• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

Shiggie said:
how many levels are there? i keep losing on level 3 or 4.

Just got offered a Flareon. Don't know if want. :mad: Didn't know those things tallied up like that. MFML.

Taking Flareon anyway. The abilities pass down through breeding, correct?

Edit, yes:
Breeding mechanics
Female Pokémon with Hidden Abilities can pass on the Hidden Ability to their offspring. Ditto count as male for this purpose. For example, if a female Darmanitan with Zen Mode bred with a male Simisage, the offspring Darumaka may have Inner Focus instead of the usual Hustle and would evolve into a Darmanitan with Zen Mode, instead of Sheer Force. However, it should be noted that there is also a chance of not passing on the ability.
Bulbapedia

If it's a female, anyway...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Well, that way if someone here wants a different one you can breed one for 'em without them having to go look for clones.

Edit: Wait, uh... how exactly do the dream world abilities pass onto Eevee?

40% chance if it's female.

But I have a sneaking suspicion these will all be male, just because Game Freak is like that. >:/

Andrex said:
40% chance if it's female.

But I have a sneaking suspicion these will all be male, just because Game Freak is like that. >:/
Izayoi said:
Yeah, I'm willing to bet that they're male.
Don't Eevees have an 87.5% chance of being male? Even if they hand them out with realistic gender percentages, very few people will get females. :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You know I think I'll go with Leafeon. It's a Gen 4-er (soft spot <3) with a design I love and Chlorophyll seems like a super kickass ability.

8jSK3.png

Aww yeah. Now off to Smogon to tell me it sucks.

Edit- Also curse Gen 5 for not introducing Aireon.

Articalys

UltimateIke said:
Don't Eevees have an 87.5% chance of being male? Even if they hand them out with realistic gender percentages, very few people will get females. :(
I wonder, is the reason for both this and the starters being male-heavy so that they're hard to breed without Ditto, which are either midgame rare or postgame only?

zumphry

Banned
How many points do you have to get to get a Eeveelution, or how does that work? Got around 21,000 points in that Breakout game but only got a few credits. :/

D-Pad

ZayneH said:
How many points do you have to get to get a Eeveelution, or how does that work? Got around 21,000 points in that Breakout game but only got a few credits. :/

You just want me to breed you one?

Articalys said:
I wonder, is the reason for both this and the starters being male-heavy so that they're hard to breed without Ditto, which are either midgame rare or postgame only?
Seems likely.

ZayneH said:
You have to beat all four levels before it offers you one.

Gravijah

Gonna see if I can get one before I go to bed... gonna try for... Espeon, Jolteon or Vaporeon.

edit: this is gonna suck with a touchpad.

zumphry

Banned
UltimateIke said:
You have to beat all four levels before it offers you one.

Ah. That's why. Kept on running slowly even at low quality. :/

D-Pad said:
You just want me to breed you one?

Thanks, but I already bred all of the current Eeveelutions in my Diamond game. (plus I have like 20 other Eevees :s)

Ketch

How do you rename your pokemons if you skip the one chance they give you when you catch them? Does anybody actually do that anyway? ... what a lame ass question.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EasyTGT said:
How do you rename your pokemons if you skip the one chance they give you when you catch them? Does anybody actually do that anyway? ... what a lame ass question.

In Castelia City is the Name Rater, who will let you rename Pokemon which have your trainer ID (anything you've caught or bred in that game - traded Pokemon cannot be renamed.)

He's in the building alllllll the way on the northern-most street (past the park), in the building on the left.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
I'll probably get an Espeon then since I tried training a Jolteon before and Hidden Power can go screw itself.

Oh man, Breeding a Hidden Power Ice Jolteon was probably the worst thing ever. I must have gone through tons of eggs... I wouldn't wish that kind of torture on anybody.

Sometimes I think about trying again to get one with better speed. Then I save myself some time and bang my head against a wall.

EDIT: I'm going for Leafeon in the web game thingie.

Articalys

This is probably going to come across as a bit naive, but why is Hidden Power Ice such a desired move? Is is because it can means anyone can have an anti-dragon move?

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
This is probably going to come across as a bit naive, but why is Hidden Power Ice such a desired move? Is is because it can means anyone can have an anti-dragon move?
Counters Ground and Dragon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ah I updated the OP with the complete info for this event, and I kinda ran up against GAF's 24k character post limit... I was able to do some tweaking and get it all in there, but now I'm wondering where I should take the pruning sheers to.

yeb

Articalys said:
Hidden Power always seemed kinda lame to me. It's like a back door to an illegal move set that's only practical/sane to use if you're manually setting your IVs. Meaning, playing on a simulator or hacking. Of course, without it then Dragons would be that much better... and they would promptly get banned.

Wilsongt

About to take on the 7th gym. Yay for not having as much time as everyone else in this thread!

Anyway, current team:

497.png
Lv 39

565.png
Lv 38

578.png
Lv 39

555.png
Lv 38

603.png
Lv 39

552.png
Lv 38

Firestorm

yeb said:
Hidden Power always seemed kinda lame to me. It's like a back door to an illegal move set that's only practical/sane to use if you're manually setting your IVs. Meaning, playing on a simulator or hacking. Of course, without it then Dragons would be that much better... and they would promptly get banned.
Or abusing the Random Number Generator. Perfectly legal way of getting perfect Hidden Power now.

I haven't had time to play Black since last Sunday :( Been over a week!

fisheyes

Just completed that damn Dream World game after a gazillion attempts. By sheer luck I totally got the one I wanted most, too - Espeon is mine.

Roto13

You know, I've suddenly realized that the Dream World isn't going to be particularly great for me anyway, because my computer doesn't like flash. fml.
Gravijah said:
How annoying is it to breed a competitive Hitmontop? With how it evolves I think it would be a pain.
I didn't have the patience to breed a Hitmontop, period. I had to trade for one.

Regulus Tera said:
I just spent an hour sorting all the pokeymen in my boxes by national number. I hate what Pokeymanz has done to me.

I know, right? Next time I play a Pokemon game I'm setting up the boxes as soon as I start so I don't have to move everything around at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom