• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravijah said:
What kind of Pokemon fan has never done the missingno glitch?!
I don't know. I did it on my friends copy which he gave to me, and then never touched that copy again. I never felt any need to do it on my real copies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Morokh said:
chances of a Shiney have been increased in B/W if you use 2 pokemons with different Natonality.

Indeed.

Just realized that's what happened with my Shiny Sewaddle...Ditto was from American Fire Red, and Leavanny was from Japanese Black.

They were both Shiny too...Ditto, however, was one I AR'd back in Fire Red. :(
Leavanny was legit though, and, in fact, my first legit one ever!

I thought I was finished IV breeding for a while and I just finished EV training over seven pokemon in one day, but now I find out my Adamant Dragonite's defense and Attack IV are crap.

So I went to work with an everstone and hatched thirty of those motherfuckers only to find mediocre ones in the bunch. I've also decided to hatch some good IV Bagon as a just in case kind of thing and some Scyther for a powerful Scizor as backup.

It never ends...
Morokh said:
don't even know what it is xD
Let's just say there is a reason Cinnabar Island is now covered in Ash...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watch Da Birdie said:
Indeed.

Just realized that's what happened with my Shiny Sewaddle...Ditto was from American Fire Red, and Leavanny was from Japanese Black.

They were both Shiny too...Ditto, however, was one I AR'd back in Fire Red. :(
Leavanny was legit though, and, in fact, my first legit one ever!

That is still stupidly rare.

When filling My Pokemon Ranch with an American Ditto and a Japanese Gyarados I got three shiny magikarp...out of 890 something.

Morokh

Gravijah said:

just googled it, did'nt know that could happen, but the same 'glitch' could be used when you encountered a pokemon in the safari zone, you just had to surf at this place and you could catch one that way. (and this, I did for a Kangaskhan :D )

Wiseblade

My Old Jolteon:

Jolteon - #135 (Timid)
HP: 19
Att: 5
Def: 27
SpA: 19
SpD: 15
Speed: 2

HP Ice, Power - 68

My New Eevee:

Eevee - #133 (Timid)
HP: 21
Att: 8
Def: 21
SpA: 31
Speed: 31

HP Ice, Power - 65

Worth it.

DarkKyo

I caught my first shiny in Soul Silver last year... I was wondering what you guys do with your shinies? Do you EV train them? I've never EV trained but I'm wondering if I should start with this shiny I have because they are so rare...

Oh and I'm gonna bring him into Pokemon White... you can do that right? Trade from soul silver to white somehow?

Murkas

Dechaios said:
I caught my first shiny in Soul Silver last year... I was wondering what you guys do with your shinies? Do you EV train them? I've never EV trained but I'm wondering if I should start with this shiny I have because they are so rare...

Oh and I'm gonna bring him into Pokemon White... you can do that right? Trade from soul silver to white somehow?

You can transfer them from HeartGold/Soulsilver to Black/White using the Poketransfer. I had a shiny Squirtle which I evolved to Blastoise, looks awesome!

Congrats on the shiny, what is it?

Can someone help me with a particular EV spread for my Conkeldurr?
Received this in a trade and it's a female so I can't breed for a better defense IV.

Nature: Adamant Ability: Guts
IV spread: 31, 25, 03, 31, 31, 05
HP: 31
Atk: 25
Def: 03
S. Atk: 31
S.Def: 31
Spe: 05

Moveset: Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Payback

I'm indecisive between these two spreads: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 S.Def and 68 HP / 224 Atk / 216 S.Def.

Leaning toward the former because the extra HP points can hopefully make up for it's woeful defense IV.

Blu_LED said:
Can someone explain to me how Zen Mode works for Darmanitan? I don't get to how activate it.
It's an ability that only the Darmanitan in stasis guarding the Desert Resort and those found in the Dream World have. To awake the Darmanitan at the Desert Resort you need a RageCandyBar(which is given to you by Prof. Juniper during the post-game). And to use the ability, it simply needs to have its health drop below 50%.

Why was it easier for me to accidentally happen upon and catch Kyurem than it was to find and catch a fucking Ditto? Goddam it, Ditto got a fucking upgrade this game :lol

Anyone else picture in-universe political debates about this kind of stuff? You know, rallying protests about how cloning Pokemon is the work of the devil and that they should only be raised naturally? Or that RNG is a "despised, unnatural process that's detrimental to the poor critters" without there being any actual evidence?
KuGsj.gif

D-Pad

Gravijah said:

Some of us started with the superior Yellow version.

You have to wonder who discovered the R/B surf glitch or how it was discovered. Who the hell decided to talk to the old man, see once again how to catch a Pokemon, and then fly directly to Cinnabar and surf along the coast?

Zee-V70 said:
Anyone else picture in-universe political debates about this kind of stuff? You know, rallying protests about how cloning Pokemon is the work of the devil and that they should only be raised naturally? Or that RNG is a "despised, unnatural process that's detrimental to the poor critters" without there being any actual evidence?
KuGsj.gif

or the "unethical" and "heartless" mass breeding of pokemon by forcing them to consumate and then the mass releasing of pokemon with the wrong genetics(IVs) and personality traits(Nature) until you get the right super pokemon to raise as a battle machine.

upandaway

D-Pad said:
Some of us started with the superior Yellow version.

You have to wonder who discovered the R/B surf glitch or how it was discovered. Who the hell decided to talk to the old man, see once again how to catch a Pokemon, and then fly directly to Cinnabar and surf along the coast?
The theory behind the Missingno glitch is actually really straightforward (and easy to understand). It's not surprising that one was found.

O D I N

DoomXploder7 said:
or the "unethical" and "heartless" mass breeding of pokemon by forcing them to consumate and then the mass releasing of pokemon with the wrong genetics(IVs) and personality traits(Nature) until you get the right super pokemon to raise as a battle machine.

simpsonsfrogdq7.jpg

EVERY MOMENT I LIVE IS AGONY!!! D:

Roto13

Dechaios said:

I don't EV train but I did replace my level 80 Serperior with a level 1 shiny Snivy just because it was pretty and blue. My shiny Fearow and Golem are just rotting in a PC box, waiting to be traded for other shinies. :p

Wiseblade

DoomXploder7 said:
I prefer to think of it as a spartan-esque society. The weak and malformed Pokémon are released at birth to be caught and raised by beginning trainers, while those with promise are raised on the battlefield to become the most elite fighting force the world has ever known.

Wiseblade said:
I prefer to think of it as a spartan-esque society. The weak and malformed Pokémon are released at birth to be caught and raised by beginning trainers, while those with promise are raised on the battlefield to become the most elite fighting force the world has ever known.

we at Pokemon Liberated And Saved from Menacing Advisors
disagree with such notions.

Morokh

Holy ! xD

I was breeding some timbur to get average stats for my final batch and look what i get :

Timburr - #532 (Bashful)
HP: 24 - 25
Att: 31
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 28 - 29
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 6 - 7

too bad the Nature sucks, that would have been a keeper xD

and again ...

Timburr - #532 (Quiet)
HP: 30 - 31
Def: 20 - 21
SpA: 20 - 21
SpD: 26 - 27
Speed: 28 - 29

... :D

Merovin

Wiseblade said:
My Old Jolteon:

Jolteon - #135 (Timid)
HP: 19
Att: 5
Def: 27
SpA: 19
Speed: 2

HP Ice, Power - 68

My New Eevee:

Eevee - #133 (Timid)
HP: 21
Att: 8
Def: 21
SpA: 31
Speed: 31

HP Ice, Power - 65

Worth it.

Kudos to you my friend, enjoy your victory!

Gravijah said:
What kind of Pokemon fan has never done the missingno glitch?!

Someone who isn't a Pokémon fan?!

JVIDICAN

Morokh said:
Holy ! xD

I was breeding some timbur to get average stats for my final batch and look what i get :

Timburr - #532 (Bashful)
HP: 24 - 25
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 28 - 29
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 6 - 7

too bad the Nature sucks, that would have been a keeper xD
It's still not bad. Give it a flame orb and throw it into a trick room team and you'll have yourself a beastly sweeper.

Cromat

How hard is it to do the RNG abuse thing?
I want (somewhat) legit pokemon but I can't be bothered to breed again.... (I bred several pokemon on Diamond but I don't have two DSs to trade).

JVIDICAN

Cromat said:
How hard is it to do the RNG abuse thing?
I want (somewhat) legit pokemon but I can't be bothered to breed again.... (I bred several pokemon on Diamond but I don't have two DSs to trade).
What are you looking for?

OMG Aero

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD
I've been breeding Joltik literally all day today and for a great deal of yesterday trying to get a decent nature and IV one, and I just checked the latest batch and saw this:
9t5jK.png

That's an above average shiny Joltik with Compoundeyes, Timid nature and 31 IV in special attack.

It's a shame that a shiny Galvantula is just a darker shade but, hey, it's a shiny of possibly my favourite new Pokemon with the right nature, ability and a max IV in one of its main stats.
It might be also worth noting that I have only been breeding same language Pokemon, not using the Masuda method.

Cromat

JVIDICAN said:
What are you looking for?

I want to start making a team... Volcarona could be a good pokemon to start with (since it appears on the map meaning that it's easier to RNG).
I also want a Lucario after that.

So GTS Negotiations is basically a shiny-fest now. Except nobody who has a shiny I want, wants any of the shinies I have (basically a Swellow and an Arcanine).

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Jellicent is a great Special Wall, especially with his unique typing. However he's far more offensive than than Alomomola. You'd be looking at a set with Surf and Will-O-Wisp or Boiling Water and Toxic with Recover and probably Shadow Ball or Ice Beam (or maybe Taunt if you're feeling adventurous). Bold nature for sure.

How about Hex?

Merovin

Firestorm said:
Smogon's 1st Official Annual VGC Tournament will be starting soon. Signups open now. Same rules as the GAF tournament but on Pokemon Online and without Team Preview (I don't think we can turn it off on WiFi so unfortunately it will be on for our tournament):

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103235

if you can get the page to load anyway

Hopefully we can have common decency and people will cover the top screen whilst selecting.

Wiseblade

OMG Aero said:
OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD
I've been breeding Joltik literally all day today and for a great deal of yesterday trying to get a decent nature and IV one, and I just checked the latest batch and saw this:
9t5jK.png

That's an above average shiny Joltik with Compoundeyes, Timid nature and 31 IV in special attack.

It's a shame that a shiny Galvantula is just a darker shade but, hey, it's a shiny of possibly my favourite new Pokemon with the right nature, ability and a max IV in one of its main stats.
It might be also worth noting that I have only been breeding same language Pokemon, not using the Masuda method.

Congrats!

yeb

Firestorm said:
Smogon's 1st Official Annual VGC Tournament will be starting soon. Signups open now. Same rules as the GAF tournament but on Pokemon Online and without Team Preview (I don't think we can turn it off on WiFi so unfortunately it will be on for our tournament):

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103235

if you can get the page to load anyway
Smogon's tourney doesn't mention a Sky Drop ban.

Also, will there be a team preview for the real VGC tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom