• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Izayoi said:
I added you when I got home.

After my eleven hour school day.

Cut me some slack.

:(

I'll give you Glaceon, she's awesome.

Haven't spent enough time with Vanilluxe to pass any judgement yet.

Cloyster too, I guess.
Well, Vanilluxe has a kind of meh movepool, but excellent stats.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Code:
Gravijah	1,033
Andrex		911
Izayoi		625
D-Pad		537
Roto13		535
Wiseblade	472
MatthewB92	390
Suairyu		346
Teknoman	277

Closing the gap. :eek:

yeb

I finally got enough trades (mostly transfers from Pearl) for the second master ball, and decided to go catch my Terrakion. Very first try:

Terrakion - #639 (Jolly)
HP: 21
Att: 20
Def: 29
SpA: 25
SpD: 25
Speed: 30

Yay! This is better than anything I've actually bred.

I managed to get a Leafeon from that game. I didn't think it was too hard, I love Breakout style games, but it might be the worst version of Breakout I've ever played.

Does anyone have a Tornadus I could see?

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Code:
Gravijah	1,033
Andrex		911
Izayoi		625
D-Pad		537
Roto13		535
Wiseblade	472
MatthewB92	390
Suairyu		346
Teknoman	277

Closing the gap. :eek:

Man, we've both put about 1000 posts into this thread. That is a lot of posts.

hermit7

Quick question about wifi. Can I run with WPA2 with Black, or is that not supported? I know on the original DS it was limited to WEP, and the 3ds supports WPA2, but I am unsure if the game needs to support it as well.

Earned 5 badges already, looking forward to continuing playing.

Christine

Axew:

Female

Mild
Electric HP

HP: 20,21
Att: 31
Def: 30,31
SpA: 12,13
SpD: 19
Speed: 30,31

Def and Speed are probably 31 rather than 30, given the parents' IVs.

Anyone want?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
You can pretend you're the 3rd version of Pokemon games. At least then you'd be cool.

That would make you Black and me White. Just like the one I bought! It all works out.

hermit7 said:
Quick question about wifi. Can I run with WPA2 with Black, or is that not supported? I know on the original DS it was limited to WEP, and the 3ds supports WPA2, but I am unsure if the game needs to support it as well.

Pokemon B/W are actually the only Nintendo DS games I know of that support WPA2 on DSi and 3DS.

Articalys

hermit7 said:

Yes. B/W support WPA on any DS model that does.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Pfft. Don't you have a brick break game to be losing or something?
RSFTC.jpg

I won anyway. Takin' my guts Flareon and gonna whoop whoop some ass.

JVIDICAN

Double teams preforming fantastically so far in Wii-fi. Taking into account the removal of previous gen threats, I think It'll do great in the tourney. :)

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
As of this post we are 996 posts way from surpassing the HeartGold/SoulSilver thread's total.

In just our first month.
Shit is crazy.

Pokemans is stronger than ever.

Helps that it seems like we get new juniors every day now, too.

eek5

man that brickbreaker game is terrible. frame rate was so bad at the bottom of the screen.. got my umbreon and called it quits lol

N4Us

Articalys said:
Yes. B/W support WPA on any DS model that does.

Man, if there was any reason I'd ever want a 3DS, it'd be for WPA2 support. My router only uses WPA2 and it was a pain in the ass to keep turning off the pass everytime I wanted to battle someone in Pearl.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
I've been staying up waaaaaay too late these past few weeks. It's already 4:20 in the morning, wtf. :(
Wake up when the sun is setting, go to bed when it starts to rise.

Living the dream.

UberTag said:
This is spelled out within the in-game instructions but if you're like me and just jump in blind without reading them you may miss out on the easy way to exploit your way to an Eevee of your choice.

The falling orbs correspond to the Eevee you're gifted upon completing Level 4. The more orbs of a specific element you collect, the greater the likelihood you'll have of getting that Eevee in the random lottery at the end. So the trick here is to avoid all of the orbs you don't want (i.e. Flareon) and stockpile the ones you do to increase your chances.

As you don't get a crack at the 2nd and 4th gen evolutionary stages until Level 3, just avoid orbs until then if you're going for one of those (such as Magic Bounce Espeon... the only critter with a Dream World-exclusive ability).
Cheers man, this helped me snag an Espeon when I played the mini-game.
The Crimson Blur said:
So I have been playing this game and am now on Victory Road. Since Pokemon games are usually easy, I decided to constrain myself on my first playthrough.
-all pre-evolves
-only Pokemon with base stat totals less than 350 (Gen I reference: 350 - Growlithe, 300 - Geodude/Poliwag, 680 - Mewtwo)
-I cannot grind. I cannot engage in any random Pokemon battles. Only trainer battles.
-No in-battle items.

I am finding myself absolutely terrified of the Elite 4.

That said, this may be the most fun I have ever had with a Pokemon game. The challenge is awesome. Before, I could get by with just my starter and spamming Ember for the entire game. Now I actually have to use the mechanics of the game.
This is really awesome and inspiring. You'll probably have to bend one of those rules to beat the Elite 4, but good on you for getting so far. More power to you man.

Also Andrex is a real Pokébro. Thanks pal.

Izayoi

Banned
So if there's one breedable Pokemon that I could give away, what would it be?

Thinking of doing some shiny breeding and I always feel bad just throwing away what doesn't make the cut.

Any suggestions?

D-Pad

Gravijah said:
It rained here for like 2 days straight. Damn Florida.
Same here. The whole damned weekend. Dogs kept goin' in the house because they wouldn't go out.

@Izayoi: Poochyena, except give me the shiny. :p

Articalys

Izayoi said:
So if there's one breedable Pokemon that I could give away, what would it be?

Thinking of doing some shiny breeding and I always feel bad just throwing away what doesn't make the cut.

Any suggestions?
Any of the gen 2-4 starters?

One of my greatest regrets about trading in my DSlite for a DSi XL was that I lost the ability to play my GBA games. I also lost or gave my Gameboy SP to my brother at some point. Gonna have to borrow my girlfriend's or something when I feel like playing them I guess. I wish you could download them or something.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
Hm, guess I'll start trying for a shiny Swampert.

I hope you like Mudkips, GAF.

I'll race you. But first you must supply the Mudkip, cause I really don't feel like dealing with the stupid Poketransfer.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
I'll race you. But first you must supply the Mudkip, cause I really don't feel like dealing with the stupid Poketransfer.
Tomorrow, then. Sleep first. Fuck programming for five hours in a row, by the way.

Articalys said:
thx
I'll be up for a bit, let me know if there's any spares.
Tomorrow I will have lots probably.

Soule

Articalys said:
thx
I'll be up for a bit, let me know if there's any spares.
edit: Alright, cool.
+1 :p

Tomorrow 3DS launches here... pretty tempted to go pick one up, my DS Lite is old and battered (let my nieces and nephew borrow for over a year) and there is dirt and shit in areas I didn't think it could get in. Plus it would be nice to play chinpokomon on a (slightly) bigger screen :)

shahkur

Scythian Empire said:
What would you say the best Water-type Pokemon is in the game? (Including ones that you can catch by fishing in end-game).

The water starter IMO. But then again I dont have any water types in my party.

Would anyone on here trade me a Lvl 80+ Emboar for my Lvl 65 Emboar? I really need a Lvl 80+ for a trade. If not, then can anyone tell me of a good way to grind him to Lvl 80? I honestly dont have the patience for waiting for Audinos.

Adamm

This has probably been asked before.

But i had all 151 pokemon on Red, is there any way (with many transfers) to get these to White?

Espada

Scythian Empire said:
What would you say the best Water-type Pokemon is in the game? (Including ones that you can catch by fishing in end-game).

That is a sizeable group you're taking into consideration, man. IMO, pre-E4 the best water type is Carracosta or Jellicent. Post E4, it'd probably be Milotic if you can manage to catch a Feebas and trade it with the Prism Scale held.

shahkur said:
If not, then can anyone tell me of a good way to grind him to Lvl 80? I honestly dont have the patience for waiting for Audinos.
Once you get to the 70s, you basically need to level up in both stadiums with all four sports while the pokemon in question holds a Lucky Egg. Either that or the Elite 4.

Adamm said:
But i had all 151 pokemon on Red, is there any way (with many transfers) to get these to White?

There's no way to get pokemon from GSC to RSE, unfortunately.

This might come off as a silly question, but I'll shoot anyway:

I haven't played a Pokemon -game since Yellow ( I'm a bad person, I know ), and I'm now thinking about getting Black / White. How much has the series changed, and how good B/W is ( as an entry to the franchise )?

I remember being a big fan of Pokemon back in the day, but I kind of forgot about it for over a decade.

NEO0MJ

Lé Blade Runner said:
This might come off as a silly question, but I'll shoot anyway:

I haven't played a Pokemon -game since Yellow ( I'm a bad person, I know ), and I'm now thinking about getting Black / White. How much has the series changed, and how good B/W is ( as an entry to the franchise )?

I remember being a big fan of Pokemon back in the day, but I kind of forgot about it for over a decade.

The series changed a lot gameplay wise, got more complex and is overall deeper. Anyways B/W is an excellent entry in the series and kinda like a reboot.

Rawk Hawk

Just picked this up the other day and am just leaving the first town. But skimming the OP and this thread, I see there are events, online games and other stuff that only lasts for certain periods of time... what are the chances of me compeltely missing something? I'm not really ready to dive into everything at once, but will this stuff happen again?

Rawk Hawk said:
Just picked this up the other day and am just leaving the first town. But skimming the OP and this thread, I see there are events, online games and other stuff that only lasts for certain periods of time... what are the chances of me compeltely missing something? I'm not really ready to dive into everything at once, but will this stuff happen again?
knowing nintendo the exact event won't happen again but you will still probably be able to get that pokemon at some point........sometime in this gens 3-4 year lifespan....by going to some in real life event....or though wifi in like the last few months before gen VI starts.....yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom