• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
kyo_daikun said:
Question: Can only 1 global link account be attached to each game? No way to get all the eevee evolutions from the website game?

Not without multiple game carts and trainer club accounts.

Gravijah

I wonder how the WFC is going to work in the 3DS games. Having to add someone to your 3DS friends list just to trade seems like it would be a pain. Maybe they'll add in joinable rooms?

Finn

Fuck. I beat the Elite 4 and now whenever I go anywhere near Route 15 (or is it 14) I get my ass handed to me by everything. I also just had one of those ridiculous double battles before and all but two of my team had been KOed and I couldn't switch any of my team in or out. Had to restart. Thanks, Game Freak.

D-Pad

Finn said:
Fuck. I beat the Elite 4 and now whenever I go anywhere near Route 15 (or is it 14) I get my ass handed to me by everything. I also just had one of those ridiculous double battles before and all but two of my team had been KOed and I couldn't switch any of my team in or out. Had to restart. Thanks, Game Freak.

Here's a tip about that, and no it's not funny because I almost forgot it as well and was panicking. :p

When you're in double or triple battles and you need to switch in a new Pokemon, you have to drag the Pokemon to the top left of your roster. It's incredibly stupid but I'm sure there's a reason for it. Maybe because some moves only affect Pokemon in a certain area of the field.

Salsa

Finn said:

haha yeah, i also freaked out there, but i eventually did what D-Pad said. You really think there was NO WAY to get out of that situation ??

Finn

SalsaShark said:
haha yeah, i also freaked out there, but i eventually did what D-Pad said. You really think there was NO WAY to get out of that situation ??
Oh. Well now I feel like an ass.

I panickkkkkked.

Articalys

D-Pad said:
Here's a tip about that, and no it's not funny because I almost forgot it as well and was panicking. :p

When you're in double or triple battles and you need to switch in a new Pokemon, you have to drag the Pokemon to the top left of your roster. It's incredibly stupid but I'm sure there's a reason for it. Maybe because some moves only affect Pokemon in a certain area of the field.
?
What does this refer to? I've been able to swap Pokemon in and out of multi-battles just fine the normal way. Unless I'm misunderstanding the situation...

Gravijah

Articalys said:
?
What does this refer to? I've been able to swap Pokemon in and out of multi-battles just fine the normal way. Unless I'm misunderstanding the situation...

In double battles when both Pokemon faint at once.

Andrex said:
Not without multiple game carts and trainer club accounts.

Guessed as much, got Espeon on my main account, i'll put that on my main game.

Probably make 6 more accounts and just keep restarting my pokemon black that I havent started yet and just trade them over 1 by 1, bit of a mission tho...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sarcasm said:
Okay this is my first DSI (DS) game, how do I do the FC thing?

After you get a Pal Pad, talk to the middle woman on the top floor of any Pokemon Center, she'll walk you through it.

Then, you can check your Friend Code and add others by selecting your Pal Pad from the Key Items pocket of your bag.

Vect said:
This flash game is beginning to infuriate me...

Just play slow and only get the symbols for the eevee evolution you want, its not too bad once you get used to it (god knows what this game has to do with getting eevee's in the first place...)

D-Pad

Sarcasm said:
Okay this is my first DSI (DS) game, how do I do the FC thing?
Go to the middle receptionist at the top floor of the Pokemon center to receive your Pal Pad. She/he'll have you connect to the Nintendo Wi-fi network and then disconnect (it's automatic). The Pal Pad will then be located in the Key Items pocket in your item bag, where you can then open it up and register your friends as well as view your own code.

Edit- beaten.s

Andrex, for the OP, you should make images that match the season. Like the borders and stuff:
50T70.png

For example, in-game Autumn could be orange and have leaves on it. Winter could be white or something with snow on top.

Unless everybody's seasons are different then it wouldn't work...

Lone_Prodigy said:
The new Dowsing Machine is so good. No more running around with my finger/stylus on the bottom screen or tapping it machine-gun-style.
Yeah man, I really appreciate the change as well.
Roto13 said:
So I found my first ever wild shiny just now, after playing every generation of Pokemon since 1998. A Fearow. It attacked me in a team

It's probably the original Spearow that attacked Ash in Pallet Town!
StateofMind said:
Thank you very much!

...I have no idea why that Lillipup had a Great Ball.
Some Lilipup's get the ability 'Pick Up' which allows them to sometimes pick up random items as you travel around.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
Go to the middle receptionist at the top floor of the Pokemon center to receive your Pal Pad. She/he'll have you connect to the Nintendo Wi-fi network and then disconnect (it's automatic). The Pal Pad will then be located in the Key Items pocket in your item bag, where you can then open it up and register your friends as well as view your own code.

Edit- beaten.s

Andrex, for the OP, you should make images that match the season. Like the borders and stuff:
50T70.png

For example, in-game Autumn could be orange and have leaves on it. Winter could be white or something with snow on top.

Unless everybody's seasons are different then it wouldn't work...

The problem with that is two-fold:

- There isn't enough content for each season to justify their own section.
- There isn't enough room in the OP even if there was (very close to the 24k character limit right now)

Still, I love getting suggestions for the OP, so thanks!

Gravijah

Shiggie said:
Anyone knows?

bulbapedia sez

"Defiant raises the user's Attack stat by two stages for each stat lowered by an opponent, including the Attack stat. This does not include self-induced stat drops like those from Close Combat. Defiant will not activate if the user's stat is lowered by an ally in double and triple battles. "

D-Pad

Andrex said:
The problem with that is two-fold:

- There isn't enough content for each season to justify their own section.
- There isn't enough room in the OP even if there was (very close to the 24k character limit right now)

Still, I love getting suggestions for the OP, so thanks!

No, I meant switching out the images for the season to match the season currently in the game. So when winter rolls around, you'd replace the borders and section dividers with winter verions.

Edit - Stupidly quick example:
Autumn:
lS1lE.png

Winter:
[
uBjS1.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sarcasm said:
I got my FC, PM if anybody wants! Or I can post here =D

Or you can post it in the list linked at the bottom of the OP. The full list is also at the bottom of the OP.

D-Pad said:
No, I meant switching out the images for the season to match the season currently in the game. So when winter rolls around, you'd replace the borders and section dividers with winter verions.

Edit - Stupidly quick example:
Autumn:
lS1lE.png

Winter:
[
uBjS1.png

Oooooooh that looks good!

Umm, the image pack which includes the headers is linked in the source code Google Doc. They're in .xcf, is that something you can work with? Unfortunately I can't do cool stuff like that yet. :p

NeoForte said:
Finally beat it!.... and got a non-glaceon called Leafeon :p Gonna retry~

Like I said in my previous post, avoid collecting the spheres of the elements you dont want, just grab loads of ice ones and you will get glaceon

D-Pad

Andrex said:
Or you can post it in the list linked at the bottom of the OP. The full list is also at the bottom of the OP.

Oooooooh that looks good!

Umm, the image pack which includes the headers is linked in the source code Google Doc. They're in .xcf, is that something you can work with? Unfortunately I can't do cool stuff like that yet. :p

Ah, I'll give it a shot then. :D

.xcf is my baby's format.

Articalys said:
All it does is copy the face and color pallet of Pokemon A onto Pokemon B, but it's still terribly amusing. Case in point:
http://i.imgur.com/i82BN.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I know. It's cheesy, but I spent like 10 minutes hitting randomize. My favorite was mixing Charmeleon and Charmeleon.

[quote=Andrex][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0UFnj.png[IMG]

This is horrifying.[/quote]
Ha ha ha.

Gravijah

Sarcasm said:
So I am playing some game on that pokemon site..its annoying..how do I know when I get the chance of meeting?

4 stages. Whichever of the falling elements you get the most of is who you get. Can keep repeating it until you get the one you want.

isny

napkin dispenser
Gravijah said:
4 stages. Whichever of the falling elements you get the most of is who you get. Can keep repeating it until you get the one you want.

You can't redeem for the Eevee's yet though can you?

D-Pad

Sarcasm said:
Question is whats everybody going for? =D
Espeon.

Settled for Flareon though. I'm sure we'll become the best of friends, and we'll have some awesome battles together. We'll travel around Unova and meet other Pokemon and make some new friends. Of course I could have also done the same with an awesome Espeon but hey I got to look forward to ol' buddy ol' pal. #n_____n#--b

Gravijah

D-Pad said:
Espeon.

Settled for Flareon though. I'm sure we'll become the best of friends, and we'll have some awesome battles together. We'll travel around Unova and meet other Pokemon and make some new friends. Of course I could have also done the same with an awesome Espeon but hey I got to look forward to ol' buddy ol' pal. #n_____n#--b

Settled for a Flareon huh? I'm "settling' for an Espeon. :p

D-Pad said:
Espeon.

I got Espeon on my first try, luckily. Well, rather, I got Espeon the first time I managed to beat the stupid game. Took me at least 45 minutes to make it through the game once. >_>

Aurarian

I just started playing and am wondering what would be the first good pokemon you can get after leaving the first town. I picked Oshawott as my starter cause I found him irresistibly cute but the dog(Lillipup) and the rat(Patrat) don't look like they're good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom