• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mafro said:
Managed to trade my Panpour for a lv.1 Oshawott in the GTS and it' has a goddamn nickname.

I hate nicknaming Pokemon.
Nicknamed every Pokemon caught so far. ;P

Jinko

vcassano1 said:
Would it be possible for someone to donate me a Snivy egg/Lv.5 Snivy, please? I don't have much to offer, though.

I have a lvl 1 Snivy you can have, have a lvl 1 tepig and oshawott aswell.

Zzoram

How do you guys have multiple starters? Buying both versions and restarting one to keep trading starters to the other?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Jinko said:
I have a lvl 1 Snivy you can have, have a lvl 1 tepig and oshawott aswell.

Snivy would be great, thanks! As I say I have nothing really to offeryou, if that's ok. How do you want to do this?

Jinko

vcassano1 said:
Snivy would be great, thanks! As I say I have nothing really to offeryou, if that's ok. How do you want to do this?

Meet in the Wifi club (middle person), will try and trade there.

Suairyu

Banned
The music in this one is incredible.

I love the hints of the opening theme in the regular trainer battle.

Then when you knock a gym leader down to their last Pokémon and it kicks into the main Pokémon theme as you finish the fight. So damn epic.

Gravijah

When do you get the bike? I have a feeling it's in
Castelia city
but I want to go level a Pokemon before fully exploring...

Suairyu

Banned
Zzoram said:
How do you guys have multiple starters? Buying both versions and restarting one to keep trading starters to the other?
Starters can be bred. So you can find a lot of them on the GTS, as others have said.

Suairyu

Banned
Gravijah said:
When do you get the bike? I have a feeling it's in
Castelia city
but I want to go level a Pokemon before fully exploring...
The moment you enter Nimbasa city.

Zzoram said:
But even using the Internet, do you need 2 copies of the game? Since you have to trade with someone
No, you just trade with other people over the GTS (Global Trade System). You can specify what you're looking for and do a search.

Mr. Sam

So in
Castelia City
, you get the choice (I presume) of a
water stone, fire stone or leaf stone
. Which should I pick and how should I use it?
(I don't want to use it on this crappy Panpour).

Appreciated!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, I wonder just how complex the GTS is behind the scenes. Does it try to auto match? Can it do chains of trades, doing more then one trade internally to get everyone the pokemon they want?

YagizY

Out of curiousity, why is no one picking Tepig in this thread? I'm not really interested in playing the game too seriously and I picked Tepig because I like fire pokemon, did I make the wrong choice?

Gravijah

YagizY said:
Out of curiousity, why is no one picking Tepig in this thread? I'm not really interested in playing the game too seriously and I picked Tepig because I like fire pokemon, did I make the wrong choice?

It's personal preference. There really isn't a wrong choice. You pick who you think is cool.

Suairyu

Banned
Mr. Sam said:
So in
Castelia City
, you get the choice (I presume) of a
water stone, fire stone or leaf stone
. Which should I pick and how should I use it?
(I don't want to use it on this crappy Panpour).

Appreciated!
If it is like other games, you'll be able to purchase evolutionary stones later on in the game.

-edit-

On Route 5:
The maid in the kitchen-wagon offered to purchase my tinymushrooms for $500 a pop. Is that the best price for them?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How far into the game is the guy who can remove HM moves?

I picked Oshawott since I always get the Water Pokemon.

Jinko

YagizY said:

I picked him as my starter, when he evolves in to his final form hes crazy powerful.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
YagizY said:
I picked Tepig.
I replaced him with Victini

Balb

I don't know how I feel about the fact that they REALLY try and make sure that you don't get lost. You can't enter a new city or exit a gym without a character immediately approaching you or someone calling you. All the key items are basically given to you in a linear path as well, such as the bike. They did this in HGSS as well (not including the bike thing).

Totakeke

Man, I dunno if I should pick up this game or not. I wish I could wipe all the stuffs about the hidden stats off my mind because those aren't fun but I can't ignore them :(. Is the game worth playing just for the main story alone?

Nayishiki

YagizY said:

I picked Tepig.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
YagizY said:
It doesn't really matter. There are tons of viable Pokemon now, so the starters aren't really as key as the used to be. Pick whatever you want. You can find good Water/Fire/Grass Pokemon early on to make up any gaps that used to exist in the early game.

Woffls

Uggghhh I swear wild encounters are more common in this version. I'll walk out of a battle, take literally one step, and there's another encounter.

And how the hell do I get through the moors >_<

Suairyu

Banned
Balb said:
I don't know how I feel about the fact that they REALLY try and make sure that you don't get lost. You can't enter a new city or exit a gym without a character immediately approaching you or someone calling you. All the key items are basically given to you in a linear path as well, such as the bike. They did this in HGSS as well (not including the bike thing).
Well, as you've got the bike, you're already far enough to take a slight detour and head for Desert Resort and Relic Castle. Explore Route 4 to find it.
Totakeke said:
Man, I dunno if I should pick up this game or not. I wish I could wipe all the stuffs about the hidden stats off my mind because those aren't fun but I can't ignore them :(. Is the game worth playing just for the main story alone?
You can't really train the hidden stats effectively until you've beaten the main story anyway, so don't worry about it one bit. I'm having tons of fun with the main story.

GooeyHeat

Woffls said:
Uggghhh I swear wild encounters are more common in this version. I'll walk out of a battle, take literally one step, and there's another encounter.

Does running still cause more wild encounters in this game?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
just curious, but out of the stuff available on the GTS, how much of it is hacked? (I am assuming the game can be hacked) Is there a downside to any of it. Has anyone had a trade from the GTS completely trash their game?

Just played through getting my starter last night (Tepig) and beating my two rivals. Still trying to get through Layton before I start on this in earnest. Nice visual bump from G4. If I understand correctly it uses the same G4 engine, just changes the view port a bit.

So far my team is:
9ew6q.png
Kojiro the Dewott
r8q1l.png
Bruce the Sawk
iYi5n.png
Eli the Whimsicott
gUGO8.png
Mr. Vile the Sandile
txnK0.png
Harland the Archen
and an empty slot.
On many occasions I've run into a spot where it would have been nice to have a fire Pokemon, as I traded away my Simisear. To bad you don't see Heatmor until late in the game, as I would totally use him.
Really enjoying the game so far.
Regulus Tera said:
People who hate nicknamed pokeymen are Debbie downers
For reals.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have:
Victoly the Victini
Nipper the Dwebble
Bangle the Petilil
Garbageday the Trubbish
Chuck the Gurdurr
Noisespawn the Palpitoad

My team keeps on changing.

Gravijah

I was going to use Victini for fun, but man that's such a waste of a space. All the cool Pokemon in the game and I'd be using a dumb legendary. Guess I'll save that spot for now.

Regulus Tera said:
People who hate nicknamed pokeymen are Debbie downers

More like Dwebble Downers.

It seems Tepig is very underutilized in comparison to the other 2 starters.

And because of that, a damn was given that day.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Chet Rippo said:
So far my team is:
9ew6q.png
Kojiro the Dewott
r8q1l.png
Bruce the Sawk
iYi5n.png
Eli the Whimsicott
gUGO8.png
Mr. Vile the Sandile
txnK0.png
Harland the Archen
and an empty slot.
On many occasions I've run into a spot where it would have been nice to have a fire Pokemon, as I traded away my Simisear. To bad you don't see Heatmor until late in the game, as I would totally use him.
Really enjoying the game so far.

For reals.
Why not get a Darumaka? You can find him on Route 4.

I right now have the following.

Dewott Lv. 23
Herdier Lv. 23
Roggenrola Lv. 21
Servine Lv. 21
Munna Lv. 17
Pignite Lv. 17

Thank you GTS! Though I am not sure if I am going to lug all 3 starters around with me to far.

Third badge get!
Team so far is Servine Lvl 26
Gigalith lvl 26
Zorua lvl 21

Just one more pokemon and I already know what it is so lets see how this goes.

traveler

Not Wario
So I decided I'll just enjoy the single player game as is without worrying about natures and such for the first time through, with one exception. What should I be looking for on Victini? (I figure since I can only get one I might as well make it count)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom