• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Mr. Sam said:
GAF, I was thinking of challenging myself a bit for my Black playthrough by breeding and playing with a one-type team. Obviously, I don't want to handicap myself too much though. At what point can one begin trading? I was thinking of:

Spr_5b_306.png
Spr_5b_227.png
Spr_5b_395.png
Spr_5b_212_m.png
Spr_5b_448.png
Spr_5b_376.png

Team Cold Steel

You can trade after the first gym + the munna/mushanara sequence

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yes! Down with Ingo and Emmet!

Pretty easy fight...I was worried when they took down Medicham so fast, but Klinklank and Durant couldn't stand up to Hariyama's Close Combat.

10 BP! Fuck yeah! Which EV Training Item should I buy first, I wonder? Think I'll go with Atk since I tend to train those Pokemon.

vall03

why cant I stop playing Pokemon! I said to myself that I will stop after completing the Pokedex and now I keep on playing for the Battle Subway! I want to play my backlog!

Roto13

Renoir said:
arrghh!
i knew i picked the wrong Vers.
White got the forest, and in it they have gastly wich turns into one of my fave pokemon Gengar.

Black city is nice for grinding. but man im disapoint.
White Forest only has a decent selection of Pokemon if you're 1) very, very lucky, or 2) Japanese or a teenager and able to find someone to Extralink with.

Harpuia

guys. does Synchronize work the other way? Meaning, if I put my jolly Cofagrigus and find a Munna with synchronize, it'll have a 50% chance of being jolly?

Delio

Endless-Bravado said:
FINALLY got a good Timid Staryu w/ Natural Cure. I don't think I'll ever try to raise another genderless pokemon again...Now I need to offload some extra Shroomish, Nincada, and Staryu of course. Some details about them.

Shroomish(5 males & 4 females)
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Poison Heal
Moves: Focus Punch, Seed Bomb, Spore, Absorb

Some have Swagger instead of Absorb but I could always teach them False Swipe, Facade, or Substitute instead. All are guaranteed to have maxed Speed IVs and a few others have one or two other maxed IVs like HP, Attack, Defense, or Sp. Defense as well(not many, but I've marked them).

Nincada(2 males & 1 female)
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Nothing special but I can teach them X-Scissor and Swords Dance if you need

Both males have max Attack and Speed IVs, one of them has a maxed Sp. Defense IV as well. The female has a maxed Attack and Defense IV

Staryu(6 total)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: It doesn't get any fucking egg moves. :( But I can teach it Ice Beam and Thunderbolt if you need me to.

All but two of them have maxed Sp. Attack and Speed IVs. One of the others has a maxed Sp. Defense and Speed IVs and the last has a maxed HP and Speed IVs.

Ok, so anyone interested? I would like a male Deino w/ Dark Pulse, a male Timburr w/ Drain Punch & Mach Punch, or anything with good/hard to get egg moves or max IVs in general if you have it or can breed it. But I'll take junk as well. Otherwise I'll just release them as I'm damn near out of space. >_>

FC: 2021-8954-0672

:D I can offer a Adamant Karrablast with Megahorn and Pursuit. The Iv spread is like this Karrablast - #588 (Adamant) : 26 - 27 / 18 - 20 / 30 / 10 - 13 / 26 - 27 / 20 - 21.

I'd like one of the Staryu if you dont mind the Karrablast.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Bah, seems I messed up and chose the Plume Fossil in Black AND White, so no Tirtouga is readily available.

Guess I'll go with my next Pokemon I was going to train, Leavanny...

Leavanny @Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
Ability: Chlorophyll
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Shadow Claw
-Swords Dance

Really easy set, especially as I've got the EV+ Atk Item and Speed EVs are so easy with Basculin. And no Egg Moves. Plus Sewaddle eggs hatch fast.

Delio said:
Ah i didnt add my new code to the list yet it's 3911-7388-7437

I think that's the one I just added from the list a second ago. Anyway, want a Shroomish as well? Great for capturing pokes at the very least. And I need the space, so you can just give me anything.

Delio

Endless-Bravado said:
I think that's the one I just added from the list a second ago. Anyway, want a Shroomish as well? Great for capturing pokes at the very least. And I need the space, so you can just give me anything.

Sure i'll take a shroomish.

If it fails again I'll try to join you next time.

Edit - Man oh man, it is not wanting to cooperate. Do you have voice chat turned off and C-gear launched? I hear that sometimes helps if you do.

Boogiepop

Endless-Bravado said:
FINALLY got a good Timid Staryu w/ Natural Cure. I don't think I'll ever try to raise another genderless pokemon again...Now I need to offload some extra Shroomish, Nincada, and Staryu of course. Some details about them.

Shroomish(5 males & 4 females)
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Poison Heal
Moves: Focus Punch, Seed Bomb, Spore, Absorb

Some have Swagger instead of Absorb but I could always teach them False Swipe, Facade, or Substitute instead. All are guaranteed to have maxed Speed IVs and a few others have one or two other maxed IVs like HP, Attack, Defense, or Sp. Defense as well(not many, but I've marked them).

Nincada(2 males & 1 female)
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Nothing special but I can teach them X-Scissor and Swords Dance if you need

Both males have max Attack and Speed IVs, one of them has a maxed Sp. Defense IV as well. The female has a maxed Attack and Defense IV

Staryu(6 total)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: It doesn't get any fucking egg moves. :( But I can teach it Ice Beam and Thunderbolt if you need me to.

All but two of them have maxed Sp. Attack and Speed IVs. One of the others has a maxed Sp. Defense and Speed IVs and the last has a maxed HP and Speed IVs.

Ok, so anyone interested? I would like a male Deino w/ Dark Pulse, a male Timburr w/ Drain Punch & Mach Punch, or anything with good/hard to get egg moves or max IVs in general if you have it or can breed it. But I'll take junk as well. Otherwise I'll just release them as I'm damn near out of space. >_>

FC: 2021-8954-0672
I have several Togepis with 30+ Special Defense, Speed, and HP (the Sp Def are 31s, HP and speeds probably 30). Lots of just 31 Sp. Def, two 30+ Sp Def and HP, and two HP and speed 30+. All Calm. Not sure if you care about ability. Would you be interested for a Shroomish (preferred if you could match the number of 30+ IVs)?

Well, just had my first Random Matchup :D

Spr_5b_482.png
Spr_5b_257_m.png
Spr_5b_381.png
(his)

vs.

Spr_5b_620.png
Spr_5b_635.png
Spr_5b_171.png
(mine)

Somehow, I won, by pure luck...

1: I made a mistake, lost Mienshao to Azelf.
2: Hydreigon goes first (Quick Claw), KOs Azelf w/ Dragon Pulse.
3: Blaziken comes out. I switch to Lanturn, he uses Protect (SB Blaziken <_<)
4: Blaziken aims a Hi Jump Kick at me, I survive with 6 HP (buh?) and I KO with Surf.
5: Latios comes out, KOs Lanturn w/ Draco Meteor.
6: Hydreigon is sent out. I expect to lose at this point b/c Latios is faster, so I just go with Draco Pulse. He uses Draco Meteor again, I survive w/ 5 HP (phew), and KO him with DP.
7: He ragequits :/

Somehow, I don't think I'll be this lucky in the future...

Delio

Endless-Bravado said:
If it fails again I'll try to join you next time.

Edit - Man oh man, it is not wanting to cooperate. Do you have voice chat turned off and C-gear launched? I hear that sometimes helps if you do.

Let me turn C-gear on.

Mank said:
I have several Togepis with 30+ Special Defense, Speed, and HP (the Sp Def are 31s, HP and speeds probably 30). Lots of just 31 Sp. Def, two 30+ Sp Def and HP, and two HP and speed 30+. All Calm. Not sure if you care about ability. Would you be interested for a Shroomish (preferred if you could match the number of 30+ IVs)?

Shroomish w/ 31 Speed for a Togepi w/ 31 Sp. Def sound good? I'd prefer if it had Serene Grace and was Female but if not, no biggie.

Edit - Thanks Delio! :)

Boogiepop

Endless-Bravado said:
Shroomish w/ 31 Speed for a Togepi w/ 31 Sp. Def sound good? I'd prefer if it had Serene Grace and was Female but if not, no biggie.
Sounds fair. I should be able to do SG and Female. My FC is 1506 5686 0929.

Oh, fuck me. Spent over twelve hours breeding an adamant, Guts Timburr with decent IVs and now I just found out that Drain and Mach Punch are both egg moves. Damn it.

QuiteWhittle said:
Oh, fuck me. Spent over twelve hours breeding an adamant, Guts Timburr with decent IVs and now I just found out that Drain and Mach Punch are both egg moves. Damn it.

And not only that you only get them from Hitmonchan. Drain Punch has to be learned via TM by him in one of the gen IV games and then poketransferred over. Which is precisely why I just wanted to trade directly for a male Timburr with those moves already lol. I could do it myself, but man such a hassle haha.

Delio

Yeah i'm now looking for a Deino with Dark pulse and someone with a decent Frillish for trade. It's not good when i barely have stuff to trade.

Delio said:
Yeah i'm now looking for a Deino with Dark pulse and someone with a decent Frillish for trade. It's not good when i barely have stuff to trade.
Oh, you need a DP Deino? I have some. Though I should mention, they're just regular in terms of stats.

ColtraineGF said:
Oh, you need a DP Deino? I have some. Though I should mention, they're just regular in terms of stats.

Can I have a male one as well? I still have those Shroomish, Nincada, and Staryu I mentioned above to trade.

Delio

ColtraineGF said:

Eh whatever is your highest one stat wise i wouldnt mind having. Would be very helpful.

ColtraineGF said:
I would like a male if you have one.

Don't care as much about Deino as I do the Axe fam but I would like to try breeding them if only to have something to trade to others for stuff I need (Still need those power items encase anyone is reading this and feel like doing me a solid.)

Aurarian

So I started over and got myself an adamant nature tepig. I heard it was probably the best nature besides brave/lonely for it.

I don't understand much about IV's but are these ok IV's for it?

Delio

ColtraineGF said:
Oh man, sorry, just hold up. Sorry to keep you waiting, I had to do something D:

Take your time im in a battle anywho hehe here's my code in case you missed it 3911-7388-7437

eek5

Aurarian said:
So I started over and got myself an adamant nature tepig. I heard it was probably the best nature besides brave/lonely for it.

31 is the highest you can roll in IVs so those are pretty average

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Aurarian said:

Those are awful. And you're missing an IV.

the IVs in each of the six stats (HP, Attack, Defense, Special attack, special defense, speed) can range from 0 to 31.

For the same pokemon species, given everything else is the same, at level 100, a pokemon with an IV of 31 in a stat will be 31 points higher in that stat than the same pokemon with an IV of 0 in that stat.

D-Pad

Aurarian said:

Those are out of 31, btw. How did you get your IV's so soon?

Edit - Oh those are just Tepig's stats? IV's are different.

Aurarian

D-Pad said:
Those are out of 31, btw. How did you get your IV's so soon?

Edit - Oh those are just Tepig's stats? IV's are different.

Seriously? Then I have no idea what I'm talking about. I guess the calculator or w/e confused me.

eek5

Black-Wind said:
Awww, you're done? :(
1119-9828-0129

I have some if you want. None of them have modest/timid nature though but they have some pretty good parents so the IVs are up there

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Started playing the game yesterday, and I can't put it down.

I love how you meet all the Gym Leaders before you face them in battle in different situations related to the story, that actually makes a difference this time around.

Also, the soundtrack is top notch.

ColtraineGF said:
Oh, you need one? Just give me a bit here.
eek5 said:
1119-9828-0129

I have some if you want. None of them have modest/timid nature though but they have some pretty good parents so the IVs are up there
Oh, you're both giving them out?

Thanks!

Eek5, is one a female?

The breeding of Colt's DP Dieno might go better if at least one has good IVs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom