• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gravijah said:
What do you have to do for that place again?
You trade with people in different countries. So almost everyone will get the United States and Japan without to much trouble, but getting the other 129 will be very hard.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
My team (I traded their eggs from my JP Black, bar my starter)

Hammurabi the Tepig (Male)
Brave - Blaze - LV. 14
Tackle/Tail Whip/Ember/Defense Curl

Mulder the Elgyem (Male)
Careful - Telepathy - Lv. 13
Confusion/Psych Up/Psychic/Calm Mind

Gesundheit the Cubchoo (Male)
Impish - Snow Cloak - Lv. 11
Powder Snow/Growl/Bide

Timburlain the Timburr (Male)
Naughty - Sheer Force - Lv. 16
Pound/Rock Smash/Focus Energy/Rock Throw

The Rock the Roggenrola (Female)
Docile - Sturdy - Lv. 13
Headbutt/Rock Slide/Smack Down/Harden

Iron Giant the Golett
Lax - Iron Fist - Lv. 13
Pound/Shadow Punch/Defense Curl/Rollout

Right now I'm training Timburlain and Iron Giant for Lenora's Gym since, as mentioned before, I'm only using a set amount of Pokemon each Gym equal to the number of Pokemon the GL has, and I'm not substituting once I'm inside the gym.

Oh, and I'll be on awhile this morning for Druddigon trades! I PM'd the first four or so people who PM'd me about it with my FC.

Gravijah

Drkirby said:
You trade with people in different countries. So almost everyone will get the United States and Japan without to much trouble, but getting the other 129 will be very hard.

Oh. I remember trying to get a Pokemon from Haiti once in SS. No one was ever there. :(

Suairyu

Banned
Ooh, team comparisons?

23hlx86.gif

Snivy the Snivy, level 25
6rSAR.gif

Blitzle the Blitzle, level 26
vG9Ef.gif

Throh the.. you get the idea, level 26 (absolute POWERHOUSE)
urZ1y.gif

Purrloin, level 30 (using EXP share on her until she learns an actually-damaging attack move, then I'll evolve her)
Zq0Ww.gif

Panpour, level 25
3nnKR.gif

Victini, level 27

Just beat the third gym.

Every Pokémon catchable so far is also sitting in my PC. I'm very OCD about the Pokédex.

Drkirby said:
And is there any benefit from unlocking these floors?

Salaadin

Im still missing a flying type. Any suggestions here? Im not really feeling that little pidgeon thing.

Is Sigilyph a good choice? Im coming up on the desert right now. He seems kinda interesting.

Watch Da Birdie

Zod the Bear said:
How far do you have to go in to be able to breed at the daycare? Only let me check one pokemon in when I tried after the first gym.

At the 4th Gym Town. It's an event that occurs as soon as you enter that unlocks a second spot for Pokemon in the Daycare.

Gravijah

Green Scar said:
Goddam it, worst game ever

I like the graphics so far. Exiting the house with the massive lens flare was a bit much though :p

Did you go white or black? We need to trade later, too. 'Cause I said.

In fact, I need to trade with a lot of people. :(

Well if we're doing that, here's what I used for the final battles.

563.png

Curse helped a lot, both for taking out Pokémon I couldn't handle otherwise and as a suicide move to let another Pokémon gain more EXP. Will O Wisp is as good as ever and saved my bacon countless times.

555.png

Ditched Tepig for this bad boy and never looked back. Becomes even deadlier after receiving Agility from...

545.png

who is also decent at dealing with some Dark types.

561.png

Dual Screener with decent speed, helped A LOT. Also I needed something that could carry Electric.

565.png

Well, Autumn made me want to take advantage of the rain. Plus those are good defenses, and it resists fire, which my main man here hates:

598.png

SO AWESOME. Use contact moves and kill yourself (Rocky Helmet+Iron Barbs ftw), or hit it with stuff that isn't Fire/Fighting and watch it Curse+Gyro Ball your face off. Though I ditched that for Iron Head after a while.

Gravijah said:
Did you go white or black? We need to trade later, too. 'Cause I said.

In fact, I need to trade with a lot of people. :(

My mate at college went with White so I figured I'd get Black. I started it like an hour ago too, so I'll wait a bit before trading :p

YagizY said:
Out of curiousity, why is no one picking Tepig in this thread? I'm not really interested in playing the game too seriously and I picked Tepig because I like fire pokemon, did I make the wrong choice?

I sort of wanted Tepig but the 5 year old was enamored with Snivy so I chose that while he watched for the first 30 minutes of the game or so.

It didn't really matter to me and I actually almost never play with Grass Pokemon so I sort of wanted a change.

And the pixelation of your Pokemon when a battle start is kind of jarring, especially on a DSi XL haha.

Woffls

Gravijah said:
Are you in Pinwheel?
It happens pretty much everywhere. Was in the Moors at that point.

GooeyHeat said:
Does running still cause more wild encounters in this game?
Difficult to tell. Without paying close attention to it, I'd say it doesn't make a difference, but I couldn't say for sure.

Current team:
victini.png
throh.png
seismitoad.png
pansage.png
emolga.png
emboar.png

Victini 40 | Throh 38 | Seismitoad 39 | Pansage 29 | Emolga 39 | Emboar 40

Pansage is lagging behind all the time, so I'm either going to ditch it soon or give it EXP share. Not sure it's worth the time tbh, depends what else I find.

Mafro

Gravijah said:
Yeah the encounter rate really sucks. I was in Pinwheel earlier and had 5 battles within 1-2 steps of each other.
I've noticed this too. The encounter rate is ridiculous at times, it seems worse than before.

Watch Da Birdie

Bah, got creamed by Lenora...forgot Herdier knew Bite, so it totally ripped apart my Golett. :(

Currently leveling it and Timburr up outside of Nacrene City. I feel kind of bad because the rest of my team is lagging behind, but they'll get their chance soon!

Which leads you to buy Repels which leads you to lack money for those TMs which leads to AAAAAAAARRGH

(still can't over those 50k, but I love Sandstorm too much)

Gravijah

Holy Order Sol said:
Which leads you to buy Repels which leads you to lack money for those TMs which leads to AAAAAAAARRGH

(still can't over those 50k, but I love Sandstorm too much)

The only thing I ever spend money on is Pokeballs... which means every time my HP goes low, I run back to a Pokecenter.

Teknoman

Gravijah said:
The only thing I ever spend money on is Pokeballs... which means every time my HP goes low, I run back to a Pokecenter.

With the way the story is going, and how some event trainer (rivals,N,etc.) always seems to be itching for a fight, i'm treating it more like a normal RPG than before. Stocking up on potions, stat ups, healing, etc.

Woffls

Gravijah said:
This is how I play. I have about 200k at the moment, and rarely spend any money or use healing items. Only time I'll use healing items is in the middle of an important battle that's far from a Pokécenter. I won't even use them for the Elite 4 because losing to them is practically a non issue and it's a great way of levelling up.

Teknoman

Something i've always wondered about with humanoid pokemon: Are the "clothing" items they wear actual clothes, or just like animals in real life, they have markings/fur/shells that just resemble clothes?

ivysaur12

Banned
Watch Da Birdie said:
Bah, got creamed by Lenora...forgot Herdier knew Bite, so it totally ripped apart my Golett. :(

Currently leveling it and Timburr up outside of Nacrene City. I feel kind of bad because the rest of my team is lagging behind, but they'll get their chance soon!

How do you have a Golett that early in the game?

Watch Da Birdie

Lol, my Golett and Lenora's Watchog got into a Defense battle...she kept using Leer, I kept using Iron Defense. Luckily, since Iron Defense raises defense twice, I won out. :)

I then lowered its defense through Rock Smash, and kicked its ass! It was close though...luckily we both used a Super Potion at the same time, or else another Crunch would've finished me!

I imported eggs from my JP version, so that's why I have Golett, Elgyem, and Cubchoo at Gym 2.

Teknoman said:
With the way the story is going, and how some event trainer (rivals,N,etc.) always seems to be itching for a fight, i'm treating it more like a normal RPG than before. Stocking up on potions, stat ups, healing, etc.
I've been using the drinks. Takes longer but 10 bottles of water is only 250 dollars compared to the 700 for super potions. Plus lemonade is only 350 and heals 80 HP so I'm sticking to the drinks until I need more than 80+ HP healed at a time.

Woffls said:
Pansage is lagging behind all the time, so I'm either going to ditch it soon or give it EXP share. Not sure it's worth the time tbh, depends what else I find.
Just evolve him. I don't think there are any moves worth the trouble beyond level 30.

Watch Da Birdie

A horizontal version called the Battle Subway, which you can get to at Gym Town #4.

It has single battles, double battles, co-op battles (including with the alternate gender PC), and multiple difficulties as well.

Gravijah

Teknoman said:
Something i've always wondered about with humanoid pokemon: Are the "clothing" items they wear actual clothes, or just like animals in real life, they have markings/fur/shells that just resemble clothes?

Throh made you wonder this, didn't it?

Giard

MatthewB92 said:
Battle subway is like to battle tower.

Watch Da Birdie said:
A horizontal version called the Battle Subway, which you can get to at Gym Town #4.

It has single battles, double battles, co-op battles (including with the alternate gender PC), and multiple difficulties as well.

Thanks!

So, does this game have a Ralts/Nidoran/Shinx equivalent? You know, like a Pokemon you can find very very early on that isn't Normal and can be useful later on in the game. I'm talking something to be found in Routes 1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom