• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

JVIDICAN said:
Put a male and female pokemon belonging to the same egg group together in the daycare and rub them together. ;)
For example.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/8/8a/300Skitty.png/140px-300Skitty.png[IMG] +
[IMG]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b9/321Wailord.png[IMG]
Perfectly natural. :')[/QUOTE]

Oh god I was there when that stupid meme was made!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Articalys said:
I'm honestly surprised there's that many in B/W; I thought the number of unobtainables would be far greater. Are there really that many old gen pokes in the eastern routes?

That also takes into account evolutions and breeding. For instance, (not a real example) if you find a Shroomish you might have to evolve it into Breloom which isn't in the game, but it is listed that it is because its pre-evolution is available. Stuff like that.

Wiseblade

Roto13 said:
I don't mind letting you borrow them now. :p
What're their abilities?
Both have Hustle (will become sheer force when evolved).

EDIT: while I'm offering I may as well throw up the spare Sand Rush 31Atk/31Spe Adamant Drilbur I have too.

Lan_97

Wiseblade said:
So yeah, I've got two adamant darumaka with 31 IVs in Attack and Speed to give away, anybody want them?

Interested in hopes of breeding those onto a drillbur. I have a few spare Mach/Drain punch timburrs.

EDIT:
Wiseblade said:
EDIT: while I'm offering I may as well throw up the spare Sand Rush 31Atk/31Spe Adamant Drilbur I have too.

Yes to the drillbur!

MooMoo

JVIDICAN said:
*flying Pikachu card* :p
These were a bitch to get on the Pokewalker, even more so when trying to get a decent nature. But I am much more happy with my surfing Pikachu :D

Ended up buying this, even though I wasn't too interested in it to begin with. Trying to play without looking at any guides or stuff so that everything remains fresh. Hopefully I don't end up with an ugly end-game party. Oshawott ftw!

Wiseblade

Lan_97 said:
Awesome, thanks!
No problem, just glad to see something that took me ages to breed get some use.

Gravijah said:
surfin' pikachu? mehhhhhh

pyQcC.png

I couldn't resist.

Roto13

You know what shinies I'd really like to have? A Marowak and a Venusaur. The patch of grass I was training in when I found my Fearow has Marowak in it. What might have been. :p

Aad

goldensun said:
Anyone have a spare shroomish they would lend me? :D
I can give you a Shroomish if you don't mind it's level 1.

If you have any of these it would be helpful, if not anythings fine.
Aad said:
Can anyone trade me a Sandshrew, Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂ and Clefairy please.

I don;t have much to offer but if you need anything just ask.

JVIDICAN

So I have a friend thats having trouble getting online on White with his 3ds. I remember someone posting about a similar issue on here. Was there any way around this? :/

Gravijah

JVIDICAN said:
So I have a friend thats having trouble getting online on White with his 3ds. I remember someone posting about a similar issue on here. Was there any way around this? :/

What exactly is the issue?

this guy

I finally got this game today, and is it just me, or is it harder than past games in the series? I'm gonna assume it's because I actually am catching all of the Pokemon I see for once and therefore have a party of 6 that are probably slightly under-leveled. Even so, I'm kind of getting my ass kicked.

D-Pad

Aad said:
I can give you a Shroomish if you don't mind it's level 1.
LdVaV.jpg

Off topic, but oh man, I wish that show didn't end like it did. Wait, did you finish watching/reading up to where the anime ended?

(((( If not then stop reading this))))

It was starting to get so good and then it just ended. The obstacle of the show, the main problem, eliminated in 15 seconds. What motivation do the girls have now to keep going? None.

And what the hell about wanting to see mom's closet? What about the press lady and the guy running for (I forgot)? Does the manga continue? Will we ever see another adaption?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
this guy said:
I finally got this game today, and is it just me, or is it harder than past games in the series? I'm gonna assume it's because I actually am catching all of the Pokemon I see for once and therefore have a party of 6 that are probably slightly under-leveled. Even so, I'm kind of getting my ass kicked.

It is harder than any of the Gen 4 games in my opinion, including the remakes. Can't remember farther back than that. But yeah, it is harder.

isny

napkin dispenser
JVIDICAN said:

Are they going off of Japanese seasons?

this guy said:

I'm finding it much easier actually. The encounter rate being higher sucks, but besides that, I'm breezing through it now that I've got a good team. (And having people EVERYWHERE who will "pokemon center" your team is amazing for leveling. (Along with the double XP pokemon!)

D-Pad

Andrex said:
It is harder than any of the Gen 4 games in my opinion, including the remakes. Can't remember farther back than that. But yeah, it is harder.
Not that it's difficult for any version to be harder than the remakes. :p

Red

Andrex said:
I thought Pearl was much, much more difficult. White has been the easiest of the entire series for me. Even post-game, fighting guys 15+ levels higher than me, I've never had an issue. I remember being stuck in Pearl and needing to grind, two or three times, around the half way point.

JVIDICAN

isny said:
Are they going off of Japanese seasons?
No, the game has its own season schedule.
Spring
Springtime weather appears in January, May, and September. Certain areas may have rainy weather.
Summer
Summer weather appears in February, June, and October. Morning begins one hour earlier, at 3:00 AM, while Day lasts an hour longer, until 8:59 PM.
Autumn
Autumn weather appears in March, July, and November.
Winter
Winter weather appears in April, August, and December. Morning begins one hour later, at 5:00 AM, while Day lasts an hour shorter, until 6:59 PM. Due to snow piling up, certain areas can be accessed that are normally inaccessible.

@cofee
Not sure, could be it though. Is there anything he'd be able to do if that was the case?

D-Pad

Okay Roto, ready for round 1(hopefully round 2, since I just finished evolving them I hope you already seen their first form shinies)? I only have four shinies so it'll be quick. :p

Edit - Oh good! Three then.

Roto13

D-Pad said:
Okay Roto, ready for round 1(hopefully round 2, since I just finished evolving them I hope you already seen their first form shinies)? I only have four shinies so it'll be quick. :p

Edit - Oh good! Three then.
Ok. Gimme a minute. :p I can show you my shiny Serperior.

Articalys

I still can't comprehend how anything practical gets done on the GTS with the sheer number of impossible requests, even for commons; I guess Pokemon fans at large like trolling and clogging the system to prevent actual requests from ever appearing. Seriously, why does it limit you to only seven at a time where there could be hundreds of valid offers I'll never see?
It's a miracle the few trades I've done have worked out.

JVIDICAN

Articalys said:
I still can't comprehend how anything practical gets done on the GTS with the sheer number of impossible requests, even for commons; I guess Pokemon fans at large like trolling and clogging the system to prevent actual requests from ever appearing. Seriously, why does it limit you to only seven at a time where there could be hundreds of valid offers I'll never see?
Just stick with GTS negotiations.

Salsa

Articalys said:

1 - get Zorua eggs
2 - put them on GTS in exchange for any pokemon you want
3 - wait a day tops
4 - profit

Looking for stuff is doing it the wrong way

Roto13

Articalys said:
How do those work? I read the manual but still don't get it.
You pick three Pokemon you're willing to trade and some Japanese kid shows you legendaries and makes frowny faces at you.

Articalys

SalsaShark said:
1 - get Zorua eggs
2 - put them on GTS in exchange for any pokemon you want
3 - wait a day tops
4 - profit

Looking for stuff is doing it the wrong way
No, I mean I know that it's smarter to list what you want and wait for it to come in, but I'm still thinking about the other guy who has to wade through the crap to see my listing in the first place.
And I'm still curious why, besides trolling, people list all the illegal trades.

JVIDICAN said:
@cofee
Not sure, could be it though. Is there anything he'd be able to do if that was the case?
If he's using a DSi he should be good for WPA. If he has a DS or DS Lite, he'll need to disable password protection or only use WEP when he wants to go online. It's a total bitch but if this is the case then that's the solution.

EDIT: You guys sure B/W supports WPA? I would think that's a system by system deal, not game by game. Could be wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom