• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
I can't believe how resourceful some of you guys are -- do you all have multiple Ditto with different nature/IV spreads?
Yes.

At least, most of my real life friends who play do.

It's very useful.

Articalys

Andrex said:
Thinking about it, we'll probably need an OT3 in a few weeks (the mods usually cap threads at 20k posts.) Which gives me the opportunity to expand my OP out over a few posts. Phew, for a second I thought I was gonna have to start cutting content.
3AQmK.gif
It's a shame we're not going to beat the record for fastest time to OT2 (yeah, there was the Japanese thread, but for most gaffers this is the main thread for the game). That goes to (AFAIK) the Gran Turismo 5 thread, which hit 20000 posts in just under three weeks. I thought the McV3 thread might pull it off but they fell several days short.

Izayoi said:
Yes.

At least, most of my real life friends who play do.

It's very useful.
That's just, I, uh... wow.
Do your games have playtimes registering in the thousands of hours or something?

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
Do your games have playtimes registering in the thousands of hours or something?
Well, I buy all versions and each game ends up with several hundred hours on each.

All told thousands and thousands of hours, yeah.

beje

Banned
Articalys said:

Most of the playtime you get in Pokémon comes from hatching eggs and button-mashing A for grinding while you're doing other stuff, so it's not really like you're not doing anything at all but playing.

Izayoi

Banned
beje said:
Most of the playtime you get in Pokémon comes from hatching eggs and button-mashing A for grinding while you're doing other stuff, so it's not really like you're not doing anything at all but playing.
Yup. My favorite part about handheld games is their versatility.

Wichu

colinp said:
If I just finished the third gym is there any way possible to get a pikachu via world trade? I can't ask for one, right?
You can get them via normal Wi-Fi trades (not GTS). I don't have one myself (still haven't beaten the game), but I'm sure someone else here would be willing to help you out.

NEO0MJ

colinp said:
If I just finished the third gym is there any way possible to get a pikachu via world trade? I can't ask for one, right?

Not until you beat the main game. After that you get the national dex and can access the place to trade with past DS pokemon games..

Edit: you can get old pokemon before finishing the game? Ha. If I knew that I would have brought some old team mates.

Articalys

Well, sure, I understand that you can multitask to a certain extent (hell, I'm posting now while grinding for the Unovadex), but doesn't it start to feel a bit monotonous after a while? Even just the bit I've had to do to get certain evolutions feels like an eternity even with the EXP hotspots, so unless you guys were using Entralink powers...

Oddly enough, though, I didn't mind the 20 E4 runs I had to do in Platinum to face Barry at max level. Maybe it's since they were named characters, maybe since I liked my team a lot more, maybe since it was my first Pokemon game I was playing seriously in almost a decade.

Or maybe I'm just impatient and not actually cut out for this kind of game. Who knows...

Styles

Gravijah said:
complaining about a shiny?

so many people would murder you!

UCJ2x.png

ooh he looks awesome.

Doesn't look as frightening as the original sprite.

You have a shiny Chandelure right? Can I have it? ;c

eek5

Gravijah said:
complaining about a shiny?

so many people would murder you!

UCJ2x.png

ooh he looks awesome.
I like the regular colors better :( I finally bred the "perfect" one though. I have a bunch of good modest deinos and non-modest but excellent IVs if anyone is interested

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
Well, sure, I understand that you can multitask to a certain extent (hell, I'm posting now while grinding for the Unovadex), but doesn't it start to feel a bit monotonous after a while? Even just the bit I've had to do to get certain evolutions feels like an eternity even with the EXP hotspots, so unless you guys were using Entralink powers...

Oddly enough, though, I didn't mind the 20 E4 runs I had to do in Platinum to face Barry at max level. Maybe it's since they were named characters, maybe since I liked my team a lot more, maybe since it was my first Pokemon game I was playing seriously in almost a decade.

Or maybe I'm just impatient and not actually cut out for this kind of game. Who knows...
Keep in mind that I built my dex over the course of an entire decade. Those hours are spread out over a very long period of time.

Articalys

Izayoi said:
Keep in mind that I built my dex over the course of an entire decade. Those hours are spread out over a very long period of time.
So, for example, a good handful of those Ditto might have been carried through the years all the way from the likes of FireRed?
Yeah, I guess since the Pokemon personality value data structure has been the same since Gen III, that means anything done over the last seven years or so could well have made it to Unova.

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
So, for example, a good handful of those Ditto might have been carried through the years all the way from the likes of FireRed?
I have a Ditto from almost every version of the Generation III and beyond games.

Articalys

Izayoi said:
I have a Ditto from almost every version of the Generation III and beyond games.
Fair enough -- I guess I'm just one of the less-intense players who happened to wander into a thread full of hardcore Pokemaniacs. Nothing wrong with either play style, just the kind of situation where it's hard to converse on the same level.
At any rate, I commend your dedication and wonder why people like you don't get medals from Nintendo or something.

Morokh

I finally took some time to add some of you to my friend-list, I started with :

D-pad (from a previous trade)
Gravijah
Izayoi (both versions)
Wiseblade
OMG aero
Andrex
beje

feel free to add me if you have a slot left.

I have some time-off for the two upcoming weeks, so i'll surely start breeding a lot, I'll keep you posted about what I'm breeding as soon as I've made my little list :p

BTW, did Sixfortyfive vanish ? I remember seeing him post in the OT1 but I don't recall having seen any single post from him in this one.

Articalys said:
I can't believe how resourceful some of you guys are -- do you all have multiple Ditto with different nature/IV spreads?

Emerald and to a lesser extent D/P made that easier but yeah, you need a bunch of Dittos for that kind of thing.

Also the only shiny I have is a Hoothoot in HG.

colinp

Banned
Anyone have a spare Pikachu they wouldn't mind trading? I don't really care about it's nature but I don't have anything particularly useful to trade either, sorry, I just finished the third gym!

Roto13

colinp said:
Anyone have a spare Pikachu they wouldn't mind trading? I don't really care about it's nature but I don't have anything particularly useful to trade either, sorry, I just finished the third gym!
I can breed you a Pichu, if that'll do.

colinp

Banned
Roto13 said:
If you're willing to accept a Pichu egg, like a minute. :p My friend code is number 53 on the list.

Ah that'd be great, thanks! Give me a sec to figure out my friend code and add yours and the like... =)

Roto13

Yeah, I had enough time to hatch it while you were finding your friend code. :p Enjoy.

In other news: FoxTrot

sXWiV.jpg

It's always unsettling to see current video game references in the newspaper comic section. Those things are completely out of touch with current pop culture most of the time.

colinp

Banned
I love what they did to Castelia City but man obviously the developers have never been to NYC in the winter if there is no snow and hardly anything that makes it seem like winter besides the ice cream shop being closed.

Gravijah

colinp said:
I love what they did to Castelia City but man obviously the developers have never been to NYC in the winter if there is no snow and hardly anything that makes it seem like winter besides the ice cream shop being closed.

At least they got that desert to the north right!

Wiseblade

OK, so I'm clinically insane. I'm now breeding for an Eevee with Hidden Power Ice and a perfect Speed IV. ¬.¬

On the upside, I'll have a TON of spare Eevees to trade along the way.

Wichu

Stop being insane and learn to RNG breed :mad:
Sure, some people might not consider it 'ethical' (remember we're talking about 136-byte chunks of data here), but it's far faster than traditional breeding. If you're good, you can get a perfect Pokémon in less than an hour.

OMG Aero

colinp said:
Unova is based off America. It's not meant to be a carbon copy.

Masked Man

I said wow
Wiseblade said:
OK, so I'm clinically insane. I'm now breeding for an Eevee with Hidden Power Ice and a perfect Speed IV. ¬.¬

I was frustrated enough trying to get a Timid Espeon from the Dream World that I didn't even bother with IVs (too afraid to check...), and I settled for HP Ground--not bad, but Fighting would probably be more useful.

beje

Banned
Wiseblade said:

Hah, good luck with that. It might be more difficult than getting a shiny through the Masuda method.

Merovin

Wiseblade said:

Don't worry, I'm being insane with you!

Ondore

Roto13 said:
It's always unsettling to see current video game references in the newspaper comic section. Those things are completely out of touch with current pop culture most of the time.

FoxTrot tends to be more current than most. Hell, they made an All Your Base joke once.

Articalys

Roto13 said:
Yeah, I had enough time to hatch it while you were finding your friend code. :p Enjoy.

In other news: FoxTrot

http://i.imgur.com/sXWiV.jpg[IMG]

It's always unsettling to see current video game references in the newspaper comic section. Those things are completely out of touch with current pop culture most of the time.[/QUOTE]
That's amazing. I thought it might be a photoshop but [URL="http://www.foxtrot.com/2011/04/03/"]it's really real![/URL]

God I miss FoxTrot being a daily comic strip.

Wichu said:
Sure, some people might not consider it 'ethical' (remember we're talking about 136-byte chunks of data here), but it's far faster than traditional breeding. If you're good, you can get a perfect Pokémon in less than an hour.

I don't have 'ethical' issues... I just can't hit a seed lol.

HomShaBom

Banned
So I'm getting either Black/White or Soul Silver today, which one is preferred? I loved Crystal back in the day. I'm not attempting to get every pokemon either, just playing a fun game.

Wiseblade

beje said:
Hah, good luck with that. It might be more difficult than getting a shiny through the Masuda method.

Maybe not that hard, but still unlikely.

Everstone passed Nature (50%) * Power Anklet passed speed (90%)* Hidden Power type (5.88%) = 2.65% chance. Unlikely, but not that bad.

Wichu said:

But it's too harrd... I tried reading that stuff on Smogon, but it looked like so much work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom