• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrex said:
You are evil. If there was a Pokehell, you would be in it. :p

dude the pokemon evolved from one that used to be human and cries about what it's become, if one pokemon deserves such a sadistic and devilish move set its that.

Harpuia

I'm thinking of incorporating Thunder into an Eelektross moveset, along with coil..but I don't have much of an idea for ev spreads.

Something like a mixed sweeper, that can also use the attack boosts from coil.

D-Pad

@Izayoi:

Frillish - #592 (Bold)
Male (♂) Water Absorb
HP: 31
Att: 10, 12
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 13
Speed: 1

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dragon
Possible Hidden Power Attack Powers: 43, 44

Edit - PokeRUS is passed down AFTER a battle, correct?

Renoir

arrghh!
i knew i picked the wrong Vers.
White got the forest, and in it they have gastly wich turns into one of my fave pokemon Gengar.

Black city is nice for grinding. but man im disapoint.

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm confused. What's the point of a Heal Ball if the Poke you catch get healed when they're deposited into your PC? (They didn't used to heal when being transferred right?)

Ondore

isny said:
I'm confused. What's the point of a Heal Ball if the Poke you catch get healed when they're deposited into your PC? (They didn't used to heal when being transferred right?)

It's for the early game when you don't have a team of 6 yet (which is why it's 300 bucks in the Poke Mart) or if you don't carry a full team of 6 normally.

I actually caught a Victini with a Heal Ball when I did a Fire-only run.

Boogiepop

isny said:
I always assumed they were there so you could use something you caught immediately if you had a space in your party. Which is of course a very, very niche use.

isny said:
I think its for if you're catching them with out a full party.

But in the past games ... did they heal you Pokemon in the box? I don't think so but IDK, haven't gotten any new ones in the past games for some time now.

I do wish they had more balls. Like the Light and Heavy Balls. :/

Edit- Are there seals in this game? Where are they? If not then ... why the FUCK would they take out the ball seals?!?

D-Pad

Equip lucky egg and battle Audinos on the route right before victory road.

Black-Wind said:
Edit- Are there seals in this game? Where are they? If not then ... why the FUCK would they take out the ball seals?!?
Nope because Game Freak.

TheOGB

Banned
Renoir said:
question.

Where is a good place to LvL. I got smashed by the leet 4s.
im in the mid 40s.
Getting to Lvl 48 and having type advantage will suffice. Matter of fact, you could pretty much always beat any Gym Leader or E4 underleveled with type advantage.

As for a place to train, refer to this post and/or this post.

EDIT: Beaten with good advice

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How many Subway points do you get from battling with a Friend over WiFi?

I remember in Platinum when you went through the Battle Frontier with a Friend you got a ton of points each round...like, 7 each time I believe. I'd love to get my Medicham and Hariyama and do a run with someone if it'd help me buy the EV Training items sooner.

Zomba13

Black-Wind said:
I do wish they had more balls. Like the Light and Heavy Balls. :/

Another thing I don't get why they removed. I sorta get the apricorn balls but why can't we just buy them?
And why spend time making something awesome (the seal stuff) and then not have it? Why do GF work on cool shit and then just not implement it in the next game? It's like they improve on some parts and take big steps back with others. Reeeeally annoying and you can't be sure of what features will stay from game to game. I bet re-usable TMs will be gone next gen.

TheOGB

Banned
Man. I wish there were a way to replay certain story events again without making a new save. Maybe like... going back in time and reliving it or something.

Jeels

Reasking:

"Also, who was it that wanted you to show them a steel type Pokemon? I caught one but I forgot who to show it to."

My team is starting to come together. :) Game play through team not competitive.

Izayoi

Banned
Why is GAF so bright? Reading dark web pages for hours and then accidentally tabbing into GAF is like staring into the sun after being locked in a cave for a week.

Christ.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
Why is GAF so bright? Reading dark web pages for hours and then accidentally tabbing into GAF is like staring into the sun after being locked in a cave for a week.

Christ.

stop being a goth

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:

Christ.

You can probably do a user stylesheet to change that....

Delio

D-Pad said:
@Izayoi:

Frillish - #592 (Bold)
Male (♂) Water Absorb

Fffff i hope i get lucky when i start breeding for Frillish D:.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
@Izayoi:

Frillish - #592 (Bold)
Male (♂) Water Absorb

Holy shit, three 31 IVs? Damn.

Damn. I was expecting at least one but damn.

Yeah, PKRS is passed to Pokemon adjacent to the infected 'mon after a battle. It's a % chance though, so you might have to try a few times.

Gravijah said:
stop being a goth
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

Andrex said:
You can probably do a user stylesheet to change that....
oh god i am not good with computer

Jeels said:
Reasking:

"Also, who was it that wanted you to show them a steel type Pokemon? I caught one but I forgot who to show it to."
Everyday there's a clown in the art gallery in Castelia City (on Mode Street) that asks to see a certain type of Pokemon. He gives you a berry after you show him one.

Masked Man

I said wow
Anyone mind letting me borrow their Tornadus for a bit while I go snag Landerus? I don't feel safe asking on GameFAQs--or Serebii, to be honest. :/ I promise that I'll be quick, and I'm happy to lend out my Thunderus! :D

hermit7

Izayoi said:

Christ.

Search for F.lux. Adjusts the color temperature to something a but more warm.

hermit7

Gravijah said:
I use that and it's like a Codemasters piss filter for your computer.

I use it all the time, and it works for me. I understand the color changes, but all I do is check out GAF no games or anything so that doesn't really effect me.

Gravijah

hermit7 said:
I use it all the time, and it works for me. I understand the color changes, but all I do is check out GAF no games or anything so that doesn't really effect me.

I was just teasing btw, it's very useful. :p

Is there a way to make the bottom screen the regular menu that you have to press x for? I will never use the c gear and i would much rather have the convenience like i did with Diamond (if i remember right)

hermit7

Gravijah said:
I was just teasing btw, it's very useful. :p

I thought so when you had said you were using it.

Started a new game in Black, chose Tepig as my starter. Overall he is a pretty good Poke. I gave him the name Ham, which I never do. Might be asking some people for some pokes eventually, but not tonight.

Mr. Sam

GAF, I was thinking of challenging myself a bit for my Black playthrough by breeding and playing with a one-type team. Obviously, I don't want to handicap myself too much though. At what point can one begin trading? I was thinking of:

Spr_5b_306.png
Spr_5b_227.png
Spr_5b_395.png
Spr_5b_212_m.png
Spr_5b_448.png
Spr_5b_376.png

Team Cold Steel

Masked Man

I said wow
Harpuia said:
I need to see a Thunderus! My FC's in the Google Doc. I just need to see him, I'll just get him off the GTS.

Want to swap so that we can each get Landorus?
3AQmK.gif

My FC is 1248 4328 2991, if you're interested. We could even do a Zekrom/Reshiram swap for collateral AND Pokédex data!

FINALLY got a good Timid Staryu w/ Natural Cure. I don't think I'll ever try to raise another genderless pokemon again...Now I need to offload some extra Shroomish, Nincada, and Staryu of course. Some details about them.

Shroomish(5 males & 4 females)
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Poison Heal
Moves: Focus Punch, Seed Bomb, Spore, Absorb

Some have Swagger instead of Absorb but I could always teach them False Swipe, Facade, or Substitute instead. All are guaranteed to have maxed Speed IVs and a few others have one or two other maxed IVs like HP, Attack, Defense, or Sp. Defense as well(not many, but I've marked them).

Nincada(2 males & 1 female)
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Nothing special but I can teach them X-Scissor and Swords Dance if you need

Both males have max Attack and Speed IVs, one of them has a maxed Sp. Defense IV as well. The female has a maxed Attack and Defense IV

Staryu(6 total)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: It doesn't get any fucking egg moves. :( But I can teach it Ice Beam and Thunderbolt if you need me to.

All but two of them have maxed Sp. Attack and Speed IVs. One of the others has a maxed Sp. Defense and Speed IVs and the last has a maxed HP and Speed IVs.

Ok, so anyone interested? I would like a male Deino w/ Dark Pulse, a male Timburr w/ Drain Punch & Mach Punch, or anything with good/hard to get egg moves or max IVs in general if you have it or can breed it. But I'll take junk as well. Otherwise I'll just release them as I'm damn near out of space. >_>

FC: 2021-8954-0672

Mr. Sam said:
GAF, I was thinking of challenging myself a bit for my Black playthrough by breeding and playing with a one-type team. Obviously, I don't want to handicap myself too much though.

What, no Klingklang?

Edit: Or the king, Magnezone!

Harpuia

Masked Man said:
Want to swap so that we can each get Landorus?
3AQmK.gif

My FC is also in the Google Doc, if you're interested. We could even do a Zekrom/Reshiram swap for collateral AND Pokédex data!

I already have myself a Zekrom, but if you want to see my Reshiram, that's fine too! Soon as I get your FC I'm going to the Wifi Club.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's a guy riding his bike on the Subway. :0

Anyway, doing a Multi-Battle with Hilda and her Haxorus/Reuniclus. Hopefully them and my Medicham and Hariyama can take down Ingo and Emmet. My Medicham should be able to blow through Garbodor, Klinklang, and Durant, and hopefully Galvantula won't be a problem for Haxorus and Hariyama.

KingK

Mr. Sam said:
GAF, I was thinking of challenging myself a bit for my Black playthrough by breeding and playing with a one-type team. Obviously, I don't want to handicap myself too much though. At what point can one begin trading? I was thinking of:

Spr_5b_306.png
Spr_5b_227.png
Spr_5b_395.png
Spr_5b_212_m.png
Spr_5b_448.png
Spr_5b_376.png

Team Cold Steel

You should switch out that Scizor for the superior Bug/Steel type, Escavalier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom