• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

zoukka said:
Also how do I get into the grass patch where there's an old guy saying "I sense a fierce pokemon around". Also do I need "dig" to hunt for the treasures shown in the "radar".

You don't have to dig, just click A next to the dot. Also, where are you talking about with the firece Pokemon stuff?

zoukka said:
Also how do I get into the grass patch where there's an old guy saying "I sense a fierce pokemon around". Also do I need "dig" to hunt for the treasures shown in the "radar".
He's the same cock-block that stops you from leaving the first town without beating the gym. Just an invisible wall really. Not sure when he leaves his post in the forest.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
BW being 10 years after DPPt is fan speculation, right?

10 years is, but it's definitely after D/P. I would probably guess 5 years based on Caitlin's appearance.

D-Pad said:
What font does the NeoGAF logo use?

Dunno, and m0dus did the new design so he would probably know.

JVIDICAN

Blue_Gecko said:
He's the same cock-block that stops you from leaving the first town without beating the gym. Just an invisible wall really. Not sure when he leaves his post in the forest.
After you capture/defeat the first of Black and Whites
musketeer trio.
:-

D-Pad

@Andrex: Yeah... I'm just wait until tomorrow. :p Glad you like the banners though. I had planned on doing the screen borders in the same fashion, unless you rather I not.

Blue_Gecko said:
You are a Gentletrainer and a Pokescholar, D-Pad. Many thanks.
Glad I could help!

Edit - I did change the Pokeball BTW, with one I found online. However, I do wish I could find hi-res versions of the Black and White logos.

lLy6b.jpg

OMG Aero

So since it will be Winter tomorrow, are there any things that you can only do in Autumn? So I can make sure I don't miss anything and have to wait another three months to do it.
The only things I can think of at the moment are capturing the Autumn forms of Deerling and Sawsbuck for the Pokedex and to show to the season research guy, and the ferris wheel battle (Which isn't really important anyway).

Gravijah

Blue_Gecko said:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/77/Dream_Black_Flute_Sprite.png[mg][/QUOTE]

I bet GF made the encounters so annoying in BW so that they could get rid of random battles altogher in Gen VI. Yeah, you heard me! ;(

vall03

fuck yeah! I've finally completed the Pokedex for the first time ever! I've played all Pokemon games but I have never completed them before and the closest I got was around 400+ in my Pearl!

guess I'll stop playing Pokemon for a while... I really need to finish my backlog. Havent touched my Golden Sun: DD and Okamiden yet and Im still waiting for my copy Trails in the Sky and The 3rd Birthday. Will pass on creating a team for now...

Gravijah

Trying to get a Ralts to pop up with a nature I can deal with in game. FML.

Edit: I would be happy at this point to get a single Ralts to pop up.

Edit2: Oh thank you lord. First Ralts is neutral nature.

vall03 said:
fuck yeah! I've finally completed the Pokedex for the first time ever! I've played all Pokemon games but I have never completed them before and the closest I got was around 400+ in my Pearl!

guess I'll stop playing Pokemon for a while... I really need to finish my backlog. Havent touched my Golden Sun: DD and Okamiden yet and Im still waiting for my copy Trails in the Sky and The 3rd Birthday. Will pass on creating a team for now...
I feel you on the backlog bit. Golden Sun is still sitting untouched on my dresser after getting it for Christmas, despite being so hyped about it beforehand.

vall03

Blue_Gecko said:
I feel you on the backlog bit. Golden Sun is still sitting untouched on my dresser after getting it for Christmas, despite being so hyped about it beforehand.
yeah backlogs are so difficult, but I what I find weird is the time I spent to complete the Pokedex which is around 96 hours excluding my time with my Black version. And before I even started Pokemon, I was able to finish Ys I & II and Radiant Historia... and Im very busy at school to boot!

I have no life

Salsa

Blue_Gecko said:

As a huge Golden Sun fan: Dark Dawn sucks.

Im so sorry :(

Articalys

Okay, Elite Four R2 complete!
Now I actually have a Hall of Fame entry.
Now to find that Thundurus I accidentally killed a while ago, then finish off the Unovadex. Which would be easier if it weren't for all the Pokemon you can't find in the wild that evolve at stupidly high levels from Pokemon you can only find at stupidly low levels.

Roto13

SalsaShark said:
As a huge Golden Sun fan: Dark Dawn sucks.

Im so sorry :(
Oh, don't feel bad. Some people are just born stupid. ;P

Dark Dawn is great. Better than the first two, if anything, except for the missable Djinn and summons.

Articalys said:
Okay, Elite Four R2 complete!
Now I actually have a Hall of Fame entry.
Now to find that Thundurus I accidentally killed a while ago, then finish off the Unovadex. Which would be easier if it weren't for all the Pokemon you can't find in the wild that evolve at stupidly high levels from Pokemon you can only find at stupidly low levels.

Just beat the E4 R2, myself. Zoroark decimated everything...now I just need to grind the Battle Subway for Choice Items/Life Orbs...ugh.

Chorazin

Roto13 said:
Oh, don't feel bad. Some people are just born stupid. ;P

Dark Dawn is great. Better than the first two, if anything, except for the missable Djinn and summons.

Really? I played half way through so far and I think it's the worst in the series. So fucking boring, the combat is easy as hell, and the puzzles are dead simple. I fear that unless it gets better it'll be traded in soon.

Roto13

Chorazin said:
Really? I played half way through so far and I think it's the worst in the series. So fucking boring, the combat is easy as hell, and the puzzles are dead simple. I fear that unless it gets better it'll be traded in soon.
So did you guys play completely different versions of the first two games that were actually challenging in some way?

Started watching the anime from diamond and pearl. Wasn't expecting much, but this is super fun to watch. I remember the Indigo league anime as a kid and it being awesome. I also remember trying to watch the indigo league again and feeling like "meh". However, diamond and pearl season it's super fun to watch. There's a good mix between aimed at kids and mature content, was seriously surprising. One of the weirdest parts was when James was talking about his "M.O" . Kids at 12 years old are not gonna know what an M.O is, heck I didn't even know until i was 17 or something.

Good show, I am approve.

Adamm

Soru said:
Started watching the anime from diamond and pearl. Wasn't expecting much, but this is super fun to watch. I remember the Indigo league anime as a kid and it being awesome. I also remember trying to watch the indigo league again and feeling like "meh". However, diamond and pearl season it's super fun to watch. There's a good mix between aimed at kids and mature content, was seriously surprising. One of the weirdest parts was when James was talking about his "M.O" . Kids at 12 years old are not gonna know what an M.O is, heck I didn't even know until i was 17 or something.

Good show, I am approve.
After playing this game i keep wanting to back to watching to Anime, i remeber loving it when i was a kid.
& Since i still love the game I should still love the anime, right? Right!

Think I will go back to Black tomorrow seeing as there is a change in scenery. ^_^ I think I burnt out after finishing White and then moving straight to Black. 4th gym, here I come.

xSL4INx

So, I've got boxes full of Sandiles at level 1 that know Crunch and Earthquake.

If anyone wants any, let me know now, since I'm going to start releasing them to make room in my pc.

Parents were Japanese Krookodile and American Krookodile that were bred using the Masuda Method to obtain a shiny Sandile.

OMG Aero

xSL4INx said:
So, I've got boxes full of Sandiles at level 1 that know Crunch and Earthquake.

If anyone wants any, let me know now, since I'm going to start releasing them to make room in my pc.

Parents were Japanese Krookodile and American Krookodile that were bred using the Masuda Method to obtain a shiny Sandile.
Did you actually get a shiny? How many eggs did it take?

Roto13

BGBW said:
So tomorrow will be winter. Oooh the excitement.
What actually changes anyway? I know you can find Vanillishes and Spheals more commonly, and Icurrus City and Twist Mountain change a bit. Anything else?

MatthewB92 said:
My Ds hinge D: It's about to snap off ;( I'm sad.

I have TWO DS Lites that snapped off. It's a defect that should have gotten more outcry.
I'm not getting another one, and don't want a 3DS until the 2nd revision.
when it's not ugly

Salsa

My DS lite's upper screen is completely fucked. It's just plain white. I have to leave it on for like an hour to get it to show anything, or, you know, leave the system open foreverrr

Good thing i got an XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom