• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

Speaking of, I'm surprised by how common Riolu is in this game. In D/P/PT they made like he was some super rare Pokemon you could only get once... Like Zoura this game (but simpler to obtain).

Negator

Gravijah said:
Your avatar reminds me of how terrible some of the Japanese names are.

Flareon is Booster. Yes, Booster.
Jolteon is Thunders.
Vaporeon is Showers. Christ!

Moltres is Fire.
Articuno is Freezer
Zapdos is... Thunder. :/

Umbreon is Blacky

Soule

Quick question; for eggs, is the gender predetermined or does it change each time it hatches? Like if I save 1 step before it hatches could the gender potentially be different if I reload the game and let it hatch again?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Soule said:
Quick question; for eggs, is the gender predetermined or does it change each time it hatches? Like if I save 1 step before it hatches could the gender potentially be different if I reload the game and let it hatch again?

I'm pretty sure it's determined the second he hands it to you.

Soule

Andrex said:
I'm pretty sure it's determined the second he hands it to you.
Drat, well I have Larvesta about to hatch soon, so hopefully it's female.

Pretty stoked, got hooked last night doing some trades. When I played Diamond a bit, whenever I went online I could never find a realistic trade everyone wanted a legendary for trash pokemon and I got over it real fast. Did some negotiating (only have White now, regret selling my old pokemon games) and was able to acquire some old starter pokemon (Cyndaquil, Couple of Squirtles and a Snivy) which I was really happy about as well as some random trades just to get my count up (cobalion for a cobalion). From what I understand you get a master ball for doing trades with 50 different people... dunno what I'd use it for, just got Thundurus and he seemed to be the most difficult to catch so far.

Soule

One complaint is that I can't request Pokemon I haven't encountered outside of the negotiations area. Would love to trade my cyndaquil for a different starter or squirtle for a different starter or even one of my legendaries for a Zorua since that still seems to be one of the more popular requests but I can't do that since I haven't seen them :(

Edit: Blah, you're right Andrex. Got a male larvestar tried resetting it 3 times witha 50/50 male/female ratio. Male every time, I shall never doubt againnnn

D-Pad

Soule said:
Drat, well I have Larvesta about to hatch soon, so hopefully it's female.

Pretty stoked, got hooked last night doing some trades. When I played Diamond a bit, whenever I went online I could never find a realistic trade everyone wanted a legendary for trash pokemon and I got over it real fast. Did some negotiating (only have White now, regret selling my old pokemon games) and was able to acquire some old starter pokemon (Cyndaquil, Couple of Squirtles and a Snivy) which I was really happy about as well as some random trades just to get my count up (cobalion for a cobalion). From what I understand you get a master ball for doing trades with 50 different people... dunno what I'd use it for, just got Thundurus and he seemed to be the most difficult to catch so far.

Victini, apparently.

Soule

D-Pad said:
Victini, apparently.
I got that really easily when I was like around level 20 or 30, guess I was really lucky because it was like my 3rd attempt and I had no idea they were so difficult to capture.

quabba

Gravijah said:
Your avatar reminds me of how terrible some of the Japanese names are.

Flareon is Booster. Yes, Booster.
Jolteon is Thunders.
Vaporeon is Showers. Christ!

Moltres is Fire.
Articuno is Freezer
Zapdos is... Thunder. :/

I had to quickly check is Vaporeons shiny sprite was yellow, but sadly its purple...

D-Pad

Soule said:
I got that really easily when I was like around level 20 or 30, guess I was really lucky because it was like my 3rd attempt and I had no idea they were so difficult to capture.

Heh, well we still have some events coming up, so maybe we'll be able to use it then (unless they just shove the Pokemon into our hands like they did with Mew, etc).

Soule

D-Pad said:
Heh, well we still have some events coming up, so maybe we'll be able to use it then (unless they just shove the Pokemon into our hands like they did with Mew, etc).

Good point. Was getting tempted to see if I could trade it off for something.

shaowebb

Hmm...it would seem that this Shiny Gengar is named *OFFENSIVE N WORD* and has sucker punch as it's only move.

Wow trolls...just wow.

D-Pad

WTF I'm hatching nothing but impish Oshawotts. No one is holding an everstone or anything... :\

edit - That's the problem, someone should be holding something. :p

shaowebb said:
Hmm...it would seem that this Shiny Gengar is named *OFFENSIVE N WORD* and has sucker punch as it's only move.

Wow trolls...just wow.
Oh, maybe it's one of the same ones given out by "Team Rocket" at that Nintendo World event a while back.

Except that one also knew Thief, Snatch, and Sludge Bomb.

:/

Salsa

May%27s_Glaceon.png

FUCK YEAH ITS ON NOW

edit: FUCKIN SHIT I DIDNT READ HE HAD ICE BODY ;_;

Red

I'm trying to figure out what bug type to use. My team now is Cloyster, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Tyranitar, Metagross, and Salamence. Big weakness due to the 3 dragons. Would be alright swapping one out, and I don't have a bug, grass, or fire type to really put to much use.

Going back and forth between Accelgor and Volcarona.

Also considering Darmanitan. Guy hits hard and is fun to use. Maybe Ferrothorn, though I have Metagross with Leftovers right now as a wall.

Any other suggestions/comments?

In other news: Skill Link Cloyster is the man.

All of the talk regarding Eevee evolutions gave me some ideas since I had a bunch of outstanding and relatively superior ones sitting around.

It turns out I had an outstanding timid Eevee with an ice hidden power that would make for another great Jolteon and an outstanding modest Eevee with a grass hidden power that is perfect for Glaceon.

I named each of my Eevee evolutions as well.

Jolteon - Tesla
Glaceon - Solstice
Vaporeon - Europa
Espeon - Saturn
Umbreon - Neptune

This franchise will be the death of me...

Soule

For someone who missed out on the events before Black/White. Do you guys think trading Zekrom for a female Zoroark is a good deal? I'm probably not going to use Zekrom much if it all, he's just chilling in my box atm but so far from what I've seen they love using Zekrom/Reshiram as a currency almost. Pretty tempted atm.

JVIDICAN

Soule said:
For someone who missed out on the events before Black/White. Do you guys think trading Zekrom for a female Zoroark is a good deal? I'm probably not going to use Zekrom much if it all, he's just chilling in my box atm but so far from what I've seen they love using Zekrom/Reshiram as a currency almost. Pretty tempted atm.
No, have one of us breed you one. I got mine trading a charmander. :p

Crunched said:
I'm trying to figure out what bug type to use. My team now is Cloyster, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Tyranitar, Metagross, and Salamence. Big weakness due to the 3 dragons. Would be alright swapping one out, and I don't have a bug, grass, or fire type to really put to much use.

Going back and forth between Accelgor and Volcarona.

Also considering Darmanitan. Guy hits hard and is fun to use. Maybe Ferrothorn, though I have Metagross with Leftovers right now as a wall.

Any other suggestions/comments?

In other news: Skill Link Cloyster is the man.

Ferrothorn with Rocky Helmet.

I don't care what anyone says. Rocky Helmet > Leftovers.

Gravijah

Soule said:

Zoroark/Zorua are really easy to give. One of us will gladly give you one.

Soule

JVIDICAN said:
No, have one of us breed you one. I got mine trading a charmander. :p
Whewww I was verrrry close to trading that, I'm not so keen to use my legendaries, they're kinda just trophies at the moment. Ummm I wouldn't know what to trade for a Zorua/Zoroark. Right now I don't have very much to trade, the best thing I would say I have would be like a Squirtle, Hitmonlee/Hitmontop and Snivy I don't even have my Cyndaquil anymore. Otherwise everything else is definitely quite easily gained from Black/White if you have a bit of patience :\

Ummm well if anyone has a Zorua they'd be willing to part with let us know because I really want one since missing out on the event >_< dunno what I'll trade for it tho

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Soule said:

A starter would be an equivalent Pokemon, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom