• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Merovin said:
They key is patience, thankfully only took me a few tries for my Glaceon!
Too much luck involved trying to avoid falling orbs while catching the ball. It would happen eventually but I have better things to do.

JVIDICAN

Holy Order Sol said:
Yeah, I should definitely stick to singles. It was interesting, but I don't see myself getting any good at this.
You did fine! :p
Give your team a certain purpose, and center your mons around completing that purpose. Take my team for example. I have a single high speed mon that can get defenses in place fast teamed with a multi-talented but slower heavy hitter to distract/take out immediate threats. Once my defenses are set up, I bring in a trickroomer and prep the field for my main tank. Suddenly my slow team easily out-speed even legendaries and they hit incredibly hard while doing so. :)

Ultima_5

So I was breeding, and I forgot that your pokemon lose the first move on the list.... Well my pignite lost Arm Thrust... Can someone do me a favor and teach it arm thrust via heart scale or brick break via TM? He wont have access to another physical fighting move for quite awhile... It would be a huge help, and I'm to early in the game to do it myself.

I can offer a male Snivy or male/female Oshowatts in exchange... Thanks in advance.

JVIDICAN said:
Give your team a certain purpose, and center your mons around completing that purpose. Take my team for example. I have a single high speed mon that can get defenses in place fast teamed with a multi-talented but slower heavy hitter to distract/take out immediate threats. Once my defenses are set up, I bring in a trickroomer and prep the field for my main tank. Suddenly my slow team easily out-speed even legendaries and they hit incredibly hard while doing so. :)

I get the idea but I'd need a whole other team because what I use in singles is impractical for doubles since I can't really avoid getting hit even with enough power and speed to sweep, and it's even harder to set up in the first place. Not to mention, having to learn team building all over again and considering my options for predictions when facing two mons is more than I can handle anyway.

JVIDICAN

Holy Order Sol said:
I get the idea but I'd need a whole other team because what I use in singles is impractical for doubles since I can't really avoid getting hit even with enough power and speed to sweep, and it's even harder to set up in the first place. Not to mention, having to learn team building all over again and considering my options for predictions when facing two mons is more than I can handle anyway.
It's not really that bad. I have a strong singles team aswell. D-pad will attest to that. :p

Azure J

Roto13 said:
I wish there was a Lighting/Flying Pokemon that could learn Fly and wasn't a Legendary.

Regardless of legendary status, this is why Zapdos was always my favorite electric type. Although Drill Peck > Fly.

Hmm, maybe I should make a Team Kanto and revive my old Red version beast mode team. :p

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
I wish there was a Lighting/Flying Pokemon that could learn Fly and wasn't a Legendary.
180px-FlyingPikachuWizardsPromo25.jpg

:p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Marvie_3 said:
How many total Pokemon are in Black/White without trading/importing?

Hrm, let me see if I can do this.

153 non-event Unova Pokemon, but counting Victni.

493 pre-Unova Pokemon minus 180 unobtainables equals 313.

153 + 313 = 466 Pokemon for Black.

466 plus the 32 White Forest exclusives equals 498 Pokemon for White.

zumphry

Banned
Andrex said:

Damn. I think I'm actually going to attempt to fill the Dex up in White....when I get a 3DS and can trade from SS to White.

OMG Aero

Keep in mind those 32 White Forest Pokemon can't all be obtained in one copy of White unless you link up with another person.
Also when Dream World is online, you might be able to get a few unobtainable Pokemon through that.

Roto13

So I found my first ever wild shiny just now, after playing every generation of Pokemon since 1998. A Fearow. It attacked me in a team with another Fearow and I was scared I was going to mess up and KO the wrong one, but I got it. :p Go me.
AzureJericho said:
Regardless of legendary status, this is why Zapdos was always my favorite electric type. Although Drill Peck > Fly.

Hmm, maybe I should make a Team Kanto and revive my old Red version beast mode team. :p
I'm using Zapdos in my team now, actually. I just wish it could be an Emolga or something. :p

JVIDICAN said:
I wonder if there's a way I can still find one of these. :p

Aad

Can anyone trade me a Sandshrew, Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂ and Clefairy please.

I don;t have much to offer but if you need anything just ask.

OMG Aero

Roto13 said:
I wonder if there's a way I can still find one of these. :p
If you are talking about the Pokemon rather than the card, the only way to get a flying Pikachu recently was through the Yellow Forest Pokewalker course, but since the Poketransfer requires you to delete a Pokemon's HM moves before transferring, you can't get a Pikachu with Fly in Black and White unless they release one through Dream World.

I still don't understand why they make you erase HM moves. When you get to the Poketransfer you either have all the HMs or can walk to the place you get the last ones from, so it's not like you could sequence break or anything.

Glix

Wiseblade said:
you'd have to remove Fly to transfer it to B/W, so there's not much point.

I had a buddy ask about this...

You can't re-teach it fly once it has been brought over, can you?

Roto13

OMG Aero said:
If you are talking about the Pokemon rather than the card, the only way to get a flying Pikachu recently was through the Yellow Forest Pokewalker course, but since the Poketransfer requires you to delete a Pokemon's HM moves before transferring, you can't get a Pikachu with Fly in Black and White unless they release one through Dream World.

I still don't understand why they make you erase HM moves. When you get to the Poketransfer you either have all the HMs or can walk to the place you get the last ones from, so it's not like you could sequence break or anything.
Oh, right. Pfft. Also there's only a 2% chance of finding one in the Yellow Forest after 10,000 steps, and only if it randomly picks the right group out of two, and you can't tell if you've caught one until after you transfer it to HG/SS. So it's way too impractical anyway. :p

Andrefpvs said:
Blastoise is totally playing the piano/keyboard there!

...Wasn't there an avatar like that?
Yeah, mine:
1272427558821.gif

In other news, I'm trying to work through the Battle Subway, getting enough points to get more battle items. My Lanturn from SoulSilver was a key part in winning me many matches. But, I'll need to breed another water Pokémon to replace him...

JVIDICAN

Glix said:
I had a buddy ask about this...

You can't re-teach it fly once it has been brought over, can you?
There is one way.. >.> <.<
I doubt it's registered as a legal move for Pikachu in wi-fi though. :/

Marvie_3

Banned
JVIDICAN said:
There not hard to obtain though. I bred around 15 :p
How do you breed the pokemon in this game? I haven't played a Pokemon since Leaf Green and sorta jumped head first into this one without reading up on anything.

JVIDICAN

Marvie_3 said:
How do you breed the pokemon in this game? I haven't played a Pokemon since Leaf Green and sorta jumped head first into this one without reading up on anything.
Put a male and female pokemon belonging to the same egg group together in the daycare and rub them together. ;)
For example.
140px-300Skitty.png
+
321Wailord.png

Perfectly natural. :')

Articalys

Andrex said:
Hrm, let me see if I can do this.

153 non-event Unova Pokemon, but counting Victni.

493 pre-Unova Pokemon minus 180 unobtainables equals 313.

153 + 313 = 466 Pokemon for Black.

I'm honestly surprised there's that many in B/W; I thought the number of unobtainables would be far greater. Are there really that many old gen pokes in the eastern routes?

Boogiepop

Finally got around the glitchy random lag the Breakout clone was giving me, so I now have a Espeon set for whenever the Dream World finally goes online.

Does anyone have a link to the site that shows what level the pokemon evolve at and their names and stuff, but not their picture?

I show it posted here before but lost the link..

Insaniac

so i just beat the game, and now my pokemon are between level 45-50 and I'm getting my ass kicked all over the place by regular trainers in the new areas. Whats a good place to grind on wild pokemon while still getting decent exp?

Izayoi

Banned
Insaniac said:
so i just beat the game, and now my pokemon are between level 45-50 and I'm getting my ass kicked all over the place by regular trainers in the new areas. Whats a good place to grind on wild pokemon while still getting decent exp?
The new areas.

Roto13

So, aside from clones and the Red Gyarados, I have two shinies I'm not that attached to. A Golem:

Vvd98.png

And a Fearow:

bBRJh.png

Would anyone like to trade a different shiny for one of them? I'd make specific requests but shiny Pokemon are rare enough for that to be pointless, so just make me an offer.

D-Pad

Roto13 said:
So, aside from clones and the Red Gyarados, I have two shinies I'm not that attached to. A Golem:

Vvd98.png

And a Fearow:

bBRJh.png

Would anyone like to trade a different shiny for one of them? I'd make specific requests but shiny Pokemon are rare enough for that to be pointless, so just make me an offer.

No! Wait until I level up Tangela, Snivy, and Starly, so we can do another shiny tradeback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom