• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima_5

Can anyone give me a Snivy & Oshawott eggs? I just started Black version, and I'm only on the 3rd gym, so I don't really have anything good to trade... It would be greatly appreciated =)

FC - 1506 5591 0243 (I added it to the google docs, but here it is for convenience.)

How the hell does that damn flash game work?I mean it's break brake but how do I win? Doesn't help the paddle lags like crazy but the damn ball doesn't.

D-Pad

Roto13 said:
You know, I've suddenly realized that the Dream World isn't going to be particularly great for me anyway, because my computer doesn't like flash. fml.

Hopefully they learn HTML5.

@MatthewB92: You have to beat the fourth level.

@Ultima_5: I can get you a Snivy egg. brb

So I have been playing this game and am now on Victory Road. Since Pokemon games are usually easy, I decided to constrain myself on my first playthrough.
-all pre-evolves
-only Pokemon with base stat totals less than 350 (Gen I reference: 350 - Growlithe, 300 - Geodude/Poliwag, 680 - Mewtwo)
-I cannot grind. I cannot engage in any random Pokemon battles. Only trainer battles.
-No in-battle items.

498.png
Lv. 42 (nickname: Katie)...Tepig has 308 base stat totals
551.png
Lv. 40 (nickname: Wayne Brady)...Sandile has 302 base stat totals
Spr_5b_522.png
Lv. 42 (nickname: Cowgirl)...Blitzle has 295 base stat totals (almost all in speed unfortunately, which makes it even worse)
532.png
Lv. 41 (nickname: Woody)...Timburr has 305 base stat totals
540.png
Lv. 42 (nickname: Wu-Tang!!)...Sewaddle has 310 base stat totals
559.png
Lv. 43 (nickname: Mr. Bivans)...Scraggy has 345 base stat totals

I am finding myself absolutely terrified of the Elite 4. Gym battles are a struggle for my team. Everyone gets one-shot. My team has natural weaknesses to Flying, Fighting, and Dragon types, something I probably should have thought through (I just picked my favorites within those stat ranges lol). They are all severely underleveled, particularly because they all appear in early routes (therefore, experience has been split 6 ways for almost the entire game, rather than just near the end). I have to spam Repel, not just because I'm not allowed to grind for exp, but because my Pokemon can't get away when I hit run. If I engage in a wild battle, its basically a guaranteed team wipe since I can't retaliate.

That said, this may be the most fun I have ever had with a Pokemon game. The challenge is awesome. Before, I could get by with just my starter and spamming Ember for the entire game. Now I actually have to use the mechanics of the game. Whether its tricking the AI (On the 8th gym,
I found out that Axew will Dragon Dance until it can one-shot your Pokemon. So, I used Tepig's Will-O-Wisp to drop the Axew's attack stat in half. This makes it spam Dragon Dance until its stats are normalized. Meanwhile, I set up Bulk Up with Timburr and sweep the team
) or pure cunning, there is strategy to every battle...even regular trainers. Especially Ace trainers. Fuck Ace trainers.

I dunno if I will be able to beat the Elite 4, but thats what makes it so exciting. Seeing my little caterpillar destroy one of those monster fully evolved Pokemon never stops being satisfying :D

D-Pad

Ultima_5 said:
Thank you SO much!

Anyone have an oshawott egg they wouldn't mind giving me?

No problem! My high-quality, specially hand-breded Snivys are special as they come with a move Snivy doesn't normally learn on its own.

And holy crap, Crimson Blur! Now I'm definitely gonna do that on my Black play-through.

Wichu

Espeon all the way. First time I evolved Eevee (in Crystal), it turned into Espeon, and I never looked back. Plus it had some awesome TCG cards (my brother used to have a Psychic deck with Espeon and Gardevoir).

Also, Magic Bounce is incredible.

Fake edit: When trying to make an account, I found out my username was taken. After trying to use the password recovery (404 error :S), I guessed the password I'd used years ago on my first try :)

The Crimson Blur said:
So I have been playing this game and am now on Victory Road. Since Pokemon games are usually easy, I decided to constrain myself on my first playthrough.
-all pre-evolves
-only Pokemon with base stat totals less than 350 (Gen I reference: 350 - Growlithe, 300 - Geodude/Poliwag, 680 - Mewtwo)
-I cannot grind. I cannot engage in any random Pokemon battles. Only trainer battles.
-No in-battle items.

498.png
Lv. 42 (nickname: Katie)...Tepig has 308 base stat totals
551.png
Lv. 40 (nickname: Wayne Brady)...Sandile has 302 base stat totals
Spr_5b_522.png
Lv. 42 (nickname: Cowgirl)...Blitzle has 295 base stat totals (almost all in speed unfortunately, which makes it even worse)
532.png
Lv. 41 (nickname: Woody)...Timburr has 305 base stat totals
540.png
Lv. 42 (nickname: Wu-Tang!!)...Sewaddle has 310 base stat totals
559.png
Lv. 43 (nickname: Mr. Bivans)...Scraggy has 345 base stat totals

I am finding myself absolutely terrified of the Elite 4. Gym battles are a struggle for my team. Everyone gets one-shot. My team has natural weaknesses to Flying, Fighting, and Dragon types, something I probably should have thought through (I just picked my favorites within those stat ranges lol). They are all severely underleveled, particularly because they all appear in early routes (therefore, experience has been split 6 ways for almost the entire game, rather than just near the end). I have to spam Repel, not just because I'm not allowed to grind for exp, but because my Pokemon can't get away when I hit run. If I engage in a wild battle, its basically a guaranteed team wipe since I can't retaliate.

That said, this may be the most fun I have ever had with a Pokemon game. The challenge is awesome. Before, I could get by with just my starter and spamming Ember for the entire game. Now I actually have to use the mechanics of the game. Whether its tricking the AI (On the 8th gym,
I found out that Axew will Dragon Dance until it can one-shot your Pokemon. So, I used Tepig's Will-O-Wisp to drop the Axew's attack stat in half. This makes it spam Dragon Dance until its stats are normalized. Meanwhile, I set up Bulk Up with Timburr and sweep the team
) or pure cunning, there is strategy to every battle...even regular trainers. Especially Ace trainers. Fuck Ace trainers.

I dunno if I will be able to beat the Elite 4, but thats what makes it so exciting. Seeing my little caterpillar destroy one of those monster fully evolved Pokemon never stops being satisfying :D

You are a crazy inspiration.

Well done.

xSL4INx

Does anyone want any Magikarp at all? There's
only one available in the game
and I've got oodles of extras after breeding for a shiny one.

If no one wants them, I'm just going to release them and start on my next shiny breeding.

The parents were a Japanese Male Gyarados and a Female Ditto with the Jolly nature.

Wichu

I have a 4th gen competitive team of non-fully-evolved Pokémon, with the restriction that the Pokémon must have been basic and could evolve in the first generation it appeared in (i.e. Pokémon like Scyther and Gligar are off-limits, but Clefairy and Pikachu are OK). I don't think it's as impressive as that, though :)

Also, have you seen the video of someone soloing Cynthia with 6 level 1 Duskulls?

Roto13

vall03 said:
why the fuck does Game Freak make it difficult to get Evolution Stones here?!
I think they want you to use Extralink a lot. Which you can't because you don't live in Japan.

The Crimson Blur said:
-all pre-evolves
-No in-battle items.

*team*

You might be able to beat the Elite Four, but I don't think you'll be able to make it to the Hall of Fame. :p

vall03

Roto13 said:
I think they want you to use Extralink a lot. Which you can't because you don't live in Japan.
I am using Entralink but only between 1 copy of White and 1 copy of Black. Sadly, the only people I have only sells Shiny and Sun. I have a choice though, restart and rush through my Black copy again and hope that the people in Black City will have it or ask for trades. I cant trade right because I have no wifi. This seriously sucks...

Roto13

vall03 said:
I am using Entralink but only between 1 copy of White and 1 copy of Black. Sadly, the only people I have only sells Shiny and Sun. I have a choice though, restart and rush through my Black copy again and hope that the people in Black City will have it or ask for trades. I cant trade right because I have no wifi. This seriously sucks...
Well, at least you have those. My Black City only sells Oval Stones, which means there's only one Pokemon I can evolve with them. >_> I had to really plan a lot to finish the Pokedex. I managed to find one Simi-whatever and trade it for the others on the GTS to get the others in my Pokedex, for example. :p

vall03

Roto13 said:
Well, at least you have those. My Black City only sells Oval Stones, which means there's only one Pokemon I can evolve with them. >_> I had to really plan a lot to finish the Pokedex. I managed to find one Simi-whatever and trade it for the others on the GTS to get the others in my Pokedex, for example. :p
yeah, wish I didnt use my stones on those 3 monkeys... *sigh*

Jesus christ is it just me or are gym leaders fucking crazy with the potions. It's impossible to beat them by getting them in the red, you always have to deplete the bar before it reaches red or else they just infinitely keep using hyper potions. The fuck is that.

Roto13

-Pyromaniac- said:
Jesus christ is it just me or are gym leaders fucking crazy with the potions. It's impossible to beat them by getting them in the red, you always have to deplete the bar before it reaches red or else they just infinitely keep using hyper potions. The fuck is that.
They only have a set number of potions/full restores.

Vhalyar

-Pyromaniac- said:
That's how it's been for many games now, but it's certainly not an unlimited number. Make them their waste their potions on their weaker pokemons.

Anyone have a good link to breeding. Breeding in HG to be precise. I want a sick team of Eevees, I have 10 in HG but I wanna breed for power and IVs.

Need a place that can explain it all. Dont know anything about types, breeding and IVs

shaowebb

For some reason in this game I just haven't gotten a very close feeling with any of my pokemon save three.

Gigalith
Thro ( I named him Segata after Segata Sanshiro is why)
and Leavanny

The starters in this game just never got exciting moves. I have all three and leveled them and none really play to my liking.

So here I am at the elite 4 and after seeing them CHEAT by using a hacked lvl 50 Bisharp (impossible) I've decided screw this noise.

It's time to bring back the best pokemon I've ever had. Thanks to a day spent trading yesterday I now have

Leafeon
Flareon
Glaceon
Umbreon
Jolteon
Espeon

Go team Eevee! I'm power leveling them and I don't plan on fighting the Elite 4 until they hit 60. At which point they will form Voltron and smite them.

Vhalyar said:
That's how it's been for many games now, but it's certainly not an unlimited number. Make them their waste their potions on their weaker pokemons.
Ah didn't know they could run out. Didn't seem like it after one used 4 I think it was.

shahkur

Talking about trading, how do you search for pokemon that aren't in gen 5? When I try searching for Ho-oh, it isn't listed in the H section. Is it because you can only trade gen 5 pokemon? Or am I doing something wrong? I really want Ho-Oh.

shahkur said:
Talking about trading, how do you search for pokemon that aren't in gen 5? When I try searching for Ho-oh, it isn't listed in the H section. Is it because you can only trade gen 5 pokemon? Or am I doing something wrong? I really want Ho-Oh.
You have to have seen the pokemon to search for it.

Wiseblade

Spr_5b_639.png

Terrakion - #639 (Jolly)
HP: 18 - 20
Att: 30
Def: 11 - 12
SpA: 11 - 15
SpD: 9 - 10
Speed: 20 - 22

Yeah, I think I'll keep this one. If anything, I can always try again in Grey...

Roto13

shahkur said:
WTF really? But, then how am I gonna trade for Tornadus when I cant see him in White version?
If you want, we can do a quick trade/trade back with some legendaries so they're in your Pokedex and you can try to hunt them down on the GTS.

shahkur

Roto13 said:
If you want, we can do a quick trade/trade back with some legendaries so they're in your Pokedex and you can try to hunt them down on the GTS.

Wow, you would really do this for me? Hell, you can trust that I wont end up trying to keep your legendaries? Not that I would obviously.

Finalozzo, WTF just happened? Why'd the battle disconnect halfway? It took ages just to start it and then we never even got to finish the match. Sigh.

JVIDICAN

I want to play through the story again.. :'(
Why cant gamefreak let you start a new game and just lock away anything you caught previously until you beat the E4? :/

EDIT: Single battle anyone?

Roto13

shahkur said:
Wow, you would really do this for me? Hell, you can trust that I wont end up trying to keep your legendaries? Not that I would obviously.

Finalozzo, WTF just happened? Why'd the battle disconnect halfway? It took ages just to start it and then we never even got to finish the match. Sigh.
Well you'll only have one at a time. :p What's your friend code? Mine is number 53 on the list. (Bottom of the first post.)

Which ones do you want to see?

Finalow

shahkur said:
dunno, rematch?
and i would like to know why there is no auto-level to 100.

shahkur

Roto13 said:
Well you'll only have one at a time. :p What's your friend code? Mine is number 53 on the list. (Bottom of the first post.)

Mine is 3181 5320 5808. Wanna do this now? The connection keeps disconnecting, but we can give it one try. I'll be on.

Roto13

shahkur said:
Mine is 3181 5320 5808. Wanna do this now? The connection keeps disconnecting, but we can give it one try. I'll be on.
Well, we'll give it a try. :p I'll add you and head into the room.

What am I supposed to do at endgame? I barely managed to complete it with my team of around Level 50 pokemon, and now all the trainers I come across have Level 65's! I'm finding the difficulty level to be through to roof now. What do you guys suggest to do?

Roto13

shahkur said:
Oh, yeah, also, tell me what you want to see so I can get it ready. :p

Red

The Crimson Blur said:
-all pre-evolves
-No in-battle items.

I don't think you'll be able to finish. There's one late-game trainer Pokemon in particular I'm pretty sure will absolutely destroy you.

Good luck though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom