• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
beje said:
At least you can mindlessly multitask while you're hatching eggs. EV training is very easy to fuck up if you're not paying attention.

True. I guess I like being engaged more than doing a mindless task.

OMG Aero

Lavpa Jasai said:
Only in Castelia (sp?) City and I'm already SOOO sick of Panpour/sage/sear, the Rat, and the dog...Does the variety ever get any better? I mean obviously newer ones will come in the farther I get but I am still going to have to battle people with 5 of the same pokemon?

This is where it would be great if the other trainers had access the ALL the pokemon. Even if you couldn't get them. Just be nice to change it up a bit..
You better get used to the monkeys. Game Freak must be really proud of them because there are so many trainers whose whole team just consists of the three of them.

MrMephistoX

Roto13 said:
Jigglypuff is in there. You'll have to trade for a Pikachu, though. Which I actually just checked and now I'm kind of shocked (lulz) that you can't catch him in Black and White. That has to be a first.

Buying another game will not be necessary. :p Pikachu is easy enough to trade for. Someone here will probably breed one for you. I can do it later, but someone else can probably help you now.

EDIT: God, the trivia sections of Bulbapedia articles are pointless. "Pikachu is the first Pokémon in the National Pokédex listing to have a baby relative." THAT IS SO INTERESTING TELL ME MORE

Nice I'd really appreciate it! Really glad I got this with my new 3DS the last Pokemon I really got into was Saphire on GBA.

Roto13

MrMephistoX said:
Nice I'd really appreciate it! Really glad I got this with my new 3DS the last Pokemon I really got into was Saphire on GBA.
Do you want them now? I'm free to breed them if you give me a few minutes. (They'll be a Pichu and an Igglybuff, though. :p)

Masked Man said:
Anyone willing to let me borrow their Tornadus so that I can go snag Landorus? I promise to be as quick as possible; likewise, I'm happy to lend out my Thunderus! :D

FC: 1248 4328 2991

I am also looking for a tornadus pokedex entry (4th try). If anyone wants to help me out too I would really appreciate it ( and let u get the thunderus pokedex entry)

OMG Aero said:
You better get used to the monkeys. Game Freak must be really proud of them because there are so many trainers whose whole team just consists of the three of them.

Oh christ. :/ Whats to be proud of? So meh..

How long does it take you guys to normally EV train a pokemon? I can do it in about 45 minutes to an hour. This doesn't include breeding, getting them to level 50 or anything else. I plan on now going ditto IV hunting plus need to do the battle subway to get the rest of the power items.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MatthewB92 said:
How long does it take you guys to normally EV train a pokemon? I can do it in about 45 minutes to an hour. This doesn't include breeding, getting them to level 50 or anything else. I plan on now going ditto IV hunting plus need to do the battle subway to get the rest of the power items.

Yeah, 30-40 minutes if I have a good spot.

beje

Banned
Andrex, wouldn't you happen to have an Action Replay or something like that so you can help me checking the EVs of a pokémon? I think I screwed it up because the girl in Opelucid says "it can train more"

No, I don't have any kind of AR/GS or flash cart.

Wiseblade

IV breeding hasn't really been much of an issue for me. Although I'm lucky enough to have a Ditto with 31 in HP and Def, another with 31 in S.Atk and various Pokémon in multiple egg groups for the rest.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Got a fresh new stock of Archens. Can't check their exact IVs but they're all Jolly and have the following perfect IVs:

#1: Attack, Special Attack, Speed
#2: Speed
#3: Attack, Speed
#4: HP, Defense, Special Defense, Speed
#5: Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed

I'm thinking of keeping #4 if the Attack IV isn't criminally low. Any thoughts?

beje said:
Andrex, wouldn't you happen to have an Action Replay or something like that so you can help me checking the EVs of a pokémon? I think I screwed it up because the girl in Opelucid says "it can train more"

No, I don't have any kind of AR/GS or flash cart.

No, I don't. I'm afraid if I do I'll give in to the dark side.
KuGsj.gif

MatthewB92 said:
How long does it take you guys to normally EV train a pokemon? I can do it in about 45 minutes to an hour.

Yeah about an hour, without Pokérus but with Power items the most common spreads take something like 50-55 battles. A spread like 252/164/92 can be achieved even faster since you can use more steroids, reducing the number of battles.

IV breeding has become much easier since I got my 3DS. I finally got to transfer my awesome Dittos from Pearl, one of which is Adamant with four perfect IVs (including Attack and Speed).

beje

Banned
Andrex said:
No, I don't. I'm afraid if I do I'll give in to the dark side.
KuGsj.gif

Well, I've found a tool that will dump into a text file the hidden details of any pokémon you try to send through GTS. I'm breeding and training my stuff 100% legally, but things like this are handy, specially when EV-reducing berries are still impossible to get.

Since you can disable saving before trades in this game, did GameFreak put in any measures to stop people from trading Pokemon and then turning their system off to duplicate it?

OMG Aero

Andrex said:
Got a fresh new stock of Archens. Can't check their exact IVs but they're all Jolly and have the following perfect IVs:

Isn't Archen pretty much a glass cannon? Are max IVs in HP and defence really going to help it survive at all?

Masked Man

I said wow
Andrex said:

Isn't Spe the only one that ultimately matters? :p Yes, I know that's trivializing the whole IV thing, but Archen's Atk and SpA are already high enough that you're probably better off investing in its Defenses, particularly because it will be hurting once Defeatist sets in. (Aero makes a good point, though.)

Also, while we're on the subject, I would be more than happy to take one of those off your hands if you don't want one, since White Version doesn't permit me to obtain one in-game. ;P

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OMG Aero said:
Isn't Archen pretty much a glass cannon? Are max IVs in HP and defence really going to help it survive at all?

Good point, but they could come in useful.

Masked Man said:
Isn't Spe the only one that ultimately matters? :p Yes, I know that's trivializing the whole IV thing, but Archen's Atk and SpA are already high enough that you're probably better off investing in its Defenses, particularly because it will be hurting once Defeatist sets in. (Aero makes a good point, though.)

Also, while we're on the subject, I would be more than happy to take one of those off your hands if you don't want one, since White Version doesn't permit me to obtain one in-game. ;P

Sure, but I won't be available for three hours.

Also it is available in White, you just have to choose between it and Tirtouga.

Masked Man

I said wow
Andrex said:
Sure, but I won't be available for three hours.

Also it is available in White, you just have to choose between it and Tirtouga.

Ah, well, I knew that I couldn't obtain it in my game for some reason or another. :p I'll probably be around then. Are you interested in a Tirtouga, or are you looking for something else?

Gravijah

D-Pad said:
Nonsense! Roll with it for a couple more months until the red 3DS.

http://i.imgur.com/bhunV.jpg[MG]

Tease me will you, Nintendo? We'll see who gets the last laugh.[/QUOTE]

Ain't no way that is looking better than my aqua blue in person.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Masked Man said:
Ah, well, I knew that I couldn't obtain it in my game for some reason or another. :p I'll probably be around then. Are you interested in a Tirtouga, or are you looking for something else?

Nah I'm good, thanks though.

D-Pad

Gravijah said:
Ain't no way that is looking better than my aqua blue in person.
Aqua Blue is ugly in person. More like Aqua Tealbarf.

But red never fails. Everything* is sexier in red.

* Wii excluded.

Pappasman

MatthewB92 said:

This is good to know. I'm about to start EV training for the first time.

btkadams

D-Pad said:

But red never fails. Everything* is sexier in red.

* Wii excluded.
the best would be a real baby blue 3ds with bubblegum pink buttons/stick.

yeah i went there.

MrMephistoX

Roto13 said:
Do you want them now? I'm free to breed them if you give me a few minutes. (They'll be a Pichu and an Igglybuff, though. :p)

Sure! I won't be online till later tonight but send me a PM. I really appreciate it and will try to return the favor some how.

D-Pad

Gravijah said:
You are just jealous. It's OK to be jealous.
I was in Gamestop today, and I was looking for Ys 7, and they had all the 3DS boxes out for display out. Temptation was looming, and I almost bought the black one but just then some dude came in and grabbed my shoulder. He had a huge frown on his face and was wearing cop shades. He was all like: Don't do it son, and showed me a picture of the Red 3DS.

He saved my life, and my money.

He also made me forget to buy Ys 7 though, son of a bitch. It was $17.99, used. Maybe I can find it cheaper somewhere else.

TheOGB

Banned
D-Pad said:

But red never fails. Everything is sexier in red*.

*Not as much as purple, in this case.

I haven't actually played this in a few days. I forgot where I left off.

So I guess I know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of today.
*starts playing TF2*

Roto13

MrMephistoX said:
Sure! I won't be online till later tonight but send me a PM. I really appreciate it and will try to return the favor some how.
You have nothing for me. :p I should be active in the thread later on. Say hi.

yeb

My strategy for EV training:

1. Kill 2 Audinos with Exp. Share equipped to get the pokemon to a decent level. (4 total HP EVs)
2. Remove Exp. Share, infect with pokerus.
3. Use 20 vitamins to get 100 EVs in two different stats.
4. Equip power items, fight low level enemies that I can encounter 100% of the time for a useful EV. This may involve something like equipping the Power Lens while fighting Basculins.
5. Finish EV training after 30 battles or so, equip Exp. Share, start leveling in the stadiums with an Amulet Coin on my lead to get money for vitamins for the next pokemon.

I really hated EV training until I started using the vitamins and getting some early levels off Audinos. This can easily bring it down to under 30 minutes though.

Edit: Can anyone let me see a Tornadus? Pleeeeaaassse?

JVIDICAN

MatthewB92 said:
WTF nintendo >:O
>:O
GG while it lasted! :p
Your team looks like its structured pretty damn similar to mine. lol.

EDIT: Sorry! D: You weren't listed on the bottom screen, I thought I was alone.. >.>

Aad

yeb said:
My strategy for EV training:

1. Kill 2 Audinos with Exp. Share equipped to get the pokemon to a decent level. (4 total HP EVs)
2. Remove Exp. Share, infect with pokerus.
3. Use 20 vitamins to get 100 EVs in two different stats.
4. Equip power items, fight low level enemies that I can encounter 100% of the time for a useful EV. This may involve something like equipping the Power Lens while fighting Basculins.
5. Finish EV training after 30 battles or so, equip Exp. Share, start leveling in the stadiums with an Amulet Coin on my lead to get money for vitamins for the next pokemon.

I really hated EV training until I started using the vitamins and getting some early levels off Audinos. This can easily bring it down to under 30 minutes though.

Edit: Can anyone let me see a Tornadus? Pleeeeaaassse?
Very helpful :)

JVIDICAN said:
>:O
GG while it lasted! :p
Your team looks like its structured pretty damn similar to mine. lol.
It will be almost the same lol I'm about to EV train a pokemon because I'm missing something with thunderbolt :p

Edit: Now it's being stupid :\

JVIDICAN

MatthewB92 said:
It will be almost the same lol I'm about to EV train a pokemon because I'm missing something with thunderbolt :p

Edit: Now it's being stupid :\

Yeah, it's always stupid.
Would that pokemon happen to be a floating eel? :p

JVIDICAN said:
Yeah, it's always stupid.
Would that pokemon happen to be a floating eel? :p
lol well I'm back on if you want to try it one more time.

Edit I give up on trying :\
Both were good games and I have no clue how they would've went lol.

JVIDICAN

MatthewB92 said:
lol well I'm back on if you want to try it one more time.

Edit I give up on trying :\
Both were good games and I have no clue how they would've went lol.

You would've definitely had the first and second would have been damn close. :)

JVIDICAN

Wiseblade said:
That was all I needed to hear. Thanks for the heads up on both of your teams. See you in the tournament! :)
Yes, My team is fully centered around the eel. Bring plenty of ground and rock types!

JVIDICAN

MatthewB92 said:
BTW that isn't mt final team. I have 2 other pokemon I might switch out.
Don't lie! Our Eel centric teams will dominate the tourny! They'll never be able to get through our beartic/sunfisk defense line. :D

EDIT: And I know the kind of team that can combat your team trying to combat a team that'd use the eel! >:}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom