• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

Gravijah said:
Settled for a Flareon huh? I'm "settling' for an Espeon. :p
One day we're gonna pass each other and when you look down at your DS you're gonna see a Flareon where your Espeon should be. Then you're going to remember this post.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Aurarian said:
I just started playing and am wondering what would be the first good pokemon you can get after leaving the first town. I picked Oshawott as my starter cause I found him irresistibly cute but the dog(Lillipup) and the rat(Patrat) don't look like they're good at all.

Lillipup evolves into a great physical Normal type. I mean, it's Normal so it is kind of bland, but it does get STAB on Normal attacks and its Attack stat is pretty great.

Christine

Okay, so I've got an Adamant Axew with the following IVs:

HP: 14 - 15
Atk: 28-29
Def: 31
SpA: 5
SpD: 25
Speed: 31

Any suggestions for how I should EV train or a good move set?

Gravijah

The Broken Ska Record said:
I didn't like Lilipup at first because he looked too close to a Yorkie, but the more I use him, the more I like him.

It's the opposite for Purrloin.

Fuck you, Game Freak. Fuck you.

Seriously confused that a lot of you had problems with the flash game. I found it not only easy to beat but once I realized the mechanics, I snagged an Espeon rather easily.

Not a lot of hand-eye coordination amongst PokeGAF? Actually, it might be largely due to the fact that the game isn't coded very well...

I should outsource my skills to help people snag the Pokemon they want. :]

Gravijah said:
It's the opposite for Purrloin.

Fuck you, Game Freak. Fuck you.

Sensing some serious PokeHATE here. Did you end up leveling Purrlion deep into the game only to be disappointed or something?

I ditched him after the second gym after his evolution didn't impress me much.

I just beat Burgh and am exploring the rest of the city before I move on. I'm pretty far behind in terms of the game story so I'm not sure I'll have a team together for any tournament play in the near future, but it's possible. I've tons of options from my bursting-at-the-seams boxes in Heart Gold, so when I eventually beat the E4 I'll have that as a resource.

Gravijah

Blue_Gecko said:
Seriously confused that a lot of you had problems with the flash game. I found it not only easy to beat but once I realized the mechanics, I snagged an Espeon rather easily.

Not a lot of hand-eye coordination amongst PokeGAF? Actually, it might be largely due to the fact that the game isn't coded very well...

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

I wish it was PEL though.

NeoForte

Blue_Gecko said:

Sensing some serious PokeHATE here. Did you end up leveling Purrlion deep into the game only to be disappointed or something?

I ditched him after the second gym after his evolution didn't impress me much.

I think it's more of why Gamefreak sucks with the cat evolutions. After Skitty and her evolution they have been kinda stupid/ugly :/

Gravijah

NeoForte said:
I think it's more of why Gamefreak sucks with the cat evolutions. After Skitty and her evolution they have been kinda stupid/ugly :/

Actually, all of the cats have sucked statistically. All of 'em. Goddamn it.

Well, I suppose the Legendary Cat trio don't suck!

NeoForte said:
imagesqtbnANd9GcSBMoWMFUysO8J3cEmvyeX-H7Z7ej_MdBgRRj6u6I8-31QEq4jKt1.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Actually, all of the cats have sucked statistically. All of 'em. Goddamn it.

Well, I suppose the Legendary Cat trio don't suck!

They're not cats though...

Butane123

TwinIonEngines said:
Okay, so I've got an Adamant Axew with the following IVs:

HP: 14 - 15
Atk: 28-29
Def: 31
SpA: 5
SpD: 25
Speed: 31

Any suggestions for how I should EV train or a good move set?
Max out speed and attack.

As for moves, give him at least Outrage and Earthquake. Then kinda mess around with a few other (brick break, stone edge, dragon claw, sword dance) for your needs.

Christine

Blue_Gecko said:
-My mistake, I actually don't have a Pokemon with an active version of Pokerus-

No worries. Thank you, regardless.

Butane123 said:
Max out speed and attack.

As for moves, give him at least Outrage and Earthquake. Then kinda mess around with a few other (brick break, stone edge, dragon claw, sword dance) for your needs.

Thanks for the input!

P.S. How do you get earthquake on an Axew? Bulbapedia and Serebii don't mention it as a possibility.

D-Pad

Blue_Gecko said:
Blue_Gecko uses VOLUNTEER REVERSAL. 'May I get in on this poke pox party, too?'

Sure thing :p Taking longer than a second obviously... Apparently these Pokemon took their vitamins because they are refusing to get infected.

Andrex said:
Hrm the GAF font and the... orb? Look a little generic.

Fantastic work on the banners though! I'll get to work on adding them tomorrow.
Thanks! The orb is supposed to be a Pokeball, but I'm not that experienced in PS Elements. :p Maybe someone else can take the PSD file and do something proper, or I could try again tomorrow.

Articalys

Finally got around to making a Pokemon trainer account and gave the breakout game a whirl. Aimed for and got Espeon on my first try, then again I loved breakout when I was a kid. The only hard part is dodging stuff you don't want while not losing the ball. Well that and the patience to finally hit the last target when the screen is otherwise filled with bumpers.

D-Pad said:
Thanks! The orb is supposed to be a Pokeball, but I'm not that experienced in PS Elements. :p Maybe someone else can take the PSD file and do something proper, or I could try again tomorrow.
You could use the game image, unless that's what that was...
Gsc_itemball.png
Dppthgss_itemball.png

zoukka

I'm sporting Pignite, Boldore and Whirlipede right now after the third badge. What would be a nice new Pokemon for my team to complement these types?

Also how do I get into the grass patch where there's an old guy saying "I sense a fierce pokemon around". Also do I need "dig" to hunt for the treasures shown in the "radar".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom