... If Wi-Fi would act right. :\

This is my first time using WiFi for B/W. Seems kind of shaky... I'm back in the room though.

shaowebb said:
OKAY I CALL HACKS!

One of the elite four should be immediately banned from competing in the pokemon league for using hacked pokemon.

Why?

He has a lvl 50 Bisharp.

PAWNIARDS DONT EVOLVE INTO BISHARPS THAT EARLY!

Plus I'm pretty certain that Haxorus was hacked in the next to last gym as well. I don't think those exist at that low of a level either.

Cheatin ass pokemon league is using hacked pokemon. I'm about to have my wife IR trade me my old box full of EEVEE-lutions to put the fear of God back in these guys.

Whoops realised what I said quite awhile after I said it.

Roto13 said:

Nice work dude! That e-certificate is actually pretty stylish. : P

I just beat the 3rd gym and now my team 3 main pokemon are Dewott, Scraggy, and Archen. I hope the other 2 other than my starter are good enough to keep for the whole game, haven't been following actual pokemon stuff because I tried my best to go in semi-fresh.

But man it really sucks how few fire pokemon there have been so far...pansear sucks and darumaka seems ok.

Roto13

The Broken Ska Record said:
I told myself I'd replace it the first chance I capture a new Pokémon. Then I got a Tympole when I already had a Panpour.

Also, is there a Gen V equivalent of Ditto? I want to breed some stuff to get more of the Starters/Elemental Monkeys.
Ditto is the Gen V equivalent of Ditto.

Octorockin' said:
Nice work dude! That e-certificate is actually pretty stylish. : P
It's the background on my phone right now. :p

Blu_LED said:
Aren't there event Pokemon in B/W that Nintendo hasn't officially given out yet? So how would you be able to complete the PokeDex?
They don't count.

quabba

-Pyromaniac- said:
I just beat the 3rd gym and now my team 3 main pokemon are Dewott, Scraggy, and Archen. I hope the other 2 other than my starter are good enough to keep for the whole game, haven't been following actual pokemon stuff because I tried my best to go in semi-fresh.

But man it really sucks how few fire pokemon there have been so far...pansear sucks and darumaka seems ok.

That's a nice team, your not wasting your time with them, keep darumaka for a while too he's worth the investment. Also winter is next month and youll need his droppings to keep warm.

quabba

I guess that could work, but I want to wait until I at least get a bike, or something.

You can't breed anything before you get the bike anyway, but it's either find females until the postgame or trade in a ditto.

Ketch

Beat the first gym and I caught a wild mannu... putting shit to sleep is awesome, feels OP. I just put them to sleep with Kirby then switch out for my grass monkey and charge him up repeatedly till they wake up and then boom! headshot... with a blade of grass... but still cool.

Roto13

EasyTGT said:
Beat the first gym and I caught a wild mannu... putting shit to sleep is awesome, feels OP. I just put them to sleep with Kirby then switch out for my grass monkey and charge him up repeatedly till they wake up and then boom! headshot... with a blade of grass... but still cool.
A Musharna (evolved Munna) is a regular part of my team for some reason. It's... very, very slow.

maxxpower

So what do you guys think of Druddigon? I heard that he's pretty much the worst Dragon Pokemon ever. I caught one last night and have been training it and he doesn't seem all that bad.

Roto13

Oh. I ran into the Day Care Center, so I assumed I'd be able to breed right away.
Nope. You can only leave one Pokemon right away. Eventually you run into the Day Care Center Man and he gives you a bike and runs off to the Day Care Center to rub monz together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom