• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Guardian Bob said:
I have TWO DS Lites that snapped off. It's a defect that should have gotten more outcry.
I'm not getting another one, and don't want a 3DS until the 2nd revision.
when it's not ugly

Hey now, it's not that ugly. Anyways, as long as my carts fit in it's slot and it gives me a good time for my money, I can always cover it up or put a bag over it's head...oh wait...what were we talking about again?

D-Pad

isny said:
Time to get a 3DS!
Nonsense! Roll with it for a couple more months until the red 3DS.

bhunV.jpg

Tease me will you, Nintendo? We'll see who gets the last laugh.

isny

napkin dispenser
Roto13 said:
I'm just hoping the shoulder buttons on the 3DS last longer than the ones on the Lite and DSi.

They only break if you put it in your pocket. Just buy a carrying case or get one of the soft ones through Club Nintendo and you'll be fine.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Trying to transfer all my old Pokemon over to White, and... I think I've lost my copy of HeartGold.

Goodbye all my good Shinies, my Deoxys, my Latios, my Arceus, my troupe of L.100 Pickup Pokemon, my otherwise unobtainable Pokemon from other versions and my years old companions.

Fuck my life. ._.

</LiveJournal>

Masked Man

I said wow
Anyone willing to let me borrow their Tornadus so that I can go snag Landorus? I promise to be as quick as possible; likewise, I'm happy to lend out my Thunderus! :D

FC: 1248 4328 2991

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It's been a shitload of years since I properly played a Pokemon game (I was around on the Blue/Green/Yellow era), but do I still have to swap every Pokemon in and out of battle so they can all level up?

Didn't they come up with something better than Pokemon Daycare (which I believe was around in the Gameboy Advance series) to level up my other Pokeymans?

This version seems a lot more streamlined, but shit still drags. Switching Pokemon in and out does not make it any more entertaining.

Edit: the fact that I can't see what each attack does on the attack screen pisses me off greatly. I have to go through menus to see what each attack of each Pokemon does. They have to create this UI with making everything as slow as possible in mind.

Roto13

drizzle said:
It's been a shitload of years since I properly played a Pokemon game (I was around on the Blue/Green/Yellow era), but do I still have to swap every Pokemon in and out of battle so they can all level up?

Didn't they come up with something better than Pokemon Daycare (which I believe was around in the Gameboy Advance series) to level up my other Pokeymans?

This version seems a lot more streamlined, but shit still drags. Switching Pokemon in and out does not make it any more entertaining.
You'll eventually get an item called an Exp. Share (actually, for the first time, you'll get two of them) that lets a Pokemon gain experience even if it doesn't take part in battle. There's a new experience scaling system that helps weaker Pokemon catch up a lot faster too. (Seriously, a Pokemon can go from level 1 to level 30 in one battle.)

Also, the daycare isn't really for raising Pokemon. It doesn't work well for that purpose.

drizzle said:
the fact that I can't see what each attack does on the attack screen pisses me off greatly. I have to go through menus to see what each attack of each Pokemon does. They have to create this UI with making everything as slow as possible in mind.
If you hold L+A when selecting an attack, it shows what it does.

Ha ha. Someone mentioned it yesterday. I did it while playing last night, and was blown away. :p

Also, I'm on the third gym, and I just know Victini is going to be a monster even if it's at a much lower level than the stuff I'm fighting.

MrMephistoX

Are Pikachu or Jiggly Puff hidden anywhere? If not would anyone with extras be willing to trade? Otherwise could I say just gamefly a copy and transfer them without completing Heart Gold?

Masked Man

I said wow
MrMephistoX said:
Are Pikachu or Jiggly Puff hidden anywhere? If not would anyone with extras be willing to trade? Otherwise could I say just gamefly a copy and transfer them without completing Heart Gold?

I know that Jigglypuff appears on
Route 14
, but I can't remember if Pikachu shows up in-game or not.

Roto13

MrMephistoX said:
Jigglypuff is in there. You'll have to trade for a Pikachu, though. Which I actually just checked and now I'm kind of shocked (lulz) that you can't catch him in Black and White. That has to be a first.

Buying another game will not be necessary. :p Pikachu is easy enough to trade for. Someone here will probably breed one for you. I can do it later, but someone else can probably help you now.

EDIT: God, the trivia sections of Bulbapedia articles are pointless. "Pikachu is the first Pokémon in the National Pokédex listing to have a baby relative." THAT IS SO INTERESTING TELL ME MORE

AdamMPSP

Okay, you guys. I made a new Pokemon inspired sketch called Phonemon. You should watch it, and not just because of my awesome Pokemon special effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7AaS3A_v7w

Let me know what you think, ie if you LOLed. Also, if anyone can say anything to help me justify buying Black/White when I still haven't beaten the elite four in Heartgold, PLEASE SAY IT NOW SO I CAN GO TO THE STORE RIGHT NOW AND BUY IT THANKS.

Zertez

Anyone have a female Squirtle or Bulbasaur for trade, any level? I have all Gen 4 and 5 starters, most things from White for trade, outside legendaries. I would be willing to send back a lvl 1 female as well.

D-Pad

Dr. Feel Good said:
Can I import FireRed guys into my White version?
Not directly. You'll need to transfer them into Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver first. Once you've defeated the Elite 4 you can then use the transfer machine to trade them to White. Note, however, you'll need two DS's to do so.

MatthewB92 said:
N's farewell reminds me of mother 3 ;(
How?

Magnus

Is there a thread devoted to a wishlist for future Pokemon games? Pokemon at large is too huge a topic for one thread.

First off, I would love the option of choosing which Pokemon to bring out first for wild Pokemon encounters. I can't understand why this wasn't implemented a decade ago.

And I mean, it works in context too; trainer sees a Chansey in the wild, or whatever, and makes the decision on which Pokemon to unleash to combat it.

Magnus said:
Is there a thread devoted to a wishlist for future Pokemon games? Pokemon at large is too huge a topic for one thread.

First off, I would love the option of choosing which Pokemon to bring out first for wild Pokemon encounters. I can't understand why this wasn't implemented a decade ago.

And I mean, it works in context too; trainer sees a Chansey in the wild, or whatever, and makes the decision on which Pokemon to unleash to combat it.

Yes, make an already painfully slow process even slower. Sounds like a great idea.

Merovin

Magnus said:

Dr. Feel Good said:
Yes, make an already painfully slow process even slower. Sounds like a great idea.

That could easily be implemented without slowing down the game, when the screen comes up saying "Wild Chansey appeared", instead of having to press A to proceed, you just get your party on the touch screen, touch the one that you want and continue on as normal. Could work quite well for wilds, and maybe add a run button there too? Easy running? If only.

D-Pad said:
Not directly. You'll need to transfer them into Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver first. Once you've defeated the Elite 4 you can then use the transfer machine to trade them to White. Note, however, you'll need two DS's to do so.

How?
N's farewell
Love theme
Mostly the beginning but still I remember ;(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Merovin said:
That could easily be implemented without slowing down the game, when the screen comes up saying "Wild Chansey appeared", instead of having to press A to proceed, you just get your party on the touch screen, touch the one that you want and continue on as normal. Could work quite well for wilds, and maybe add a run button there too? Easy running? If only.
Exactly. It doesn't need to be:

"A Wild <wildpokemon> appeared."
<Press A>
"Please choose which pokemon
you want to battle Wild <wildpokemon>
with."
<Press A>
List of pokemon
<Press A>
"I choose you, <Pokemon>!"
<Press A>
Battle Starts

That's how the game is today. If a list of your pokeymans showed up when you're entering a random battle, and the selection of Pokemon is also the buttonpress to actually start the battle, it wouldn't be any slower.

They really should Streamline some of that shit. Entering in a Pokecenter is horrible. Slow zoom on the door, then I have to walk another 4 blocks to get to the counter, so the woman can say: "welcome to the pokemon center, here you can heal your pokemon. Do you want to heal your pokemon now?"

Fuck, I'm here, of course I want to heal my pokemon. If I didn't, I wouldn't have come to talk to you.

Masked Man

I said wow
D-Pad said:
Oh the music! I thought your were talking about the scene itself. And yes, I said the same thing earlier in the thread. :p The first part is dead similar.

(<3 Mother 3)

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I'm always happy to see my favorite game ever get a little more lovin'. <3

upandaway

500.png
526.png
579.png

553.png
628.png
612.png

Woo! All finally evolved.

Now (well tomorrow) it's time to fully explore Unova in the winter. I dunno how much there is to find but I'm gonna get all of it.

OMG Aero

drizzle said:
They really should Streamline some of that shit. Entering in a Pokecenter is horrible. Slow zoom on the door, then I have to walk another 4 blocks to get to the counter, so the woman can say: "welcome to the pokemon center, here you can heal your pokemon. Do you want to heal your pokemon now?"

Fuck, I'm here, of course I want to heal my pokemon. If I didn't, I wouldn't have come to talk to you.
It would be really nice if there was some sort of quick heal in the Pokemon Centres instead you having to go through the same dialogue and glowing ball animation every time.
Like how when you talk to a nurse or doctor on a route you get one text box, the screen fades out and in quickly, another text box and then you are done.

Mr. Sam

upandaway said:
Now (well tomorrow) it's time to fully explore Unova in the winter. I dunno how much there is to find but I'm gonna get all of it.

Remember to keep that Dowsing Machine turned on, bro!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
beje said:
Ugh, EV training is so boring that it hurts T___T it takes ages even with the Power items

IV breeding is worse.

And it's not even the breeding part that's bad, it's finding out the actual IVs. Enter each stat one at a time in a calculator, then go to the battle institute, do it again, reset... v_v

Only in Castelia (sp?) City and I'm already SOOO sick of Panpour/sage/sear, the Rat, and the dog...Does the variety ever get any better? I mean obviously newer ones will come in the farther I get but I am still going to have to battle people with 5 of the same pokemon?

This is where it would be great if the other trainers had access the ALL the pokemon. Even if you couldn't get them. Just be nice to change it up a bit..

beje

Banned
Andrex said:
IV breeding is worse.

And it's not even the breeding part that's bad, it's finding out the actual IVs. Enter each stat one at a time in a calculator, then go to the battle institute, do it again, reset... v_v

I've found IV breeding from complete scratch (no perfect IV/nature Dittos) more enjoyable...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
DMG-01 said:
Hold select when you boot up the game.
Yeah I know about the start-select thing. I actually read the manual.

But other games I've played in full screen mode on the 3DS haven't looked this bad.

Roto13 said:
What actually changes anyway? I know you can find Vanillishes and Spheals more commonly, and Icurrus City and Twist Mountain change a bit. Anything else?
Christmas Pokemon style!
This is a lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom