• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Finally able to play this now that I have my 3DS.

Anyone have a Fire starter they have a ton of that they could trade me? I've got a pretty good team so far and just on the second gym, but would like to round out my team a bit more =D

Articalys

Roto13 said:
They don't. Those trades are impossible. They're just being assholes.
So because of the arbitrary limit that Nintendo set of only being able to see seven options at a time, they know they're trolling other people by taking up one of those spots with a useless entry on the GTS?
That's low, man. That's just low.

There are also secret Pokeballs too.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So yeah, anyone who uses Pokesav better wait until the dev team behind the Black/White version work out all the kinks. So far I only have 1 bad egg, but I'll find a way to remove it sooner or later.

NEO0MJ

Shed_a_Ninja said:
There are now secret natures? Fuck you Game Freak. Fuck you.

Wait, what? You mean HP raising natures or natures that can lower two stats but raise two others?
Or that some pokemons can't get specific natures?

YES! Caught the level 70 Volcarona in the Relic Castle when my highest pokemon was only level 54. Caught it with about 12HP left on my last pokemon as well. So relieved right now haha

D-Pad

Roto13 said:
If I delete my Pokemon HeartGold file, will I lose all of my Mystery Gift things, which I can't get back?

Just checked my new Platinum game file and so far I'm not seeing either the Wondercard option or the man in the Pokemart.

Shed_a_Ninja said:
There are now secret natures? Fuck you Game Freak. Fuck you.
Explain!

J@hranimo

Banned
Scythian Empire said:
YES! Caught the level 70 Volcarona in the Relic Castle when my highest pokemon was only level 54. Caught it with about 12HP left on my last pokemon as well. So relieved right now haha

Wow I caught it with a quick ball =P. Those pokeballs are too good in this game.

Chorazin

isny said:
Finally able to play this now that I have my 3DS.

Anyone have a Fire starter they have a ton of that they could trade me? I've got a pretty good team so far and just on the second gym, but would like to round out my team a bit more =D

If you got the Liberty Pass from the Mystery Gift, before you do gym 3 you can get Victini, the legendary Fire/Psychic. :)

NEO0MJ

Zoramon089 said:
Are you talking about how some natures don't have highlighted colors in the stats screens?

Pretty sure he means something else, not the neutral natures. This came from digging the game.

Here is my explanation folks:

I have a Brave Golurk that I uploaded to Pokesav Black / White ver.0.0.6c through Python/IRS GTS

I wanted to edit its stats and nature. I noticed that on the main screen I saw "Brave" as its nature, then when I looked at its PID/IV stats, I saw that "Sassy" was a nature as well.

If I edit one but not the other, I get a bad egg.

Shed_a_Ninja said:

I have a Brave Golurk that I uploaded to Pokesav Black / White ver.0.0.6c through Python/IRS GTS

I wanted to edit its stats and nature. I noticed that on the main screen I saw "Brave" as its nature, then when I looked at its PID/IV stats, I saw that "Sassy" was a nature as well.

Oh so basically it's just a check like your secret ID. That or whatever program you're using is inconsistent when displaying stuff.

isny

napkin dispenser
Chorazin said:
If you got the Liberty Pass from the Mystery Gift, before you do gym 3 you can get Victini, the legendary Fire/Psychic. :)

That works.

Now I need to figure out how to win against the Nacerene leaders Watchog and it's Retaliate.

Holy Order Sol said:
Oh so basically it's just a check like your secret ID. That or whatever program you're using is inconsistent when displaying stuff.

It could be inconsistent because my Golurk's stats are as follows-

Level 52

Brave Nature

HP: 183/31 IVs/100 EVs
Attack: 180/31 IVs/110 EVs
Defense: 117/31 IVs/100 EVs
Special Attack: 91/31 IVs/0 EVs
Special Defense: 105/31 IVs/100 EVs
Speed: 78/31 IVs/100 EVs

And these stat numbers don't match Bulbapedia's layout (there are no IV calculators for B/W yet for me to triple check).

Wiseblade

Shed_a_Ninja said:

Oh, so you mean secret in the same way that everyone has a Hidden Trainer ID.

Shed_a_Ninja said:
It could be inconsistent because my Golurk's stats are as follows-

Level 52

Brave Nature

HP: 183/31 IVs/100 EVs
Attack: 180/31 IVs/110 EVs
Defense: 117/31 IVs/100 EVs
Special Attack: 91/31 IVs/0 EVs
Special Defense: 105/31 IVs/100 EVs
Speed: 78/31 IVs/100 EVs

And these stat numbers don't match Bulbapedia's layout (there are no IV calculators for B/W yet for me to triple check).

Umm...

Wiseblade said:
Oh, so you mean secret in the same way that everyone has a Hidden Trainer ID.

It could be, but I'm not sure. The program is currently in Beta, but my Chandelure came out perfectly.

And the "secret" nature of my Chandelure is Impish while the main nature is Modest.

mooooose

How do I beat the Elite 4? Jesus christ, I can't even beat one trainer.

What are the types exactly and what are they weak against? What team do you guys suggest?

Wiseblade

Shed_a_Ninja said:
That is the most retarded looking set-up I've ever seen. LegendaryPokemon.net better start finishing up the BW IV calculator because all of these posers just suck hard at creating a good interface.
You can't be serious. Metalkid's IV calculator is the best around by a country mile.

JVIDICAN

mooooose said:

What are the types exactly and what are they weak against? What team do you guys suggest?
Three of them are weak against Scrafty. The other is weak against psychic. :p

D-Pad

isny said:
Thanks again <3
No problem! I sent over the wrong egg though. :p No big deal, as they're both Tepigs, but one had a cool move that it usually wouldn't learn until lv. 15. The trade system, for some stupid reason, doesn't let you see the summary of the Pokemon (OT, markings, etc). Really dumb oversight that certainly doesn't help anything.

Aad

Ahh I've just realised that I missed so many events for legendaries on my SoulSilver cart. Is there any way to still get these?

Wiseblade

Shed_a_Ninja said:
I don't need advanced. I'm only looking at IVs, EVs, Stats, and Natures. Nothing else.
And Metalkid will get you to the exact values quicker than any other calculator. Using methods to level things up to 50 and sticking the number into any onle IV calculator is fine if you only want to check one thing, but when you're breeding en masse Metalkid comes into its own.

Using Veekun's superior Generation 5 IV calculator, my ideal Golurk's stats should be-

At level 50

Adamant Nature

HP: 164/31 IVs/0 EVs
HP: 177/31 IVs/100 EVs

Attack: 158/31 IVs/0 EVs
Attack: 173/31 IVs/110 EVs

Defense: 100/31 IVs/0 EVs
Defense: 113/31 IVs/100 EVs

Special Attack: 67/31 IVs/0 EVs

Special Defense: 100/31 IVs/0 EVs
Special Defense: 113/31 IVs/100 EVs

Speed: 75/31 IVs/0 EVs
Speed: 88/31 IVs/100 EVs

NEO0MJ

mooooose said:

I went in with Serperior/Semipour/Zebstrika/Sigilyph, all at LV.51 and pulled off an easy win. Most important pokemon was Semipour, It's moveset was Surf, Work up, bite and the last move depends on which one I was facing. Sigilyph helped a little with Psychic, Air Slash and Shadow Ball.

From the left the first Elite uses Ghost pokemon, second Dark, third psychic and last fighting. The champion however uses a mixed team so hope your team is well balanced move and type wise.

tim1138

Now I finally understand the aggravation of trying to catch Metang, good lord he must have one of the lowest catch rates in the game. Got Reshiram first try and this guy just eats Ultra Balls for breakfast.

Gravijah

tim1138 said:
Now I finally understand the aggravation of trying to catch Metang, good lord he must have one of the lowest catch rates in the game. Got Reshiram first try and this guy just eats Ultra Balls for breakfast.

He has a catch rate of 3, which is used for the hardest to catch legendaries.

tim1138 said:

Quick Balls are the new infinite Master Balls.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
upandaway said:
Fuckin daily events. So many of them. The bus only drives for 15 minutes!

There are only about seven I care about, and only three are truly important for me.

Three are important: Heart Scale giver in Driftveil City, Star Piece from the Challenge Rock, and the treasure hunter on Route 13.

Two are less important: White Forest stuff (talk to everyone and catch the Pokemon) and the rock giver girl in Moor of Icirrus.

Two are not important but nice: Village Bridge waiter job and the clown giving berries in the Castelia Gallery.

The musical prop guy would be on the important list, but he stopped giving me props when I changed my clock for daylight savings. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom