• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
HomShaBom said:
So I'm getting either Black/White or Soul Silver today, which one is preferred? I loved Crystal back in the day. I'm not attempting to get every pokemon either, just playing a fun game.

Either get Black/White and enjoy playing with all of PokéGAF or play SoulSilver all by yourself? Come on you can figure this one out. ;)

Gravijah

HomShaBom said:
So I'm getting either Black/White or Soul Silver today, which one is preferred? I loved Crystal back in the day. I'm not attempting to get every pokemon either, just playing a fun game.

If you think you're gonna want more later, go with SoulSilver. If not, I'd go with BW.

Also yeah, most of us are playing BW, sooooo commmmmunity!

Wichu

Trust me, it's worth it. Also, I think breeding is easiest in HG/SS, so if you have either of those, start there.

EDIT: @ Wiseblade

Azure J

Real talk, I would totally have a Chandelure on my team if the shiny sprite were its normal colors. I have a thing for types matching up to the usual colors they are represented with (some kind of red/orange for fire, blue for water, etc.) but even beyond that shiny Chandelure looks fucking godly. :lol

Murkas

Haven't been playing recenty as there's not much I can do till the Dream world launches and my friend who has black catches up :(

I've looked everywhere and it seems my White forest it borked, only two residents and only local play can increase it. Damn

Also I go brain dead when trying to read beginner guides for IV's. Natures and EV's I understand.

Murkas said:
Also I go brain dead when trying to read beginner guides for IV's. Natures and EV's I understand.

- set when a Pokémon is generated, you can't change them
- go from 0 to 31, at level 100 they affect the stat they're attached to by that amount
- you can use Power items to pass a Pokémon's IV to its offspring

There's not much more to it, if you get natures and EVs you've done the hardest part.

Merovin

Larvesta - #636 (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 0 - 3
Def: 28 - 29
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 2 - 3
Speed: 30 - 31

Given the Parents, SpA and Speed should be 31, so I'm happy with this, especially the way the Defence stats have worked out given her base stats.

Edit: If anyone would like a Larvesta, give me a shout. Can't promise decent IVs, but they should have at least 31 in Speed or Special Attack, both if you're lucky.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Merovin said:
Larvesta - #636 (Timid)

Given the Parents, SpA and Speed should be 31, so I'm happy with this, especially the way the Defence stats have worked out given her base stats.

Edit: If anyone would like a Larvesta, give me a shout. Can't promise decent IVs, but they should have at least 31 in Speed or Special Attack, both if you're lucky.

I said gotdamn. :eek:

O D I N

Merovin said:
Larvesta - #636 (Timid)

D:

WHY doesn't any of the wireless access what have you's (that I have access to) let me connect my DS? T____T

Murkas

Holy Order Sol said:
- set when a Pokémon is generated, you can't change them
- go from 0 to 31, at level 100 they affect the stat they're attached to by that amount
- you can use Power items to pass a Pokémon's IV to its offspring

There's not much more to it, if you get natures and EVs you've done the hardest part.

I have a better understanding now. But it looks like I have to catch 6 Ditto's with perfect IV's. sounds fun!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Transfer it to Emerald and boom, infinite perfect IV Dittos!

If you're going that way you may as well just Pokesave a perfect IV Ditto, it'd be almost as legitimate and all the resulting Pokemon would be completely legit anyways.

Merovin

Wiseblade said:
Grass? Bug? Poison? Why do you taunt me, Hidden Power?

I gave up with my Hidden Power breeding project, I couldn't handle it. :(

Andrex said:
If you're going that way you may as well just Pokesave a perfect IV Ditto, it'd be almost as legitimate and all the resulting Pokemon would be completely legit anyways.

It's just not the same though, I'd feel so, dirty!

O D I N

Murkas said:
CAN I BREED A DITTO WITH A DITTO?

22.jpg

Great Scott! Do not tempt the fates with such ideas! You're likely to create a time paradox!

Probably

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Just taking advantage of the system!

By that logic then so it spoofing a wireless connection to mask as a legitimate system for trading, which is basically what Pokesave does.

I would never use Pokesave, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Gravijah

Eh, it's just morals and how one sees it anyway. I don't really mind if someone does use Pokesav, but I won't use it. Cloning I'm OK with. Even the RNG, which I'll probably get into one of these days.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I just hatched a Shiny Sewaddle!

But that's not all to it...it's dad was a Shiny Leavanny.

So, my first two Shiny Pokemon EVER belong to the same family.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I hold the RNG as more legitimate than cloning. It's exploiting a game mechanic, but it's not exploiting a glitch.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
What do you mean?

I mean, cloning Pokemon really isn't that big of a deal... items are a different matter, of course. But with RNG manipulation, you're actually creating a perfect Pokemon.

Not that I care either way. Just saying.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why are items different? If anything cloning a Pokemon would be a more severe thing. With RNG, you're playing to the game's mechanics.

Morokh

If you're only cloning legit pokemons i don't really see that as a big problem as long as they are from the ones that can be bred otherwise it becomes game-breaking.

In the end it just can be considered as a way to share your luck on some awesome IV's which is kind of the same as RNG, even if you have to use an external program.

AR/Pokesav that allows you to create / modify data is another story.

My friend set out about a week ago to hatch a shiny Ponyta. We all told him he was crazy, and it would never happen.

Fast forward to today. He hatches a shiny Ponyta on the 319th egg. I'm baffled.

Eh as long as your not actively modifying the data of a pokemon , or making something from nothing ( i.e putting 99 masterballs in your bag or something) i think it's ok.

Murkas

Back when it was Diamond/Pearl I used a Action Replay to spawn the green delivery man so I could get access to the event Pokemon.

I never had events near me and couldn't Wifi at the time :(

Morokh

Blu_LED said:
My friend set out about a week ago to hatch a shiny Ponyta. We all told him he was crazy, and it would never happen.

Fast forward to today. He hatches a shiny Ponyta on the 319th egg. I'm baffled.

chances of a Shiney have been increased in B/W if you use 2 pokemons with different Natonality.

Gravijah

Murkas said:
Back when it was Diamond/Pearl I used a Action Replay to spawn the green delivery man so I could get access to the event Pokemon.

Meh, nothing wrong with that.

O D I N

DoomXploder7 said:
Eh as long as your not actively modifying the data of a pokemon , or making something from nothing ( i.e putting 99 masterballs in your bag or something) i think it's ok.

The only thing I did in D/P was get rare candies. My buddy and I had/have (haven't done this in B/W) very little time to go back to PL to grind to 100.

We did all of the actual breeding and EV training legit. Just took a shortcut to get to 100. Will I be doing that again? No, I don't think so. I'll just have to figure out how to get to 100 in this game, as long as it doesn't involve the league. :-/ I hate grinding.\

/equips flak jacket for rare candy hax

Wiseblade

Murkas said:

Cheating scum!

I don't blame you.

O D I N

Blue_Gecko said:
'if it's in the game, it's fair game'. If you use some outside device or program/file manipulation, that's cheating.

I agree, 100%.

Going forward, I think I'm gonna do this the real way. Which means I'll never have time. T__T

Frak, I hate grinding. Off to the 7th gym!

EDIT: Mad props for Deadpool, by the way.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
My cousins taught me how to do the Glitch City trick. That was pretty mindblowing back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom