• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roto13 said:
G]http://i.imgur.com/enPjI.jpg[/IMG]

And it only took 150 hours and 37 minutes. This is the first time since Red I've completed the Pokedex. Thanks, PokeGAF. I certainly couldn't have done it without you.

And now I don't know what to do with my time. :p

Congrats!

vall03 said:
really?! damn! Im already at 551 and all thats left for me are for some Pokemon to evolve and some pre-evos! 646 here I come!

Nice, I just passed 550 as of yesterday. My OCD has me collecting every pokemon though, not just catching and evolving. :( This means a lot of breeding and grinding for me...

I've easily averaged over 120 hours in each iteration of pokemon I've played through though. I should go back and total them up but I think I'm scared of the answer.
Pokemon Blue, Gold, Sapphire, Leaf Green, Diamond, White, Heart Gold.

(Missed heart gold so I'm taking it up now to grab the ones I'm missing in White. Definitely loving the L=A feature again :D)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
maxxpower said:
So what do you guys think of Druddigon? I heard that he's pretty much the worst Dragon Pokemon ever. I caught one last night and have been training it and he doesn't seem all that bad.

When every other dragon is practically an uber pseudo-legend, Druddigon seems quaint in comparisons. For in-game I'm sure it's fine though, I just went with Haxorus.

quabba said:
That's a nice team, your not wasting your time with them, keep darumaka for a while too he's worth the investment. Also winter is next month and youll need his droppings to keep warm.
lolwut droppings, winter, keep warm? what's going on. But for serious, is there any fire pokemon better than Darumaka that you don't get way too late in the game?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
-Pyromaniac- said:
lolwut droppings, winter, keep warm? what's going on. But for serious, is there any fire pokemon better than Darumaka that you don't get way too late in the game?

mwKcI.png

"Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm."

Roto13 said:
Nope. You can only leave one Pokemon right away. Eventually you run into the Day Care Center Man and he gives you a bike and runs off to the Day Care Center to rub monz together.
Ha ha. Awesome.

Also, rare spawns are amazing! I leveled up a few members of my team after only one battle. :D

Is it only the female, that passes down the Dream World ability? Plus if I choose one Eevee evolution, does that mean I can pretty much get the others by breeding that one?

quabba

-Pyromaniac- said:

I'm not crazy the pokedex told me to rub these dropping all over myself! I wish the pokedex gave more advice for post apocalyptic survival.

For fire types before I guess there's Vicinti or Litwick (candle), but otherwise Darumaka is the way to go.

quabba said:
That's a nice team, your not wasting your time with them, keep darumaka for a while too he's worth the investment. Also winter is next month and youll need his droppings to keep warm.
This is an awesome post.

quabba

mazeedibeedi said:
Is it only the female, that passes down the Dream World ability? Plus if I choose one Eevee evolution, does that mean I can pretty much get the others by breeding that one?

From Bulbapedia,

From Generation V, female Pokémon with Hidden Abilities have a 40% chance of passing on the Hidden Ability to their offspring. Ditto count as male for this purpose. For example, if a female Darmanitan with Zen Mode bred with a male Simisage, the offspring Darumaka may have Inner Focus instead of the usual Hustle and would evolve into a Darmanitan with Zen Mode, instead of Sheer Force.

quabba said:
From Bulbapedia,

From Generation V, female Pokémon with Hidden Abilities have a 40% chance of passing on the Hidden Ability to their offspring. Ditto count as male for this purpose. For example, if a female Darmanitan with Zen Mode bred with a male Simisage, the offspring Darumaka may have Inner Focus instead of the usual Hustle and would evolve into a Darmanitan with Zen Mode, instead of Sheer Force.
Cool. Thanks

JVIDICAN said:
I love how hackers make themselves obvious by using a full team of shinys. :p
I use a whole team of shinys in my DP games and I'm not a hacker, just a "shiny hunter" :p

It takes a long time but I love catching shinys in DP! Wish they didn't take out the radar ... wtf is up with that?

Anyone else find themselves amused at the new legendary encounter mechanics? Even if you faint the Pokemon, all you have to do is simply re-enter the area you encountered it and you can battle it again.

Just got to Liberty Island and I've been abusing Victini for some cheap exp.

JVIDICAN

Black-Wind said:
I use a whole team of shinys in my DP games and I'm not a hacker, just a "shiny hunter" :p

It takes a long time but I love catching shinys in DP! Wish they didn't take out the radar ... wtf is up with that?
I could see it being legit if there not all competitive favorites. :p

JVIDICAN

The Broken Ska Record said:
I remember trying to get a Charmander Shiny. I think I had 3 boxes filled with Charmanders. Ha ha.

To this day, I've yet to find a shiny in the wild.
I once had a shiny charizard. :'(
Best shiny ever.

Butane123

Alright, Super Single Line in Battle Subway hates me.

2nd fight in:

Altaria
Garchomp
Salamence

Terrakion took them all on without a problem. 4 rounds into this and I've hit 3 Salamence, 2 Garchomp, and a Hydreigon. Seems pretty crazy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Butane123 said:
Depends on what you want. Can't really go wrong with hydration Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Espeon.

I'll probably get an Espeon then since I tried training a Jolteon before and Hidden Power can go screw itself.

Gravijah

Sorry for the DP, but we should try to get at least one of all the Eeveelutions from the Dream World. Then we wouldn't have to worry about clones.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
I dunno, if everyone gets one of 'em. Whatever. :( You can only get one per game, right?
Yeah.

I still don't understand, though. Are you saying everyone get a different one so we can clone them or something?

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
Yeah.

I still don't understand, though. Are you saying everyone get a different one so we can clone them or something?

Well, that way if someone here wants a different one you can breed one for 'em without them having to go look for clones.

Edit: Wait, uh... how exactly do the dream world abilities pass onto Eevee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom