• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
JVIDICAN said:
Don't lie! Our Eel centric teams will dominate the tourny! They'll never be able to get through our beartic/sunfisk defense line. :D

EDIT: And I know the kind of team that can combat your team trying to combat a team that'd use the eel! >:}
But I'm not using the ell all I said was need something for thunderbolt.(Really just flying types.)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Which Pokemon are allowed in the Tournament? Is it Gen V only?

Anyway, finally hatched a Naive Pansear...thanks to Pokerus, I'm halfway done EV training this baby. :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JVIDICAN said:
Yes, My team is fully centered around the eel. Bring plenty of ground and rock types!
KuGsj.gif

JVIDICAN

MatthewB92 said:
But I'm not using the ell all I said was need something for thunderbolt.(Really just flying types.)
Your not following me. lol. Were both using a team consisting of Eelektrik, Beartic, sunfisk, and Patrat. Nothing more needs to be said. ;)

Wiseblade

Watch Da Birdie said:

Anyway, finally hatched a Naive Pansear...thanks to Pokerus, I'm halfway done EV training this baby. :)
Yay! Are you still using the set I posted?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Archen - #566 (Jolly)
HP: 31
Att: 22 - 23
Def: 31
SpA: 0 - 1
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Yeah, I probably won't get a better one than this.

Watch Da Birdie

Wiseblade said:
Yay! Are you still using the set I posted?

Yup! Bred Nasty Plot from Chimchar (fitting), and it learns Crunch at 43 (can't evolve it till then), and Fire Blast and Brick Break come via TM.

DMG-01

Andrex said:
Archen - #566 (Jolly)
HP: 31
Att: 22 - 23
Def: 31
SpA: 0 - 1
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Yeah, I probably won't get a better one than this.
If it's a male, use it for breeding, but otherwise, I wouldn't recommend keeping it; defenses aren't that important for Archen, whereas Attack really is.

Roto13

Watch Da Birdie said:

Why on earth would anyone bother to EV train a Pansear?

Wiseblade

DMG-01 said:
If it's a male, use it for breeding, but otherwise, I wouldn't recommend keeping it; defenses aren't that important for Archen, whereas Attack really is.
8-9 Points aren't going to make much of a difference on most damage calculations though.

Watch Da Birdie

Well, I'm evolving him into a Simisear...plus I like to EV train the odder dudes. Training a Haxorus or Infernape like everyone else bores me, in a way, I guess.

You know, I'm actually wondering Wiseblade...you said to put Brick Break and Crunch on Simisear, yet he's being EV trained in SP. Atk...might Grass Knot be a better option to replace one of those? I mean, my Pansear has it thanks to his Infernape daddy.

EDIT: Forgot Grass Knot was still a TM...I guess I can switch it and Brick Break around depending on the match. Thanks reusable TMs!

Roto13 said:
Why on earth would anyone bother to EV train a Pansear?

Beating people with that is probably the closest thing from trollface.jpg there is in Pokémon. Well, that, Butterfree and Youngster Joey.

Don't mention the guy with six Magikarp, he's clearly on a whole other level.

DMG-01

Wiseblade said:
8-9 Points aren't going to make much of a difference on most damage calculations though.
Seriously? That's an honest question, I really thought that every IV made the difference--especially for crucial stats like Attack on Archen.

DMG-01 said:
Seriously? That's an honest question, I really thought that every IV made the difference--especially for crucial stats like Attack on Archen.

Every point counts when it comes to Speed. The other stats, not so much.

Wiseblade

Watch Da Birdie said:
Well, I'm evolving him into a Simisear...plus I like to EV train the odder dudes. Training a Haxorus or Infernape like everyone else bores me, in a way, I guess.

You know, I'm actually wondering Wiseblade...you said to put Brick Break and Crunch on Simisear, yet he's being EV trained in SP. Atk...might Grass Knot be a better option to replace one of those? I mean, my Pansear has it thanks to his Infernape daddy.

I chose those moves for coverage - Brick Break gets through Blissey, while Crunch hurts Chandelure enough to prevent it setting up on you. If you're not really botherted about either of those, then you could replace it with Grass Knot. It could probably get you through a few of the less bulky water types after a Nasty Plot.

DMG-01 said:

Speed is the only stat where going for 31 is crucial due to its binary nature. Sometimes, you either go first or get killed.

The other stats are more flexible. The difference between 0-31 is still going to be noticable, but <10 off perfect aren't too bad.

Lavpa Jasai said:
I just caught a Sandile.

I nicknamed him "Whatacroc"

How clever am I? :)
I nicknamed my male Alakazam "Dr.Strange" and my female Alakazam "Zatanna".

Beat that suckas!

Edit: Finally caught Victini with my first quickball!

Keyouta

So I'm trying to play Pokemon White on my 3DS, and I've transferred my DS' online profile. When I try and configure the online on Pokemon, it tells me to change my internet settings in the system menu. My 3DS is connected to the router, but when I try and use the DS connection software, it doesn't work. Can anyone help?

I think I'm starting to get burnt/annoyed by White. I'm in Desert Resort and I don't know what to do/where to go. On top of that the sandstorm and the lack of places to heal is pissing me off.

eek5

The Broken Ska Record said:
I think I'm starting to get burnt/annoyed by White. I'm in Desert Resort and I don't know what to do/where to go. On top of that the sandstorm and the lack of places to heal is pissing me off.
Right at the start of the desert area there is a house where a guy can heal you.

edit: whoops i mean at the gate there is a doctor

Gravijah

First or second time?

Roto13

Where are you in the story? The only thing at the Desert Resort the first time you can go there is a fossil.

MatthewB92 said:
How long does it take you guys to normally EV train a pokemon? I can do it in about 45 minutes to an hour. This doesn't include breeding, getting them to level 50 or anything else. I plan on now going ditto IV hunting plus need to do the battle subway to get the rest of the power items.
Prolly around there.

It took me around 35 hours to train my one and only team though. Fuck IV breeding and catching good Dittos

Gravijah

I guess the first since I'm not sure of what you mean.

I'm past that part. I'm closer to Relic Castle, but I can't go any further down because of "too much sand." >=[

The only thing there is to do there at that point is to get the fossil from the lady on the first floor. Just WALK (don't run) over the left side and talk to her.

eek5

I guess the first since I'm not sure of what you mean.

I'm past that part. I'm closer to Relic Castle, but I can't go any further down because of "too much sand." >=[
the sand doesn't clear until you beat E4
You're supposed to go up at the fork at the end of the first desert area, not turn left.

Vanish

does anyone happen to have a magcargo or a chandelure with heat wave on it? i have most pokemon, so just ask for what you want and hopefully i'll have it. i also got a zorua with 31 ivs in hp, special attack and speed that im willing to trade.

DMG-01

Wiseblade said:
Speed is the only stat where going for 31 is crucial due to its binary nature. Sometimes, you either go first or get killed.

The other stats are more flexible. The difference between 0-31 is still going to be noticable, but <10 off perfect aren't too bad.
Huh, good to know.
Gravijah said:
Nicknames are for the weak.
Factually incorrect. My Breloom named Fruitofthe is evidence of that.

Watch Da Birdie

Speed EV Training...complete.
YlluO.jpg

Simisear is one of those Pokemon I felt Sugimori dropped the ball with in terms of the pose in the official art...Oshawott as well. He looks a lot cooler when he's angry and lurking around like a punk as opposed to his limp-wrist thing he's got going on.

I really like this TCG art of him too...

SimisearBlackCollection12.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
All the Simi's have horrible designs. All of them.

Which is a shame because the Pan's didn't have that bad designs (although like someone mentioned, they should have just been different forms like Castform or Wormadam.)

Watch Da Birdie

Hmm...well, I can see why people don't like Simisear, but he's grown on me I guess.

Simisage I definitely think is the best overall, and I have a feeling most would agree, while I definitely dislike Simipour...don't like Panpour much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom