• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Quick Claw allowed Darmanitan to attack first"
"Marshal used a Full Restore
troll.png
"

FUUUUUUUU

JVIDICAN

HenryGale said:
I love a lot of the designs of the pokemon this gen. Its my fav game and pokemon since Gen I. One question though, what the fuck went down with the abomination that is druddigon? Dear lord, it's hideous.
Thats what happens when you combine a gargoyle with a dragon. lol.
He's awesome in certain teams though.

mmxzero

W1SSY said:
I traded a snivy and zorua for two of the legendary dogs from B/W. If you get lucky you can find people that really want zorua or the starters and can get some good trades.
Yeah I did that a lot in Pearl and Platinum with the starters and Feebas. I just like making trades happen, I think my best trade chain to get something I wanted on the GTS was 3 or 4 trades. Fun to make it work out!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HenryGale said:
I love a lot of the designs of the pokemon this gen. Its my fav game and pokemon since Gen I. One question though, what the fuck went down with the abomination that is druddigon? Dear lord, it's hideous.

Well he looks like a Digimon, so that's no surprise.

btkadams

HenryGale said:
why does everyone say this? it might be my favourite design this gen.

W1SSY

mmxzero said:
Yeah I did that a lot in Pearl and Platinum with the starters and Feebas. I just like making trades happen, I think my best trade chain to get something I wanted on the GTS was 3 or 4 trades. Fun to make it work out!
Yea starters seem to be great for trading so I have a bunch of them to show when I first go for a trade. I got a feebas the other day maybe I need to breed some for trading.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I'm at the second badge but I still only have my tepig as a main pokemon. None of these are really appealing to me, and I think I'll need an extra one to defeat the leader in the museum.

Is it worth it to train my tepig more and hopefully a good pokemon will come along after the second town/forest? Or should I just buckle up and get at least 1 extra now?

D-Pad

Teetris said:
I'm at the second badge but I still only have my tepig as a main pokemon. None of these are really appealing to me, and I think I'll need an extra one to defeat the leader in the museum.

Is it worth it to train my tepig more and hopefully a good pokemon will come along after the second town/forest? Or should I just buckle up and get at least 1 extra now?

If you have trouble beating that gym, there are, I think, at least three fighting Pokemon on the route right past town. All three of them have been admired by PokeGAF at some point. :p

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
D-Pad said:
If you have trouble beating that gym, there are, I think, at least three fighting Pokemon on the route right past town. All three of them have been admired by PokeGAF at some point. :p
Ah yes I found two of those. The lumberjack and Karate blue thingy. I wanted the karate pokemon to beat that gym but didn't really want it in my main team. The lumberjack seems more interesting but I dunno how strong it is

If I can beat the gym with 1 pokemon and lotsa potions I guess would you recommend I'd wait to catch another main?

Finn

Where's a good spot to hatch eggs? Doing it close to the day care isn't as successful as it was in previous games. Too many kinks in the path.

Gravijah

Teetris said:
Ah yes I found two of those. The lumberjack and Karate blue thingy. I wanted the karate pokemon to beat that gym but didn't really want it in my main team. The lumberjack seems more interesting but I dunno how strong it is

If I can beat the gym with 1 pokemon and lotsa potions I guess would you recommend I'd wait to catch another main?

Timburr with Sheer Force=Ooooh yeah.

Finn said:
Where's a good spot to hatch eggs? Doing it close to the day care isn't as successful as it was in previous games. Too many kinks in the path.

Kinks? You can go all the way left and all the way right without issue, though it isn't extremely long.

Teetris said:

Go get a drillbubr, you can get him after the first gym. Excadrill is still on my team, beside that only my starter is left from anywhere that early in the game.

Btw I just beat the 8th gym!!!! 133 seen 126 obtained!!

Gravijah said:
Timburr with Sheer Force=Ooooh yeah.

Kinks? You can go all the way left and all the way right without issue, though it isn't extremely long.
Uhm.. Battle subway?

You can walk inan endless circle. Just put some tape on B and Up and walk forever.

Boogiepop

Finn said:
Just... take the middle of the path. Nothing should impede you. I generally use the computer IRL with one earphone in from the DS, switching direction on the d-pad when I hear a thunk, so it doesn't really waste any time, breeding.

goldensun

I got a question for yall. Instead of taking so long to IV breed, is it possible to just use an action replay and cheat to get perfect IVs? I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject :p

JVIDICAN

goldensun said:
I got a question for yall. Instead of taking so long to IV breed, is it possible to just use an action replay and cheat to get perfect IVs? I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject :p
You could.. It's generally frowned upon though. What are you looking for? I have some legitimate high IV monsters I could provide you. :)

Zertez

goldensun said:
Im sure it is possible, but no one wants to battle against a cheater or someone who has an unfair advantage due to cheating. Well I guess some other people who cheat wouldnt mind battling you. If no legit players want to battle you, it is pointless even worrying about IVs and such, single player game is already easy enough. If you are going to use cheats, dupes etc, you should let people know.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
goldensun said:

What's the point in that? May just as well use Shoddy or Pokemon Online and skip the games entirely.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
goldensun said:

If people know, you'll generally never get a battle against a legit player. Its highly frowned upon.

Articalys

I have the whole Unovadex except for Zorua and Zoroark.
I have my copy of SoulSilver right next to me with the event Mew and Suicune.
I only have one DS, and don't know when I'll be able to meet up with someone from whom I can borrow one.
aishdfipagisdugiasuh

goldensun

JVIDICAN said:
You could.. It's generally frowned upon though. What are you looking for? I have some legitimate high IV monsters I could provide you. :)
Not lookin for anything in particular right now, but thanks for the offer. :)

Also, I don't even own an action replay nor do I intend on purchasing one. Just wanted to know :) Like I said, wasn't too knowledgeable on the situation. I've never used shoddy/pokemon online before either.

W1SSY

Articalys said:
I have the whole Unovadex except for Zorua and Zoroark.
I have my copy of SoulSilver right next to me with the event Mew and Suicune.
I only have one DS, and don't know when I'll be able to meet up with someone from whom I can borrow one.
aishdfipagisdugiasuh
I have a zorua I could trade you.

yeb

My pokemon are getting rubbed together so hard right now. I just grabbed an egg, walked down the steps, and got called back.

Articalys

W1SSY said:
I have a zorua I could trade you.
I appreciate the thought, but I promised myself that as long as it was within my capability to obtain something based on the games I own, I would refrain from using an outside source. Obviously, that doesn't count for the extra hardware I need to do the transfer, so...

W1SSY

Articalys said:
I appreciate the thought, but I promised myself that as long as it was within my capability to obtain something based on the games I own, I would refrain from using an outside source. Obviously, that doesn't count for the extra hardware I need to do the transfer, so...
Thats cool just thought I would offer.

eek5

Murkas said:
I have a better understanding now. But it looks like I have to catch 6 Ditto's with perfect IV's. sounds fun!
i can send you some dittos to get you started if you want

i have one with pretty good stats in everything (20+ but no 31's) and some with 31's in a specific stats

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JVIDICAN said:
Probably my least favorite design of this gen. Its cry reminds me of a UMD loading too. :p

Really? With the Stunfisks and Gurdurrs and the Simis and Druddigons that's your least favorite design?

Basculin at least looks cooler than Magikarp.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Why couldn't we get a badass fish Pokemon. :( Most of the cool ones just turn into something completely different.

Jellicent is fricking awesome. Seismotoad is OK. Carracosta is awesome. Swanna is meh, but a great HM slave. Alomomola is the only really lame one and that's more because it's a secret Luvdisc evo.

And apparently Keldeo is water, too.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Jellicent is fricking awesome. Seismotoad is OK. Carracosta is awesome. Swanna is meh, but a great HM slave. Alomomola is the only really lame one and that's more because it's a secret Luvdisc evo.

And apparently Keldeo is water, too.

I said fish not water!

I beat the elite 4 and the champion folks. Did it with a Mienshao, Archeops, Samurott, and Chandelur or however you spell that doods name. All around level 53. Wasn't so difficult at all. Quite easy actually :)

KingK

JVIDICAN said:
Probably my least favorite design of this gen. Its cry reminds me of a UMD loading too. :p
621animateddruddigon.gif

Have you seen this ugly monstrosity of a Pokemon?! Druddigon should be everybody's least favorite design of this gen. Maybe of all time. Seriously, what the hell was GameFreak thinking when they decided it was a good idea to put this thing in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom