• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JVIDICAN said:
At least it's not lost in the void. lol

It saves right after the trade animation completes every time. Which can sometimes be annoying as it usually takes like 20 seconds for each Pokemon, but it's good for cases like that.

Christine

Anybody want surplus Axew from my eugenicsbreeding program? I feel bad consigning them to oblivion, and I could use some help in increasing the number of people I've traded with.

Articalys

TwinIonEngines said:
Anybody want surplus Axew from my eugenicsbreeding program? I feel bad consigning them to oblivion, and I could use some help in increasing the number of people I've traded with.
EDIT: Actually, sorry, can't right now. Maybe some other time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man hatching Pichu eggs is a joy compared to Axew eggs. Those little jerks take forever...

As an aside this Pichu is male, mild, and has perfect Defense and Speed IVs. If you care, StateofMind. :p

JVIDICAN

Finn said:
You still around? I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. lol
Yeah I'm still in the room. Getting connection errors like crazy though. D:

EDIT: Hey vect, why don't you take tornadus and get landorus? Wi-fis acting up right now. :/

Boss Man

Andrex said:
Man hatching Pichu eggs is a joy compared to Axew eggs. Those little jerks take forever...

As an aside this Pichu is male, mild, and has perfect Defense and Speed IVs. If you care, StateofMind. :p
Oh man, I'm getting excited now :D. It wouldn't have been Pokemon for me without the eventual Raichu named Spark.

...how far into the game can you trade?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Archen - #566 (Jolly)
HP: 12 - 13
Att: 30
Def: 16 - 17
SpA: 0 - 1
SpD: 18 - 19
Speed: 12 - 13

Deino - #633 (Modest)
HP: 4 - 5
Att: 10 - 11
Def: 26 - 27
SpA: 31
SpD: 28 - 29
Speed: 14 - 15

Keepers?

StateofMind said:
Oh man, I'm getting excited now :D. It wouldn't have been Pokemon for me without the eventual Raichu named Spark.

...how far into the game can you trade?

Striaton City I think, right before the first gym.

eek5

Soule said:
Whewww I was verrrry close to trading that, I'm not so keen to use my legendaries, they're kinda just trophies at the moment. Ummm I wouldn't know what to trade for a Zorua/Zoroark. Right now I don't have very much to trade, the best thing I would say I have would be like a Squirtle, Hitmonlee/Hitmontop and Snivy I don't even have my Cyndaquil anymore. Otherwise everything else is definitely quite easily gained from Black/White if you have a bit of patience :\

Ummm well if anyone has a Zorua they'd be willing to part with let us know because I really want one since missing out on the event >_< dunno what I'll trade for it tho

I can send you a male zorua w/ dark pulse if you want.

JVIDICAN

Andrex said:
Archen - #566 (Jolly)
HP: 12 - 13
Att: 30
Def: 16 - 17
SpA: 0 - 1
SpD: 18 - 19
Speed: 12 - 13

Deino - #633 (Modest)
HP: 4 - 5
Att: 10 - 11
Def: 26 - 27
SpA: 31
SpD: 28 - 29
Speed: 14 - 15

Keepers?

Eh. The Deino seems decent enough. You could definitely do better with the Archen though.

@Papasman
Level it up, put the stats in an IV calculator and reset when your done. Thats how I do it. :p

Pappasman said:
how can I find out the IVs of a newly hatched pokemon?
If you have access to Nimbasa City, save, then start a battle at the Battle Institute. Get the stats of the Pokémon (it will be at lv. 50), then use an IV calculator for the rest.

Also in Nimbasa, you can get a rough estimate of IVs with the guy in the Battle Subway.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pappasman said:
how can I find out the IVs of a newly hatched pokemon?

Go here. Fill it out as best possible, including the stats for level one.

Then go to Nimbasa City and enter the Battle Institute. Save before entering the challenge. Then in-battle, your Pokemon will be at level 50, and in the switch Pokemon screen go to the Pokemon's summary. Enter the stats there on the calculator as well, changing the "Lev" field to 50. You can now reset your game to get out of the battle.

Hit calculate and watch the magic.

JVIDICAN said:
Eh. The Deino seems decent enough. You could definitely do better with the Archen though.

Thanks!

I'll probably try again on both, and make sure the Speed IV is perfect (power items ftw.)

Christine

Articalys said:
Sure! Anything you wanted in return?

A female Snivy or anything with active Pokerus would be wonderful, but I'll take anything you've got.

Which gender do you want? Also, I've been giving them numbers as nicknames, you want me to name it something else first?

Arek: 3224 5066 3253

Articalys said:
EDIT: Actually, sorry, can't right now. Maybe some other time.

No worries, thanks for the reply.

D-Pad

JVIDICAN said:
If it makes you feel any better he's beautiful. :')
Now take him back! lol.

Haha, thank you! I thought you had lost him for a second. :p
I have an extra Karrablast with Megahorn if you're looking.

Soule said:
o_O

Anyone on GAF got everything?

Roto13 completed his Pokedex, but I don't know if he has them all or not.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
Roto13 completed his Pokedex, but I don't know if he has them all or not.

I completed my SS Pokedex, but still have a few lines to go until I complete White's.

DoomXploder7 said:
what is this breakout game you guys are talking about?

In the OP under "Events."

Articalys

Hmm... so if a traded name is in your game's native language it'll stay the same upon evolution, but if it's foreign it'll switch to the proper native name for that stage?

D-Pad

Articalys said:
Hmm... so if a traded name is in your game's native language it'll stay the same upon evolution, but if it's foreign it'll switch to the proper native name for that stage?

IIRC: If the original trainer game the Pokemon a nickname, it'll keep that name forever. If the Pokemon does not have nickname and it evolves, then it'll be changed to whatever it's called in your respective territory.

Articalys

D-Pad said:
IIRC: If the original trainer game the Pokemon a nickname, it'll keep that name forever. If the Pokemon does not have nickname and it evolves, then it'll be changed to whatever it's called in your respective territory.
Ah, that makes sense. Knew I should have tried checking the katakana on my Japanese Snivy to see if it read "Tsutarja."

Gravijah

Teknoman said:
What point do you have to get to in order to choose a Pokemon in the minigame?

Beat the 4 stages, and whatever of those falling things that you get the most of is who you get. Can keep redoing it until you get who you want.

Izayoi said:
Ding ding ding.

There isn't one!

FUCK

Do I win you finally adding me on the 3DS? :p

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Izayoi said:
Okay, okay. Guys. Get this.

A type that counters Dragon, that isn't Dragon, and doesn't suck.
Vanilluxe.
Or Glaceon.

The only two non-sucky ice types :p

Although the polar bear is decent.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Do I win you finally adding me on the 3DS? :p
I added you when I got home.

After my eleven hour school day.

Cut me some slack.

:(

GaimeGuy said:
Vanilluxe.
Or Glaceon.

The only two non-sucky ice types :p

Although the polar bear is decent.
I'll give you Glaceon, she's awesome.

Haven't spent enough time with Vanilluxe to pass any judgement yet.

Cloyster too, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom