• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

CoffeeJanitor said:
Rough idea for a team right here. Tell me what you guys think of it (sorry, no items/EVs/movesets, just a rough sketch here)

• Aerodactly: Lead
  • Togekiss: Special Tank/Special attacker (maybe support too?)
  • Kingdra: Mixed sweeper
  • Tangrowth: Physical tank, Statuser/annoyer
  • Scizor: Physical sweeper
  • Alakazam: Special sweeper

Eh, I'm not a huge fan of Using Kingdra outside of Rain teams. Without the doubled speed and boost to water moves, it lacks punch in my opinion. I'd suggest using Garchomp in its place. He's not mixed, but you'll be able to switch him in on all the electric attacks Aerodactyl and Togekiss will draw in and is immediately threatening.

upandaway said:
Between this, the monies from the ruins, the pile of items I haven't yet sold and the Star Piece every day... and the fact there isn't a silly money sink villa like in Platinum, I'm feeling good about my dream of 999. It's gonna happen. THIS TIME IT'S GONNA HAPPEN.

I actually got max monies once before, in Silver, 10 years ago. Fucking Slowpoketail. *cries* fucking... slowpoketail...

You can have more than 999,999 money in B/W if that's what you mean by 999. Also, if you've been selling your Star Pieces, you might want to stop since you can trade them for PP Ups to a guy in a business suit in Anville Town on the weekends.

D-Pad

Damn it! You guys think so far beyond me it's not even funny. I'm not going to get anywhere in the tourny.
KuGsj.gif

Wiseblade said:
Eh, I'm not a huge fan of Using Kingdra outside of Rain teams. Without the doubled speed and boost to water moves, it lacks punch in my opinion. I'd suggest using Garchomp in its place. He's not mixed, but you'll be able to switch him in on all the electric attacks Aerodactyl and Togekiss will draw in and is immediately threatening.
Point taken. I kind of hate Garchomp so I think I'll look for a different poke to take Kingdra's place. Thanks for your opinion.

EDIT: What tourney are we talking about?

EDIT2: Found it. Looks like I'll have to get my double battle skills up to par

isny

napkin dispenser
go. said:
On another topic : I'm still giving out 31 HP Machops with Ice Punch and Bullet Punch.

Do you have to have beaten the game to get the pre Unova Pokemon in a trade? If so, I'll hit you up for one of these once I get that far, lol

btkadams

isny said:
Do you have to have beaten the game to get the pre Unova Pokemon in a trade? If so, I'll hit you up for one of these once I get that far, lol
you can get any pokemon if someone trades them to you at any point. you just can't bring your own pokemon from a previous gen until after the main story.

farnham

Banned
My newest Team is

Togekiss, Lucario, Milotic, Braviary, Roserade, Serperior

trying to emulate Cynthia

will probably change again but its kinda strong right now

OMG Aero

Wiseblade said:
I used a Kingdra in Platinum and it was pretty good. I gave it Outrage, Waterfall, Dragon Dance, Yawn and a Lum Berry to stop the confusion from Outrage.

isny

napkin dispenser
btkadams said:
you can get any pokemon if someone trades them to you at any point. you just can't bring your own pokemon from a previous gen until after the main story.

Good to know.

I'd love to take one of those Machop's off of you then GO when you have a chance =)

Wiseblade

OMG Aero said:
I used a Kingdra in Platinum and it was pretty good. I gave it Outrage, Waterfall, Dragon Dance, Yawn and a Lum Berry to stop the confusion from Outrage.
I used a similar Kingdra but with Substitute to block status. Kingdra's not weak, but it gets stopped cold by Empoleon and Ferrothorn, and outsped and OHKO'd by virtually every other dragon outside of the rain.

Harpuia

I'm so lost as to how to use Eelektross in my competitive team, which is about 1/3 done.

Conkledurr (DONE)
Hydreigon (DONE)
Reuniclus
Jellicent
Eelektross
(I don't know what else to use. :( )

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad.

I've got a male and female here for you. Which one do you want? IVs are unknown for both, but each should have at least one 31 IV.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
D-Pad.

I've got a male and female here for you. Which one do you want? IVs are unknown for both, but each such have at least one 31 IV.

First, thank you so much! Either is totally fine, but lets go with female. :)

isny

napkin dispenser
Just picked up a Tynamo grinding in Chargestone. I can't believe it's not weak against any type =D

(And seems to be rare to boot)

D-Pad

isny said:
Just picked up a Tynamo grinding in Chargestone. I can't believe it's not weak against any type =D

(And seems to be rare to boot)

How many Pokemon does this make now? 3? Sableye, Spiritomb and now the Tynamo line.

Izayoi

Banned
CoffeeJanitor said:
Damn, how are you this fast with this stuff? Are you pokesaving them?

jw
Nope, I only deal with legitimate Pokemon. Having all 646 makes move breeding pretty quick.

I've got a Ditto with every non-neutral nature, as well as several Dittos with 31s in different IVs.

Doesn't take too long to get what I'm looking for, usually.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Bold nature with Recover, both of them. Both also have Water Absorb.

Ah, I see. Recover is a level up move as well. Either one will be great! Thank you. :)

@Wiseblade: That's true.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Ah, I see. Recover is a level up move as well. Either one will be great! Thank you. :)

@Wiseblade: That's true.
Wow I did not even realize that Recover was a level-up move. Fuck. I even trained a Slugma to get it.

I wish I could read. :(

Roto13

Masked Man said:
I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Soo-i-scene"
LLShC.gif
I remember one guy in my high school used to pronounce it that way, but that dude was barely literate to begin with.

MechaX

I swear, trying to find a spot with true free WiFi these days has been a lot more irritating than expected. These days, a vast majority of the hot-spots (I've tried virtually every fast food chain, Bread Co/Panera, Borders, Barnes & Noble, school, etc) have websites where you have to "sign in" to use their free WiFi, and since my DS Lite doesn't quite have a web-browser, that's pretty much a lost cause. With my router on the fritz, the only open I know of here is using ad-hoc, which the DS also doesn't really support.

Any other options to get WiFi? I want my Victini.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I used to call it Soo-ih-sine. >.> I was young and confused! And I skipped Johto Journeys.

MechaX said:
I swear, trying to find a spot with true free WiFi these days has been a lot more irritating than expected. These days, a vast majority of the hot-spots (I've tried virtually every fast food chain, Bread Co/Panera, Borders, Barnes & Noble, school, etc) have websites where you have to "sign in" to use their free WiFi, and since my DS Lite doesn't quite have a web-browser, that's pretty much a lost cause. With my router on the fritz, the only open I know of here is using ad-hoc, which the DS also doesn't really support.

mcdonalds?

D-Pad

Izayoi are you still in the room? I rejoined but I still don't see you.

Did you change your friend code since last night?

There you are! :D

MechaX

CoffeeJanitor said:
mcdonalds?

That was actually the first thing I attempted to do. Like every where else, the DS has no problems detecting an access point, but it just actually can't connect to it even despite the DS showing that it's a pretty unsecured connection.

D-Pad said:
Hate to give such an answer because it's never so easy, but: Get a new router?

Definitely not so easy in this case. The cheapest router I know of is ~$40, and most places these days have a pretty crappy return policy if it ends up not working with my internet for some reason. But it does beat messing with my current router, which effectively killed my internet connection last month or so when I attempted to mess with it.

Roto13 said:
Should I buy Pokemon XD for $7? I probably won't transfer any of the Pokemon from it to my GBA games.

I liked it, but Colosseum was much better. If you haven't played Colo, get that instead. If you have (and liked it), play XD, but don't expect it to have the same badass main characters.

MechaX said:

http://www.connectify.me/

Saw this in a 3DS thread a few nights ago and it's amazing. I can freely use the GTS and trade in my girlfriend's wi-fi-less dorm now! :)

I think I hate Staryu now. I just got a Timid Staryu with max HP/Def/SpA/Speed IVs and it once again has Illuminate instead of Natural Cure. It's fucking retarded that these things can't even breed with one another. The only way these things don't go extinct is if a ditto decides to take a swim, sees a staryu, and decides to fuck it. I hate this shit.

Wiseblade

Endless-Bravado said:
I think I hate Staryu now. I just got a Timid Staryu with max HP/Def/SpA/Speed IVs and it once again has Illuminate instead of Natural Cure. It's fucking retarded that these things can't even breed with one another. The only way these things don't go extinct is if a ditto decides to take a swim, sees a staryu, and decides to fuck it. I hate this shit.
Or it gets cleaved in two by a sharpedo and both halves use recover.

MechaX

drtomoe123 said:
http://www.connectify.me/

Saw this in a 3DS thread a few nights ago and it's amazing. I can freely use the GTS and trade in my girlfriend's wi-fi-less dorm now! :)

It seems like that program would have been the solution to all of my problems.

Unfortunately, it only works on Windows 7 and I still have Vista.

Jeels

Holy shit the encounter rate is making the game near unplayable in caves. =/

Also, who was it that wanted you to show them a steel type Pokemon? I caught one but I forgot who to show it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom