• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

beje

Banned
I finished EV training a couple of Pokémon and now I know how much of a "cheating" bullshit the Battle Underground is. My Galvantula has around 29 Spd IV and perfect EV, yet the opponent Galvantula still manages to attack before me so I guess most Pokémon there are perfect. And that was before reaching the first boss in the normal Single Train.

NEO0MJ

Morokh said:
Well since I live in France which is PAL land too i guess that applies to be the same 'region'

I think it should work. I have a mid-east 360(which is considered pal) and my UK games work fine.

Wiseblade

beje said:
I finished EV training a couple of Pokémon and now I know how much of a "cheating" bullshit the Battle Underground is. My Galvantula has around 29 Spd IV and perfect EV, yet the opponent Galvantula still manages to attack before me so I guess most Pokémon there are perfect. And that was before reaching the first boss in the normal Single Train.
108 base speed isn't that fast, especially on a neutral nature.

That said, it makes me rage how often the computer triggers quick claws to beat my team.

EDIT: I misread, but it could still be down to natures.

beje

Banned
Wiseblade said:
108 base speed isn't that fast, especially on a neutral nature.

That said, it makes me rage how often the computer triggers quick claws to beat my team.

EDIT: I misread, but it could still be down to natures.

Yeah, about the quick claws, I've read some stories online where you can say the AI cheats the NRG like the motherfucking fist of the north star. I've also seen on youtube recorded battles where the AI would activate a Quick Claw + 0HKO moves three times in a row and stuff like that.

Edit: oh, and Gavantula + Compound Eyes + Thunder = <3

Something strange happened to me yesterday in random wifi.

I sent Cloyster to finish a 1 HP Murkrow with a Focus Sash.
I used Ice Shard to go first but Murkrow's Thunder Wave went first instead.

How?

There was no item involved, since it held a Focus Sash. There was no trick room, weather effect, status or accuracy reduction either. Is there a part of Priority mechanic I'm unaware of?

TheOGB

Banned
Fewr said:
In case the IGN face-off hasn't been posted yet:

http://www.ign.com/face-off/pokemon
I was gonna say how there are some pretty fucking terrible mismatches there, but then I got this:

Sw5ZU.png

OMG Aero

go. said:
Something strange happened to me yesterday in random wifi.

I sent Cloyster to finish a 1 HP Murkrow with a Focus Sash.
I used Ice Shard to go first but Murkrow's Thunder Wave went first instead.

How?

There was no item involved, since it held a Focus Sash. There was no trick room, weather effect, status or accuracy reduction either. Is there a part of Priority mechanic I'm unaware of?
Murkrow's Dream World ability is Prankster, which gives all of that Pokemon's Status Moves a priority of +1.
Since Ice Shard also has a priority of +1, the faster Pokemon went first and I'm assuming Murkrow was faster than Cloyster.

Masked Man

I said wow
GTS Negotiation is one of the most frustrating processes ever: partially because of the limited communication options, and partially because so many of the participants offer me stuff like a Pidove (really?) or something absurd like a Lv.1 Shiny Scizor.
LLShC.gif

Also, if anyone wouldn't mind letting me borrow their Tornadus so that I can grab Landerus really quickly, I would be most appreciative <3

Fewr

Mank said:
Is this endless?
Apparently, they'll announce the top 100 sometime around april 20.

EDIT:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1159075p1.html
What is IGN's Pokemon Face-Off?
The greatest Pokemon battle the Internet has ever seen.
April 1, 2011
by Samuel Claiborn and Jack DeVries

We'll admit it. We've spent many afternoons debating Pokemon: Who's the cutest Pokemon? Who's the most badass? What the heck is up with Mr. Mime? But we've never been able to come up with a definitive list of the very best Pokemon -- and that's why we need your help.

IGN's Pokemon Face-Off lets you, the Pokemon superfan, decide who the best Pokemon is. Here's how it works: You will be shown Pokemon in pairs. Choose the one you like best and the winner of each 'Poke-Duel' gets recorded and used to determine the Top 100 Pokemon list.

That's right, this thing determines IGN's Official Top 100 Pokemon. Holy crap.

All 649 Pokemon in the Pokedex, from Pokemon Red/Blue to Pokemon Black/White, are in the mix. The best part is you can play as much as you like. If you are dead set on getting Porygon in the Top 25, then it may take some sleepless nights.

Voting ends on April 20. The Top 100 Pokemon will be revealed beginning on April 25. Get clicking!

We highly recommend using Firefox or Chrome to view the Pokemon Face-Off.

D-Pad

I don't like this game, it's too hard.

0hbGcm.jpg

Snivy vs. Toxicroak... Oh wow... Errrmm.... Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe!

Edit2 I think we know who's winning this one:
IVT8Im.jpg

Those sly bastards.

Edit -
IGN said:
All 649 Pokemon in the Pokedex, from Pokemon Red/Blue to Pokemon Black/White, are in the mix. The best part is you can play as much as you like. If you are dead set on getting Porygon in the Top 25, then it may take some sleepless nights.

*claps*

Boss Man

Does anybody have a female Pikachu? One with a Light Ball would make me love you.
Also looking for a Dratini...

I haven't done any breeding yet (it's done at the day care right?), but maybe a Ditto would be better? I want to start trying to breed more powerful Pokes.

I have a male Pikachu, I'm wanting to start breeding Pichu to get a really good one.

StateofMind said:
Does anybody have a female Pikachu? One with a Light Ball would make me love you.

I haven't done any breeding yet (it's done at the day care right?), but maybe a Ditto would be better? I want to start trying to breed more powerful Pokes.

I have a male Pikachu, I'm wanting to start breeding Pichu to get a really good one.
catch dittos with high IV's in each stat category. Then use those for pokes that you need certain categories for (did that make sense?)

Is there any way to transfer my HG/SS team to B/W with only one DS? Preferably legal?

Boss Man

CoffeeJanitor said:
catch dittos with high IV's in each stat category. Then use those for pokes that you need certain categories for (did that make sense?)
Does gender matter? Female Ditto + Male Whatever or Male Ditton + Female Whatever? Any difference?

Masked Man

I said wow
StateofMind said:

Just going to warn you that it's not obtainable in BW just yet because items cannot be transferred from DPPl/HGSS when you use the Relocator. Anyone who offers you one has been doing some hacking. :O

Boss Man

Masked Man said:
Just going to warn you that it's not obtainable in BW just yet because items cannot be transferred from DPPl/HGSS when you use the Relocator. Anyone who offers you one has been doing some hacking. :O
Ah ok then, nvm on that. Just wanting to get a Raichu with Volt Tackle really. I'll wait until I can do it legitimately.

Anyone have a good Ditto?

(How do natures work in breeding? Is it random or dependent on parents?)

CoffeeJanitor said:
Ditto is genderless
Ah, I guess that would make sense. I'm new to this lol.

Roto13

StateofMind said:
Ah ok then, nvm on that. Just wanting to get a Raichu with Volt Tackle really. I'll wait until I can do it legitimately.

Anyone have a good female Ditto?

(How do natures work in breeding? Is it random or dependent on parents?)
Well, you can get one that knows Volt Tackle from a Gen IV game. It'll keep the move when transferred to Gen V.

Planning to buy this game in the summer (going to a Greece Island of 50 square kilometers with my parents so I could use some distraction :p) and I got a few questions:
Are the 3v3 battles any fun or are they more like a gimmick?
Is the region very diverse, I don't want any real spoilers for that one but a general impression.
And last, does the online aspect of the game work well, do you find matches quikly etc?

I've looked up some pokemons on serebii, and this is the first game where I don't really like any of the starters, but I think I'm going for the water otter thing.

D-Pad

EvilMario said:
But nothing beats Rayquaza..
I just got it again.

Zekrom won both times. :)

Charizards, Blastoises, and Venusaurs are all up in this, along with Mewtwo, Mew, Rayquaza, Lugia, and Zekrom. I have yet to see Reshiram, BRW.

StateofMind said:
Also looking for a Dratini...

Here.

Read this, its what I'm using. Should help you.

TheOGB

Banned
I'm loling so hard right now
15MfD.png

EDIT: HAHAHA Beaten
Edit 2: LOL Charizard vs Venusaur
Edit III: Aww shit, Rayquaza vs Arceus. Sorry Ray, can't beat God. :p
And yet, Rayquayza's winning :O
Rayquaza and Charizard?! This is getting ridiculous!

OMG Aero said:
Murkrow's Dream World ability is Prankster, which gives all of that Pokemon's Status Moves a priority of +1.
Since Ice Shard also has a priority of +1, the faster Pokemon went first and I'm assuming Murkrow was faster than Cloyster.

I knew I was forgetting something. Forgot about Dream World ability since we don't have it yet. Thanks.

On another topic : I'm still giving out 31 HP Machops with Ice Punch and Bullet Punch.

Emitan

I just added my friend code to the list and realized I forgot one of the dashes and it's ugly looking. Can someone fix it for me?

dc89

Help me please GAF.

I want to trade a few Pokemon across from Soul Silver to White. What is the best way to do this. I went in the union room on both DS's (one is a 3ds the other a DS Lite) and it didn't seem to work.

any other ideas, I don't want to risk putting my legendaries on the GTS.

TheOGB

Banned
dc89 said:
Help me please GAF.

I want to trade a few Pokemon across from Soul Silver to White. What is the best way to do this. I went in the union room on both DS's (one is a 3ds the other a DS Lite) and it didn't seem to work.

any other ideas, I don't want to risk putting my legendaries on the GTS.
Gotta use the PokeTransfer after you beat the Elite Four.

upandaway

Just cleared the underwater ruins. Glorious, magnificent, downright criminal. Fabulous. I got me more digits in my monies than Patrats on a bridge!

Speaking of which, now comes the villa stuff. How does this go? Battle until I CLEAR 5 of them, then lose on the 6th battle the next day? Or do I need to lose the 5th battle on the 5th day?

Between this, the monies from the ruins, the pile of items I haven't yet sold and the Star Piece every day... and the fact there isn't a silly money sink villa like in Platinum, I'm feeling good about my dream of 999. It's gonna happen. THIS TIME IT'S GONNA HAPPEN.

I actually got max monies once before, in Silver, 10 years ago. Fucking Slowpoketail. *cries* fucking... slowpoketail...

The Lamp

It's amazing how difficult it is for my friends to pronounce even the easiest of Pokemon names.

Friend pronounces Treecko like "Treck-oh"

Like what?

You do realize it's a play on words with Tree and gecko, right? And there's two "ee"s, therefore you pronounce it like you would "tree"?

smh

Don't get me started on Suicune.

My friends say "Soo-iss-sign"

WTF? There is no "i" in the last syllable!!

dc89

TheOGB said:
Gotta use the PokeTransfer after you beat the Elite Four.

Ahh thanks. Well I may let my Bro trade a few across to fill his Dex because he is a lot closer to that then me!

Rough idea for a team right here. Tell me what you guys think of it (sorry, no items/EVs/movesets, just a rough sketch here)

• Aerodactly: Lead
  • Togekiss: Special Tank/Special attacker (maybe support too?)
  • Kingdra: Mixed sweeper
  • Tangrowth: Physical tank, Statuser/annoyer
  • Scizor: Physical sweeper
  • Alakazam: Special sweeper

KingK

this guy said:
On the Victory Road right now... is it normal that I haven't check out any of the towns to the right of Route 16?

Yeah, You can't get to those until post-game.

Edit:
Although, You can access Routes 17 and 18 (west of your hometown) as soon as you have Surf.

upandaway

this guy said:
On the Victory Road right now... is it normal that I haven't check out any of the towns to the right of Route 16?
I also never went through that part until after the league.

edit: maybe it's considered spoiler? oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom