• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

Duane Cunningham said:
Oh, and don't laugh, but I have one other simplistic noob question that's probably been answered somewhere in the last 150 pages:

Is it still possible/feasible to Catch 'em ALL™? I mean, obviously the Gen V dex can be filled up, but if I wanted to go nuts and get all 649, can it be done? Or are there some kind of "event Pokemon" that are gone forever?
You can get event Pokemon if you don't mind clones. It's impossible to catch every Pokemon in Gen V, but you can catch most if you play the Gen IV games too, and what's left can probably be traded. I completed the National Dex in Black, minus the Gen V event legendaries that haven't been released yet. (They don't count, anyway.)

zoukka said:
Using Veekuns information, how will my Venipede learn Megahorn? It shows in Scolipede move list and level learned is blank?

Whenever you see that for any pokemon it means it can "remember" it. So go to the move relearner lady in Mistralton(sp?) and give her a Heart Scale to (re)learn it.

Roto13 said:
You can get event Pokemon if you don't mind clones. It's impossible to catch every Pokemon in Gen V, but you can catch most if you play the Gen IV games too, and what's left can probably be traded. I completed the National Dex in Black, minus the Gen V event legendaries that haven't been released yet. (They don't count, anyway.)

Cool! Maybe I'll give it a shot, then. I did play Diamond, and filled most of the gen IV Dex, and also got some key I-III legendaries from a friend at the time.

Roto13

Duane Cunningham said:
Cool! Maybe I'll give it a shot, then. I did play Diamond, and filled most of the gen IV Dex, and also got some key I-III legendaries from a friend at the time.
It might be a good idea to pick up HeartGold or SoulSilver, too. Between that and Diamond/Pearl there's almost nothing you can't catch. (Also, HG/SS is just really good. :p)

zoukka

Endless-Bravado said:
Whenever you see that for any pokemon it means it can "remember" it. So go to the move relearner lady in Mistralton(sp?) and give her a Heart Scale to (re)learn it.

Thanks!

Wiseblade

Crunched said:
Is Leafeon even in this breakout game gahhh
Leafeon and Glaceon orbs are only on the last level. So if you want to get either of them, you have to spend the first three levels avoiding almost everything. ¬.¬

Espada

zoukka said:
Using Veekuns information, how will my Venipede learn Megahorn? It shows in Scolipede move list and level learned is blank?

That's a Move Relearner move. Go to the house to the right of the Pokemon Center in Mistralton City, and talk to the woman in the upper left. She'll let you teach your pokemon a move it has forgotten in exchange for a heartscale. Megahorn will be one of the first ones you see for Scolipede.

Edit: Whoops, beaten. That's what I get for taking so long to double check.

Wiseblade said:
2cqf9rl.jpg
- Leonardo

aoan4g.jpg
- Raphael

2lsxzdu.jpg
- Donatello

21j0s43.jpg
- Michelangelo

15p2ycz.jpg
- Splinter

23h8xh1.jpg
- Casey Jones

Anyone got any better "casting" choices?

Pawnaird as Shredder?

Can anyone help me evolve my Boldore and Gurrdurr? I also need a Vullaby (have a Rufflet to trade) and would like to get Reshiram's dex data (trade-tradeback).

Number 31 on the OP's Friend code list.

Morokh

I need help figuring a breeding chain out because this one really makes me scratch my head hard xD

If i Want a Conkeldurr with Mach punch and Drain Punch how do I do that ? :eek:

Mach punch from a Hitmonchan but how do I add Drain Punch in the equation.

Wiseblade

Morokh said:
I need help figuring a breeding chain out because this one really makes me scratch my head hard xD

If i Want a Conkeldurr with Mach punch and Drain Punch how do I do that ? :eek:

Mach punch from a Hitmonchan but how do I add Drain Punch in the equation.

Sorry, but as far as I know, it's impossible to get both onto a Timburr at the same time.

Wiseblade said:
Sorry, but as far as I know, it's impossible to get both onto a Timburr at the same time.
No, it's possible, but it's just as tricky as making Dark Pulse Deinos. You need to teach Drain Punch to a Hitmonchan in a fourth gen game via TM 60, then transfer it over to B/W.

shaowebb

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Pawnaird as Shredder?

Don't forget Ditto as Krang, Rhyperior as Rocksteady, and Mammoswine Bebop

PS: I figured I'd see what I could get for a Leafeon since I only imported this one for breeding up a fresh one.

I have a:

Leafeon (Female)
LVL:65
Nature:Quiet

MOVES:Solar Beam/Grass Knot/Sunny Day/Giga Drain

It's rare I get rid of an Eevee-lution ever because I obsess over them, but it's kind of a hassle to get Eevee's in this game and I didn't want a high level one for playing, just breeding and I got that covered.

So, I'm spreading the love.

What can anyone offer me?

Morokh

Reticent Rhino said:
No, it's possible, but it's just as tricky as making Dark Pulse Deinos. You need to teach Drain Punch to a Hitmonchan in a fourth gen game via TM 60, then transfer it over to B/W.

Thank you ! :D

shaowebb

So no one has anything for Leafeon? I don't care if it's low level or anything since I'm still leveling team Eevee for elite four. Just preferably something Gen 4 or something I don't have from Gen 5 white like a Braviary.

zumphry

Banned
baGN2.gif
XuVwP.gif
niRlf.gif

I still have a desire to go through a game with a Red/Ash team of starters. Still hate losing both my Gold and Yellow carts at the same time. :/

Espada

DryvBy2 said:
So, has anyone found any neat secrets to reveal? I just finished Gym One and I'm loving this game so far.
I can't think of many off the top of my head, but a nice one is to hold L and select an attack with A to see the move's info.

Zayne, I know it's not Red's full team but I trained up Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle not too long ago. It was pretty fun, and Charmeleon's Dragon Rage makes leveling up in the early parts of the game a breeze.

There isn't an ID number lottery in this one, is there? Between the GTS and importing a bunch of Pokemon I've got a crapload of different ID numbers. I wanna win some stuff!

Roto13

Inferno313 said:
There isn't an ID number lottery in this one, is there? Between the GTS and importing a bunch of Pokemon I've got a crapload of different ID numbers. I wanna win some stuff!
No, but there is a guy in the Pokemon Center at that big city with the name I forget who will give you rewards based on how many IDs you have up to 50, for a Master Ball.

shaowebb

Holy shit my Team Eevee is going to learn them some Hidden Power. Flareon hidden power is WATER and Leafeon's is Rock!

Good times.

I love my Zoroark and all, but goddamn that thing cannot take a hit. Getting one-shotted by all manner of unSTABbed attacks and even a few NVE ones. Shit sucks.

Espada

Electivirus said:
I love my Zoroark and all, but goddamn that thing cannot take a hit. Getting one-shotted by all manner of unSTABbed attacks and even a few NVE ones. Shit sucks.

And that's how sweepers are for the most part. High offensive power and speed, low health and defenses. You just have to set them up to KO quickly and they'll be fine.

Just sent out a Level 1 Tepig holding a lucky egg against a level 67 Nidoking, then swapped it out and destroyed the Nidoking. Tepig went up 30 levels from that. Glorious.

Salsa

Electivirus said:

Yup. I got rid of my Zoroark and ended up using Zekrom for a while given the short-notice although i dont like using legendaries. He just sucked.

I managed to make some time on my schedule and im now starting the post-game. Gotta grind like a bitch.

JVIDICAN

Double battle anyone? My tourney teams doing great on wi-fi, but that could just be because most double battlers on there are terrible. I need an actual challenge. :p

Delio

Soo i've taken a break from tournament breeding and playing HG again. I have to say my Chikorita isnt doing that bad as long as i view it as more of a support to my other guys.

JVIDICAN said:
Double battle anyone? My tourney teams doing great on wi-fi, but that could just be because most double battlers on there are terrible. I need an actual challenge. :p

My team isn't originally meant for this, but I'd like to try it anyway. What's your FC? Mine's on the list.

Jeels

Holy Order Sol said:
You have much more freedom when it comes to battling though. The game does a better job at making more Pokémon available overall in the early areas than the previous generations.

About one extra Pokemon per route makes for a very dull adventure...

Hell, it is so dull and restrictive that the game has to GIVE you another elemental Pokemon before the first gym because all you can catch is a rat and a dog up to that point.

Jeels said:
About one extra Pokemon per route makes for a very dull adventure...

Hell, it is so dull and restrictive that the game has to GIVE you another elemental Pokemon before the first gym because all you can catch is a rat and a dog up to that point.

And a cat and a fat pink... thing.

Jeels said:
Hell, it is so dull and restrictive that the game has to GIVE you another
elemental Pokemon before the first gym because all you can catch is a rat and a dog up to that point.

I was taking that one into account whrn I posted. It being given to you does not make it not count.

Red

Wiseblade said:
Leafeon and Glaceon orbs are only on the last level. So if you want to get either of them, you have to spend the first three levels avoiding almost everything. ¬.¬
Man this game sucks. My mouse keeps going out of the game screen and I keep missing :(

Got to stage three, started catching what looked like leaves? Made the paddle sticky.

Ha fuck it, aint worth it.

Merovin

Crunched said:
Man this game sucks. My mouse keeps going out of the game screen and I keep missing :(

Got to stage three, started catching what looked like leaves? Made the paddle sticky.

Ha fuck it, aint worth it.

They key is patience, thankfully only took me a few tries for my Glaceon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom